L'Oreal Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

2.4

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

This product it is so bad....i can't even believe they put this on the market. My eyes stung after i use it...so bad...i have to wash my face in the next second i am done with it. It cleans pretty well tho...i just can't get over the stinginess. It was a mistake, i went out to buy Neutrogena eye makeup remover, but i wanted to try something new, big mistake.Won't repeat it !

on 3/16/2008 12:46:00 AM

For daily use, this e/m remover works well. It is not the best for heavy duty lifting of waterproof eye liner and mascara. But I like that it leaves no residue, does not cloud my eyes, does not irritate, is easy to find and is inexpensive. Unlike some reviewers, I've never had a problem with this product in several years. In fact, I was very surprised to see such low scores! I guess it goes to show that YMMV. What works best for me is to use a cotton pad (not a ball), moisten with product, hold to my lash line for 8-10 seconds and then swipe. This method clears away 99% of makeup for me. Will continue to repurchase.

on 2/11/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I didn't think I was expecting too much from this product, all I expected it to do was remove my eye makeup, but apparently, that was too much to ask of it! My eye shadow wasn't even completely removed, let alone my mascara! Even using more force than I'd like to in the eye area wouldn't make this product work.

Also, the worst part of it was that it really stung my eyes! The first time I tried it I thought maybe I just wasn't careful enough with it or something, but the same thing happened each time I tried it.

I took this back to Walgreens to get my $7 back. The salesclerk said I wasn't the first to return a bottle of it, and all had the same complaints I did.

on 2/6/2008 3:41:00 AM

I'm sure there is a better eye makeup remover out there, but i've been using this one for ~10 years and it works good enough for me. I like that its cheap, easy to buy and feels good. its an oil free remover, so you just put some on a cotton pad or qtip and clean away. for heavier eye makeup or sparkly eye shadow it make take a few swipes before it comes off though -- even after using a face wash.

OUCH! Stings the skin around my eyes SO BADLY. And it takes nothing off. I have to scrub and scrub and scrub, which hurts even worse, to get most of my makeup off - even then, there is still residue on my eyelashes and underneath my eyes that I can't get off with this. I have to resort to a Q-tip and water. This is terrible.

on 1/30/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Somewhat decent remover. Not good at all for removing waterproof mascara - or even mascara in general. Not good enough for me anyway. It works well on shadow. I will say that it was pleasant to put on and didn't irritate my skin or eyes. If it had worked better on mascara I would repurchase. As it stands, I LOVE my BE Bare Eyes Makeup Remover which has never let me down.

on 1/29/2008 1:38:00 AM

I use this to remove eye makeup only - mainly powder shadows and (non-waterproof) mascara.

This has always worked well for me. I put some on a cotton ball, then hold the cotton ball against my eye. I make one additional swipe over my eyelashes and that's it. The smell is a bit sweet and flowery. It does not hurt my eyes.

UPDATE 8/23/08: This product does not work at all on waterproof mascara. (although if you read the label, it doesn't claim to work on waterproof mascara. but i figured i'd try anyway!).

on 1/6/2008 12:22:00 AM

i am really surprised at some of the negative reviews for this product! i absolutely love this makeup remover, once i found this i never tried anything else. first of all it is so gentle and doesn't sting my eyes at all and i like that it is oil free. there is a slight scent to this remover but nothing heavy IMO. i have purchased this makeup remover countless times and will continue to in the future. i also like the bottle that this comes in. sometimes i save the bottles and fill them with shampoo/conditioner for when i travel.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to edit my post. This remover works, and does have a kind of perfumey scent that bothered me a little. I do find this product refreshing and while not expensive per bottle, I found myself using a lot of product and thus wasn't such a bargain after all.

on 10/24/2007 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite eye makeup remover. I think this stuff works just as well as Lancome's and is super cheap which is great 'cause I go through this stuff fast.