September 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by nedy1105

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This photographs beautifully. It makes your skin look flawless in pictures. I have very oily skin and blotted once within three hrs. A small amount is need for the entire face. Feels light on the skin never cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by sarah7855

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I am in love!! HG foundation at last! I have SUPER oily, acne prone skin that not even original ColorStay Oily/Combination formula could tackle. I'd have to blot within an hour of putting it on, but the coverage was good and decently natural looking so it has been my go- to for awhile. I came across this by accident; I have been looking for a compact foundation to keep in my overnight bag for quick makeup application in the mornings at my guy's house. Tried Revlon New Complexion and while the coverage was good and super fast, I broke out majorly from it...and I haven't broken out that badly since I was a teen. So, after giving up on that, I was checking out some reviews on here to try to find something that would work. I noticed this foundation getting rave reviews and had to try it, so I went straight to CVS and scooped it up. I am 300 Golden Beige in the original CS and am Natural Beige in this formula. I got a bottle of the original and used it to help try to select a shade because everyone is right when they say you cannot tell the color through the jar. The ingredients sticker is on the bottom and is huge so you have like a 1/4 inch sliver visible to try to work with. I ended up being lucky and scoring the perfect match on the first try. It applies like a dream, I've used my fingers and a makeup brush and both worked great. It has medium coverage but looks completely natural, even when built up for more coverage. But my favorite part is that it STAYS PUT! I live in Florida, and it's insanely hot this summer. That, combined with my already oily skin, and normally I'm an oil slick by mid morning. Not with this stuff! I'm amazed at how it really stays put and stays fresh looking. That was something I never thought I'd actually be able to have in a makeup, and I am wearing this stuff without a primer or mattifying lotion. Just bare skin with light moisturizer under my eyes. The jar is really, really heavy (and quite large-it's hard to grip in one hand) and is the complete opposite of what I was looking for when I set out on this compact makeup mission, but for the way this stuff works, I will take it. I also like that it contains salicylic acid, which is always a welcome addition for my acne prone skin. I hope this stuff is never discontinued because I will be using this one for a long, long time!
UPDATE: I've been using this for several weeks now, and have one big complaint: the packaging! the inner seal around the lid has broken on two jars now, and the lid won't screw closed. Being that a little goes a long way with this foundation, that means I have two half used jars whose lids won't close! It's super annoying. It's not like I close them very tightly or anything, it's just a cheap plastic rim that doesn't hold up against the heavy glass of the jar. I took one lippie off for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am in absolute LOVE with this foundation. I've been using it about 10 days now, and it might be too early to say HG, but I'm loving everything about it.

My skin is NC15 (quite pale, but definite yellow undertones), and in the original Colorstay, Buff matched me perfectly. I figured the shade Buff would work for me as well in this whipped formula. It worked, with a little blending down the neck. The issue I had was that it was a little more yellow, and a tiny bit darker than the original formula by the same name. Over the past week or so though, I've gotten a little sun and it is a great match now.

When you open the container, it looks like a liquid. But when you press you're finger into it, it has a bouncy feel to it. My skin is more on the dry side, and generally responds very well to cream types of foundation, and this is no exception. I've applied it with my fingers, a brush, and a beauty blender with great results each time. It doesn't accentuate my dry patches, or dry completely matte. The finish isn't overly dewy either though, it's just really natural looking, like real skin. The coverage is medium, but definitely buildable to full coverage.

Staying power is great. I wore it this past weekend at my inlaw's lake house. It was hot and humid, and there was a ton of wind coming in off the lake, but I didn't find myself having to touch up. I just put it on in the morning, and set my t zone with silica powder. There were also a lot of pictures taken, and I didn't have the dreaded ghost-face flashback effect, since this doesn't have spf. I wear a sunscreen under my makeup daily, so this isn't an issue for me, but may be something to consider if you don't wear one.

I think it's also worth mentioning that this is the first foundation I've ever tried that doesn't settle into the fine lines on my face by the end of the day. I'm only 20, but the lines are definitely there. Everything I've tried so far has settled in them after 8 hours or so, making them more prominent. I had just accepted that as a fact of makeup, but now I can see that I don't need to deal with that.

