I brought the WATERPROOF version of this mascara. The brush is very narrow, which is great for picking up small lashes. I had no clumps, and no falldown during the day....so thats the good.
The reason why I gave it a 2 overall is....Its so hard to remover it! i used a really good waterproof eye make-up remover and still it wasnt going anywhere. my eyelashes felt like there were covered in melted plastic. Eyelashes are very delicate, and I dont like rubbing them within an inch of there life. If you are thinking of buying this I would say try the non waterproof.
This is a good mascara for the price. It gives nice natural-looking volume, holds a curl and does not clump. A good everyday-mascara.
After finding this product (black) I've stuck with it for years. I strayed once each to Maybelline (far inferior), Diorshow and Philosophy but always came back! Works well, makes my ho hum lashes look good, easy to apply and good price. I only need one coat so it's fast. The reason I'm now discontinuing use is it gets a whopping 7 (high hazard) from the Cosmetics Database.
Even though I had used some of the most expensive high end make up brand's mascara this one beats 95 % of them, . It's not too expensive, and definitely does it job the way it's supposed to, doesn't crumble. doesn't leave any clumps, and provides proper lenght, and curls. So definitely worth trying if you're looking for your new adoration.
I really love this mascara! It adds so much volume and a bit of length to my medium length lashes. And the black colour is the blackest black i've ever seen in a mascara! It doesn't flake or smudge at all.
The reasons why I rate this 4 out of 5 is, that when i'm hurry in the morning and need to apply this quickly, it gets all over my eyelid because the brush is a little big for me. But well that's just my opinion.
I'VE FOUND THE BEST WAY TO APPLY THIS 2000 CALORIE MASCARA without getting it on your eyelids.
If you put some vaseline on your lashes before you go to bed (of course you have to remove the mascara first) then next morning your lashes will be much more voluminous and it's alot easier to apply the mascara. Just a tip! - So now I'm rating this 5 out of 5! :)
HG I love this, its volumising on my sparse blond lashes. I cheat and stray with other mascaras but always come back to this!
* My lashes - Stick-straight, sparse Asian lashes.
* Product - Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara (Curved Brush)
* Review - Recommended by YT guru, Lisa Eldridge, I decided to give this mascara a try. I have stick-straight thin lashes and while this mascara does indeed give my lashes more volume and definition and does not flake, unfortunately it does NOT hold a curl! I curl my lashes religiously with my trusty Shiseido curler before I apply mascara and I think the weight of this formula is an instant eyelash curl repellant. Additionally, I found that the curved brush does not work well with my almond eyes. I noticed that only after a month, the brush gets goopy with globs of product at the tip and at the base. So, not only do I have to clean off the excess globs of mascara before application, I have to use an eyelash comb on my eyelashes each and every time I apply this mascara. This is despite the fact that the mascara is indeed stored properly in ideal cosmetic storage conditions. Unfortunately, this particular mascara just did not work for me.
* Price - €10 at drugstores.
* Verdict - I will not repurchase.
I was very dissappointed in this mascara as I loved it years ago and was thrilled to try it again. I got it in deep auburn and the shade was great but it just didnt do much for my lashes even after several coats, maybe thickened and defined a little but no length or drama that I remembered from the past.
I love this mascara, its all i need to volume up my lashes. its by far the best i've tried. will repurchase :)
I'd wanted to try this for ages, as is the way with most cosmetic products these days. This is pretty good. It adds loads of volume to my lashes, doesn't smudge or flake whatsoever, and most importantly, is a really true black colour. For that reason alone, max factor 2000 calories really stands out to me. I love that it's easy to remove, too!