July 28, 2014 | 1271 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like the traditional Colorstay formula. It looks heavy and masky and does not control my oil at all. I don't expect any foundation to keep the oil completely at bay, but Colorstay seems especially ineffective. So it was a HUGE leap of faith for me to purchase this product. I was swayed by the many positive reviews here on MUA.

As I age, I am looking for sheerer, more natural coverage. That's really hard to find in a longwearing foundation or those formulated for oily skin. Surprisingly, this fit the bill. It has enough coverage that I don't necessarily have to use a concealer unless I have fresh blemishes. It evens my skin tone nicely and covers any post acne hyperpigmentation I might have as well as some emerging sun spots that although still light are noticeable since I am very pale. And yet it does not look heavy, masky, or cakey at all.

The texture is nice and light, it blends easily and the finish is really quite perfect; neither too matte nor too dewy. I did not have any issues with transfer, but I did set it with powder. It controlled shine for about five hours, which is quite impressive, given the degree of my oiliness. And then it wasn't extreme shine, just a little breakthrough that was easily blotted away.

Often, the lightest drugstore shades are still too dark for my super pale complection, but Buff was actually a very nice match for me. I would like to get more product for my money, but I really needed very little product so I won't complain too strenuously. This was really what I had hoped the new Clinque stay matte was going to be like. Very pleased. The very last test will take a while to assess. I sure hope this doesn't break me out!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I had never known anything about this foundation until I saw it on display at my local Walgreens. It had Halle Berry on it wearing the shade Caramel. While looking at the actual shades on display, I noticed that Halle's shade wasn't even offered as a shade choice. The darkes shade offered on display was Early Tan. I definitely thought that it was a bit ironic for them to use someone of her complexion and not even offer a color matching her shade on display (where I purchased mines).

On the Revlon website, all of the shades that this foundation comes in is actually displayed. So, YES this foundation actually does come in a broader range of shades that aren't all being displayed at this time. The actual shade range for this foundation does consist of the following: Ivory (Lightest), Buff, Sand, Nude, Natural Beige, Medium Beige, Warm Golden, True Beige, Natural Tan, Early Tan, Rich Ginger, Caramel (Darkest-Halle's shade). Importantly, I do not understand why Revlon isn't offering shades in this foundation suited towards more darker/deeper complexions as well. I sincerely hope that they start doing so in the future.

I am of medium complexion myself. I have a pink-to-sometimes-peachy undertone to my face. My foundation shade in MAC is NW30. I was no able to swatch the foundation beforehand. There were no testers available on display for this foundation. Therefore, I had to do the best that I could in deciding which foundation shade looked like it would best match my skin's coloring. And, after a while, I ultimately decided to go with Medium Beige.

Medium Beige is more suited for individuals who are of the NW30 shade. It is not warm based. It is slightly more on the cool side instead. If you are an NC30 instead, I would recommend picking up the Warm Golden instead.

The foundation itself is pretty good. It is has a slight scent to it, even though thrte's no added fragrane. It is talc free. You do get a pretty decent sized amount of product in the jar it comes in. The wearability of this product is around 8 hours for me before I start to look more on the dewy side (this is without setting powder on top). With setting powder on top, my face really does stay relatively matte until I wash it off. And, it keeps it completely transfer proof as well.

Without any setting powder, I do get a little bit of transfer. However, it still wears relatively well nonetheless on my face. And, I do find it a bit easier to take off than the liquid colorstay version.

I can not attest to this product being able to stay on for 24 hours. I don't wear my makeup for 24 hours straight on a daily basis. And, I don't know anyone that actually does.

The consistency of this product is not like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse at all. It has less of a solid consistency to it than the Dream Matte Mousse. Instead, it has more of "true" whipped texture to it. Also it does not go on rather masky and heavy like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse does. And, it does no ball up on the face either.

I use Retin-A to help combat acne. Because the Retin-A is largely responsible for keeping my skin clear, I have not experienced any problems with breakouts from use of this product. Because we all have different skin issues, I cannot say whether this product will break out anyone's skin whether it is dry, combination, sensitive, oily, or otherwise. You truly must test it out for yourself first to really know if it will break you out or not.

