August 21, 2014 | 1877 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's an okay highlighter but I hate the packaging because it makes the application process a hassle and their are flecks of obvious glitter is it so it is not suitable for every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

while this is a great product, i hate hate hate hate hate the packaging. I hate most packaging from benefit to be honest, mostly because they're too focused on making it cute rather than functional. However, this is a really great highlighter as it spreads very smoothly and imparts a very nice subtle glow on my nc20/25 skin. It's not too shimmery. however, i find that it doesn't tend to last too long, maybe just a few hours and i'm much too lazy to reapply at work. I wouldn't buy it again if i ever run out since there's too many highlighters out there that i'd like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a small bottle of High Beam in my "Feelin' Dandy" lip and cheek hit. This is a very easily to use (practically fool proof) highlighter that is perfect for my ivory skin :) I use this highlighter everyday on my brow bones, high on my cheek bones and down the centre of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a tiny High Beam bottle as part of a gift package a couple of years ago and I didn't use it for a while as I wasn't too sure how to use it! A friend told me an assistant had used an illuminator on her cheeks and she looked like a light bulb so I steered clear for several months!

I regret this because now I couldn't imagine my daily routine without it! After some gentle instruction from a Benebabe in Boots, a few dabs under my brows looks divine! Very pretty and subtle but you can tell it's there, which gives brows a nice lift! My brows are very dark too so the contrast of pearly pink and Browzings on my brows looks very gorgeous (IMO). It still looks good after a full days wear and doesn't look patchy at all.

The big bottle is £18.50 I think, which I didn't think was too bad, as the mini bottle seems to be lasting me a while so I would be happy to purchase the bigger version should I run out. Super product :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Did nothing on my skin! Didnt highlight or anything.. Simply disappeared! I will give this a second chance, maybe apply differently and update again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this highlighter.
I'm not really into liquid highlighters - I really don't know how to work them! But this is great mixed with your liquid foundation - I personally loves mixing it with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It leaves my skin with a healthy summer glow which of course is perfect for summer time.
I don't like it directly put on my cheeks, I think that it's to hard to blend. But maybe that's just me. I have other powder highlighters who does the job way better!
But still a great highlighter, when you want to make your face glow in a beautiful way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pearlescent very light shade of pink that comes in a small package with applicator.the colour is one of my favorites and I would say it suits white (as in snow) to very light pale yellow skin tones.when I purchased it the skin tone on my face was very light yellow and the product creates a shimmer effect when applied along the contours of the cheek bone.it wont look good on orange brown pink red skins or skins that is having a variety of different colours on the face.it also wont look good on skin with brown spots (freckles), elevated brown spots (moles), permanent make up tattooed brown spots or permanent make up tattooed brown spots that have had a substance injected into them to elevate them 3 dimensionally from the face to create skin that isn't smooth to look at or touch and looks just like mole usually with a very thick hair (or multiple thick black hairs) implanted into it.it looks best on skin without pattern on the face and could only look good on people who has very young skin like a child as the make up products are designed to draw attention to the face so anyone with signs of damage or aging should avoid using this benefit product.I was working when I purchased this benefit product and it is quite expensive compared with cheaper brands but the cheaper brands don't make any product like this.
I would recommend this product to anyone who has a face like a child with no signs of aging and has one tone skin all over their face in white or very light yellow as it will really accentuate your beauty in a very natural and simplistic way.I wouldn't recommended using any other make up products with this as young skin doesn't need makeup and this is a highlighter to emphasis the natural beauty of youthful people who has these skin tones and there arnt many make up products that are designed to look good on these skins most are designed for darker skins and when peoples with lightest skins wear it they look like their advertising a product that was designed for someone else who doesn't look like them just like the fashions.

I won't purchase again as now my face doesn't look like a child anymore because my nose has changed my eyesockets hollowed out and forehead increased my face length by a few inches and hollowed
out what they call temples and my skin has changed colors and showing skin dehydration and damage and now I realised brown spots doesn't look nice.so it would emphasize these imperfections at a time in my life when I should be trying to hide them and not draw attention to my face damage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by milkmoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never thought id wave goodbye to YSL touché éclat for a Benefit product (all previous buys had left me disappointed and my skin feeling clogged) but high beam is very lightweight and leaves my skin looking so much more beautiful, hydrated and radiant. It has a hint of pink which really compliments my pale skin (would not recommend for you darker girls but they have a similar product that's more golden). My skin is harrowingly sensitive but this has not affected it at all. My only complaint is that after a few hours the effect dulls, but it is not drastic. You get a lot of product for what you pay so I think it's definitely worth it. Most other highlighters have left me with a powdery sort of false shimmery finish whereas this just makes my skin look really hydrated and healthy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

This went unused for a long time. I liked this once I finally started using it. It has a nice pearly finish. While its not bad I won't repurchase, since I have other highlighters I love a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryyy

Amazing product. Great quality luminosity for me personally. My go-to liquid highlight!

I bought this Christmas day at Ulta and I saw the rave reviews from beauty gurus on youtube and I took the plunge and fell for the hype.

I am glad I took the plunge! :)

My only issue: while the packaging is cute, I personally am not a fan of the brush connected to the cap. I rather have no brush since I apply this using my fingers and I have seen people use the brush, I find it not for me.

To each their own in terms of the brush attachment, I will buy this again it gets the job done in terms of getting a luminous shimmer! I use this a lot when I am too lazy to get my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in "Soft and Gentle"