November 21, 2014 | 1666 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by breatheformusic

I really don't need another foundation, but Im always on the look out for something better than what Im using at the time since I havent exactly come across my HG yet. I've used Colorstay liquid in the past and Im not a big fan of that. It always looked cakey on my skin and turned me into a grease ball.

But I figured since I was hearing good things about this, Id try it on a whim. I put it on today earlier before I went out and I was actually sort of surprised. It gave me all the coverage I needed (a few blemishes and acne scars were covered) and it looked really smooth on my skin. It took really well to a picture I took as well, if anyone cares about foundations that look good in photography.

Also, Im very pale (Im usually the lightest color of the foundations I get. For example, in my Hourglass Immaculate foundation, Im "porcelain.") So it's hard for me to find a color that matches me 100% all the time. I can usually get away with just using the lightest color, but it isnt always the EXACT color of my natural skin tone. But like I said, I can usually get away with it. Anyhow, I feel like the Ivory in this line fit me exactly. It looked completely like my actual skin color, which is something I dont come across all that often. So that was a positive.

I didnt wear it out for a long time, so Im not sure yet how it holds up. The liquid colorstay always held up well, despite turning me greasy though, so Im hoping that this holds up well without so much of the grease factor. I'd say the one con so far I've found about this however is that, like the liquid, it does look a bit cakey upon closer inspection. It's definitely not as much so as the liquid, but there's still a slight cakiness here. Although, I find you can only really notice if you're really looking close up. So you can get away with it- especially since from at a good standing distance, it looks pretty smooth.

Im going to continue to use this product, however, as it's actually one of the better looking foundations that I have. I really love the smooth look it gives to my skin. I also love how I can match my color exactly. Again, Im not too keen on the bit of cakiness it gives, but its FAR better for me than the liquid. Overall I think it actually gives a lot more of a natural look than the liquid. So, Ill keep using it for now and see how it fairs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Ohhchels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of the Revlon Colorstay line. I have used Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation for years now. I have found over the years though that while this foundation provides me the best, and most long lasting coverage that it tends to be drying and because of this calls attention to flaws and pores. I've been waiting for Revlon to come out with a product with the 24 hour promise and coverage of Colorstay forever, and that product is finally here with the whipped creme. It gives you the flawless airbrushed coverage you're looking for, while not being drying or feeling heavy on the face. It doesn't make my pores more noticeable, and my bronzer and other makeup applied nicely over it. For those who tend to get oily in the T-zone I would reccomend a powder over the top to set the foundation. For those of you with the complaints regarding lack of shade choices, it is always best to go on the light side and warm up the shade with a bronzer. This prevents lines on the side of the face and neck where you can see the makeup is not blended. This whipped creme foundation is MUCH MORE BLENDABLE on the skin than the Colorstay liquid, and this is what I love most. This is my new go-to foundation and I will reccomend to all my friends. Thanks for another great product Revlon<3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

All I did was touch my skin and this stuff wiped right off which tells me that even though I buffed it in and it looked nice from afar, it was still just "sitting" there like a mask. I can also feel it on my face which is a huge turn off for me (I am not much of a foundation person to begin with) I will say that the color buff was a pretty decent match for my nw15 skin and the texture is lovely, but again I felt trapped under a mask and not naturally enhanced as a foundation should do. Drugstore foundations just do not work for me period, I need to listen to my gut and not fall to tempation/glowing reviews when it comes to a base. Oh well, 11.00 mistake, back to my tinted moisturizer and mineral powder which is where I feel comfortable and satisfied. For reference I am about nw15, normal to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by mimisbabydoll

