April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by fancynancy

This whitened my teeth the very first time I used it. If you read the fine print, it says it "begins" whitening after 5 minutes, and says you can leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, which I do. I drool (into a napkin) and my gag reflex kicks up, but it's so worth it. I've never had such good results. My whole face looks better with whiter teeth. It's like my teeth have come forward and my face looks better structurally (less plump!)!/ No sensitivity, but I tend to do it at night so they have all night to recover. Very happy.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my third tube of this stuff. I love it! My teeth aren't that fake white, but I don't want them that white anyways so I am happy with the white this makes them. My teeth are not yellow anymore and I can afford to buy this stuff as often as I need. I suggest leaving it on for at least 15 minutes at a time, I use it every 3 days or so to keep my teeth bright and white. Makes my red lipsticks look even better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Neelta

I have used this quite a few times its my go to whitening kit!!! I always untill I run out that is use a whitening toothpaste of some sort normally its either vivid white or creast prohealth plus whitening. But as soon as I stop using a whitening toothpaste even for a week my teeth for some unknown reason just look a few shades yellower. When that happens I buy this kit because in a few uses its noticably whiter but I use it longer than 5 minutes. maybe 15 and decrease the time as I use it.

PROS:
1. It really does whiten!!!
It whitens really really great especially for the price. I had a friend pay alot of money to get her teeth whitening, when she did she told me what a waste of money and time it was and that it hurt and it did not noticably whiten her teeth. Which honestly I could not even tell she did anything to them. After about a month she trierd this product and like me within a few uses she was seeing quite noticable results!

2.THE PRICE I love the price I can almost always afford it. Its only like $11.

3. It comes complete with a mouth guard, the gel, and the pre rinse mouthwash.

4. You can also buy the gel sepperate if you dont wanna buy the whole kit which still

CONS:
I think that the tube is kinda inconvienient when you start running low but then again what kind of tube is not!

I feel like once my teeth get to a certian shade they just dont get whiter than that shade. But then again the same have been true for other whitening products.

Over all I really love this product even without the price it works really well but the fact that because of the price I can efford to do this pretty much when ever I want makes it even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dreadedchinadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My background: I drink alot of coffee, tea, and soda. So my teeth is quiet yellow. I've been using the Crest 3D white strips and didn't get the results I was looking for.

I've only used this product 2 applications and wow. What a difference it has made to my teeth they look about 2 shades whiter! Prior to this I had been using the Crest 3D white strips (professional effects) and this works alot faster! Will not be spending my $$ on Crest white strips ever again. In my opinion this actually works better. The only reason why I didn't give this a 5* is because I haven't yet used this system in the 2 weeks as stated in the instructions and also the mouthguard that comes in the kit sucks! I would reccomend getting the full kit since the pre-rinse works very well to prepare your teeth for the whitening gel. Will update once the 2 weeks is up. So far I'm very very impressed & happy with the results that I currently have.

*** UPDATE ***
The results after 2 weeks are great, Hence my change from a 4* to 5* product. A plus side to this product is that I did not experience any type of sensitivity using this compared to the crest white strips which became painful that i had to stop. I couldn't be any happier with the results. Try it you won't be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim from SDM, on sale for $3.99 - it works wonders! I use it in conjunction with a boil and bite teeth whitening tray, squeezing a thin strip of gel in each tray. I keep it in for about 20 minutes and use it once a week to maintain my results. It's cheap and far more effective for me than Crest White Strips, Rembrandt 1 hour whitening and even Zoom whitening, done at the dentist's. Love it!

ETA: I started getting tooth and gum sensitivity after a while. To get around the gum/lip sensitivity, I recommend putting some vitamin E oil on a qtip and using it to coat your gums and lips. I also started using sensodyne to brush with and mix a tiny bit in with the plus white.

