BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 1/26/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really nice highlighter when I want that glowly look. I apply this on the my cheek bones, nose bridge and brow bone on top of my moisturizer before I apply powder. And it gives the subtle glow when the light hits certain areas of my face. The packaging is like a nail polish bottle but I don't like how it clumps on the stick of the applicator just like how a nail polish would. Maybe it would be better like a twist top instead. But the product is just wonderful. It is a little pricy it is AUD$40, however a little goes a long way so it will last a long while :)

on 1/25/2014 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this highlighter for when I want a dramatic highlight! It can look a bit light/stark against my tan skin so I save it for the winter when I want a bit more of a glow to my face. I love how versatile it can be! It can be mixed into a face cream, or mixed into a foundation, or mixed with a concealer. Or just used the "regular" way. I like to use it down my cheek bones and then stipple it with my fingers in quick tapping motions and then dust powder overtop and BAM good to go!

on 1/21/2014 11:45:00 AM

So as always the packaging is cute (if not a little unusual as it looks like nail varnish!) and the product is fantastic. it gives a really subtle shimmer and is easily blended. i just love it.

on 1/20/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Made me break out horribly in all the places I used it to contour when I got the mini stick version in Sephora's birthday giveaway.

Definitely won't be buying again.

on 1/18/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this product. So much.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this highlighter! It is absolutely amazing and gives me such a nice glow.

on 1/13/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm new to the benefit highlighter game and if I had to choose between this and watt's up, I'd the choose latter.

Still.

This is a good highlighter. Blends easily for me, does what I need it to do, lasts and gives me a little something extra to play with. Don't think I'd repurchase, but am glad to have tried it.

on 1/8/2014 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a great highlighter it is a cool toned pink champagne color. The quality of the product is on point. This highlighter has a light scent but nothing overwhelming and not really that noticeable once you have the product on your skin. The packaging is odd but it works, this highlighter comes in a nail polish style package with a brush. I apply the product to the back of my hand and work it into whatever area of skin I feel like highlighting.
I use this product a few different ways
-I mix it with my tinted moisturizer
-use it alone under my eyebrows, Cupid's bow, as a cheek highlighter
-use it mixed with argan oil on my arms, neck and upper chest area for that extra silky sexy look
-sometimes I mix it with my lotion and place it on my legs
A little bit of product goes a long way so you don't have to use that much of the product to achieve a beautiful highlight glow.

I wanted to like this stuff and when I first put it on, I loved the effect. Very subtle shimmer and beautiful youthful-making effect. But before you decide to buy it, know this: it has a film-forming ingredient- sorry, couldn't tell you what one- that makes it unsuitable for use over or under certain foundations- what you end up with is balling-up of the product and its just nasty, nasty, gross. Almost like little balls of dirty glue dotting your face.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Honestly, I was really disappointed with this product! No matter how little I use, it never looks natural. I end up with dried shimmery streaks on my face that won't blend into my foundation. It's really expensive and in my opinion looks very fake.I actually like Wet n' Wild's powder highlighter much better! It's a fine powder so it's less distracting then BeneFit's sparkly goo... it gives my face a nice natural glow and stays on well when I use a fixing spray

Video Reviews & Tutorials