November 22, 2014 | 896 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by RochelleRoyalty

-----Pros:-----
Great as makeup remover(for eyes&face)
Cheap(about $3 for 20oz~@ Target)
Doesn't burn
Versatile

-----Cons:-----
None

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is absolutely no need for eye makeup remover if you have baby oil in the house. Put some on a cotton ball, press it to your eye, then wipe it away. It's a great makeup remover because it removes almost every trace of makeup. It's cheaper than eye makeup remover as well. The bottle lasts a long time, too. A must-have!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This one gets an emphatic "NO" from me- on all accounts and usages.
It's only 2 ingredients? Mineral oil and fragrance. NEXT!
It does NOT prevent or treat wrinkles as a previous reviewer stated- maybe only for the fact it will seal in moisture and a moisturized face develops less wrinkles than a dry face over time. Any facial cream or lotion can do this and more- and not at the expense of breaking you out like a hormonal teen.
I used some as a body oil after showering. It sealed in moisture alright: but at the expense of leaving me feeling greasy and full of filmy residue to get all over my clothes.
I can't even use this as a MU remover because ANY left over on the skin causes majorly clogged pores! Might as well use canola oil instead! Blech.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by JamieMonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use the baby oil, Coconut oil and Vitamin E oil For moisturizers and they all work so Great!! I haven't used the Baby oil in along time b/c i like the Vitamin E oil better!! Before i ran into the Vitamin E i used the baby oil all the time and When i got out of the shower i used baby Oil and it made me really smooth but when i squeezed it out it was so MESSY and i get it all over the place!!! I loved shaving my legs and then putting this all over me it made my legs so soft. When i used baby oil i would take baths and i use to put baby oil in my bath water and soak in it!!! but when i got out of the bathtub and drain all the water out i had to take a clean washcloth and put soap on the washcloth and clean the baby oil off the tub!!! B/c if you do not do this the next day you will forget you put baby oil in the tub and fall on your butt and that hurts, so after me falling on my butt a couple times i remembered do do this!!! I haven't bought Baby Oil in a long time since i discovered vitamin E oil it is just like the Baby Oil but there is no Residue like baby oil and i just like my Vitamin E better:P

How ever the Baby oil takes forever to soak in my skin so if i rub the oil on my body i have to take a towel and get the residue of me or things will stick to me!!! That is why i started using my Vitamin E Oil and rub it on me..It makes me sooo SOFT and it doesn't have the Residue like Baby Oil!!! I LOVE MY VITAMIN E better then the baby oil!!! I LOVE shaving my legs and then rubbing this all over my legs and it makes me soooooo SOFT all day and then when i go to bed i do NOT want to get out of bed in the morning b/c my soft soft legs feels good on the sheets and blankets:P

I have NOT tried this as a Eye Makeup Remover i have heard about it along time ago and wanted to try it but i have not bought Baby Oil in a while since i discovered Vitamin E Works better:P I might try the Baby Oil as a makeup remover but i really dont know if i want to b/c if it get's in my hair it will make it really greasy and Baby Oil is like waterproof it doesn't come off lol so i might have to think about this one!! You would get alot in a bottle and it would last you alot longer then real makeup remover, i might just try my Vitamin E as a makeup remover b/c that will come off and it does not have the Residue like Baby oil:P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Who doesn't love baby oil? Of course, we all love it,

However, I no longer use this - I've replaced it with Coconut Oil. Everything Baby Oil does, coconut oil does better - removes eye makeup, moisturizes skin, can use as a hot oil treatment on hair, can use as a leave in for hair before styling, can use for oil rinsing for whiter teeth, a lubricant without irritation that can also prevent yeast infections, anti-inflamatory properties and kills athletes foot while keeping feet pretty and soft, and if you eat it boosts your immune system, helps you lose weight, increases energy, and kills bacterial infections. You can cook with it and improve heart health, use it for body massages, scalp massages...the list goes on, and on, and on.

If you dont believe me, look it up. Coconut Oil is just as cheap as J&J Baby Oil - and is only $4 on Vitacost - seeing the value in a huge 16oz jar of it, there hasn't been baby oil in my home for years. It now reminds me of melted plastic that just sits on my skin.

But I have fond memories of it. And its a great alternative to goo gone for getting those price stickers off of plates from TJ maxx. So, 4 lippies for being good, but its not the best! :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by happifayce

I use this as an eye makeup remover. Why pay a lot of money when you can spend $2.00 for this and it even protects against wrinkles. And the smell is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by yeshailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works well as a moisturizer. Hate smelling like baby powder. Will repurchase the unscented version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

This is a fantastic after-shower moisturizer. It's best to apply when your skin is still dripping wet, then I let myself air dry for a little bit, and then sit around in my bathrobe until it's all soaked in. I can't use this every day as an after-shower moisturizer because of how long it takes for the oil to soak in completely, but doing it at least once a week keeps me relatively moisturized throughout the week. Since I've started to use this baby oil, my skin isn't itchy anymore throughout the winter :)

I am really excited now to see that it's also an effective eye makeup remover, because I currently use Lancome's Bi-Facil, which I thought I would never give up or change! I'll edit once I've tried the baby oil as an eye makeup remover.

EDIT: Tried this as a makeup remover with Lancome Hypnose Drama in Waterproof (because I find Lancome's waterproof mascaras to be the BEST). It took quite a bit of rubbing, but this definitely did an great job of taking off my most stubborn waterproof makeup. When I'm on a tight budget, I'll definitely use this!

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with a poster below, why spend $$$ on eye makeup remover. This gets the most stubborn water proof mascara off the eyelashes. I love this stuff as an eye makeup remover and as an after shower moisturizer. I always come back to this even after I have used more expensive removers (as a GWP or a gift). I have an old Lancome Bifacial gwp bottle I refill in my cabinet. I like the smallish size (gwp) and the large lip on the container and the gwp bottle stays closed very well. I find baby oil to be soothing to my eye and moisturizes the eye area really well. I have purchased the store brand in baby oil and had the same wonderful result. This product can be used for so much more than eye makeup remover. I use it in the winter for when my skin gets dry as an after shower moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by jess428

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Why in the world does anyone spend the money on fancy eye makeup removers? This is so basic to have around the house, for eye makeup remover, moisturizer, I sometimes use it to clean my Persian cat's face, and my husband uses it with his drill to drill through glass easier :) I buy the Kroger brand, so it's even cheaper than J&J.