Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/15/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is an amazing foundation!! I used to use bare minerals matte to help with oil control until i realized it would oxidize HORRIBLY and id orange by the end of the day, (orange on brown skin, barf). This foundation however looks so amazing and lasts a really long time. I use with a primer and this helps with the staying power and oil control. I also love the color match, perfect my Indian yellow-goldish brown skin. It also looks amazing in pictures! I didn't even need to use my concealer, one coat of this foundation with fingers did the trick. If you want more coverage, buffing it in a little with a brush does the trick. I took out one lippie cuz it is expensive, but it is a pretty big bottle so if it lasts at least a year (which it prob will cuz you only need a little) then it is def worth it!

on 7/14/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love love love this foundation!! I use this whenever I have a photo shoot and it makes my skin look great!! Gives awesome coverage and doesn't feel thick at all!

on 7/14/2011 1:23:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. It is better than a lot of foundations that i have tried in the past, but for this price i was expecting a little bit more ..
Lets start with positive sides: the color range is amazing,looks natural on pictures and you will not feel like you are having a mask on your face, love the pump and easiness of applying it on my face..It is an excellent foundation for warm spring/summer months
Negative sides: the price!! Way too much money and too little effect, no SPF so additional application required, plastic container instead of glass..

Like you see, I am on the fence with this one and my search for HG foundation is still on :)

on 7/13/2011 8:03:00 AM

So far my fave! I already purchased my second one and love the coverage. They last pretty well throughout the day, even with the crazy humidity I'm experiencing here in korea.

on 7/11/2011 8:21:00 PM

DEFINITELYYYY not worth the hype..... This foundation cost me around $50 CDN and I think it's perfectly reasonable to have high expectations. My issues with this product:

1) For a product that claims to be "HD", it does not look any better in photos than my drugstore Maybelline foundation.

2) Coverage is sort of sheer; I need to use twice the amount of product in order to get medium coverage as opposed to my Maybelline foundation.

3) I'm not trying to be nit-picky but the packaging is cheapy for something that's $50.... it's just a plastic container instead of a glass bottle like I expected it would be.

on 7/11/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Excellent!!! it really work on me. its success to hide any break outs that exist in my face. And this is good for photoshoot. it can make your face looks flawless... Never goes wrong with this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really, really like this foundation. In fact, until I tried MUFE Face & Body Foundation and Kett, I was ready to declare this HG. It's still right up there, as the color match is great for my yellow/golden-toned skin and the coverage is very good. Something about the sheen/finish isn't quite as good for me as others like Face & Body, though I certainly would purchase again. Great stuff.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have mixed feelings about MUFE HD. It does look nice on me, but it takes so much prep work! I have dry skin, and if I don't exfoliate directly before applying this, I end up looking like my skin's peeling off. Exfoliate, heavy moisturizer, a hydrating primer, and THEN it looks okay. I only use it for really special occasions, when I know I'm getting photos taken and I have to look flawless. Otherwise, the prep time isn't worth it. I don't think I'd buy it again. When it runs out (or goes bad, considering how often I use it), I think I'll look elsewhere.

on 7/9/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Looks great at first, but then slide off my face within an hour or 2. Not good for oily skin. It did look better than other foundations when paired with the HD powder

on 7/9/2011 12:56:00 PM

This is my HG foundation! I am so happy that I came across this foundation, it makes my skin look amazing! I used to wear Mac Studio Fix Foundation and I felt like I needed something that wasn't heavy. I loved the coverage but didn't like how my skin felt with it on. So I was in search of a foundation that was felt light on my skin but had great coverage and this foundation does exactly that. I only use one pump and it covers my whole face flawlessly, its great! I wore this all last weekend and it stayed put, both times I was outside in very hot weather and it still looked great in pictures! My favorite thing about this foundation is that it doesn't look like you have tons of makeup on but it still covers everything.
The brush I use with this is the e.l.f. flat powder brush, I love this brush for applying this foundation!
For reference, I am an NC40/42 in Mac and I purchased the shade