December 22, 2014 | 1771 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when I was color matched perfectly to MUFE HD foundation. I, too, and a cultural mutt and the shop assistants can never correctly match me. In the store, it was great. Perfect, lightweight, and not matte or dewy. It was something in-between.

Then, reality set in. I had a terrible allergic reaction to this! I've never had a problem with other foundations. My face started to peel and it became red and splotchy. It isn't worth the price ($40 [USD]). I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by liyaht

I absolutely love this foundation. I was able to try a friend's two days in a row before going out to buy it. I have normal to combination skin and this applies beautifully and stays on throughout the day. I just use the FITme powder in 230 to set it so I have yet to try the MUFE HD powder. It shows up flawlessly in photos as well, by that I mean, it looks like you're not wearing lots of make-up and definitely does not cake. If you're anything like me, you like to see some proof, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to show a picture...non-edited OF COURSE.

Here's another one.

The girl next to me is not wearing any foundation whatsoever...I am wearing MUFE HD foundation in 123. Can you tell the difference?

Overall, one and a half pump usually goes a long way, I sometimes even have some foundation left on my forearm after applying it all over my face with a stippling brush. I recommend this product 100 percent if you have normal to combination skin. If your skin is a little more sensitive or oily, I would sample it first. You don't know until you try :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to make this work, but just couldn't with my oily skin. It looked so beautiful when it went on, I couldn't believe my eyes it looked that perfect. It covered my dark acne scars without looking like I was wearing a ton of makeup, I just looked flawless.

Unfortunately I only looked like this for an hour, max. And I tried all sorts of mattifying bases underneath, including MUFE's all mat base. After an hour I was oily and this had settled into lines I didn't even know I had. By lunchtime this was a patchy gloopy mess, it was embarassing.

This would be perfect on those with normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by oinkitsthao

I love this foundation!! Its one of the best one I've tried to date. It applies flawlessly and last all day. I usually set the foundation with the MUFE HD powder and it makes my skin look flawless. I love this stuff. And the best part of all is it comes with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by iplaybingo73

SOOOOO GOOD. my favourite foundation by far. i've used it non stop for about a year and i can't say enough good things about it. it feels silky and flawless and never looks cakey. i don't ever feel like i'm wearing makeup! the only downside to this product is the price, it's quite expensive but i'd buy it over and over again no matter the price!
GREAT PRODUCT! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MizzLadyRob

I have tried all the MAC foundations and some from Lancome, Revlon and Neutrogena before I came across this one. My issue with foundations is having combination skin and an oily t-zone, is after powdering throughout the day my makeup looks pretty cakey. I also don't like the "made-up" look. I like to go for that "i think she is naturally hot" look. This foundation looks and feels like skin. I wore it around my husband a few times just to see if he noticed, Usually with my MSF it's pretty obvious I'm wearing makeup. And I feel like I have to throw on the eyeshadow and blush to finish my look. But this really feels like a second skin for me. It has buildible coverage so the more you want to cover the more you want to put on. I personally like to use a 187 for a more natural finish. A setting powder is imparative if you have oily skin, the HD powder is really good. I prefer it over MAC powders at the moment. Because its translucent it just takes care of the oils without getting to cakey. For me and my skin I like this alot vs what other foundations I have tried. This one will be in my daily rotation. O forgot to talk about the HD Stuff...It photographs like your skin!!! With my MAC foundations there is always this white cast over my face and its like "She is wearing makeup" but this photographs beautifully. My picture just look like I have perfect skin. I like this foundation a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a generous sample for this from Sephora, and I was matched to 150 (pink beige). I'm not 100% sold that this is the best color match for me. I don't have dark beige undertones, which is what 150 is described as. I think I'd be better off with the 128 for medium skin with beige undertones. This is darker than all of my other foundations and on the pink side. Overall, I like the formula. This photographs amazingly, and it covers so well without caking up. It doesn't look or feel heavy. (I had problems with the Nars Sheer Glow caking.) I am definitely considering purchasing the full bottle of this once I'm matched with the correct color. This stuff really looks natural in photographs too, like you have nothing on your face. LOVE I really like MUFE products

Edit 5/25- I had to take a lippie off because I don't like how heavy this feels on the skin. It covers very well though. I wore this the other day, when it was hot out, because I wanted that extra coverage. My face felt miserable by the end of the day.

Edit: 6/27- I ended up exchanged this for the NARS Sheer Glow (which I've used before & really like). This just felt way too heavy on the skin and was an absolute no go in the heat. Beautiful color though *153*, just don't like how this feels. This is good for someone who wants full coverage. It feels too heavy and uncomfortable on the skin for my liking, atleast in the summertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by nettiepoo

I have been a MAC studio fix fluid wearer for a year or so and yes battleing the breakouts it gave me was a bummer. I've been wanting to try this foundation for a while but there was no Sephora store near by until recently. So, I was matched to 127 which I was afraid was gonna be a bit too dark for me (according to Sephora lighting) but, I checked it under outside lighting and lighting at my home and it matched perfectly. It blends out very smooth and I set it with MAC MSF. I have tried it with Smasbox primer and without and can' tell a little difference. I think it wears much better than SFF for me other than a little "oilies" after abt 6 hrs. which is no biggy for me. I just apply MSF in places and it does not look cakey or mask like on me. The only thing I can say negative atm about this stuff is it dose'nt seem to have the same coverage as SFF, and I have to use concealer under my eyes. I can see this foundation not working well with the flakey skin areas. I exfoliate and moisturize well. All in all I'm happy with it with spring and summer right around the corner, as this dose'nt feel as heavy as the SFF. Would consider buying again if I can't find anything better. And, I like the packaging and that it comes with a pump.

*EDIT*
I recently changed powders due to the oilies. And using the Cover Fx in E50 mineral powder after I appy the liquid foundation, then the MUFE hd powder. It does fabulous now! This is the first time that I've been truely happy with my foundation. It's summer time and I'm more oily now THIS COMBination helps me tremendously! I may however revisit the powders situation when the weather changes back to cold and harsh. For now I consider this my HG foundation. I am changing my overall rating to 5 stars...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by maddi3boo7

ok sooo i heard soo many good thingz about this foundation...my skin is combo to normal im just a little oily in my forehead...i get occasional break outz during dat "time"....this hd mufe has a nice finish but it didnt look natural at all and im a makeup artist so i applied this to my abilities...by the time i did my eyes my forehead was already shiny even after setting it.....im disappointed im not saying its bad becuz i kno ppl who wear this and it works for them but it was deff not for me but remember what works for one person may not work for another so i gave this a 3 because i can see how this may be a good choice for some but it just felt greasy on my skin...i couldnt wait to wash my face...and i cant even imagine the summer time....ladies hope this helped but it still doesnt hurt to sample this...it may work for u.....:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by quiet1

Amazingly, they have a color pale enough for me. (Though definitely don't go by Sephora lighting, check it outside.) It also doesn't seem to upset my skin at all, which is impressive since EVERYTHING does. I usually use mineral foundation but switched to this due to an event with photos, and I think I might stick with it because my skin seems happier.