Cle de Peau Concealer

4.2

titanium dioxide, hydrogenated polydecene, cyclomethicone, mica, kaolin, CI 77492, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, paraffin, sodium magnesium silicate, CI 77491, polyethylene, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, glycerin, barium sulfate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), peg-10 dimethicone, phytosteryl macadamiate, ci 77499, water, synthetic fluorphlogopite, butylene glycol, polysilicone-5, tocopheryl, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, aluminium hydroxide, alcohol, aluminium distearate, dimethicone, triethoxysilyethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, prunus speciosa leaf extract,

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I remember when my favourite Holt SA called me as soon as they had Honey stocked, and when I came in I was doubtful it would match my skintone. Although it's not a perfect match (I have to use Bobbi Brown's corrector first) the texture and pigmentation of the two combined is just perfect. Since there is no SPF, it's also ideal for photoshoots.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love, love, love this highly pigmented concealer!

I have a problem with my oily skin with anything staying put more than a couple of hours and this has clung to blemishes like glue. I use it sparingly under my eyes and it stays all day (I just use it in area closest to my nose don't go fully beneath my eyes).

I am extremely fair and the ivory blends in seamlessly. I was a little concerned based on some of the comments that I would have a problem as I typically can't find foundations that match, and always have problems with foundations and powders showing up as yellow on my skin but this blends right in flawlessly. I typically dab the stick on whatever I'm trying to cover, let it sit 30 seconds to a minute and then blend in with my fingers and set with Tarte Amazonian Clay powder.

Now to try the foundation!

on 2/24/2011 10:09:00 PM

I bought this in Japan in 2006, and have finally hit the bottom of the tube in 2011, so the price per wear ratio has been exceptionally good. I tend to only use it on spots and discoloration, by tapping it on with a finger. It looks like skin, but the staying power isn't great, although I am a bit oily skinned -- there's a bit too much slip. In comparison with the Laura Mercier secret camoflauge, this one has a lot more slip. I do feel like it looks much more natural and is quite a lot easier to work with than the LM concealer.

on 2/18/2011 11:35:00 AM

I've had several go-to concealers over the years and this is my favorite for the last several years. I like the slip of it as I apply it (I pat it on or use a brush to apply the color and then pat), I like the color, and I love the coverage. On me it doesn't settle into wrinkles and I DO use powder on top of it. For me it's entirely worth the price. I have bought a dozen more reasonably priced concealers that I've had to throw away because either the consistency, color, or coverage weren't good. I highly recommend this product. If you want, you can always have a rep apply it and see how it wears for a day before purchasing it....

on 2/10/2011 8:53:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE This product!!! Although it costs me nearly 100 as I cannot get it in the UK, shipping, custom charges nearly doubles the amount! At first I was not 100% sure about this product yes it creased it went cakey I was really disappointed, however after some research I figured out how to use it, using the same method as Kim K, it really did work well I have dark undereye circles well they are worse and sometimes not so bad but it is one of my most paranoid problem areas, I recommend this product but know how to use is, I used ochre btw. :)

on 2/1/2011 3:59:00 PM

I bought the Cle de Peau concealer in light. Fabulous consistency and coverage. But I am just too fair for this! Ladies NW/ NC25 and darker can use this, but no lighter than that. Terribly disappointed that they don't have a lighter shade to match me, because it was fabulous.

This is my favorite concealer of all time. It does an amazing job at hiding all of your imperfections! The only downside is it's price but i have to say that it will last you a very long time so i guess the price isn't too bad, considering that. I'd say each stick will last you about 7-8 months are so. I'm already on my second stick. This is my HG for sure!

on 1/18/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I agree with VegasDiamond below...this stuff is just OK. I expected it to be my HG...I also bought it in Ochre...the coverage is caky..and yet it doesn't fully even cover (if that makes sense)...I just felt like it sat on top of my underyeye circles...and gave a whitish cast to my eye area...i just dont get why this stuff has so many good reviews/celebrity endorsements..maybe it's better for heavy makeup girls..which is not me...

I just got turned onto the EL Double Wear concealer..and LOVE it..it covers and yet is so natural looking that i dont even need a foundation to cover over it to blend in.....and it's $20! Keep it coming EL..love.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this concealer in "Ochre." This shade was a great match for me. I have very dark under eye circles that are hereditary and I only use concealer on this part of my face. I gave it 2 stars cause it is creamy and feels light weight on the skin. I even forgot I had it on through out the day even tho the coverage remained the same. It's also easy to apply after you warm it up with your fingers. Unfortunately this creases with our without powder. I have this problem with just about every cream concealer I try, tho. I don't know why since I'm only 23 and don't have extensive wrinkles. I just have a few natural creases right beneath my eyes which I've had since forever. And my skin isn't dry underneath my eyes. For $70 before tax, I would think this would blow all the others out of the water, but my EL Double Wear Concealer is by far the best concealer I've ever found. I've tried so many and this one barely creases and when it does, it's SO minimal, it's blends like a dream w/my MAC #130 brush, it gives amazing coverage, and it looks sooooo natural. I looooove it! Oh, and it's only about $20. Love it

Brilliant concealer - but you need to apply it correctly. Recommend warming the product with finger in tube then swipe under eye. No powder required on top - but you could use BE Well rested or Powderflage if you really want to. If this is just too pricy for you, try the Hourglass concealer instead, and it is a little softer to use. I love this though.

Top Rated Cle de Peau Products