July 29, 2014 | 1924 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by cheljo01

After reading many many reviews on face primers and the Monistat Anti-Chafing powder/gel, I decided to give it a try (why not? it's cheap, and if it doesn't work out, i live in florida so i could definitely use it for my legs! :P) My husband thought i was crazy putting this on my face (men just don't understand). Anyways, this stuff is awesome! I have combination/oily skin and i'm actually from the north and have recently moved to Florida (helloooo humidity!) After seeing how my face melted, i knew i had to try something different. I use Epic Organics Tangerine Sunrise Body Butter (http://epicorganics.net/ made and sold from my small hometown). I know, weird to use body butter on your face for a moisturizer, but this stuff really helps w/ acne/breakouts. Then i apply a very light coverage of Monistat Anti-Chafing. After letting both dry a little, i apply my foundation, set it w/ a powder, and i'm good to go! Sometimes I'll just use this product to matte my face instead of adding layers and layers. This stuff works great and does not break me out (due to the moisturizer barrier, i'm sure). I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants something cheaper (who doesn't?!) and who wants something that will work in mattefying your face. I've used Boots No. 7 Matte face primer, which works, but you have to make sure not to use too much because it will streak and it feels dry! Highly recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

Believe the hype - this is a fantastic primer!

Yes, you have to convince your friends that its not weird that you're putting a monistat product on your face, but its worth it.

I used it on my wedding day and have convinced another friend to do the same.

What a great trick this is!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After coming across this on a blog rating it the #2 best drugstore primer...I need to see if this stuff really works. I'm in love with my smashbox primer, but not the price.

So for a fraction of the cost I got a tube of this gel. Holy cow it works amazing. Makeup stay on just as long as my smashbox. And lately I've been patting it on AFTER my foundation for an airbrush look.

I am pleased with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by buffet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I will never be without this product, I am very fair with decent skin for my age. I used smash box for a long time, but this is way better and the price, well what can I say. I'm oily in the t-zone but dry also. First I moisturize with Chanel gel then I prime my t-zone and use Chanel Aqua-Vitalumeire BR- 22 applied with a Shiseido foundation brush for a flawless finish that is nice and dewy. My pores and fine lines disappear instantly and I get complements on my skin everyday. My makeup last all day with an occasional blotting of the t-zone on very humid days. I can't say enough good about this product but I do admit that the brush has a lot do do with the final finish. A little goes a long way with this and I use only where I need to, it's also great as a lip primer. We all know what works for one person may not for another, but for mature skin this is incredible!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Chubz

Holy Grail! But I Only use this on one area of my face since I don't wear foundations... That's my under eye area. This stops concealer and powder from settling into my fine lines and it does such a great job I want all you ladies to know that it works for me!! It says to avoid eye area, but I just always make sure to not rub it too close to the rim of my eye. I apply about half a tiny pea sized amount onto both of my under eye areas, then apply my concealers, dab with a makeup sponge to get an airbrushed effect, set with powder and it looks perfecto.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I swear this stuff was made for me! Who would have thought a Monistat Anti-Chaffing product would work WONDERS as a foundation primer?! Ofcourse I never would have even thought to try this had it not been mentioned time & time again on the MakeUp Board, so I thank all of you who suggest this!
For reference I have 30yr old, oily skin, with large pores that are prone to getting clogged. I'd tried the Smashbox primer several years ago in a gift set & liked it very well, but not enough to be able to continue to repurchase at it's regular price being a stay at home mother of two relying solely on my husbands income. But thankfully, I find this to be even better than SB's primer!
Does it work wonders at controlling oil? -No. But there are other things for that. (I personally like to use a mix of AloeGel+SilicaPowder OR Neutrogena 3 in 1 Acne Stress Relief Hydrating Gel for oil control) but there are a lot of times (esp. in cooler weather) that those products for oil control end up causing my skin to flake under most foundations & that's where this comes in. -It gives me a flawless base for foundation or powder application, prevents other products from causing any flakes or creases, and also creates a poreless look (which is totally what I need with my jumbo pores)
I also have several under eye concealers that I quit using because they creased so badly under my eyes, but not any more! I simply put a dab of this under my concealers as well & it prevents creasing of any kind.
Another way I've found I can use this is over top of foundation/powder. If I apply it over other makeup it just adds to the poreless look.
I've never encountered any breakouts or clogged pores from this product(Yay! ;D)
&It was right around $6 USD at my local WalMart store, which in my opinion is just a steal for what you get! I think it's definitely worth it to pick one up if you suffer from flakes under makeup, lines/creasing under makeup, or large pores.
&Heck, if it doesn't work for you as well as it works for me, then try it as an anti-chaffing gel, right? ;D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by misstaryn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful. Turns my face into a silky canvas whereby my makeup just glides on and stays put all day long. Doesnt clog my pores and mattifies beautifully. Since I started using this about 2 weeks ago, several people have asked me "what kind of makeup do you wear?" truth is, I've been wearing the same thing forever. The only difference is the monistat! FYI i use MAC studi sculpt with Bobbi Brown loose powder on top. I have combination skin (more dry than oily) and have random breakouts, but havent in quite some time. Probably since I started washing my face with plain ol' dial gold soap. AMAZING.
edit-
I started mixing this w my foundation plus a dab of moisturizer (st ivs timeless moisturizer). I apply this little concocution to my face with my fingers and then blend with a round flat top brush (my fav cheap find is E.L.F powder brush w black handle). I love the finish and always get compliments on my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been looking for a primer that does smell and feels amazing. This does both at such a great price. I have oily olive skin and this does great with my skin. I am so glad I came across this on so many forums. I've tried Liole's Pore Rich Balm and this is comparably just as amazing at a lesser price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally perfer silicone based clear gel primer so when I heard there was a cheap dupe I had to try it. Big mistake, I have pretty oily skin and I use milk of mag (which works great btw) and put this on top and it made my skin so oily like I never put on milk of mag in the first place. So for me this is a no go!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Taterbon

Kept reading about using this product as a primer all over the place. I didn't want to spend the cash on Smashbox primer, so I figured it was worth a shot. WOW! I'm impressed, poreless, line-free, and my foundation could have withstood an Olympic swimming race! Love it!