July 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Excellent foundation. The coverage is buildable and it covers everything! I thought it would be too transparent but it's perfect. The finish is luminous even if you powder and skin doesn't look cakey at all even if all blemishes are covered.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to get the color right. Initially I was matched up to Sante Fe and it was not only to dark, but off in a way only I could see in the mirror; a little too peach. I exchanged it for Punjab the color was better, but still not a perfect match. For reference I'm NC30. The coverage is very natural, but it is still able to to hide imperfections. This is meant to be applied with your fingers - the heat from your skin helps this to blend like a dream. You will not get the same beautiful results from using a brush, no matter how good the brush is, IMO. Wears well throught the day when I set with a tiny bit of LM translucent.

UPDATE: 8/16/10. I fear this caused me to break out. Also, whereas it was good in the cooler weather, it slid right off my face once the weather warmed up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Annex

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's what this excellent product is NOT:
- Smelly spackle-like goop (Estee Lauder, Clarins)
- Thick yellowish glop (Bobbi Brown)
- Silicone-y mess (Armani, Chantecaille)
- Thin and dry (Sisley Oil-Free)
- OK but no color match (Chanel)

The NARS Sheer Glow is sheer and light, easy to blend, looks just like my skin but more even-toned. No wierd sparkles or greasy silicone look. Punjab is my perfect shade. The coverage is surprising considering how weighless it feels. No irritation, no makeup transferring onto clothes. Had not used foundation consistently in decades, because the above spendy list were so disappointing. Try a sample, or several shade samples, of this before you buy. I'm pretty exigent and find it remarkably good.
N.B. Am just editing this review to note that, having tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin, I find that it is a very good budget alternative to Nars SG. While the shade selection in the Nars is more extensive, the texture and finish of the Neutrogena is very similar.

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Stacks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! it is so smooth and is the perfect coverage, its definitely buildable and gives a nice glow. Im definitely going to purchase again, but in the right shade this time (sometimes there shades are too yellowish, but i do have a yellow undertone.) blends in well but is expensive. but its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG foundation alert fellow makeup lovers! I am officially in love with this foundation. Nars sheer glow feels absolutely weightless on my skin, throughout the day I don't even realize I have foundation on! The coverage is medium to full and definitely buildable. I have a lot of acne scars and hyperpigmentation. I was worried this foundie wouldn't cover enough for me, but it does. On a few other areas afterwards I apply some MAC studio finish.

I have been told by friends that my face looks more even and that it's a great color match. Couldn't ask for more.

No breakouts from this foundation. I find the best application with my fingers, starting from the nose and blending outwards.

The most difficult part is finding a match as many of the shades have pink undertones (need more yellow).

Only 4 stars because it needs a pump. This is the most expensive foundation I've ever purchased. At $42, it is a pricey product and I feel like everyday I am wasting so much product without having a pump as I pour it out on the back of my hand. I heard Nars will be selling a pump in a few months, once they have a pump it will be a 5 star rating from me.

Nars products continually amaze me and this is no different.

p.s. I have also heard Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer is a drugstore dupe for this but haven't tried it myself. I am so happy to have found something that works I don't want to change up my routine just yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Crivera313

i do like this product a lot. I do not like to wear a mask on my face so to me this is very light. If you like medium-heavy you most likely wont like this. The only problem is the color selection is way too yellow. It's very expensive too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ladeedatiffany

I had really high hopes for this foundation. I really wanted to love it, but sadly I don't. I'm an NC25 from MAC and the color Deauxville matches me pretty nicely. The foundation blends nice but thats about it. My skin is not that bad.. i have a few blemishes and some acne scarring and this foundation doesn't cover enough for me. I knows its a medium cover foundation but for me.. its a little bit more like a light-medium coverage. I have oily skin but with a few dry patches around my nose and this foundation clings to the dry areas and makes my face look freally gross. After a few hours I feel like the foundation wears off and my face looks.. patchy? Sigh.. I will be returning this. I wore it 3 times and all 3 times this foundation failed to impress me. This isn't the worst foundation I've ever tried.. but for the price that I paid I was hoping for something more. If you have normal skin and its pretty smooth and blemish free then this foundation might work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so sad because I wanted to love this but it made my skin really oily and broke me out :( I found that by the end of the day alot of the imperfections on my face were peaking through the foundation and I looked pretty oily. The colour was nice on me but sadly I won't be purchasing again.
April 26th: This just keeps getting worse! I've been trying to use this with Smashbox primer underneath but ZERO LUCK! It sits on my face like a mask! Also it sits in all the fine lines in my skin (I'm only 25 and I didn't think I was very wrinkley but this just makes my skin look old!) and looks like a mask. By the end of the day if I rest my hand on my cheek the foundation is ALL over my hand! I don't understand why this is isn't working for me!?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

Despite the lack of pump and price tag of this foundation, it is still the best foundation I've ever tried and my HG (and I've tried plenty). I like that it has a satin-y finish and is long lasting. I wear NW25 in sff and shed Fiji (light 5) was my match. I've gotten tones of compliment on how great my skin looks since switching to this. Will def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by serenabena1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a HELL YES option for "would you buy this product again". I am so in love with this. I have tried MANY foundations that give a full coverage, but dont look cakey and this works like a charm! I apply it with my 130 brush and it is AMAZINGGGG!!!!! I am NC 30 with pink undertones so i got Sante Fe. LOVE IT