July 28, 2014 | 1591 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I have oily skin it also gets a little bit flaky, especially in winter. My dermatologist recommended to try it at night (at day it would be way too thick and heavy). This was just no good for my oily skin. I didn't break out but I did feel as though extra oil was seeping through my pores each day after I'd worn it the night before. I felt my forehead and chin were oil slicks! It also felt too heavy and greasy on my skin. I always do keep a pot handy at home, though, as it's great for dry elbows, hands and feet before bed during winter. The pot lasts for ages and its' very reasonably priced. For those with extremely dry skin it might be something to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2004 11:24:00 AM More reviews by katieblue

I was really afraid of this product as my skin is sensitive and prone to monthly breakouts; I thought the heavy texture would be too much for my skin.
I bought it based on MUA reviews and I LOVE this stuff! A little goes a long way and it immediately gets rid of the flakies I get from BP and BHA use. Does not break me out at all. I've started using it on my body too; helps with my dry, itchy body skin. This is awesome stuff-I've found my HG skin cream. Thank you MUA!
*note* I usually prefer to use this cream at night, and I use something lighter in the day when I want a more matte look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 5:00:00 AM More reviews by PradaPrincess

I use this as a body cream and it is absolutely fantastic! I have very dry skin and the majority of the products don't work for me but this does! Plus it's fragrance free (I generally hate generic fragranced body lotions, they totally stink IMO). I'm not so sure I would use this on my face though, but it's terrific for my body!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 1:21:00 AM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

Huge rave from me!!! I only need a dab of this for the right moisture. I make sure to dilute this a bit with a DROP of water other wise I don't like the consistency of this thicker cream. I like it because it has not made me breakout one bit and the plus, leaves my skin dewy looking - not greasy! No fragrance. I bought the small green tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by thehotlibrarian

I can't use this all over my face (ok, I'm scared to) but I don't really need moisture all over my face. I use this if I get dry skin and I just use it in the areas where it's really dry. The thing I like about this is it hasn't made me break out, it really does moisturize, and it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 4:16:00 AM More reviews by princess4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Please see my review on Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

My skin hasn't been this clear and bright for a long time. I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

I absolutely adore this cream. The consistency is perfect - not runny and not too thick or hard to spread, but a perfect middle ground. It glides on the skin. Plus, to me, there's something nifty about whipping out the plain green tube that cost $6 and beautifully moisturizes skin to a healthy glow, instead of a tiny tube of algae or cavier that costs $180. I like to use this as a night cream and eye cream, too. It cured three very, very dry patches I had on my face (due to BP) overnight. I have combo skin, so this might be a wee bit too heavy for the day (specifically, in my t-zone), but it's great as a night cream. Thanks MUA, for recommending this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When traveling, I always bring a tube of this...it's a great all-over moisturizer for face & body. I have breakout-prone skin, and this is the only product w/petroleum in it that doesn't clog my pores. (It's strange how this is thicker than Cetaphil lotion, yet it doesn't break me out like the lotion does.) It's a nice, non-medicated cream - very handy to use together w/AHA or BHA products...helps to alleviate any dryness or flaking caused by strong treatment skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sara13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil cream works great for my very sensitive, dry skin. And you can't beat the price, since it's available at Costco for around $8 dollars for a giant tub. Leaves skin soft and unirritated.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2004 9:53:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past couple of years I used this on occasion on my face at night, but never on consecutive nights. I tried it all over my face 3 nights in a row and I kept waking up to slightly dull skin with a bit of a waxey residue. My skin just felt clogged, and sure enough, I broke out in many zits around my face. I stopped use of it, and my skin cleared up. So now I'm just using it as my nightly hand cream. Since this review is in the "face" section, I have to give it 1 "lippie". As a hand cream, though, I give it 5!!!!!  For a nightime face moisturizer I prefer Sage's Old Lady Cream (ultra soothing & awesome under bp/bha & after waxing upper lip).