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first review! I'm going to date myself from the very beginning. When I was an early teen and wanted a base, I lifted (with her knowledge) my mother's Ultima II creme foundation in Aureua (sp) Beige. I wore for years until they quit making it. So Sad!
I have gone the way of the minerals the last 10 or so years but never quite stopped missing my beloved Ultima II. This is the closest thing I
have found; I'm so glad I tried it. I love it and honestly I think it takes
. a shorter time to apply than the minerals. Thank you , Revlon. This
is the first thing I felt like putting my two cents in after reading MU
for years!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I'm really trying to love this foundation but I just cant.Eventho i like the coverage it gives me it also makes my already large pores even larger and that never happed to me using my other foundations,ever! especially after i put my benefit poreless primer under it,once i put this foundations I can see tiny dots,it was sorta like the foundation sets into my pores.Other may not agree with me but it also feels heavy on my skin and because I have acne scars I want to cover, I would like to add second layer but it is impossible to do that without making your face look cakey.This foundation is a miss for me and I dont really care about the heavy glass jar packaging.oh I almost forgot,if you have those dry acne spots this foundation will cling to it and enhanced the appearance even more so make sure to exfoliant before you put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I finally found a foundation that I really love!I kept seeing the commercial for this and it looked so creamy,I had to have it.I got it in the color Buff which matches my light neutral skin tone pretty perfectly.(not to pink not to yellow)I have dry flaky skin mainly on my forehead because of acne medication and most foundations show off my flakes but this didn't!My dry spots where barley noticeable with this.The texture of this is so creamy and it spreads very smoothly.Its about a light-medium coverage which I love for summer time but it is buildable so if you do add more layers it doesn't look cakey.The finish is just flawless.Even,smooth,and flawless.I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.I paid 13.99$ which is a great deal.I have no complaints.Though I don't see this as being a "whipped"texture its more creamy but whatever its great:)
(For reference I have sensitive acne prone skin and this didn't irritate it at all)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by heenan

ok ladies after umteen years and many mineral powder trials i have figured out i just cant wear it. breakouts galore, itchy irritated skin that whole vicious cycle of breakouts scarring pile more pwder on to hide it hence MORE worse breakouts! liquids and creams always kinda grossed me out and seemed complicated applying liquid and concealer then powder. THIS is amazing! powder is optional looks wayyyyyyy better then the MM powder so natural and smooth. after application it slowly melts and sets to look just like ur skin...feels like nothing is on ur skin. best thing is my skin is actually healing all the pimples\ hives are going away after one week. i feel so blessed to have found this.4get chemical free mm is and it ruined my skin! i am asian lt med. i got sand beige and think i will also try warm golden for countour highlight effect. try this! thank u sooo much fellow reviewers or i would never have tried this! ps my skin is UBER sensitive to EVERYTHING. no irrtitation or sickly smell whatsoever :)
UPDATE 7\10\12 my skin has continued to clear with bouts of patchy outbreaks but is now almost finally clear. perhaps the salicylic acid causes some purging? still luv it and i know this has helped heal my skin. amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy cow! This is the best foundation I have ever used! Thank you MUA'ers for the reviews on Colorstay Whipped (without of which I would have never bought it). Regular Colorstay does not even compare...so if you do not like the original liquid, don't let that keep you from trying the whipped version! The consistency of the product is very creamy and easy to apply. It blends very well and leaves a radiant glow. I bought shade 320, warm golden. This is several shades darker than what I would normally get because the lighter colors were way too light. It lasted all night last night through a pretty hefty night of drinking, and when I woke up this morning it was still perfect! Now, I don't normally go to bed with makeup on but last night was an exception.
The coverage is amazing too. Any blemish gets completely covered without looking cakey. It's just like my own skin since it feels so light. Very well done, Revlon! This is now my HG foundation!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My go-to foundations are ELDW and Revlon Colorstay~ I love the coverage and long wear, however I am looking for something lighter and more natural looking for summer, so I saw this and thought I would like it. Well, I did not- it had that silicone feel (that I hate) and just seemed to sit on top of my skin, even though I blended it with a beauty blender sponge. Coverage was very light, which I hated the fact I would have to slap more of this silicone feeling product on my face to build it up. The appearance wasn't great either, it made me look old and cakey. With a lot of Revlon cosmetics- it's hit or miss- either it's a great product or a very baaad product! I'm returning mine to CVS.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, yellow w/ reddish undertones and old acne marks.

I am going to have to try one shade lighter (Buff). Sand Beige initially appeared to be a good match, but it oxidized darker and orange...so I'd say Sand Beige would be good for NC30. The latex smell is a little.. uh disturbing. Let's talk application... using fingers will create a mask, but use your fingers to smear it across your cheeks to start. Sephora #55 airbrush (medium dense) was ok, MAC 187 (loose stippler) would not be effective against this paint, so my vote goes for the Sigma F84 (very dense) for the best finish.

Full coverage, so this is one of the foundations you can spot conceal afterwards. My acne prone skin doesn't like silicone much, so once I get a better color match, I'll get back to you.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No