Overall, I really do recommend trying it (especially if you have normal, combination, or oily skin). If you have dry or even very skin, you are certainly welcome to try it as well. But, individuals with dry/very dry skin, may find that they need a foundation with a bit more moisturizing properties than this one has.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by nikhatfarha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to try this and like it. Here's my review.
Pros: Good Formula. Easy to apply. Matte Finish. Decent coverage. Good Staying power.
Cons: It looked very dull. I would expect a foundation to improve my skin's texture and give it a fresh glow. It didn't do that. I was looking very tired and dull. So returned it. I love my MAC SFF and will stick to it for now.
I am planning to exchange it for a lighter shade and see if it helps. Even though the one I used(natural tan) is the perfect match for my nc40 skin color.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Update Sept 3, 2012, okay so I have tried this again and again now with Laura Mercier primer and also over various sunscreens. Its so lovely in texture, feels great going on. But its not whipped in feel, its heavy like a lead curtain. I've tried this using a Beauty Blender type sponge. Bottom line is if I continue to wear it Nasa won't need the Mars Rover to see craters. They can save their money and stay on earth as my avg sized pores are the size of football fields with this on. Update 4th of July 2012, really hate on me. Whenever I'm a good little lemming and purchase a foundation mua loves, especially a ds one, I end up with what is best called, "cake face." I look older, sadder, but clearly not wiser I mean I got 2 of these! When will I learn? I tried various things under this and all result in a bad face day which is much worse than a bad hair day if you ask me. It doesn't smell like the old paint I'm sure contains lead that my cheap landlord uses to paint apartments with, as the original cs does, but its just as life sucking as that one in every other way. I so its a done deal, I have to rob a bank to keep me in Laura Mercier Silk Creme. Shhh, you didn't hear that. Original review; Only my 2nd day using this and have yet to check a mirror since this morning to see how its held up which is a big deal maker/breaker for me. However I wanted to comment because I agree with some of what the reviewer below wrote. I have tried using the original since it came out when I was in college (am now 45, shhhh!), so long ago it came with a pump. I bought it to use a concealer actually as I did not need much coverage but for some spots. It worked well for that since it stayed put on my then oilier skin. But trying to use a foundation in more recent years was a fail as it looked incredible at first then dry, cakey like an old river bed, not pretty! But I've been loving Laura Mercier Silk Cream though who would not prefer a drug store price and availability over high end prices and having to order online? So yes ma, if everyone on MUA jumps off a bridge I will too;) so far I like the expensive looking, weighty glass jar but if it were thinner there would be more product. I like that its a cream and it is less drying than the original on my now very dry skin (even using the dry skin formula). However its not a creamy type foundation either, not something I can apply with a dampened sponge like other creams I've tried. Instead it seems more like the liquid in application and best with my fingers. Ilike the reviewer below I don't find it has great coverage. I only have redness on my upper cheeks, and I still had to spot conceal after which I don't need to do with LM Silk Cream. Funny it hides the pores on my nose well but slightly accentuates the ones around my nose by my cheeks. It covers my lid discoloration pretty well and that's always a plus for me. Yesterday I tried using a dab more on those red spots like I would a spot concealer but it looked too heavy that way. Today I used my usual concealer and it looked really good, smooth, lovely. When I check my face in the mirror in a little while i am not expecting a miracle with my makeup looking just like it did at 8 am this moring. But for me if I get home and look in the mirror aghast and see a cakey, streaky hot mess, that usually ends it for me with any makeup. That's said, I may try a more moisturizing sunscreen to see how that goes. What you wear under makeup can really effect how it looks and I will take that into account. I wish it were love at first application but again it might not be due to my choice of sunscreen. My other reason for wanting it is the crazy humidity in NYC in the summer. I'm hoping iit stays put for example on hot subway platforms. I do wish Revlon would add more yellow toned shades. I find these to be slightly darker than the foundations of the same shade name in the New Complexion and Original Color Stay line. So far so good, but not yet great, will update after trying this with different sunscreen/moisturizer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kelly32

I have tried the regular Colorstay in the past and found that I didn't love it, but it worked in a pinch if I ran out of something else. I thought I'd give this new formula a try since it is getting good reviews. I hate to buck the trend, but this did nothing for my skin. I chose the color Nude and though it was a tad light for me, it blended in just fine. I do like the idea of a creamy, gel-like consistency and the formula did not feel heavy on the skin. I would definitely say this is satin...not matte, not dewy. However, my 40-year old skin tends to be on the normal to dry side and within one hour, my skin was flaking and itching and felt overall tight. I moisturize well and usually don't have this problem with foundation, especially in the summer. This made my skin feel like dead of winter skin. I was surprised to see reviews saying this has great coverage because I found it to be rather sheer and needed layering for any discoloration. I would say if you do not have dry, sensitive skin and not a lot to cover up, this would be a great choice. Something in the ingredient list of this one does not like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by classynsassy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been on the hunt for a perfect foundation for years, and have tried just about everything under the sun. After reading the reviews I decided to give it a try.

I got the nude and got lucky with a perfect match, I used moisturizer, pore minimizer and primer and it glided on sooooooo smooth and blended so well!!! I have red hair, freckles, and really uneven skin tone and a very oily T-zone in the summer, and this made my skin look the best it has in years!!! I wear reading glasses and I have not had it rub off on that area at all,so no more marks on my nose when I take my glasses off, my new HG!!!