I've heard people say they don't like the packaging, but I actually like it a lot. It looks sleek and classy on my vanity and has a nice weight to it. Is it unsanitary? Maybe, but then aren't all cream-type products? I suppose if they could keep the same consistency, but package it in a tube, I wouldn't be fully against that. I'd miss the look of the jar, though.

Revlon, PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS, EVER. I have finally found the foundation that will last through my wedding without drying the crap out of my face. The many months of searching and testing products is over.

Pros:
-works well on a variety of skin types
-very long wearing without being drying
-natural finish
-layers very well to build up coverage
-no white cast in flash photography
-a decent variety of shades
-affordable (about $10 when I picked mine up at wal mart)
-attractive packaging
-has not broken out my sensitive skin
-doesn't smell nearly as paint-like as original colorstay

Cons:
-no spf
-unhygienic packaging
-difficult to guess shade by looking at the pot
-must blend quickly, sets pretty fast

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a light feeling, medium coverage foundation. It's not going to cover major imperfections, but it does even out your skin tone and can cover minor things; you'll probably need still concealer if you have have a lot of acne scars (like me). It's really easy to apply and blend into the skin. I have heard others say that they found this foundation to be oily, but I have combination skin and sweat pretty easily and have not had a problem with this. I think it leaves a nice finish to the skin and as long as I'm not staying outside in the hot sun for long periods of time, I don't have to blot my skin. I did have this on when I went hiking this weekend and while I'm sure some of it went away, it didn't transfer too much when I wiped my forehead with my arm which is definitely a plus! Also, I really love the way the packaging looks, although I'm not sure how sanitary it is to always be dipping your fingers into it. I guess you just have to make sure you have clean hands before using it. I will definitely repurchase this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

If you live somewhere where the relative humidity rivals that of the temperature,you NEED this. This foundation has a little something for everyone-salicylic acid for the oily skinned,hyaluronic acid for the drier skinned among us (like me.) It has gotten beastly hot and muggy in Florida lately,and anything water based slides off in less than a minute.I found while trying this on yesterday that it just beaded rather than streaked,so that was a huge plus (this was in 95 F,by the way.) I love Colorstay,but up until now the liquid types have not worked well for me. This looks promising; I'm about NC 25 ish and wear Nude 200. I'm not entirely sure if this is the best color match, so if you review this foundation could you PLEASE indicate what shade you are and what universal shade you wear (i.e. MAC)? This helps so much when going to the drugstore as it is impossible to try it on in store here. Nude is VERY yellow based,so if you need a yellow based shade,great, if not,you know what to stay away from. As others have mentioned,a little goes a long way; I wish it came with a little spatula or something to scoop out the product. It can be sheered out and basically needs to be for good coverage. This doesn't feel as cakey as the regular CS, so others may like that feature. It claims to last up to 24 hours, but I don't want to try that out (I don't break out often,but am destined to if I don't wash my face at night.)
The least expensive you will this for is at Wal Mart for ~$10-$11; I had a coupon for $3 off Revlon at CVS and then got $4 Extra Bucks for that purchase-just FYI if you're trying to pinch pennies.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh, this one will be sold out everywhere! Another great new product from Revlon!

It's nice and light- like not wearing anything at all, yet it still manages to give good coverage. A little goes a long way, so it's a great buy for the money. I've been looking for something to wear in the humid south and this is perfect. Already a HG foundation for me (previous to this, MUF HD foundation was my fave). I'd prefer a pump bottle, but do like the fact that I can barely touch down my finger in the jar and that's enough to do my entire face (making application with my fingers nice and quick).

Now we need whipped Colorstay blushes and a whipped concealer Revlon ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Narustar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh ma LAWD! I think I just found my HG foundation! I admit, I've been a snob and have always stuck with high-end foundations because I believed they were better quality than DS makeup. However, after my HE foundations being a miss for me I've been on a search for my new HG foundation and decided to look to DS foundations this time. Trust me, I've used MAC, Napoleon Perdis, Dior foundations.. but both Mac and Napoleon looked too cakey on me, while Dior Foreverskin didn't combine well with my already oily skin. It made me look even oilier and I didn't like how I could just FEEL it on my face (Dior DOES feel water-based.. so maybe that was a bad choice on my part but I heard it worked well with oily skin so go figure.). However, I've been reading how Revlon's whipped foundation has been controlling oilies, how it feels light on the skin, and how it doesn't transfer and let me tell you.. It DOES all that.

