October 30, 2014 | 705 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2005 12:36:00 PM More reviews by msng

After reading so many great reviews, I purchased this (not the DE brand, but the 100% brand I could find at my health store - as I am in Canada) and I think it breaks me out into little whiteheads. I know some of the reviews said that that is the initial reaction and afterwards, the whiteheads will go away - but I really don't want to take the risk. Although, I do notice that the whiteheads do not eventually become pimples (as most of my whieheads usually do) but they just look like they are bumps under the skin. it has been almost two weeks since i first tried it and now all the bumps are almost gone and I would not like to have them come back again. i think maybe i will give this a try in the winter when my skin gets really dry - but until then, i don't think i will put it on my face unless i have one extremely dry patch or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2005 9:08:00 AM More reviews by AcidCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use the Desert Essence brand, I use another which is also 100% pure jojoba oil. I use jojoba to clean make up off at the end of the day, and this gets EVERYTHING off; the liquid foundation, powder, mascara, concealer and whatever else. When I finish off with toner, I'm used to seeing makeup on the cotton pad but not when I'm using jojoba oil. I've also just started to use it as a night-time moisturiser along with my BHA cream and I always wake up with really soft skin, there's no greasy residue at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2005 1:25:00 PM More reviews by scj01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great as body lotion. Long lasting hydration when apply with some water on skin, but too oily for face. Natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 7:38:00 AM More reviews by gschrom27

My review's pretty much just a reiteration of all the glowing reviews here. I don't use this as a moisturizer, I use this supplement my moisturizer, especially during the winter months. I was very hesitant to put any sort of oil on my face, but it has never caused me to break out in the least, and it really helps to clear up any sort of dryness etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by bebop442000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been wasting my money on moisturizers with chemicals and fillers. this 100% natural oil is all i need to keep my skin moisturized, supple, smooth and free from bad breakouts (i still get the occasional pimple but no more cysts!). its definitely HG material. and so multi-functional...add a drop to your cleanser for added moisture, rub a drop or two in your scalp for volume at your roots, rub into your cuticles and other dry areas on your body...the list goes on. its cheap considering how little you use and how many different things you can use it for. i've had a 2 oz bottle that i've had for about 4 months and its juuuust starting to hit the half used mark. thanks mua for an unexpected GREAT find!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 6:21:00 AM More reviews by evenstarangel

I love this stuff and so does my boyfriend. I put on a little before makeup if I just took a shower, or at night before going to bed. My boyfriend has been putting it on as an aftershave and he loves it. I haven't tried it as an aftershave, yet for my legs, but I'm sure it works wonderfully like he says.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2005 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanbl85

i bought this product with high hopes after reading the reviews about it. i read that initially it might make me break out, so when i did i thought if i kept using it, it would eventually stop. after maybe 2 weeks though when i continued to break out i gave up on it. maybe it just doesn't work well with my combination skin, i'm not sure. in the future i may try again, but in the meantime i have been putting a little in my hair and it does make it shiny so i guess it wasn't a complete waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 3:53:00 AM More reviews by pixiedust28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Although I have very dry skin, I was still very weary about putting pure oil on my face. Boy am I glad that I did! The texture is not at all greasy but hard to pinpoint. It is almost velvety. I've only been using it a couple of days but I haven't had any breakouts what so ever. I notice an almost immdediate smoothness in my overall complection. Every woman should have beauty lineup. It is so versitile that everyone can find something to use it for. Its wonderful as a hotoil treatment for the hair and flawless moisturizer for the face and body.

I wasn't sure how much of the product to use, so I figured that less is more with an oil like this. The only problem is that it a little difficult to get only a few drops at a time out of the bottle. The top is one of those that you push one side down and the other pops up. I might just transfer it to a bottle with an eyedropper top.

I did buy the DE brand, but I could only find it online. I'm going to keep an eye out for the oil in other places, but I would definately order it again from the internet if I had to. You can order it directly from the DE website, but I got it from mothernature.com where you can also find other natural beauty product lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by carol47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this on my dry cheeks under moisturizer or sunscreen in the morning and it has been a great addition to my skin care regime. Although my skin is dry/sensitive, I'm prone to breakouts and this seems to boost the moisture level in my skin without clogging my pores or causing breakouts. It also seems to give my skin a glow when I use it for several consecutive days. I started using it off and on about 6 mos. ago mostly on days/nights that I need more moisture or when my skin is just irritated from other treatment products. It seems to help balance my skin and reduce redness/irritation. I occasionally mix it with either camellia or olive oil and press over moisturizer at night and this works really well when I'm extra dry or flakey. I've recently started using it occasionally after showering instead of body lotion and it works well leaving my skin soft and moisturized all day. I also use it in my hair once/week as an overnight treatment---it washes out easily and really conditions my hair leaving it soft and shiny. I will definitely repurchase. I don't think I've ever purchased a product that has been this versatile and also worked this well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by luckigurl115

I AM IN LOVE WITH JOJOBA OIL! Ok, let me start out by saying that I Do NOT use the Desert Essence brand. I use the clear- colored brand, Heather Lorraine. I used this instead of DE simply because my health food store didnt carry DE in the clear colored oil, which is best for my light skin type.
First off, this stuff is AMAZING! I found out about jojoba oil from MA and saw all the raves that these women had about this product, so i just had to try it. It really did come through with everyting that people said it would.
jojoba oil moisturized my skin better than anything that I have ever used before. It keeps me so well hydrated that I even feel comfortable using scrubs and masks that were once too drying for my combination skin type. After using this for a few days, I DID develop the bumps that people warned about on MA, but I kept with the oil and within a few weeks, all the bumps cleared up and revealed shinning, healthy skin. My pores are one thousand times smaller. I use this on my body after I shower and put on my burts bees moisturizer. MY SKIN HAS NEVER BEEN SMOOTHER! It feels like amazing baby skin and my boyfriend has noticed too and that is always good.
Some people say that this is good as a before-shower hair moisturizer, but it just doesnt work for me, but this stuff is heaven on my nails. If you massage this into your cuticles, your nails grow out healthier, stronger and whiter. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
It really takes alot to impress me and I think that this stuff is amazing. This is a miracle oil. Jojoba oil is incredible stuff!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No