Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/30/2012 10:30:00 PM

I have rosacea that is very difficult to cover. I was a fan of the original Colorstay liquid, as it did provide the coverage I needed, but at the end of the day, I could not wait to take it off. What's the point of "long lasting" if you can't stand the feel of it after 8 hours?

This has a much lighter feel, but still provides the coverage, and lasts well. I do set it with powder.

I did have to return the first color, natural beige, which I bought because that was the original Colorstay shade I used. Unlike other reviewers here, I found I actually needed to move down to the next lighter color, nude, which might even still be a little dark for me in winter. But I do strive for a very natural look, when I'm told it doesn't look like I wear makeup, that's a compliment.

I don't have a problem with the open container, and don't really understand the issue there. I apply with clean fingers, wash again after, and don't share. It's actually better than a pump or bottle for me, because I often wind up with too much from those type containers, and it just gets wasted. I even got about 3 uses just off the inside of the disposable lid when it was new.

Took off one lippie for the not-quite-perfect color match.

Thank you Revlon! Love this product.

on 6/30/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm going to compare the whipped formula to the original Colorstay liquid foundation formula:

Shade- In terms of shade, Ivory in the whipped formula is a bit lighter than the Ivory in the original. You may want to go a shade darker than you typically would. I looked a bit pasty in this.

Blending- Blending was easier with the whipped version.

Staying power-This lasted 9 hours on my oily skin; the liquid version lasts 14 hours on me.

Coverage- Coverage is moderate; less buildable than the original

Texture and feel- Creamier, slightly heavier than original.

Finish- This is not a matte foundation, it's more of a dewy-natural finish.

Packaging- It's in a jar as opposed to a bottle. Not particularly sanitary.

Overall, it was an alright foundation. Nothing particularly fabulous, but not bad. If you have dry/normal skin and want a long-lasting, dewy foundation, give this a try.

I prefer the Combination/Oily liquid version personally.

on 6/30/2012 9:27:00 PM

well i went for it. i've not had a drugstore foundation work for me ever before but what the heck. more $ ones i have tried are EL, Studio Gear, Cargo, and I've had samples of all the others, lancome, clinique, etc etc . I've been using MAC Prolongwear for i guess about 2 years. mostly happy with it but figured if i could find a less $ one that would be great.
anyway, I've worn it for 4 days straight, to work, everywhere i normally go. i REALLY like it! it looks just as good, no,* better* than the mac i was using. actually I felt a little more greasy with mac. this goes on nice, (I personally use my ecotools retractable kabuki to blend it, just like i did w/the mac) it feels much nicer, lighter, satiny instead of greasy. . covers well, i'd say medium to full, i have a lot of pigmentation and i'm happy with the coverage. i haven't gotten oily, I've put it on at 7am and left it on til bedtime and it looked the same. it hasn't oxidized, I haven't broken out, crossing my fingers i don't. and i don't find it hard to remove. i use walmart exfoliating wipes and noxema and i'm good. i don't love the jar but i don't really care either way. i don't take it with me so it's not a problem.
i'd really give it a 4/12 if i could, a 5 for me would be whatever makes me flawless looking which i don't expect to find.
P.S. not long ago tried the Revlon Photoready Airbrush mousse stuff, & HATED it. so was surprised by this one. :)

on 6/30/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried it and just can't quite put a finger on it. I really prefer powder foundations and the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers really does wonders for my complexion so, I think I will stick to that. This felt really sticky throughout my entire work day and couldn't wait to come home and wash my face. Perhaps it's because I have dry skin and moisturize like crazy? This just sat there. Even the original Colorstay would sit on my face. I wish I would have saved the receipt cause I would take it back.

on 6/30/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product really intrigued me, I ended up hating the regular revlon color stay because of it's cakey mess it made. I thought this might be a better alternative. Well it wasn't as made as the other version but it also didn't knock my sock off.

Coverage-medium, what really bothers my is on my skin it manages to mask all the good skin but not do anyting to cover some redness from acne/acne scars (the orginal RCS did this on me as well)

Finish- Satin like finish but left me looking dull

Blendability- Very easy to blend. Can use a sponge, brush, or fingers and it blends fine any way

Packaging-While it looks nice and classy I find it to be a big waste of glass, traveling with this would be a pain because it's heavy and could crack if dropped or luggage was handled carelessly. If they wanted a jar package I would have opted for a plastic.

How long does it wear? On me 24 hours would have never made it. I get about 5 hours out of it before it starts to breakdown and look terrible.

I wanted it to work but it was a no go for me. For reference right now i'm around an NC 20-25 and used the color sand beige. My face has a lot of pink and redness to it and my body is very warm. There wasn't quite enough yellow is this shade to neutralize the redness.

on 6/30/2012 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What I look for in foundation: light, natural looking coverage; won't irritate my sensitive-combination skin; long wearing; easy to apply.

