Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this scent it smells really good. It's a bit strong but it starts softening up after a while but I can still smell it. It has great lasting power, which I look for in a scent. Will definetly repurchase!

I normally love oriental/spicy/androgynous/slightly masculine perfumes. Unfortunately, on me this smelled like cheap bathroom soap mixed with old spice. ICK. However, it does have decent lasting power, although that's a bad thing in this instance.

Mmmmm...I've rediscovered my obsession for Obsession! I was in a dept store today smelling perfumes, looking for something more sensual and sophisticated than my stand-by (Pink Sugar). I saw the Obsession bottle and nearly passed it up, but something told me that one quick squirt on my wrist wouldn't hurt and now like a junkie...I'm addicted again! I love how this is spicy, yet with a soft sweet undernote, its a scent that lingers and only a small spritz is needed. You want people to lean in close to you and tell you how damn good you smell instead of gasping for air from across the room! I got in the car and with one whiff my DH said "OMG you smell sexy!" Now, that is NOT the usual comments I get on my perfume choices, so that pushed it over edge and I am now a proud owner of a bottle of Obsession! So, if you're thinking about passing this up...pause for second, give your wrist a quick spritz and see if you can rediscover that sexy, sensual, daring woman that is in us all.

on 3/30/2008 10:49:00 AM

This was my signature scent in HS. I remember I worked one summer to buy a bottle of this. I really do like the scent on me and I've been told it smells very nice on me. I can understand why people have strong reactions to it. It's not a perfume you should bathe in. A little of this stuff goes a looong way. A litte on the pluse points and you're set. This is another one that is Chemistry. My sister wore this and I wanted to gag, I wear it and it smells lovely. I guess she is a flowery fresh smelling type of girl, I'm a oriental woodsy, spicy scent kind of girl. :) This is one of those scents if you use a heavy hand you can clear a room out, but if used lightly with the right person and chemistry it's nice and sensual.

on 1/29/2008 3:00:00 PM

This is the closest I get to a sig scent. I have worn it for years, it smells great on me, people associate the scent with me, and I get tons of compliments. The best one- a man at a wedding leaned closer while we were talking, took a good sniff and said, in a voice of pure rapture "you smell like all the best parts of high school." And he meant it, and not in a creepy way, trust me. If it smells good on you, it's very, very, chase-you-down-the-street-to-ask-what-you're-wearing good. If it doesn't, then you are the kind of ticking time bomb that has given this scent a bad name, as there is almost no way to wear it with subtlety. On the right chemistry, it's amber, vanilla, and spicy citrus. If it doesn't smell like that on you, please, check with others before wearing it.

This is the one fragrance that makes me physically ill, literally. Back in the early 90's a guy I dated drenched himself in this stuff. One evening, it was stronger than usual; five minutes in the car with him and I had a raging migraine and needed to throwup. Needless to say, that was the end of that date ... and us since he insisted on wearing this darned awful stuff.

Now, whenever I get a whiff of this cologne, I think of him and that night. Not good memories.

on 1/3/2008 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For some reason people wearing obsession, eternity,posion(I do love posion) ..bathed in them in the 80's. Thats why people can't handle these fragrances now. I personally just feel there are so many more nice perfumes out there. Back in the 80's there really wasn't alot to choose from.

on 1/2/2008 11:08:00 PM

This is a deep, warm spicy and sweet scent. It is also strong so I personally suggest walking through it. My mum wore this most of my life so I will always love it and have a place in my heart for it which is why i ll repurchase. Just to have, not necessarily to wear. I have probablyt gone through 2 bottles of this in 10 or so years and was an everyday scent for awhile. But I got tired of people always saying "yummm, is that obsession?" or something to the like. They like it or even love it. That is good. You want people around you to enjoy your scent as well, right? but you dont want everyone to know right off the bat what you're wearing. That implies that it is extremely common. And this is, never mind all the negative reviews. I see it as a sexy scent and men adore it, but I dont see this as a sexy, in-your-face, wear every once in a while to feel sexy scent. I think it more belongs to the women who are of a consistently sensual nature. And that is usually the woman who wears it.

on 12/31/2007 6:04:00 PM

Another all-time favorite! AND very popular when I wear it. I used to have a co-worker who literally begged me to wear this scent, he liked it so much. LOL. My sister just gave me a full bottle (she does not tolerate strong perfumes, poor dear) and I was thrilled.

on 12/11/2007 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is ok, but was OTT for my style, I prefer fresh clean light scents and this is very musky and woody and to dark for me. Got it cause my SO loves it, but I never find anywhere appropriate to wear it. This bottle will certainly turn to alcohol before I get halfway through it.

Popular Fragrances