DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 5/14/2010 10:58:00 AM

Expensive.
Doesn't do anything.
Gloss doesn't even last.
Tastes awful.
Irritating sting.

on 4/25/2010 1:01:00 AM

This doesn't do much. SO disapointed. Lindsey Lohan said it was her secret to her pouty glossed lips. And in all of her disfunction, I have to say the girls got good lips..but more likely to be credited to genetics NOT Lip Venom... Sally Hansens lip extreme is better. 16 bucks down the drain

on 4/23/2010 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

never again. I threw this out long ago. I tested it and two minutes later I looked like Daffy Duck with my lips and developed a severe allergic reaction to this type of "plumper" -- this was years ago when I bought into the plumper hype.

today, I know better.

on 4/22/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh, this one's not a keeper.
There's so many reasons why, but the biggest reason is the irritation it gives to your lips. I can stand a little tingle, even a medium tingle, but this one sets your mouth on fire for a good 30 minutes. i still have the bottle from when it first came out, and it burns now the way it did then. also, the irritation gives your bothered lips a dark red tinge (which i hate). it did plump, but not better than Lipfusion, not even better than Target's SexyMotherpucker or BareE's Buxom babes, and you get little chili sauce for an eighteen dollar price tag. there are better things to be had.

Also, if you notice that Angelina Jolie or anybody with huge lips, they put more neutral glosses on it. Nude type or natural lipglosses. The darker the lips, the less full they look to me. Black is slimming for clothes, and dark red irritated lips don't make for a full, luscious pout.

on 4/17/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even though my review is long in the making...thought I'd put my two cents worth about it. I tried this this back when it first came out (around 2000-2001). The lip plumping potions/glosses were a pretty new thing back then and this was the most affordable on the market. I don't remember where I purchased it, I know it was on the web but I don't remember which site. Just to let you know, the price has not changed since that time. I paid $18 plus shipping then as well.
It was a waste of my money. No one, including myself could tell a difference at all and it tasted awful. The "shine" even wore off in literally 5 minutes.
I'm not sure if they've changed their formula at all in the past 10 years, but if not, it's not worth the $18 they charge.

on 4/16/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I never use this. I got it when it first came out, both in this formula as well as a colored gloss. Burned my lips, ending up rubbing it off.

on 4/12/2010 4:40:00 AM

So just in case you don't know, be aware when you pick up that big fat pink tube this comes in and you hear that suspicious rattling noise that is in fact a little itty bitty sample sized glass tube inside and that is the actual product you will be paying $18 for!! Naughty DuWop is so tricky!! Guess they knew no one in their right mind would pay $18 for a tube of clear lip gloss smaller than their pinky finger so they went out of their way to make the packaging as deceptive as possible. I wouldn't waste your money on this one. Honestly curiosity is what lured me in on this one. My lips are already pretty full so I never see a real difference with plumping products but I figured with all the hype if anything was going to make me look like Angelina Jolie this would be the product. Well after I got over the shock of the actual size of the product I slapped it one and waited, and waited, and waited for something, anything, to happen. At last I felt a very slight tingling and then more nothing. Did my lips look any plumper? Maybe but only because this stuff has a high shine glass like finish. It's also goopy thick and sticky and smells funny (not gross, kinda like too old cinnamon hearts?). Don't waste your money. This is overpriced and overhyped. If you have really thin lips you'd be better off saving up for something that will actually work like injections. If you're like me take a deep breath and just admitt to yourself that in reality you'd look you had a bad allergic reaction if you ever attained Angelina's lips and stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on what unvariably ends up to be just another clear lipgloss in the end!

on 4/12/2010 4:12:00 AM

This tingles a LOT. It makes your lips plumper for a little while, but ultimately not worth it for me.

on 4/11/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Received this as a gift. I love the concept, but there was no payoff. My lips were irritated and raw. Plumping -huh, no!!! Teaches me to live with what I am born with and love it!

on 4/11/2010 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Not worth the money. too small for the price to start. Stings lips and gets messy.... This product is not worth buying.

Recommended for Medium Skin