Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/25/2012 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this! Picked this up due to the glowing reviews on MUA. For reference, I am perhaps a smidgeon lighter than a NC20ish (NARS Ceylan, BB Sand, Bare Minerals Fairly Light, etc.), yellow-undered town fair asian with super sensitive, blotchy, acne-ridden/prone skin. I'm currently taking Accutane so my skin is SUPER dry and shows ever sign of flaking under.

That said, I need intense coverage - with every other foundation I've used, I've had to pile that crap on! And I end up with incredibly greasy/sticky skin which everything adheres to. It is a nightmare to even touch my face. Despite my skin not producing oil anymore, I seem to be heaping oil ON it. However, with this stuff - it's pretty decent. Seems a bit unhygenic to keep redipping my finger into the pot, but it comes out like a fine mousse and I sort of spread it across my cheeks/areas with my fingertips, and then use a brush to blend it into my skin. It seems to look like low coverage at first since I do a sheer layer, but I dab a bit more in spots where I need more and blend that to the other areas.

It drys to this lovely powder finish that I love! I hate that dewy-skin crap, I want to look freaking airbrushed man! (But can't use powders anymore due to mess/overly dry skin do to accutane...) Will keep repurcahsing :)

My only issue with this is the color seems to be a bit ashy/grey for my yellow/neutral undertones... problem seems fixable with a light bronzer all over my face and blusher though!

on 6/25/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well I found my new holy grail foundation!!! Absolutely flawless and long lasting. I have VERY oily skin, I use MOM for a primer which helps a lot...but my foundation normally breaks down after a few hours after application. I have used just about every "long-lasting" foundation out there and always unsatisfied...I go through clean and clear oil blotting sheets like a mad women...but I digress.
After the first application of this Revlon Whipped Cream Foundation, I began to worry a little...if felt very heavy at first...but after blending it out with my flat top Sigma foundation brush, set it with either my Rimmel Stay Matte powder or my MAC MSF...my skin looked absolutely flawless.
The best thing is that a few hours later it looked EXACTLY the same.
The only "Con" is I am not crazy about the packaging.

I hope this foundation stays around because I absolutely love it.

on 6/24/2012 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

I so wanted to like this but as hard as I tried it's not going to happen. First off, it is trial and error finding the right shade. I returned 2 before I settled on True Beige for my NC-30-35 skin tone. Even with that, it was not a good match.
The texture and feel is nice but on my face it looked very dry and mask-like. It does nothing for me which is the purpose of cosmetics. I have a very oily T-zone and wanted a foundation for the humid months that would down play the oil slick and it does do that but that is the most positive thing I can say about it. I wish it looked less mask-ish on my skin. Oh well.....the search goes on.
The jar is bulky although it looks nice. I will keep it but I will not re-purchase. Nice try, Revlon!

on 6/24/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wow, so far I'm really liking this product! I was a bit skeptical when I saw it in stores. "Whipped Creme" brought back memories of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation which I hated! However, my curiously got the best of me and I ended up purchasing this Revlon foundation anyway. I'm glad that I did! In my experience, the foundation looks best applied with either a flat top foundation brush (I used the ELF powder brush) or plain ol' fingers! I, myself, prefer the brush. I dip my brush directly into the foundation and apply it to my face. I only tap the tips of the brush into the foundation. You don't really need much to get a nice medium coverage. On my lazy days, I'll use this foundation. It takes only about a minute or two to apply with my brush and it covers fairly well. I like the fact that it is a semi-matte finish as well. I set mine with a light dusting of MAC Studio Fix powder foundation. I've worn this foundation for about 9 hours at the most. I could tell that I still had foundation on but it certainly didn't look as good as when I put it on in the morning. My skin was looking a little splotchy but it is a great foundation overall. I am not a big fan of the packaging. It does look cute but it's a bit clunky. Overall, I will repurchase this foundation! It's a great new product from the drug store. Better than some high end foundations that I've tried :)

on 6/23/2012 10:25:00 PM

I have found my HG Foundation. This stuff is awesome for me. It offers medium to full coverage for my acne scars, a satin finish, and it literally stays on all day! I was amazed. It doesn't emphasize dry patches or flakiness, and I feel like it could suit all skin types. I apply it with a buffer brush, which gives more of an even coverage and I feel like it dries a lot faster and doesn't feel as tacky like some other reviewers mentioned. I like the glass jar, although it is kind of bulky. And the price is a little much for a drugstore foundation, but Im willing to spend $13.00 for something I love! Try it! :)

on 6/23/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Loved the formula but hated the product. If your skin is sensitive to salysic acid...stay way. I do not ever use anything with salysic acid. Wasn't aware this foundation contained it until I read the ingredients. Sure enough it was labeled on there. Again...loved the formula of the foundation as a cream and knowing it would last "24 hours." Sadly I had to return it ASAP. Pretty much the next day after I tried the foundation, I broke out in the areas that I applied the foundation. Thank goodness I did not apply it all over or my face would have had ...mountains all over. For reference I am NC30 and I bought mine in True Beige (knowing I'd get more tan since its summer).

on 6/23/2012 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Ack. Breakouts. Very bad breakouts. If you're acne-prone, this is a no. I'm 42, and this made me break out everywhere--I'm wondering if it's actually hives and not acne?

Anyway, be aware that this can do very bad things to your skin. Back to my tried-and-true New York Color Smooth Skin. No breakouts, and I'd buy it even if it were much more expensive, although it's only $3.00

on 6/23/2012 1:59:00 PM

Just wanted to say thank you to vickibetty for her review! Had me giggling for ages. And ages :D

on 6/23/2012 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Spurred by glowing reviews I raced across the border to the US to buy this as it doesn't seem to available in Canada yet. 15 minutes and one confused American Border Guard later, I am perusing the Life changing possibilities that await me in the Target cosmetics dept. There it is, bathed in glowing light. An orchestra crescendoes in my ear as I reach in to pick up the shiny new glass jar. First off, it weighs a ton. One reviewer pointed out that it was not like it weighed two pounds or anything. Actually it might. I could put this in my purse if I wanted to defend myself from a mugger. Not swayed by the astonishing weight of the jar, I continue to the cash register and pay my $12 or so for sand beige. Excited with my much longed for purchase, I rip open the plastic and start smearing the smooth foundation on my face in the car.

Older ladies, if you want to have pores at least 50% bigger then this is for you. On my way home, I am surprised how sticky the product remains, and continually astonished at how huge my pores have become. Upon my return home, I check my face one more time. My lips are pale and make up smeared . I have also apparently managed to gather a swarm of small black flies, stuck to the foundation in the manner of insects on a windshield following a high speed highway adventure. Added to this is a large black smudge on my top lip. My grown up daughters gaze at me. Knowing I have done something different, my eldest remarks that she likes my hair today. I spend some time in the bathroom picking off flies. I couldn't brush them off as they are stuck, like to fly paper. I try to rub off the black smudge but the greasepaint holds it there. My daugher tells me I have something on my upper lip.

This is almost exactly like walking around with honey smeared on your face. Shiny, incredibly sticky and makes your pores shiny and MASSIVE. I might use it to catch ants.

on 6/23/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product feels so lovely going on, and I'm sure it would work well for lots of people but I ended up returning mine. I got it in Buff and it was an OK color match for me (I'm NC15) but it wasn't warm enough for my yellow undertones - seems pretty neutral. The finish is satin and looked great at first but wore off midday, as do most foundations on me. This really just did nothing for my skin - almost looked grey on me. The heavy glass jar feels high-end. A good product, just not for me - I'm sticking with my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which has a perfect color match for me and makes my skin glow.

Popular Crème Foundations