Revlon describes this as "decadent" on their website, and they're right. The consistency of this foundation is unlike any other I've ever tried. Liquid but not, this whipped creme feels very rich. This works with all the areas on my face fine, not highlighting dry spots and not becoming shiny in the oily areas.

I agree with the other reviewers that determining a color match from the jars is tough, but since I wear Vanilla in Photoready, which is the next step up from Ivory, I figured I would wear Buff in this. Perfect match. I would describe the shade as neutral in tone - I'm warm, and while it doesn't necessarily lean warm, it's definitely not cool or pink either. Does not oxidize or turn orange - color stays true.

The foundation blends in easily and seamlessly, leaving my skin looking very even. The coverage is on the fuller side of the foundation spectrum, definitely beyond medium and is also buildable, without being highly obvious. If you use too much, it can become cakey - but that's a problem with any foundation. I still need concealer for blemishes but not for under the eye when using this. The finish is matte/satin which is wonderful because many products like this finish dewy, which I hate. It somehow manages to looks fresh most of the day.

As far as lasting power, this lasts 10+ hours still looking as good as it did in the morning. No wearing off issues whatsoever, even during hot summer days. No fading, smearing, melting - nothing. It stays beautiful all day and into the night. No touch-ups required - seriously. Tested its claims to stand up to heat/humidity by wearing through a hot outdoor baby shower and a humid actual shower and it didn't melt or smear. Their 24 hour claim is probably BS, but I don't wear makeup for 24 hours at a time anyway!

I do not set with powder personally, but I do wear a powder bronzer on top. Word to the wise, this will soak up the bronzer a bit since it doesn't "dry" completely, so I've had to use a lighter touch with my bronzer.

I gave a 3 for price not because it is pricey generally, but because it is pricey for Revlon at $13.99. However, it is well worth it, and with Ulta coupons and sales I'm sure it can be purchased at a discount. I don't mind the jar packaging at all - it looks elegant and feels solid - and you get a ton of product which is great.

I apply with my fingers. A sponge would probably soak up too much product and I'm personally not that deft with brushes.

Foundation washes off easily with cleanser and water.

This never did cause me to break out but it did feel quite suffocating on my face after awhile. I think I'm just not used to such thick/full coverage. It would cause my skin to itch or have pale red patches if I wore it too long, also. I think it was just too heavy for my preferences AND my sensitive skin. I discontinued using it, but those who like fuller coverage may really like it.

on 6/30/2012 10:05:00 AM

This is another reason that I LOVE CVS's return policy. I used this foundation for several days, but could not justify $14 for a foundation that just does not cut it. Overall, I liked the packaging (as long as your fingers are clean!), the color was perfect (Buff - I have used the other Color Stay before and already knew which shade worked for me), and my face felt dewey and fresh. The downside is it is extremely sheer -- I have used tinted moisturizers that provided more coverage. The only reason I tried this foundation was to see if it was more moisturizing than the regular Color Stay (which I love, but it dries out my skin.)

on 6/29/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Just bought this foundation and I love it! I just finished my chanel perfection lumier foundation which I loved also but I didn't love the $54 price tag. I was on a mission to find something just as good on a budget. I am amazed how perfect the color matched my skin tone. I have to say its a better match then the chanel the SA matched me with. This Whipped foundation reminds me do the $85 capture totale foundation and the Laura mercier $54 whipped foundation I have sampled. You won't be disappointed.

on 6/29/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I can see how some folks love this but this was not great for my mature normal combo skin. At first I could see only good things as I stippled on with a flat top brush. I got medium coverage with very little product.

I tried 2 colors sand beige and warm golden on my warm toned LLL skin tone (probably NC 30 right now) and I liked warm golden better.

But after a couple of hours I didn't like how this made my complexion look so dull and flat. The foundation had settled in my wrinkles and seemed to emphasize them and on top of that seemed to feel rubbery and rather weird on my skin, not heavy just synthetic. That feeling didn't go away.

In addition I found the color darkened a little as well but the foundation was tenacious and was still there at 10 pm when I cleansed. But I did have some breakouts after a couple of wears.

I will say if you are looking for a cream to powder light wear with medium to full coverage to try the L'oreal cream version new in the jar. I think it is better suited to more mature complexions and feels near weightless for humid summer days. Also contains an SPF. You can see my review of it.

on 6/28/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW I love this stuff!!! I am usually a Revlon Colorstay user in normal/dry skin. The only thing I don't like about that foundation is that it settles in the lines of my face. the area around my mouth is slightly darker than the rest of my face and I am been searching for a foundation that makes my skin one even color and this is it. I love the creamy consistency of this makeup and you really don't need much at all per use. I made the mistake of dipping my finger in twice the first time I used it and It was way too much. I think it's expensive, but if it works I am willing to pay for it with coupons/deals. I think it is much better than the regular CS foundation and it lasts all day. Would definitely recommend. A+
Please don't discontinue Revlon!!!