November 26, 2014 | 1931 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my signature scent in HS. I remember I worked one summer to buy a bottle of this. I really do like the scent on me and I've been told it smells very nice on me. I can understand why people have strong reactions to it. It's not a perfume you should bathe in. A little of this stuff goes a looong way. A litte on the pluse points and you're set. This is another one that is Chemistry. My sister wore this and I wanted to gag, I wear it and it smells lovely. I guess she is a flowery fresh smelling type of girl, I'm a oriental woodsy, spicy scent kind of girl. :) This is one of those scents if you use a heavy hand you can clear a room out, but if used lightly with the right person and chemistry it's nice and sensual.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the closest I get to a sig scent. I have worn it for years, it smells great on me, people associate the scent with me, and I get tons of compliments. The best one- a man at a wedding leaned closer while we were talking, took a good sniff and said, in a voice of pure rapture "you smell like all the best parts of high school." And he meant it, and not in a creepy way, trust me. If it smells good on you, it's very, very, chase-you-down-the-street-to-ask-what-you're-wearing good. If it doesn't, then you are the kind of ticking time bomb that has given this scent a bad name, as there is almost no way to wear it with subtlety. On the right chemistry, it's amber, vanilla, and spicy citrus. If it doesn't smell like that on you, please, check with others before wearing it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl_001

This is the one fragrance that makes me physically ill, literally. Back in the early 90's a guy I dated drenched himself in this stuff. One evening, it was stronger than usual; five minutes in the car with him and I had a raging migraine and needed to throwup. Needless to say, that was the end of that date ... and us since he insisted on wearing this darned awful stuff.

Now, whenever I get a whiff of this cologne, I think of him and that night. Not good memories.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by LOVEMETWO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some reason people wearing obsession, eternity,posion(I do love posion) ..bathed in them in the 80's. Thats why people can't handle these fragrances now. I personally just feel there are so many more nice perfumes out there. Back in the 80's there really wasn't alot to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a deep, warm spicy and sweet scent. It is also strong so I personally suggest walking through it. My mum wore this most of my life so I will always love it and have a place in my heart for it which is why i ll repurchase. Just to have, not necessarily to wear. I have probablyt gone through 2 bottles of this in 10 or so years and was an everyday scent for awhile. But I got tired of people always saying "yummm, is that obsession?" or something to the like. They like it or even love it. That is good. You want people around you to enjoy your scent as well, right? but you dont want everyone to know right off the bat what you're wearing. That implies that it is extremely common. And this is, never mind all the negative reviews. I see it as a sexy scent and men adore it, but I dont see this as a sexy, in-your-face, wear every once in a while to feel sexy scent. I think it more belongs to the women who are of a consistently sensual nature. And that is usually the woman who wears it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another all-time favorite! AND very popular when I wear it. I used to have a co-worker who literally begged me to wear this scent, he liked it so much. LOL. My sister just gave me a full bottle (she does not tolerate strong perfumes, poor dear) and I was thrilled.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is ok, but was OTT for my style, I prefer fresh clean light scents and this is very musky and woody and to dark for me. Got it cause my SO loves it, but I never find anywhere appropriate to wear it. This bottle will certainly turn to alcohol before I get halfway through it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by krristabelle

After smelling this in a magazine, I decided to test it at the fragrance counter earlier today. Yuck. I know fragrance is very dependent on personal chemistry, but this scent is terrible on me. It smells very (very!) warm to me and has a hint of spice that reminds me of men's cologne. For someone who likes heavier scents this might be nice, but this just goes a little too far for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by roxiblue

This is one of those that either smells great or gawd-awful on people. Fortunately I'm in the former group -- this is gorgeous and sexy on me. Definitely a heavier scent so I only wear it during the colder months, but I love it. Yes, it reminds me of the 80s, but I think fragrances "read" differently on different people, and this one has always been good for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by persiangirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Love it! On me it has a deep vanilla scent mixed with a bit of spice, very sexy. I agree about dating fragrances.. what gives? I am 22 and love this scent, just as much as I love scents by Stila! It all depends on your mood and how it smells on you, not the year! I will continue to purchase this fragrance for years to come no matter what year it is =)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No