Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Talc, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, Candelilla Cera, Ozokerite, PEG-9 Polydimethysiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Camellia Sinensis, Glycerin, Allantoin, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Zinc Oxide, Hydroxyapatite, Aluminium Hydroxide, Methicone, Disodium EDTA, PEG/PPG- 18/18 Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Acetate, Propylparaben, Methyparaben, ( /- CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)

on 11/16/2009 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After originally buying this a year ago, i have repurchased again and again. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! HG product.

I have pretty fair skin, and use 45 Warm Almond, TIP- disgard the sponge which comes with this and buy a foundation brush, my fave being a £4 superdrug one, above pricier versions.

The coverage is medium to high and makes me look flawless, covering blackheads, redness, acne scars ect. I still need concealer under my eyes and around my nose, but this stuff covers everything without looking and feeling like a mask, I choose this over mac studio finish and revlon colorstay.

Recommended for oily/combination skin.
Does not oxidise during the day, however does wear off slighty after about 4 hours.

on 11/12/2009 6:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this in 045 Warm Almond. For reference, in other ranges I am NC20-25, HD 118, EL DW 2N1 Desert Beige.

My skin is combination, with definite oily patches and dry patches, medium to large sized pores. I bought this on a total whim, my skin was feeling a bit drier, I had no cream foundations, and thought I would give this a go. I got seduced by the Boots 3 for 2 offer (I got two Masterpiece Max mascaras as well). It was quite pricey for a drugstore foundation, £11.70 for a relatively small amount (11.5g). I am used to using liquid foundations that have over double this amount in. My bottle of EL DW is £24 for 30ml, and 30g of MF MTLI would be £30!

The packaging is annoying. I hate the fact that the product is essentially in a screw top jar, with the sponge inside the lid. There is no mirror. The packaging is far too bulky.

I tried the sponge and didn't like the coverage, I also felt that the sponge ate the product. I apply using a 187 dupe. You only need to lightly sweep the brush over the foundation and then buff it into the skin. I love how it has a bit of a cool feeling when it is being applied. Using it this way really minimises pores and gives a flawless, medium coverage finish. It keeps my dry bits moisturised, whilst not making my oily bits shiny. I am really suprised by how well I like it on.

I have only given it 4/5 due to-
1. Relatively high cost. When cost per g/ml is done, this works out more expensive than many HE foundations.
2. The packaging and sponge are terrible

***Update 19th December- I have just repurchased this today as I ran out yesterday. The tub lasted about 6 weeks, using it 5-6 times a week. I can't actually remember the last time I repurchased a foundation in years, which must mean it is good!

on 10/14/2009 9:05:00 AM

I love this product. Now that i think of it, it's strange why i didn't purchase another case of MF Liquid Illusion before...i have already hit pan on the one i am using right now.

Pros:
- very creamy, which is great during the Swedish winter
- due to the creaminess, gives a silky finish even when you powder your skin
-variate range of natural colors (i have mine in 70 Natural)
-covers very well, especially redness (my undereye circles have a pink-reddish tone which is absolutely horrendous), doesn't emphasize the tiny bumps on my forehead or the expression lines around the mouth
- not scented, but even after a while it doesn't get that plasticine smell Mac has for example
- a bit pricy for the amount offered, the pan is very little. Nevertheless, a little goes a long.

I am going to repurchase this in a different color though, i think i have to go one shade darker. it is a very good product, all in all. I've always been a Max Factor fan and this product, along with the Masterpiece mascara, is one of their best.

on 10/2/2009 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Really like this foundation Its got a slightly creamy texture to it,I have dry skin and this didn't cake on me I always moisturise before though,I also liked the coverage of this not to light and quite good at covering few flaws on my face I use Natural 70
my skin is quite fair but I use a bit of self tan at night to add just a hint of colour so this matches with my skin pretty well even on the days I don't use tan.

on 9/5/2009 10:06:00 AM

ive never had much luck with foundations. Untill i cam across the miracle touch liquid illusion foundation! It changed my perceptin into thinking that it is possible to find a foundation that does everythin you want it to. Not only covering all my imperfections and redness, it gave it a healthy colour and natural glow that looked like it had been airbrushed on. Simply stunning would best describe it. I would definetly buy it again. Only problem for me would be i do not agree with amount that is given, there needs to be more for that price. I dont mind paying the not so cheap price because it fits like a shoe for my skin, however it does not last long considerin i need a generous amount to cover my facial flaws.

on 9/2/2009 9:00:00 PM

I used to have acne on my face and after using the mircale touch. My face is getting smooth. I believe it is because the foundation does not cause damages to skin. I heard that miracle touch is made in Germany. I used Armani Face Fabric before I changed to miracle touch. I would say miracle touch is lighter but still with good coverage.

on 8/11/2009 12:52:00 PM

I can't believe that this product is so well rated! I bought it in almond over a year ago, and definitively won't repurchase (i gave it to my mother): In winter this foundation evidences even the smallest imperfections and dry areas of my face,while in summer it's too heavy. I also don't like the shimmer in it. I think it would work only for people with perfect skin.

I have a LOVE slash HATE relationship with this foundation, i love it coz its the best ive found coverage (covers all my spots and redness) and finish (smooth, natural, and non-oily) wise for my skin, but i hate it coz it causes me to break out.. cries, if only it didnt as i use it every day! im very pale and the creamy ivory (lightest shade) matched perfectly in summer but now its winter and its just a tad too dark! if you dont have skin problems and are at least one shade darker than casper unlike me then this would prob be perfect, still on my seach for the perfect non-pore clogging foundation, but in the meantime its going to be miracle touch for me!

on 7/25/2009 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I quite like this foundation. its really nice and full coverage but without looking too cakey.it didnt make me break out, and evened my skin out and made it real nice and smooth
what i did notice about this was that it did make my face feel kind of wet...but thats ok...
i wont use it in the summer but i will repurchase in the winter.

on 7/19/2009 10:03:00 AM

I bought this due to good internet reviews & recommendations by friends. I thought it had to be good seeing as it was highly priced for a drugstore product. Im quite picky when it comes to make up as i like my skin to look nice & spot free but not weirdly flawless. This did just that & lasted long. i think im in love with it ! :)