July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jessizzle

I adore this product. I normally have spotty skin and within days it almost cleared up. my skin was softer even after the first use.
I stopped using it for a week and my spots came back so it must be doing something.
Also find it less effort than using cleaning products.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by happibliss

I bought the new Neutrogena Wave Duo and tried it out. It's true that it's hard to get it lathered up, but I didn't mind too much because when I pressed down a little bit harder and moved it in circles, it did lather a little. I don't know, it just didn't really bother me like it seemed to with other people.
After use: I felt really moisturized and clean. I was thinking what a good purchase I made. Then, after a few minutes, my face felt pretty tight and well...not good.
The price is pretty expensive and it bothers me that the pads are disposable and pretty expensive to repurchase. I will not be using the Wave everyday, but probably maybe one to three times a week.
Overall, it was not horrible, but not completely amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Ok, this thing is worthless for actually washing your face. The pads are a rip off (one time use??) and don't foam at all. AND the device cannot reach all areas of your face like around your nose, where dirty can get trapped.

THE ONLY REDEEMING QUALITY ABOUT THIS IS: I use it when I use my Saint Ives apricot scrub. I put a few dots of scrub on my face and then turn this sucker on and it REALLY helps to exfoliate. I rinse the pad out and can reuse it a few times. It doesn't vibrate hard/fast enough to make your skin raw or anything like that, but it does more than just your hands when exfoliating with a scrub.

To all the ladies stuck with this seemingly worthless device, give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Used it twice. Never again. Pretty junky

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is honestly the worst product ive ever bought.
What a pile of shit, ive never used something so terrible they actually discontinued my wee pure glow exfoliating pads (which i adored) for this!!!
Im so lucky i got it on sale and never paid full price.
Whats wrong with it, its terrible, the pads dont foam up, they make me break out, their difficult to remove from the device, they make your skin feel tight, and get this, water got into my device after the third use and it broke i mean wtf!
Worst purchase ever...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by glbxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought this product was going to be great - but sadly no!
It didn't do much for me - not a lot of vibration, and didn't make my skin softer after the first use, or make it glowing or whatever. It just sort of buzzed a bit on my skin and didn't lather up.
Overall, I wouldn't recommend this, my skin broke out the same and look the same - if a little worse, as the cleanser on the pads isn't up to much.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by jod84

omg i cant stress how crap this product is...........first of all please dont get this if your an eczema suffer. it made my eczema the worst it had ever been in the last 10 years and apart from that it dont clean your skin what so ever, the day i used this i was only wearing a little powder and cover up.........i started cleaning my face with this thing for a good 5 minits just to find traces of makeup on my towel errrrr this is truely bad. i will never buy it again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Velvetfur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this using a gift voucher my parents gave me for Christmas - thought I'd treat myself, as it's expensive. Like almost everyone else on here has said, it hardly foams up at all. I have a solution to this! After using the Wave, I switch it off, remove the ceansing pad, and cleanse my face with just that, like a facewash. I get a lot of foam doing it this way, and the pads are nice and soft to use like this :) Other people have said the vibrations are weak - I found the opposite! But then, I'm very sensitive to things like that so it may be just me... My cheeks feel a little bit raw and slightly sensitive after using it, even though I don't have sensitive skin and don't generally react to any products (very dry cheeks though, classic combination skin), therefore I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with either sensitive skin or combination that gets very dry cheeks. My skin does feel thoroughly cleansed after using it though, and looks brighter. Generally, it's a fun novelty gadget to use, but does require a bit more effort than you'd think :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by misskate987

Every thing about this product is amazing. The price to start with is very resonable considering you get the wave, 14 foaming pads and 1 AA battery( this is very handy as you can get going straight away).
It claims that skin feels softer after its first use and this is a claim which is completely true! My skin felt amazing after the first time. I have now been using it for about 3 days in the night and my skin is completely different, the spots around my nose which i have had for a long time are getting better. It makes applying moisturiser much better and also goves a smoother finish when putting make up on.
There are 3 types of pads and you are give the gentle exfoliating ones in the pack. You can buy two other varities including one for oily skin and one for black heads it think. i have not yet bought the refill packs so i cant reveiw them but i will update this when i do. The negative may be the price of the refill packs and how quickly the pads get used up as they are disposable. I reccomend only using the wave once a day to minimise costs. Also some people just use normal cotton pads with their own cleanser on if they run out, i have yet to try this yet so again this will be something i will have to update. Overall a great product which definately lives up to the hype and its claims are true!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Amberlynn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to try this product. I saw it on sale at Walgreens, so I went for it, I even bought refills with it because I had such high expectations (bad decision) based on my friends' opinions. The size and style of the product are great, however the pads don't foam very much, you have to run them under the faucet for a good minute in order to get a little amount of foam going. The vibration isn't very strong, so I just felt like I was scratching my skin instead of massaging it/getting rid of the dirt, grime, dead skin, etc. I have senseitive/acne prone skin, so I didn't want to press too hard and lead to irritation. Even so, my acne worsened after using this product, and now that I've stopped using it, my skin is slowly getting back to normal. If you have a friend that has it, try theirs first, it might work for you, but it sure didn't for me.