Cle de Peau Concealer

4.2

titanium dioxide, hydrogenated polydecene, cyclomethicone, mica, kaolin, CI 77492, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, paraffin, sodium magnesium silicate, CI 77491, polyethylene, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, glycerin, barium sulfate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), peg-10 dimethicone, phytosteryl macadamiate, ci 77499, water, synthetic fluorphlogopite, butylene glycol, polysilicone-5, tocopheryl, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, aluminium hydroxide, alcohol, aluminium distearate, dimethicone, triethoxysilyethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, prunus speciosa leaf extract,

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This works well as a spot concealer and dries to a powder matte finish. As an undereye concealer this is not so good. It settles into fine lines and causes undereye skin to look cakey and crepey. For a high end undereye concealer, La Mer the Radiant Concealer works much better.

on 4/4/2011 2:06:00 AM

I was looking for a concealer that would mainly cover my post acne marks and the dark circles under my eyes. After spending a ton of money on many other concealers ranging from cheap drugstore brands to highly expensive ones ($75 +), I finally decided to give in and went to buy it at Bergdorf Goodman.

PRO:
- Covers every mark/discoloration on my face flawlessly

- Nice creamy formula makes it is easy to apply and product literally melts into your skin

- Great quality (in terms of pigment and color intensity- *a little goes a VERY long way)

- You don't get that chalky/drying effect that most concealer tend to produce when you apply it

- Comes in a cute blue twisting tube, so you control how much you want to use without being wasteful (*and again a little goes a very long way- believe me when I say this because I usually go through products faster than anyone else I know)

CON:
- Extremely limited color selection, so major kudos to those that have found an exact match without having to mix this concealer with another one to get your shade like I do.

- Pricey and I found that I can get similiar results for a cheaper price with Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (sold in Sephora), and with the Makeup Forever Pallette that a few other reviewers have mentioned.

- If you apply too much concelear it will tend to crease into your fine lines and accentuate them due to the creamy formula.
Therefore I highly recommend applying this product VERY liberally after moisturizing your face. I usually get the best results when I apply it with my ring finger (slight dabbing it) as opposed to with a brush- and this method will certainly conserve the life of this product since you will only be using what you applied on your finger. And lastly do NOT forget to set this concealer with any powder that you use or else you will definitely get creasing throughout the day.

Overall: If you find the perfect color match then I would highly recommend this concealer to those that do not mind splurging on it. Hesitant to purchase? Then try taking other reviewers recommendations on cheaper alternatives to this product, and if all else fails then by all means go out and get this product- you will not be disappointed.

(*Also just as a sidenote: I really believe that concealer should be something that you splurge on because it is the most powerful tool in your makeup bad that can diminish flaws instantly and give the illusion of radiant, flawless, and youthful skin*)

on 3/29/2011 7:36:00 PM

This covers ANYTHING while blending naturally. It doesn't crease or disappear during the whole day even thought it's creamy!
It is too expensive for a concealer..
Take it or leave it :)

on 3/29/2011 7:25:00 PM

Hands down my HG under-eye concealer. Have been using the Beige shade for about ten years ever since it was and has been countlessly featured in InStyle magazine's Best Beauty Buys. Highly pigmented so a little goes a long way, which also means a tube lasts forever (maybe 2 years?). I apply with my Shu Uemura concealer brush and gently pat/blend with my ring finger. The stuff just covers my moderate dark circles and veins around eyes perfectly without caking. This is NOT a heavy coverage concealor that will mask really dark circles. Rather it's brightening, very natural looking, has perfect texture, blends perfectly and has great staying power. As I've gotten older my dark circles have gotten well, darker. So I've been applying Smashbox Under-eye Photo Op Brightener underneath my CDP concealer; both pair nicely together. I am on my 4th or 5th tube and will never be without this amazing and beautiful concealer.

on 3/28/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Do you HAVE to have this? no. it is a splurge at 70+. that being said, i really enjoy it. the quality is gorgeous and it has great coverage. i have had it for over 3 months and only used 1/4 of it so its not too insane. i also caught my husband using it and about chopped his digits off. i never noticed he was wearing concealer because this is so natural. highly recommend

Edit: I stopped using this for a while and had forgotten how much I loved it. Well, it's back in my beauty bag and people have commented how rested i look. That alone is worth the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I remember when my favourite Holt SA called me as soon as they had Honey stocked, and when I came in I was doubtful it would match my skintone. Although it's not a perfect match (I have to use Bobbi Brown's corrector first) the texture and pigmentation of the two combined is just perfect. Since there is no SPF, it's also ideal for photoshoots.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love, love, love this highly pigmented concealer!

I have a problem with my oily skin with anything staying put more than a couple of hours and this has clung to blemishes like glue. I use it sparingly under my eyes and it stays all day (I just use it in area closest to my nose don't go fully beneath my eyes).

I am extremely fair and the ivory blends in seamlessly. I was a little concerned based on some of the comments that I would have a problem as I typically can't find foundations that match, and always have problems with foundations and powders showing up as yellow on my skin but this blends right in flawlessly. I typically dab the stick on whatever I'm trying to cover, let it sit 30 seconds to a minute and then blend in with my fingers and set with Tarte Amazonian Clay powder.

Now to try the foundation!

on 2/24/2011 10:09:00 PM

I bought this in Japan in 2006, and have finally hit the bottom of the tube in 2011, so the price per wear ratio has been exceptionally good. I tend to only use it on spots and discoloration, by tapping it on with a finger. It looks like skin, but the staying power isn't great, although I am a bit oily skinned -- there's a bit too much slip. In comparison with the Laura Mercier secret camoflauge, this one has a lot more slip. I do feel like it looks much more natural and is quite a lot easier to work with than the LM concealer.

on 2/18/2011 11:35:00 AM

Love it. Keep trying others but this IS the holy grail.

on 2/10/2011 8:53:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE This product!!! Although it costs me nearly 100 as I cannot get it in the UK, shipping, custom charges nearly doubles the amount! At first I was not 100% sure about this product yes it creased it went cakey I was really disappointed, however after some research I figured out how to use it, using the same method as Kim K, it really did work well I have dark undereye circles well they are worse and sometimes not so bad but it is one of my most paranoid problem areas, I recommend this product but know how to use is, I used ochre btw. :)

Top Rated Cle de Peau Products