Also, if you're a coffee or tea drinker, my dentist recommends waiting a couple of hours after whitening to drink the beverage. (You can also use a straw which I do sometimes but I feel like a total dork and get comments from my co-workers. Anything to preserve my white smile, I guess!)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I initially purchased the kit that includes a pre-rinse and a mouthgard in addition to the tube of whitening gel (I think it was under $10 at Walmart). Love, love, love this stuff! I have to be VERY careful about any products I use on my teeth due to my sensitive (and probably thinning) enamel. Anything containing abrasives = I cannot use per my dentist. This stuff works for me in 3 uses. Love the mouthpiece (it reminds me of what you see football players and boxers put in their mouths - a sports guard.) Its cheap (whoo hoo!) It worx as well as the custom stuff I got at my dentist office for a lot cheaper!

My 2nd tube - I wish I had shaken it in Walmart prior to purchasing, but I had no idea to do so, and when I came home to use, discovered it was totally liquified + the silver seal was missing - CRAP! Had totally lsot the receipt too (which is soo not like me, especially in the span of a few hours!) So please be warned and shake your tube before purchasing - I did not dare use that tube = tossed it and purchased another (and yes, shook it in the store = no product moving about in the tube = good to go).

5 minutes to use, I have had NO tooth sensitivity and my dentist saw nothing negative on my most recent exam (and I had used 6x) - I did not tell him I was using this - just asked if there were any detrimental changes to my enamel.

Not only will re-purchase, have already done so! NOTE - my tube looks a bit different/updated from the image here, so I added another image in - my tube came in the blue box.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this product, it makes my teeth white and it works super fast. Usually my regimen with teeth whitening is, using Ultrabrite toothpaste, which I love also in conjuction with Arm and Hammer whitening boost. But every month or so I pick this up and use it for a powerful whitening and use the boost and the toothpaste for maintenance. I am giving this a 4 because when I tried using it the other day it turned into a liquid not a gel, it was almost gone but good enough for one last use. Don't know if it was sitting in the cabinet too long or what, but it was too runny to use. Otherwise good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by dee143

GOOD STUFF! I've been using this product for about a week now...and it is AWESOME! I noticed a difference after the second day...Love this and will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Jamkat412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered this on one of Kandee Johnson's videos and i had to try it after seeing how white her teeth are. Call me a sucker, but it was $6, so what was there to lose? NOTHING! This is absolutely amazing! It will addict you to whitening your teeth after you start seeing the immediate results! I noticed my teeth were whiter after the first use. I had previously used the crest strips which also work, but after a while i began encountering sensitivity. I did with this product too, but that's MY teeth. You may not have that same problem... BUT, if you do, i really really recommend getting sensodyne toothpaste and brushing with that a few times before/after/while using this. My teeth have become very sensitive when it comes to whitening but after brushing with that and then using this whitening gel, i don't feel a thing! It's better to have mouth trays or go the popular economy-friendly way and go mold your teeth into a mouth guard.. But i myself, apply this with a q-tip and leave it on for about 5-10 min without trays or anything holding it into place. It foams where applied and may sting your gums for a minute or two. If you do try it this way just make sure you do not swallow it! It just may be easier to use trays, and the product recommends it as well. So, it doesn't matter how you do it, but if this gel is on your teeth, they will whiten! I actually liked the smell, it was an almost spearmint type of smell, not bad at all. It tastes like hydrogen peroxide, but to me that doesn't matter. IT WHITENS YOUR TEETH. And it does a damn good job! It's not for smelling and tasting good! :) Over all, i will continue to buy this. The strips and all of those other methods really pale in comparison when you can get the same thing for a fraction of the price at almost any drugstore you can buy the $30-$60 strips at!!

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I watched a Youtube review about this product and thought give it a try. I've been using goSmile whitening kit before this - which doesn't work BTW. However, this one works like a charm for the fraction of the price. I bought this together with a pre whitening liquid that comes in as a kit. The liquid is wonderful too - used in lieu of toothpaste and you're supposed to follow with the gel. It really did make a huge difference in just two weeks. My teeth are 10x whiter now. The instruction said to cut down on the frequency after two weeks, so now I don't use it everyday - only 3x a week. HIGHLY recommended.