Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 3/3/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this as a primer for my face (got the tip from a beauty blogger on youtube) and this is how I use it: I put my moisturizer on, then my foundation (L'oreal Visible Lift), then I squeeze a small amount on my fingers and lightly rub it into my face - staying away from the eye area. It evens the foundation and I don't even have to set my face with powder. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smoothe. I've also used this on the back of my heels when I wear high heels that rub a little much. It softens the area and doesn't leave me with red, hurting heels.

on 3/3/2013 9:56:00 PM

I barely wear makeup, used this a primer a few times and it worked well. BUT, what I do is, I put one some lip balm, wait about 5 minutes and then dab some of this stuff on top of my lip balm. My lips looks bigger and soooooo freaking smooth! They look like a million bucks, try it :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this as a primer. It works. I wouldn't say as well as Lancome's La Base Pro, but it works well enough. It makes my foundation last longer than if I have used nothing at all. This also helps my foundation blend well. I dislike Smashbox's primer because it really does nothing for me. The Monistat chaffing gel works to where it helps keep my foundation on for about 4-5 hours compared to 6-8 hours that La Base Pro does or the lousy one hour that going without anything does for me. Its good in a pinch and does not break me out at all. I keep this handy in my makeup bag for the in-between times.

on 2/24/2013 9:06:00 AM

Use this product all the time as a primer. I find it works very well. I have blended it with foundation or concealer and it work well that way too. It is inexpensive and that works for me too. I hate spending a fortune on makeup. Happy I found this as an alternative to more expensive products.

on 2/24/2013 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this primer. It really controlled my oil - much more than Smashbox - and made my makeup last all day. Yesterday, I needed to go from a day to night look. Normally, I would have had to wash my face and start over. With this, I just dabbed some powder around my nose, intensified my eyes and was good to go!

A few things:
1) Do a patch test on your face - some people are sensitive to this product, so I placed a small 24 hour patch of it near my jawline. Figured if it made me break out, could wear my hair down to cover. Personally, I had no issues.
2) Moisturize first - this is more drying than Smashbox, which is great for oil control, but you don't want to swap oil for flakes
3) Tweak your routine a bit, I normally powder my whole face to set, with this, I only powdered my under eyes and nose. Used with revlon color stay foundation and nyx hd concealer wand.

PROS:
- fills fine lines
- controls oil
- makes makeup last all day
- super cheap ($6 vs. $35 for Smashbox)
- makes your face feel like silk
- makeup glides on, eyeshadow and blush are more vibrant and easier to blend
- very versatile - I have used under strapless bra underwires, which tend to chafe me - would never do that with super expensive Smashbox
CONS:
- wish the brand Monistat was not so front and center

on 2/19/2013 6:05:00 PM

I like how this product makes your skin feel like butter! and helps makeup go on nice and smooth. Im not sure if it makes my makeup stay on longer? but it makes application a little smoother. I would probably repurchase. its something that would be good to have. and its small enought to throw in a makeup bag or purse.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very Oily Skin and needed a Primer to control it. I was a little apprehensive using a Chafing Gel on my face, but I had heard good things about it and the price is very reasonable so I said why not. I'm so glad I purchased this product. Works wonders under my foundation. The oilest place on my face is my nose and that is the only spot I have to touch up throughout the day. I have been using this product for 2 years and I love it.

on 2/15/2013 10:41:00 PM

Yuck. Makes me feel like I'm wearing a rubber mask on my face. Ok, I'm not a big fan of primers, so maybe they all have a tendency to feel this way...but I have tried some others that don't feel nearly as mask-like as this does. Could not wait to wash it off.

on 2/15/2013 10:03:00 PM

This is pretty good as a primer for the price and given its main purpose.My foundation does apply smoother but it does not keep my makeup on much longer then usual, perhaps an extra two hours. I did break out the first week of use but I think my skin got use to it and I dont break out anymore from it.

on 2/15/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG of primers. It's the perfect consistency, it's long lasting, it feels great going on.

I have tried many other primers and NONE have beaten this for value, and lasting ability.