April 21, 2014 | 865 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by jenncolby

I tried to stay away from this for as long as I possibly could...it's 70 dollars for a concealer! But when my wedding came up, I really wanted to look my best, so I finally splurged. And I am so glad that I did. I wasn't worried about my dark circles on the big day at all! This concealer is a stick concealer but blends perfectly and covers better than any other concealer I have tried. It lasts all day! I will cry when I run out, but I will definitely start saving up for my next one! It's worth it to not have to search for the perfect concealer anymore and this one is great to travel with! I must say it was definitely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really did not want to like it. I paid $70 for this...it matches my NC 35 skin (Armani 6.5 and Armani 8 mix in Luminous Silk Foundation) pretty well. I have dark under circles and with this, I don't need it. I wear it in honey.

On the rest of my face, I find that I need to blend it to get rid of the edges; it is so pigmented that it doesn't quite match my face if I swipe it directly onto my skin from the tube. But once I blend it, it matches my skin surprisingly well. However you choose to apply it, the key is blending.

Under my eyes, I just need to put an eye cream on and wait for a few minutes for it to absorb, then I apply this with my fingers and I'm good to go!

Definitely HG for my eyes, it's a maybe for face concealer. This had better last me at least a year for the price! I'm not a stranger to high ends, but jeez, this took a chunk out of my pocket. Whatever, though, it was worth it!

Final words: It does not crease.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by vsparrow

My allergy related dark undereye circles are my biggest reason to wear makeup, so I totally justified the price of this after my favorite Trish McEvoy concealer duo was discontinued. I bought Ocher, which was best on me of the options but still a little dark on my jawline. Was surprised that for the price there wasn't a better range of colors. Sales person suggested buying 2 and mixing. At this price, I don't think so.

Pluses: nice texture, no fragrance, some yellow undertones instead of all being too pink.
Cons: didn't really work well -- made my undereye circles look "grayish", poor range of colors, expensive, poor staying power.

Bottom line - not worth the price. Maybe if you have the perfect match of their 4 options to your skintone, it is worth a try. Even so, it must be better for blemishes than undereye circiles. People come in far more than 4 colors too. I am now trying Becca concealer based on MUA reviews. It has a much wider range of shades and at $38 is a steal compared to C de P.

The sales lady told me it would last me "forever". After 3 months, I am at the end of the stick. I applied with finger, which does end up using more product, but even so! I wonder if with the new formula that people are writing about then they also decreased the quantity?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by deldar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it from Neiman Marcus for $70 and used it only once .then returned it . Beacuase:
first of all it didn't help that much to cover the dark circle and after few minutes beautiful dark circle started to appear , then it made the skin of my under eye so dry that wrinkles mimicked each other .
So just be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by shellster928

I have very dark circles and have medium-tan skin (a little lighter than NC140). I bought this concealer in Ocher (after much raving from Kim Kardashian) and, after using it today for the first time, have had people tell me that I look "different" and "more awake" and "more fresh". This is highly pigmented and goes on very well to skin; smooth finish. This got a 4 because of the price and the amount of product in the tube. Very expensive! and it doesn't seem as though there is much product in the whole tube! I am just hoping that it lasts a while because, so far, this is an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is THE best concealer....enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by katioopz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

BEST of THE BEST!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kozley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! HG! This is by far the best concealer I have ever used. It lasts all day even on my very oily skin in my humid, over 100 degree climate.

I do have a little creasing about 5 minutes after I put it on, but other than that this product is perfect. It covers my dark circles without settling into fine lines and really makes my eyes pop!

UPDATE: I switched to a lighter moisturizer (NeoCutis' Journee) and no more creasing! It's been 6 months since I purchased this and I still have half a tube remaining with daily use and I am still in love with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mkim12313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

oh lorday lordayyy
sooooo expensive i reluctantly handed over my credit card to the sales lady. but it was so worth it. this concealer does everything, i think its my HG. i have one deep wrinkle on my undereye and all the other concealers in the past have gone into that wrinkle which was a dead giveaway that i was wearing concealer. but nope this one covered it and stayed put. absolutely WONDERFUL. not drying but not too runny. perfect creamy formula. but i dont really have dark undereye circles so i dont know if i could say much for that aspect.
packaging is simple but elegant, very lightly scented i can barely smell it. highest quality makeup for sure. u get what u pay for and with this concealer u get a whole lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lornielou

What can I say? This product is very deserving of all the hype it gets. Conceals perfectly, blends beautifully, stays all day! I have a medium olive skin tone and use Ocher and it is an exact match for me. I used to be one of those gals that wouldn't go to work without foundation on but ever since I got this concealer I've just been touching up my blemishes and red areas with it and doing a light dusting of powder and that's it! I've triend Laura Mercier and found it too dry. I've tried LaMer concealer and found that it had staying power but none of the colors were an exact match for me. My best beauty purchase this year!