July 23, 2014 | 1329 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

So just in case you don't know, be aware when you pick up that big fat pink tube this comes in and you hear that suspicious rattling noise that is in fact a little itty bitty sample sized glass tube inside and that is the actual product you will be paying $18 for!! Naughty DuWop is so tricky!! Guess they knew no one in their right mind would pay $18 for a tube of clear lip gloss smaller than their pinky finger so they went out of their way to make the packaging as deceptive as possible. I wouldn't waste your money on this one. Honestly curiosity is what lured me in on this one. My lips are already pretty full so I never see a real difference with plumping products but I figured with all the hype if anything was going to make me look like Angelina Jolie this would be the product. Well after I got over the shock of the actual size of the product I slapped it one and waited, and waited, and waited for something, anything, to happen. At last I felt a very slight tingling and then more nothing. Did my lips look any plumper? Maybe but only because this stuff has a high shine glass like finish. It's also goopy thick and sticky and smells funny (not gross, kinda like too old cinnamon hearts?). Don't waste your money. This is overpriced and overhyped. If you have really thin lips you'd be better off saving up for something that will actually work like injections. If you're like me take a deep breath and just admitt to yourself that in reality you'd look you had a bad allergic reaction if you ever attained Angelina's lips and stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on what unvariably ends up to be just another clear lipgloss in the end!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This tingles a LOT. It makes your lips plumper for a little while, but ultimately not worth it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by trapezer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Received this as a gift. I love the concept, but there was no payoff. My lips were irritated and raw. Plumping -huh, no!!! Teaches me to live with what I am born with and love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not worth the money. too small for the price to start. Stings lips and gets messy.... This product is not worth buying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely disgusting.

Pros:
-Absolutely none.

Cons:
-STINGS lips.
-Dehydrates lips.
-Smells & tastes rancid.
-Super sticky.
-Expensive.

Out of all the failed products I've tried, this is by far the worst lip gloss I've across. I'll stick to Revlon Super Lustrous.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Sizzy96

Wow, I hope your ready for this lip venom! Forgetting about the 20 bucks I've spent on this 3.5 ML tube, I'll start by saying that this thing does not plump my lips at all! This just gives my lips a slight stinging sensation and a rosier look. This would look good as a clear lip gloss but you can get cheaper and better clear lip glosses for a fraction of the price. The packagin is quite pretty but the lid always can't close properly thus spilling the product over my bag. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bbboo

it didn't make my lips plumper, just made them look redder.

the cap wouldn't twist tightly, left a mess in my makeup bag

very expensive for such little product

will not buy again..ever! :S

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by whill08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, this comes in a very small tube for a pretty steep price. The smell is gross, like Big Red gum. It does leave a decent shine on my lips, but so does a drugstore gloss. As for plumping abilities, I didn't notice any difference. I like many others was intrigued by the name and the attention this product gets, sadly it's really nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited about using this, but unfortunately I did not like it one little bit! It did absolutely nothing to the volume of my lips and tasted terrible also. My lips are naturally pink so I didnít even really have the benefit of having pinker lips. Sadly, a waste of money for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didnt care for this plumper at all. It did absolutely nothing for me. The only positive thing i can say is it gave me a very shiney subtle light pink lip.