July 31, 2014 | 1977 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

For daily use, this e/m remover works well. It is not the best for heavy duty lifting of waterproof eye liner and mascara. But I like that it leaves no residue, does not cloud my eyes, does not irritate, is easy to find and is inexpensive. Unlike some reviewers, I've never had a problem with this product in several years. In fact, I was very surprised to see such low scores! I guess it goes to show that YMMV. What works best for me is to use a cotton pad (not a ball), moisten with product, hold to my lash line for 8-10 seconds and then swipe. This method clears away 99% of makeup for me. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

I didn't think I was expecting too much from this product, all I expected it to do was remove my eye makeup, but apparently, that was too much to ask of it! My eye shadow wasn't even completely removed, let alone my mascara! Even using more force than I'd like to in the eye area wouldn't make this product work.

Also, the worst part of it was that it really stung my eyes! The first time I tried it I thought maybe I just wasn't careful enough with it or something, but the same thing happened each time I tried it.

I took this back to Walgreens to get my $7 back. The salesclerk said I wasn't the first to return a bottle of it, and all had the same complaints I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:41:00 AM More reviews by gakester8

I'm sure there is a better eye makeup remover out there, but i've been using this one for ~10 years and it works good enough for me. I like that its cheap, easy to buy and feels good. its an oil free remover, so you just put some on a cotton pad or qtip and clean away. for heavier eye makeup or sparkly eye shadow it make take a few swipes before it comes off though -- even after using a face wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

OUCH! Stings the skin around my eyes SO BADLY. And it takes nothing off. I have to scrub and scrub and scrub, which hurts even worse, to get most of my makeup off - even then, there is still residue on my eyelashes and underneath my eyes that I can't get off with this. I have to resort to a Q-tip and water. This is terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Somewhat decent remover. Not good at all for removing waterproof mascara - or even mascara in general. Not good enough for me anyway. It works well on shadow. I will say that it was pleasant to put on and didn't irritate my skin or eyes. If it had worked better on mascara I would repurchase. As it stands, I LOVE my BE Bare Eyes Makeup Remover which has never let me down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I use this to remove eye makeup only - mainly powder shadows and (non-waterproof) mascara.

This has always worked well for me. I put some on a cotton ball, then hold the cotton ball against my eye. I make one additional swipe over my eyelashes and that's it. The smell is a bit sweet and flowery. It does not hurt my eyes.

UPDATE 8/23/08: This product does not work at all on waterproof mascara. (although if you read the label, it doesn't claim to work on waterproof mascara. but i figured i'd try anyway!).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by mml2145

i am really surprised at some of the negative reviews for this product! i absolutely love this makeup remover, once i found this i never tried anything else. first of all it is so gentle and doesn't sting my eyes at all and i like that it is oil free. there is a slight scent to this remover but nothing heavy IMO. i have purchased this makeup remover countless times and will continue to in the future. i also like the bottle that this comes in. sometimes i save the bottles and fill them with shampoo/conditioner for when i travel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 6:26:00 AM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to edit my post. This remover works, and does have a kind of perfumey scent that bothered me a little. I do find this product refreshing and while not expensive per bottle, I found myself using a lot of product and thus wasn't such a bargain after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eye makeup remover. I think this stuff works just as well as Lancome's and is super cheap which is great 'cause I go through this stuff fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

I keep coming back to this one since it doesn't bother my eyes and is reasonably priced. I was surprised and saddened to read that some of the other reviewers had so many problems with it- it works very well for me and takes off most eye makeup without a problem. However, I don't use waterproof mascara, which might pose a problem for the product. I also use Clinique's eye makeup remover, but this one does much the same for me and is a lot cheaper.