July 31, 2014 | 1506 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by diorshowgirl

I was excited when Maybelline's define a lash mascara came out because I was looking for an affordable day time mascara that seperated and lengthened my lashes, but didn't add an excessive amount of volume. I was really disappointed by this. It barely lengthened, and the latex-like brush is difficult to work with because it just seems to flop around. It's way to flexible to define the lashes. I would not recommend this at all. Drug store mascaras that are better are L'oreal's voluminous mascara, Cover Girl lash blash, and Maybelline XXL.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by WillBlogForShoes

I bought this because the store had Buy 2, Get 2 and only had 2 of my much-loved eyebrow pencil in stock. While this wasn't the worst mascara, it doesn't hold a candle to the L'Oreal that I usually buy. It doesn't run or clump and it's easy to remove. But it's nothing spectacular.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jaebass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so disapointed in this mascara. I had used the original Define-A-Lash (green tube) in Waterproof and I loved it so much. I had watched a review on YouTube and the girl said that the Define-A-Lash (green tube) and the Define-A-Lash Volume (pink tube) were exactually the same except for the tube. So I thought "Hey, the pink tube is cute, I'll get that!" I should have never bought it. So bad!
I honestly don't really remember what i didn't like about it- but I remember I did not like it. If you want to get a mascara get the original Define-A-Lash in Waterproof.

These reviews are based on the waterproofed versions.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by AMARIS178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked it

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by peqpatino

I tried this because I needed a waterproof mascara. After reading reviews on good waterproof products I settled on this one.
It didn't start out well at all. The formula seemed a little dry right when it first came out of the tube. It went on but it was extremely clumpy. Not only that but it did not add any volume at all, it just made my lashes clump together. At the end of the day my eyes itched and stung from the mascara and it had smudged incredibly bad around my eyes.
This was not a good mascara at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for several days and I really like it. I have the volume in waterproof, very black. I've had horrible luck finding a mascara that doesn't cause raccoon eyes. Well, this is the one for me. It doesn't smudge, and it gives my eyelashes the oomph I needed for day to day wear. It also doesn't flake off throughout the day. I have dark lashes that are neither too short nor too sparse. I put on 2 coats and then comb through. Will repurchase. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Nataliaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara, but only for my top lashes. I hate that it doesn't work for my bottom lashes 'cause that means I have to use two different mascaras; one for my top lashes and one for my bottom lashes. Every time I apply this it seems to amaze me that my lashes don't end up looking like a total clumpy mess when I'm done which is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by singalong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long thin lashes naturally I want a mascara that thickens with out cumping. Okay so this used to be my fave mascara I just fell out of love and I'm going to continue my search for the perfect mascara. I've bought like three tubes of it before. It gives a natural look which is nice but doesn't hold a curl at all. Thickens a little adding no length. Clump- free. I might buy again if it's on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by mellowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy this product again.. Only because it's a good daytime mascara and I don't need volume, nor much lenght for work/daytime. Less drama is better.

This mascara is a bit ... meh. It makes my lashes darker and adds some lenght. That's about it.
If you try doing 2 layers it clumps, maybe due to the wand. I don't find it clumps with the first layer, but you have to be carefully and properly seperate with the brush.

It claims to add volume which is far from what I noticed. This bristles are pretty fine, and for volume I think you'd need a thicker mascara consistency and a bigger wand.
I love the hot pink packaging though lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not picky about mascaras, because I just want something black and natural looking. I buy whatever is on sale, as long as it doesn't say colossal or extreme.

This mascara was completely useless. I've been trying to get it to work because I don't want the hassle of returning it, but it keeps clumping up and giving me scary spider lashes. Even if I just try to put on one thin coat, it makes my eyelashes stick together and feel heavy and toxic. There is no definition, volume, or length--- just sticky clumps. Wow. Talk about false advertising.