Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 10/27/2005 1:27:00 PM

Desert essence is not the only brand of jojoba oil that I use as I find that they are all pretty good. I use jojoba oil all over my body as it is similar in structure to the skins sebum so it absorbs well into the skin, hair and nails. It makes a great night treatment for eyelashes. Twice a day I apply to my nails and cuticles. I add a drop to my facial serum/moisturizer and blend in. Once or twice a week I warm 1 Tablespoon jojoba add some essential oils and massage into my hair for a deep conditioning hair and scalp treatment. Jojoba oil is great for balancing the sebum on the scalp. I have dry hair and an oily scalp and jojoba oil has really helped me out with this problem. I add a drop to 1/2T of shampoo to moisturize my hair and also if needed will rub a drop and a little water to use for flyaway and frizzy ends on my hair. Also will mix some into my body lotion in the winter when I need extra nourishing. In general, a little oil goes a long way.

on 10/22/2005 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Everything breaks me out these days but this doesn't. So I use it to remove my eye makeup, to moisturize my face AND body(amazing hand moisturizer, be sure to use on damp skin and then be prepared for super smooth and soft skin) and I use it to shave with(no irritation EVER). It's great for so much. It's also awesome on many people's hair. I wish it worked great on my hair but unfortunately my curls really don't do well with oil, but if they did you can sure as heck bet jojoba oil would be my first choice.

I love this product. I use 1-2 drops to massage my face, follow by Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash.
It is also good as a eye makeup remover.

on 10/14/2005 9:55:00 PM

I tried this as a moisturizer for my face and hair and didn't like it that much. It wasn't bad, but i'd rather just stick with my regular creams and moisturizers. I started using this as an eye makeup remover and it's great... really gentle and moisturizing for use around my eye area.. and it gets my eyeliner off easily with not too much rubbing. I will repurchase for this purpose.

on 10/13/2005 9:29:00 AM

I use this on days/nights or spots where my face feels very dry in combination with my moisturizer. It is natural, organic, cruelty free and cheap. HG ladies, except for the packaging. The packaging SUCKS and you definately need to transfer this into a dropper bottle, or something with a pump on it for more control. Will definately repurchase if I ever run out!!

on 10/7/2005 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My HG facial moisturizer. I use it morning and night. I have acne-prone, sensitive and dry skin and nothing has helped more, and I've tried a LOT. I even ditched my prescription acne treatment (Differin) for this, with better results. It makes a great base for foundation. I've been using it for almost 2 years now, and for the price and quality, I don't think I'll ever stop. I think everyone should try it.

on 10/3/2005 4:42:00 PM

I'm on Accutane & my skin has gotten very dry. I couldn't find a moisturizer that would do enough for me & I was afraid of using something that would make me break out. I've been using this for a week now & everything looks great! My skin isn't dry anymore but it isn't oily either! And so far, no breakouts! This might be good only for someone with somewhat dry skin, I'm not sure I'll keep using it after I'm off the Accutane, but I might. I'm seeing my derm tomorrow for the Accutane Monthly Check-In & I'm going to ask her what she thinks of using this. It comes in a kind-of squeezy flip-top bottle which is no good for just getting a little to use on your face (fine if you were putting it on your body which I haven't tried yet...) so I bought a cool-looking eyedropper bottle & that works well. If anything changes, I'll update, but so far this is great! UPDATE: Saw my derm, she said this was fine to use, & isn't this oil in a lot of moisturizers anyhow? So, yay, yay, yay! A cheap, easy, natural moisturizer! UPDATE 11/29/05 Still using this, still with no troubles! 12/29/05 My dosage got upped & my skin got even drier than this could handle, so I've switched to Alba Sea Plus Renewal cream, which is fantastic. I still highly recommend this for people with more normal dry skin issues. It worked really well for me for several months.

on 9/25/2005 9:35:00 AM

I bought some pure jojoba oil, not the Desert Essence one. I was sceptical at first, because my skin breaks out easily and is dry and oily at the same time.
After using this for the first time, I broke out pretty bad, but I persisted because it was that time of the month and I clearly suffered from hormonal spots.

It's been about 5 days since, and my skin looks great. The breakouts are clearing up and my skintone is nearly perfect. I never had such an even skintone in my entire life! I also noticed that my pores are getting smaller and less clogged up. I can't believe my eyes. I honestly thought nothing would work for that problem!

I use jojoba oil to moisturise with, just a couple of drops mixed with water. Sometimes I use it to take off makeup, but most days I use Ahava Mud Soap. It's a winning combination.

on 9/25/2005 9:00:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Also wrote a review some time ago, but now I don't use it so often on it's own. I add JUST 1 drop to my moisturizer (for now it's Avene's Hydrance optimale) a.m. and p.m. It boosts it's moisturizing properties, reduces flakes, and it isn't greasy. Skin gets softer and it's quite velvety. As so many repeated before me : LESS IS MORE. Anyway, you should experiment and find out how this great product works best for you!

on 9/24/2005 6:41:00 AM

I bought this product eventually, after finding at my local Holland and Barratt for 6.95, I put 1 or 2 drops of it on my hands, then smear it onto my face after cleansing, it's wonderful for me. It might feel a bit greasy and oily, but after about 3-5 minutes, depending on how much you put on, it absorbs right in and leaves my face feeling lovely and smooth. I wish though, that they sold this product in a spray bottle instead of this one, but we'll see, will buy again :D

Popular Moisturizers