I will definitely be buying this again!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by jiji11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

MAC NC 25 – NC 30 / combination / Asian

No breaking out. Silicone-y feeling when applying but after it settles down, I get satin finish, which I love very much. I would not use silicone based primer for this foundation. It’d be too oily. Medium coverage with fingers but I think you can build it up to maximum coverage. It blends pretty well. My face does not itch like it did with regular ColorStay foundation.

Con: REVLON, LISTEN!

1. PACKGING - I am not a big fan of jar foundation for sanitary reason. I could use cotton swab but I feel like this is a waste sometimes. I could never get the right amount from the jar and often take out more. And I hate the fact the cotton absorbs the foundation and this is such a waste. I think with this kind of texture, REVLON could have used tube packaging instead of jar packaging.

2. NO SPF – Living in CA, SFP would be nice.

3. Do not last 24 hours – lasts about 6 hours on my combination skin with Chanel SPF 50 primer and EM Finishing Dust.

4. COLOR SELECTION – I am a warm-toned girl. NC 25 is light but NC 30 is dark. I usually go for NC 25 for winter and NC 30 for summer. And I am picky about foundation color. After I bought SAND BEIGE like I used to in regular ColorStay back then and found this to be ashy and light, I chatted with REVLON. They gave me some color choices with tones.

Buff-C
Sand Beige-W
Nude-C
Natural Beige-C
Medium Beige-C
Warm Golden-W

They said next warm-toned color is Warm Golden but it is 4 shades deeper. I am definitely not a cool-toned girl and bought Warm Golden. It was too golden for me. Now, I mix those two colors and get a good match (not perfect) for my skin tone. So, I’ve spent $28 for 2 x0.8 oz? Well, I could have gone down to Dept. and get a Dept. foundation. HAHA… I should have done BOGO deal at first place. I think NC 20 – NC 25 could use SAND BEIGE and NC 30 could use Warm Golden. For those who are NC 25- NC 30, call REVLON and let them know that there are people between NC25- NC 30 with warm-toned skin. I can’t believe there is no warm-tone color selection between Sand Beige and Warm Golden.

Would I buy it again? No, I have 2 jars. And I do have other foundations.

Would I recommend it to others? Yes, only if they could find a good match.

56 out of 70 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Sally3186

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

nc 25 - I use sand beige, and the color is pretty close to my skin tone. it would be perfect match if it has more yellow undertone. I also bought buff but is a bit too light on me. I didn't want to return it so I use it as an undereye concealer/brightener since my undereye dark circle is not that bad. It has medium coverage but definitely buildable. It feels really light, almost comparable to my mineral foundation. And the staying power is pretty good. I would say it lasted about 6 hrs on me before I have to blot on my T zone, and I have combo/oily skin. This foundation blend easily and gives me satin finish everytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by traxfever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. The regular colorstay was always one of the foundations I use on regular basis. It was fine but it did look cakey in my opinion and oxidized pretty badly on me. Whipped is so much better!! It has all the pros of the regular colorstay and then some. The coverage is buildable without looking cakey. It oxidizes less on me, and gives me a better finish. It's not completely matte. It looks natural to me. I initially did not want to buy it because I tried the sample packets on the display. With the amount given in the sample, it did absolutely nothing for me. But I decided to try it after great reviews. I definitely need to use quite a bit of product to reach the coverage that I need but this can be built up so easily. It's one of the best foundation I've tried recently. Don't like the packaging though. The enormous glass packaging and reflection make it look like there's a lot of product but not really. It's 0.8oz. My cvs had it for 15.99 which is a lot for ds foundation. I will surely get through this quickly. Maybe even within a month, but I will definitely repurchase. I am NC20-25, and I use sand beige. It's a good match as far as darkness goes but it leans pink imo. I would research or look mainly at shade on display. It's impossible to tell from the jars themselves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am loving this! I adore long lasting foundations, as I am busy with family and work and I hate having to constantly touch up my make up. I have tried the original Colorstay and honestly I didn't love it. I have normal to dry skin and it felt masky and dried my skin out. I liked the Colorstay Active Light but that has been discontinued a while now. So I bought this thinking if it was awful I could return it.

I got the color 250 Medium Beige which has been my typical color in the other CS foundations. I am NW30-35, leaning neutral and the color is good, a neutral coolish shade. Not orange or super pink. The texture is light and creamy and it blends well. I used my Sephora #55 brush. Looked pretty flawless on with a primer and a bit of powder (I always use setting powder). Not 100% matte but not flat either. I went and did some gardening and had a work out and some errands and it stayed put eleven hours later, only needing a blot here and there. It felt moisturizing too, unlike the original CS which dried me out and made me look older and just tired. I would say that it looks to be about medium coverage for me (for full coverage I love my Clarins Everlasting!).

I like the packaging. It's heavy and kind of elegant. I don't keep it in my purse so it is perfect for me. And jar packaging for a foundation is not a problem for me. I would buy this again - it stays on and looks like a HE foundation at a fraction of the price. I can be a make up snob sometimes but this is just a wonderful foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No