I wore my moisturizer, then Arbonne's makeup primer, then Cornsilk setting powder over it. I wore it for 3 hours (not really that long) but it held up really nicely as compared to the other HE foundations I've used in the past. I blotted once out of habit but the foundation didn't transfer onto the toilet paper! WOW! I'm so glad because I get embarrassed whenever I leave face marks on other people's clothing, especially my SO's! Usually when I blot with toilet paper or something you can see some marks from my foundation it on it. But with this? Nope. Hardly.

Like so many others, the only gripe I have with this product is the way it's packaged. C'mon now, Revlon! I know you tryna be all fancy with your packaging, and I must admit, it DOES look fancy but I'd rather take efficiency over fancy packaging any day! It was so damn (excuse my language) hard to find a match for my skincolor 'cause of the glare and thickness of the glass packaging! All the colors looked the same! When you open the jar, the color is a lot darker than what it looks like on the outside! I'm glad I only had to go through two jars to find my color for the summer, I can't imagine how many others people have had to go through. Next, I'm not crazy about sanitary purposes, but it is a little annoying to dip my finger in just to get some of it out. I find it a pump or a tube is more convenient because it's easier to distribute how much product you want. Lastly, there's not a lot of product.. it's mostly glass. For $10 - $13 I expect there to be more product but I love the foundation enough that that won't stop me from buying it. I really hope Revlon comes up with a better way to package the foundation or at least give us more samples to try other than just Nude.

Overall, I absolutely LOVE this foundation because it blends like a dream and it leaves a natural finish for me unlike many other foundations. It was neither too matte or too dewy. Since I have combination skin (dryness and oilyness in certain spots) please be aware that this DOES accentuate dry patches/flakies so don't forget to exfoliate and moisturize. :) I find that it does keep my oil under control really well for a pretty good amount of time and doesn't make me look overdone. This foundation does have Salicylic Acid so that is probably why it keeps the oil at bay. I'll update this after I wear it for a week to see how my skin reacts to it. Ladies, get this while you can!! I prefer using this over my HE products any day because it GETS the job done!

PS. Also, all my NC25 ladies! If you're having trouble deciding which shade to get, I would suggest either Buff (Light yellow shade), Warm Golden (If you're in between.. probably the safest decision to make and then you can decide whether you wanna go lighter or darker) or Natural Tan (which is the shade I'm in now since I'm getting tan.) I'm an NC25 in Mac and it was difficult choosing which shade to get, so hopefully this helps you when you're at the store. :)

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Finally, transfer resistant foundation has come into it's own and in a big way. I always found these long wearing foundations tended to texturize the skin it sat atop. It wore forever, but never refined the skin in the same way non-transfer resistant (regular) foundations did. You know, dry,flaky skin appeared more so as did acne scars and pits. Pores never seemed as refined as regular foundations. Now we've got the best of both worlds: The refinement and finely ground pigments of regular foundations with the long wearing of transfer resistant, Finally!! It just might be the perfect foundation. Thank you Revlon. You'll make a killing on this. I just hope you've patented the formula.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best drugstore foundation EVER! I couldn't use the regular CS foundation because it looked extremely cakey and it felt so heavy on my face. When I first bought this, I was kind of disappointed of the amount in the jar. But a little really goes a long way. This is the only drugstore foundation that doesn't make my dry skin look worse. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by rinne02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail! I never thought I would find the perfect foundation at the ds! I hated the original CS, too thick and it broke me out. This, however is perfection. It blends like a dream, stays put in the heat, leaves a satin finish, I have not broken out after 1 solid week of wear, and it has very classy packaging. Even my husband said my skin looked really pretty. Please Revlon never discontinue this!