Avon SuperShock Mascara

3.7

on 7/18/2010 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara made my lashes HUGE and the color was INTENSE. Its really shocking how this mascara makes your lashes look but anymore than 2 coats will make your lashes kinda gooey but 2 coats is all you need to make your lashes look AMAZING. (Not me in pic)

on 7/10/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is AMAZING the big wand helps you get the corner lashes and it never gives me panda eyes or anything ! it dosent even flake when i cry ! its really really good !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this product as a gift on my birthday. I'm not overly fussy about what mascara I use, as they all seem to give pretty much the same effect on my eyelashes. But I don't like this one. The brush is way too big for me not to poke my eye out trying to get my little inner corner lashes, but the main reason I don't like it is.. the smell! I've never noticed other mascaras I've used having a smell (except YSL's which I quite liked the scent of), but this one is just plain nasty. It hits you as soon as you open it. It's like paint stripper or something.

on 6/28/2010 10:35:00 PM

I got this mascara last week as my old Clinique one had run out and it came with a bonus brow kit in the Avon mag.
I'm not a fan of the huge wand, it's far too big to get into the corners of my eyes and I poked myself in the eye the first few times.
Other than the wand, the actual mascara is quite good. It has an odd scent I'm not sure if I like or not yet but it doesn't flake off and when I wash it off in the shower I don't end up with black panda eyes. It makes my lashes really long and black though which is the whole point of mascara.

on 5/31/2010 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this is the first product I've ever purchased from Avon. (And my first review!! ) The reviews were pretty good for the product and a price of 4.99 didn't sound too bad to try it out.

Pros:
-It works great for length. It might just be the best mascara I've used for length.
-The applicatior tip applies the mascara on perfectly even and the right amount.
-Does not flake at all or clump up. Even if applying several coats.

Cons:
-The tube is huge. 5 inches long and width the size of a penny.
-Although it works for length, it did NOT work for thickening and volumizing like advertized. My eyelashes still appear very thin.

Result:
-Overall this mascara would still fall in my top 3 so far, however I prefer DiorShow mascara. It works wonders but much more expensive. I will probably not buy this mascara again though because my eyelashes are really thin and light and prefer thickening over length. I give it a 3 strictly due to the fact that it didn't do what it advertized.

on 5/23/2010 6:01:00 PM

I love this mascara! I got it in the Intense Violet and Intense Emerald and it really volumizes and lengthens my lashes. There is a bit of clumping, but it's forgivable. The color is only noticeable in certain lights, otherwise it just looks black. That's fine by me though. Once again, I got this on sale for $4.99 which is awesome. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/15/2010 8:48:00 PM

I don't like the colour of the one I bought at all. I think it was supposed to be burgundy, but it looks like warm gray.
The brush is interesting, but kind of huge for me, and hard to use properly to get all lashes.
The application isn't bad, but I find it does clump some and needs to be brushed out to look any good. It doesn't smudge for me, even when worn all day, and washes off easy.
I think this gives quite a bit of volume and not much for length, but I still like it, it was just not what I was expecting.
This mascara was very cheap (like $4.75) and you get a good deal for the price I suppose.

on 5/9/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Compared to some of the other Avon mascaras, this one is the best. My lashes were volumised and lenghtened to some degree but max factor, lancome, l'oreal and bourjois have much better mascaras. Also the brush was quite large so it was hard to coat the smaller lashes without poking your eye out!! Average mascara for an average price.

on 5/9/2010 1:58:00 AM

i love this mascara! it does not clump.. separates my lashes.. and holds my curl for a decent time! may i add my lashes are very hard to curl so they're stick straight if they want to be. would definately repurchase.

My first Avon mascara and it did nothing for my lashes. Although the formula was easy to apply evenly, the look was too light and natural for me - I love a striking, spiky dramatic lash. I tried to layer it on, but I couldn't get volume or length, just my own lashes but darker. And quite a matte look (which I think looks more natural anyway.) I'd have preferred a slimmer/tapered brush, too - this one was a bit clunky and awkward.

Popular Mascaras