September 23, 2014 | 2075 users online

Foundations - Max Factor - Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by blackrosethorn

I have a LOVE slash HATE relationship with this foundation, i love it coz its the best ive found coverage (covers all my spots and redness) and finish (smooth, natural, and non-oily) wise for my skin, but i hate it coz it causes me to break out.. cries, if only it didnt as i use it every day! im very pale and the creamy ivory (lightest shade) matched perfectly in summer but now its winter and its just a tad too dark! if you dont have skin problems and are at least one shade darker than casper unlike me then this would prob be perfect, still on my seach for the perfect non-pore clogging foundation, but in the meantime its going to be miracle touch for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by tiina009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I quite like this foundation. its really nice and full coverage but without looking too cakey.it didnt make me break out, and evened my skin out and made it real nice and smooth
what i did notice about this was that it did make my face feel kind of wet...but thats ok...
i wont use it in the summer but i will repurchase in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by iheartlife

I bought this due to good internet reviews & recommendations by friends. I thought it had to be good seeing as it was highly priced for a drugstore product. Im quite picky when it comes to make up as i like my skin to look nice & spot free but not weirdly flawless. This did just that & lasted long. i think im in love with it ! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MadameChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

EDIT.

I was just getting into make-up when I found this product so I'm updating.

I feel that looking back this makeup was cakey, unatural and made me break out like crazy. It would also transfer as it was greasey. The sponge that came with it was flimsy and didn't do much. I think with a light hand and clear skin, this could work for some people on a budget. But to be honest - there was hardly any product in the glass compact.

Packaging with nice though. Price was nice too. Just wasn't a very nice foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by summerlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I've always liked Max Factor and was keen to try this when I saw the advertisement. But Im always a lil bit scared of wasting money. Luckily enough, my best friend was using this for a a while and she also liked it a lot. I asked her whether I can try it for one day (since she has the same skincolor and skintype). I really liked it and it didnt gave me a cakey look. After this 'trial' I bought it myself and have been using it for almost a year now. I really like the fact I dont have to use a lot. Blends reallllly well with the skin and the coverage is perfect in my opinion, color matches good with my own skincolor. It doesnt give me a cakey look (which I absolutely hate). I'd defenitely buy it again. The price really is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bluecloud2

Ok, i'l admit i am prone to acne, i am never without a pimple and have scars from when i was burnt as a child so i offten just cover it up, so if there was an area of my make up bag i was willing to spend a bit more money on it would be foundation. Being a student £11.70 is quite a bit of money for a foundation ( i can buy a mascara, deodorant and moisturiser and still have change from this amount) so i'm not going to just compare one foundation but two and hopefully you understand why.
Maxfactor miracle touch liquid illusion foundation (£11.70) and Revlon colourstay foundation (£11.74) similar price, two very different foundations!
I first bought my maxfactor miracle touch after seeing an advert and (after swearing i would never go back to liquid foundation) thought i would give it a go as it was a very creamy compact.
My verdict...wow! it claimed light to medium coverage but it covered perfectly on me, blended with ease and the colour match was fabulous. It claims to be perfect on its own without concealer or powder but i find i still need a touch of concealer and powder on my t-zone as it appears quite oily even under the foundation! However, it was still one of the best foundations i'd ever tried and was incredibly pleased with the results!
So....why switch to revlon colourstay ( though iím not totally converted as i use both) ???
Well, being a total make-up addict and on a tight budget isnít easy so when i heard so many people saying how the revlon colourstay was just like MAC studio fix fluid ,which is way out of my pride range, and giving it such good press i just had to try it! and yes i was impressed, excellent coverage ( though it is advertised as a high coverage product so that probably explains it) great colour and lasted longer than my miracle touch. It left no oil round my t-zone and i was impressed. The downside was it dried in seconds making it harder to blend, it has an incredibly knack of removing any concealer i have on so i have to back an put more on and occasionally it can look like Iíve got lines on my face (this maybe due to the fact i use a foundation brush and the product is so fast drying).
So what is your point??? i hear you cry, well apart from highlighting two very different foundation, of which i believe maxfactor is probably the best, Iím trying to show the difference in products you can get for the same amount of money, especially when youíre on a tight budget and can't afford to waste money on bad products. Both are very good products and do what they say they will do and are probably up there with any premium brands but each has very different qualities which make them both brilliant.
I now use a mix of both products, revlon coloyrstay for my t-zone and chin and maxfactor for other areas and if i was in a rush i would use maxfactor, if i could only have one of the two, as you've guessed, it would be Maxfactor miracle touch. I'm glad i have the choice of both in my make-up bag and they will both last me quite a long time. Hope that has helped anyone else on a budget or struggling to make a choice.
xx

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

Well i didnt expect this product to be my HG foundation when i bought it, but it is!! I saw this product being used in a commercial on tv the other night, i was in a foundation crisis as i felt my chanel matte lumiere was providing too much coverage that i just didnt need, and i felt as if i had lots of make up on my face, which is a feeling i really dont like. My mum buys little make up, but always has beautiful skin and swears by maxfactor. I have been reguarly forking out £30 for department store foundations and it was breaking me so i figured after reading the MUA reviews, i would give it a shot.
I purchased this product in the natural colour, which turned out to be the perfect colour for me. I use fake tan or have spray tans, but i also have times when i have no fake tan on so need something which i could use for both situations without looking noticable.. I was skeptical this could be delivered from a foundation- let alone a m.f one. It turns out Natural is a kind of translucent colour, that can blend with my varying shades on skintone, perfectly- its sheer but provides coverage. Its a buildable coverage but i do not need a lot, just enough to cover slight redness around nose and cheeks and a few old acne scars.

I have been setting this with clinque blended face powder but i prefer it without- i find using face powder over the top takes away the glow this product gives me. I have normal/dry cheeks and oily t zone and when i use my No7 primer on t zone and this over the top, i stay pretty much oil free all day- and that is some feat!! Even with revlon c.s i had to blot 5 times a day. This foundation does not cake no matter how much you apply and it stayed put all throughout 80 f heat on a day to the seaside here. I feel confident to use a small amount of no7 primer sheer coverage of this foundation a sweep of bronzer on my cheeks and im good to go!! You have to try this foundation, i will definitely repurchase, i am so pleased with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by libbypop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this a couple of days ago and i like it so far, i dont need a lot of coverage just some evening of the skin tone and covering of a couple blemishes, this works well.
I apply it with a damp sponge (not the one they supply) until i get the desired coverage, you really dont need much to get a nice finish.
I have normal skin which can get dry in places, but i havent had any issues with flakiness yet and its winter here.
Im not sure if i will buy it again seeing as the product amount is so little for $40 NZD i may splurge for the $60 MAC one next!
But i like that im not piling on the makeup, which i hate doing for day-to-day wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by onevodkamartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a professional make-up artist i was keen to try this as max factor products are dependable and reliable. It is decent for the price and layers well but its not a great foundation - your getting what your paying for. There is little product either. I found this gave people i tried it on zits too. Id maybe use this for a during the week foundation or when cash strapped

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Has a strange smell, a bit chemical or something but does what it promises. long wearing light seamless finish.