November 23, 2014 | 1993 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by djimenez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided not to use this as a face primer because all the reviews regarding it causing breakouts scared me. I used it as an eye primer instead. IT'S AWESOME! It made eyeshadows and liners go on smoothly and stay there. I applied it one morning, layered a bunch of eyeshadows that crease on me horribly, and checked it that night. Looked perfect! I decided to sleep in it to give it the ultimate test. Next morning, eye makeup still looked flawless! I can't believe how awesome this works and the amount it comes in will last you a couple years. You only need a pea size amount for the entire eye area. Works better and is much cheaper than my other eye primers such as Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. Will definately purchase again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does make your makeup go on smoothly and look good, but it honestly does not help with staying power. The only reason that I didn't give this a good rating is because it made me break out too much! I absolutely HATE HATE HATE HATE ACNE and usually don't get it too bad but this definitely made a difference.

Will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by asianbebydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Multi purpose in a box ! I love this stuff but not for what it is intended for lol.. I use it for a primer under my make up and it works wonders I am extremely oily and this keeps my pores looking smaller and keeps my make up on all day it is cheap and has many uses DEF CHEAPER THAN OTHER PRIMERS OUT THERE

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Funnygiraffe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is another one of those products that I buy a backup for. It's my miracle line filler. I am 25 but have fine laugh lines and have had them since I was in highschool. I have used smashbox and the bare minerals primer and benefit porefessional and this is the best. It is very comparable to smashbox at a fraction of the cost. I have VERY sensitive breakout prone skin and retin-a makes my face peel, but this really helps to even out the texture so that my bare minerals foundation applies wonderfully. This has the Same (active) ingredients as the smashbox primer but with more of the filling silicones so I think it does a better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's great as a face primer. I apply it before any of my makeup and it makes my skin noticeably smoother and moreover, matte. Even on days where I don't wear makeup, I always apply sunscreen and that can make my skin look oily. However, I apply this on top and it makes my skin matte - it's great! I have no issues with my makeup when I wear this underneath. It lasts a while - I'm only on my second tube from using it within a year and it's reasonably inexpensive as well (I order it off eBay as I live in Australia). I will continue to use this as a face primer as it works for me and I find no reason to change to another one when this does a great job. I'll definitely continue to repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how it felt on my skin, but it made my oily skin more oily. Sucks because i really wanted to like it. It worked great for my mom though, she has normal skin so I gave it to her. Now I use milk of magnesia as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great alternative to other more expensive primers from brands like Smashbox, Make Up For Ever, etc. It has basically the same ingredients as them, costs less, and has more product! It works well at keeping my foundation on for a few more hours without completely sliding off. When I first tried it out, I was amazed at how incredibly smooth and soft it was! I use it all over my face except for my chin, because it's flaky, full of acne, and I don't want to make it look worse. It's mattifying, foundation goes on more smoothly, and as far as I know, it hasn't made me break out. At $6 for 1.5 ounces, it's truly a gem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

Great vaginal cream for the face! LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by AshleighFortier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in Wisconsin where the weather can change from 20* to 60* in one day. I use this daily even when I don't wear make up and it keeps my skin from drying out and becoming too oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

I have extremely acne prone and sensitive skin. I finally have acne under control and I am break out free. I, thankfully, have no reaction to the ingredients in this product. I have been using it for about a year.

I use this as a make up primer and it has cause me Zero issues in my skin. It's ingredient are the same as smashbox photo finish primer, however you get more product in this tube and for a 5th of the price of smashbox. This helps my makeup apply smoothly and it helps it from creasing in my smile lines around my mouth and eyes throughout the day (something I used to have a real problem with until I discovered primers). It also increases the wear time of my foundation. I use about the amount of a pea for my whole face.

There are more expensive primers out there, only a handful might work as well or better for your skin specifically. However, I think This is plenty of bang for your buck. It is also great if you are looking for a primer without sunscreen. For example, I tried Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 and it was $52 dollars for an ounce. It was nice, but I didn't find a difference between that and this for $6 at target for 1.5 ounces. The ingredients are a little different between these two items however I felt my skin reacted the same to both of them. (though I am curious about hourglass n28 because it has a long list of very good oils for the skin in it but I have a facial lotion that contains the same ingredients so why spend more?)

::Quick important note about this product and about primers:: dimethicone is a silicone product. It isn't as heavy but some people are, in fact, allergic to this ingredient (causing a rash or breakout). This is a main ingredient in most primers. Dimethicone is considered good for sensitive skin, unless you are allergic too it. If you break out from normal primers, please look at the ingredients and then look at the ingredients to this one. There are some all natural primers out there, some make from silk that might work for you. Beware of ones made from silica because Silica is the name given to a group of minerals composed of silicon and oxygen. So if you have a reaction to silicon and dimethicone you may have a reaction to silica as well.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No