April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by elleLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like the colour of the one I bought at all. I think it was supposed to be burgundy, but it looks like warm gray.
The brush is interesting, but kind of huge for me, and hard to use properly to get all lashes.
The application isn't bad, but I find it does clump some and needs to be brushed out to look any good. It doesn't smudge for me, even when worn all day, and washes off easy.
I think this gives quite a bit of volume and not much for length, but I still like it, it was just not what I was expecting.
This mascara was very cheap (like $4.75) and you get a good deal for the price I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by people52005

Compared to some of the other Avon mascaras, this one is the best. My lashes were volumised and lenghtened to some degree but max factor, lancome, l'oreal and bourjois have much better mascaras. Also the brush was quite large so it was hard to coat the smaller lashes without poking your eye out!! Average mascara for an average price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by buenobar

i love this mascara! it does not clump.. separates my lashes.. and holds my curl for a decent time! may i add my lashes are very hard to curl so they're stick straight if they want to be. would definately repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

My first Avon mascara and it did nothing for my lashes. Although the formula was easy to apply evenly, the look was too light and natural for me - I love a striking, spiky dramatic lash. I tried to layer it on, but I couldn't get volume or length, just my own lashes but darker. And quite a matte look (which I think looks more natural anyway.) I'd have preferred a slimmer/tapered brush, too - this one was a bit clunky and awkward.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the first Avon mascara I have bought in years. I was never very impressed with any that I tried. This one is very different. I love it!

The brush does an amazing job of separating my lashes. There is not a clump in sight when I am done. I tried Lash Blast and didn't like the big brush, but this one is fine for me. I had no problem with it.

But the thing that has me sold is that it doesn't smudge. Mascara is my most difficult beauty product. For some reason, almost all mascaras smudge on me and leave me looking like a raccoon, even when I don't put any on my bottom lashes. This one doesn't budge at all. Also, no flaking. Comes off easily, too.

As far as volumizing, it does a good job. Maybe not as dramatic as I had hoped, but I can build it up to make my lashes look pretty thick.

I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by SiennaX

I was so excited about Avon making colored mascara. And with a name like "Supershock Intense Mascara", I was expecting something saturated with pigment. Sadly, the Burgundy looks like metallic grayish-burgundy and the Violet is almost black. I would refer to neither as INTENSE. I found the formula a tad flaky as well. These are disappointing, but I did like the brush and it honestly was not clumpy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by esching

Wow! This mascara is awesome! I really doubted how good this can be because there was a lot of mixed reviews for the Supershock. My eyelashes are really long and thick but not overly fake looking at all. It's just what my tiny thin lashes needed. Will def. buy again because it's very decently priced when its on an Avon catalog special (sometimes as cheap as $3.99). Only thing I don't like about it is the tube is pretty big and I hate wasting product especially if mascara should be thrown away every few months.

*edit ( about 2 weeks after). Gotta dock some points off after a little bit of time using this product. For some reason this mascara is really runny and leaves a smudge like mess under my eyes after a short period of time. I found myself having to check myself in the mirror every hour or so to wipe off the excess mascara. Not good for me. Looks really good once you put it on just not good later in the day. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite mascara by far! I have CG Lashblast, Dior Diorshow Blackout, Maybelline Colossal Volum, and Supershock and have tried several others. The Supershock brush is one of the best I've ever used. It's designed to almost eliminate clumping. I hate mascara that clumps even a little bit and this does not. The black color is really rich and the formula is great. It doesn't make my eyelashes look overly done or obviously coated in mascara. My lashes look awesome when I have this on. And you can't beat that price!

p.s. This is the only mascara I've used that makes my friends ask me what I'm wearing b/c it looks so good.
EDIT: I took off one point b/c of how fast this stuff gets dry! I know you're supposed to throw out your mascara every 3 months but pshhh I don't do that and this formula just dries out too fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pinkpixy2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

extremely black, big thick wand, lengthens and curls better than mac mascaras and always on offer. gets very dried out after week and half. maybe its jus me but I expect my mascaras to last at least 3 weeks with daily use, fantastic product wud defo reccomend. X

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This mascara is amazing. It does not flake or smudge at all. I use it every single day and I alternate between this and rimmel glam eyes. I actually use 2 mascara's together....one from mary kay then follow with this or the rimmel one. The brush is a little too big for my liking but it makes my lashes look awesome. It leaves them looking full and long and somewhat clumpy, which I love! This mascara comes off very easily as well. I will continue to buy this.