Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 8/11/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best way to take off waterproof mascara. I have sensitive skin and it didn't cause me any allergies. I also loves to aply it on my body after shower and when i have to go out bare legs I put a drop of this in my lotion and the result is amazing!

on 7/25/2011 5:56:00 AM

i use this to shave in the shower. i shave my legs every day because i get prickly super fast and this leaves my legs soft and the oil stops all razor burn! when i was useing shaveing gel it wasent lubercating enough to not leave little red bumps, but this is so great for even your bikinni area as well. very cheap and u get a lot ill be useing for a long time

on 7/10/2011 11:13:00 PM

I have had eczema on my legs my whole life. I have tried cortisone prescriptions, over the counter cortisone, many many types of hydrating cremes and nothing works better then baby oil. I rub it on when my skin is wet from getting out of the shower and my skin is so much softer and clearer. LOVE.

on 7/2/2011 9:20:00 AM

EDIT august/2011: I wanted to edit this review to add that mineral oil gave me the worst breakout of my life. I ended up with tons of tiny yellow pimples on both sides of my face, and though I've stopped using the oil and any other potentially irritating or clogging product, they are not completely gone. It happened after 2 months of using baby oil to cleanse my face at night - sometimes I used another cleanser after, sometimes I didn't. I will keep using it as an eye MU remover and as a body oil, but I will NEVER put this in my face again. I've switched to micellair cleansers, which are very gentle (yet effective) and don't have anu potentially clogging ingredients.
Mind you that this happened while I was on Accutane and had super dry skin, so it's not something that can happen only to acne-prone people.
*****
I've been using baby oil to take off my eye makeup for about 5 years now. It's simply the best MU remover I've ever tried. I put some oil in a cotton pad and apply it very gentle to my eyes - it works better if you take off your mascara first, putting the cotton pads under your lashes and removing the mascara with sweeping motions. Then you can apply the rest of your eye MU. After that, I use a clean cotton pad with some water to remove the oily residue.
When I use foundation, powder or a heavy sunscreen, I use baby oil to clean my face too. You can do it with a cotton pad or you can put some oil in your hands (not a lot) and then apply it in your face, massaging it gently for a few seconds. Then I wash my face with water and remove the residue with a cotton pad soaked in clean water. I usually cleanse afterwards with a regular (foaming) cleanser.
If you find that it leaves a residue on your eyes (the actual eyes, not the skin surrounding them), you can always put some eye drops to help with that.

I also use baby oil as a body moisturizer during my shower. When my skin is very dry, I mix it with other oils (olive, argan etc) but this makes the oil "heavier" - if I use just the baby oil and rinse it with water, the skin is less oily after the shower.
Just remember that you have to apply the oil when your skin is still wet and you have to rinse it after - otherwise you'll end up with really oily and sticky skin!

The only part of my body where I don't use baby oil is my hair, because it makes my hair too oily and the residue is hard to remove.

The fragrance doesn't bother my skin or my nose. I've used baby oil to take off my face and eye makeup even when my skin was acne-prone and it didn't cause my any breakouts.
It's a great multitask product to take when I'm on a trip, because it works as a MU remover/facial cleanser, body moisturizer and even as a facial moisturizer when my skin is dry.

on 6/28/2011 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This baby oil saved my face! One morning I woke up with hives all over my face. I had no idea how I got them, but it must have been from an allergic reaction or allergies. I had small little bumps all over my face that caused dry patches on my face, which got me a bit depressed.

I couldn't handle the roughness and the bumps so I decided to visit a facial aesthetics. After my facial, nothing really changed, and it seems as if it got worse if I put any product besides moisturizer on my face. I did A LOT of research, some which recommended a lot of money..ie buying 60$ moisturizer, toner, etc... until I came across a blog, saying to rub the baby oil on the bumps and dry patches on the face to make them go away. I couldn't go wrong with baby oil, so I did exactly that that night, and the next morning I can clearly see my bumps slowly disappearing. In the next couple days I repeated the baby oil on the face and now my bumps and dry patches are completely gone! I would have never thought of this! I have never used baby oil until this incident but after this, this will be by my side forever!

I absolutely love this product and wouldn't recommend it to everyone to put on their face (oily skin), but it does work for the hives+dry patches, and works great on the body!

on 6/26/2011 8:50:00 PM

Lately I've been all about products that multi-task and baby oil is definately a multi-tasker! Instead of buying the name brand I just bought the Equate brand at Walmart for $2.12 for a big bottle. I love this stuff. It makes my skin very soft and lasts all through out the day. Right after the shower while my skin is still wet I put it on then pat my skin dry. I also put a little on before bed and wake up with smooth skin. Before I bought this though, I had read some reviews about how baby oil is a great makeup remover. Well everyone who said it was spot on because it works great getting off my waterproof eye makeup. If it gets in your eye yes it can make your vision a little blurry, but to make sure that I get all of the oil off my eye I go back and use my cleanser on my eye area and it washes away any oil residue. Baby oil is one of my new favorite products to use!

on 6/22/2011 5:26:00 AM

My boyfriends skin is really really soft but I just assumed his skin was naturally soft till he told me he uses johnsons baby oil! after that I had to try it myself and im glad I did. It makes my skin really really huggably soft.. like a baby. It does break me out if I apply too much though so just dont over do it!

on 6/9/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A staple in my bathroom. Some of the things I use it for:
== a few drops on damp body skin will hydrate like nothing else. It absorbs rapidly - faster than most lotions, and leaves skin soooo soft.
== deep cleansing of my face. I apply just a few drops to a dry face. Massage in and follow with any foaming cleanser and a warm, wet washcloth. Over time, pores appear smaller and skin will benefit from such thorough, gentle cleansing. I am acne prone and this has NEVER broken me out. Not once.
== removes mascara with ease. Before your normal cleanser, smear a little oil on your fingertips. Very gently massage lashes between your fingers to "loosen" mascara. You can also use it on your eyeliner. Then use your normal cleanser to rinse away the oil/makeup.
== put a little on a cotton bud to clean your ears.
== try a little baby oil for removing sticky residue on the skin from a bandaid.

on 6/7/2011 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have the Aloe Vera and Vitamin E baby oil.

I can't believe how many uses it has! You can use it before a shower to soften your skin, in the shower as a shave cream, after a shower as a moisturiser and as a eye makeup remover! - not to mention all the home uses it has (just google it!)

I think next time I will try the gel version, this one can get a little messy! I'd also like to try coconut oil after reading all the reviews on here.

I have very very dry cracked skin and this is just heaven, since using it I have found my skin has been soft, smooth and stays hydrated all day long (unlike other moisturisers). I usually use it in the shower, then apply a small amount just before I get out and then sit in my bathrobe while it soaks into my skin.

For $9 (approx) for 500ml it is a good buy :)

on 5/24/2011 6:55:00 PM

My DD learned a trick in the Navy-this is great for getting paint off your skin!

Popular Body Skincare Products