July 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by kirstiebegbie

i got this foundation after i went to the mac shop to get my makeup done for my formal, and the lady recommended this foundation as i wanted something with a light coverage. i love this foundation but the only down side is that it broke me out around my chin and side of the nose. the color selection is great they have yellow/netural/pink undertones and the amount of product you get is great for how much you pay. its very hydrating but if you do have normal/oily i would set this with a powder.

i personally wouldn't buy it again due to the fact that it broke me out

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall I would say this foundation is just okay. The 120ml bottle is great value for money as the watery consistency of the liquid means it goes far. This would be a good foundation for anyone seeking light coverage, but nothing more. It will not cover scars or pimples, and after a few hours I found it looked as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. I've used this when I'm running to the shops or down the street, as a BB cream sort of thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mackenziebadham

I purchased this after hearing good things about being able to build up the coverage and the color selection was decent. I should have known when I went in to be color matched and she just picked a shade and went with it that it wouldn't be a good start to my MAC face product journey. After trying it the next morning, I was appalled. The color was WAY off, even though it's the color I would have picked as well (C1), and it was a ridiculous consistency and coverage. I was very very disappointed. As for price and packaging- the price isn't terrible. It was $29 after tax which is still cheaper than most you can find at sephora or ulta. The packaging doesn't bother me but I can see it being an issue when you get closer to the end of the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Looked quite nice initially but after a few hours it looked horrible. It had settled into lines very badly and was way too oily (I had primed and powdered even though I'm not terribly oily). Definite 'no' from me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging is a plastic bottle which is handy for travelling. I believe its a water base thus it has a runny consistency. It has a build able coverage, but the finish is great (still looks like skin). It does last for bout 8 hours with powder ( i live in a humid weather ). Would definitely repurchase it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by dodo4

I don't like it at all! It's sheer and it doesn't cover almost anything. You can build it up but personally I don't want spend the time to build the foundation.Furthermore, it's not appropriate for acne-prone or oily skin. It makes the skin seem greasy. It must be though good enough for dry skin. Definitely wouldn't spend the money on that again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is now my second review on this product. I cant remember what i said in my last review other than i liked it alot. I am now onto my third bottle in N2. Now i have done more research, tried alot of other foundations, tried this foundation in many different scenarios (winter, summer, work, night, events, daily) with other products (mac studio fix powder, mac mineralize powder, nars creamy concealer, mac and nars blush etc) and brushes (real techniques, beauty blender) and application techniques (thin, layered, finger application, sponge, brush) and in comparison to every foundation i have tried this is by far the best looking one. It makes my skin glow. It doesnt look like makeup, just my skin but better! And it lasts all day with out creasing or moving with out the need for a primer or powder. Yesterday for example i had on loreal true match and it made me look weird and patchy. I had this on today for a 9.5hr shift in hospitality and it looked so natural and was so fuss free i didnt need to touch up or even think about my makeup. I have pimples on my chin and to cover i just put a second layer on. The more you blend this product into the skin the better it gets. You can apply it any way you want and it still ends up looking great. Seriously i think this is my HG foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Light and natural looking
-Doesn't feel heavy on the skin
-Sheer but buildable
-Won't accentuate dry skin
-Reasonable price for the product amount
-Long wearing

Cons:
-Can look shiny or greasy
-Won't cover darker skin unevenness (such as deep acne scarring)

Overall:
I bought the 120ml/4.0 fl oz bottle in C2, I love how much you get for the price. This is my favorite sheer-medium coverage foundation. The formula is watery and that makes it difficult to figure out the most practical way to apply this. I would say using a foundation brush, a stippling brush or your fingers (rather than a sponge) would be the best ways to apply this. As you're applying this it gets thicker while it sets. This foundation has buildable coverage, but it doesn't cover up my uneven skin tone. On my skin this looks and feels light and natural. It didn't clog my pores or break me out, and made my dry skin look nice a hydrated. It can look a little shiny or even greasy though, but that can easily be fixed with a light dusting of powder. I will definitely repurchase this for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I like this since I don't want to wear heavy foundations on my face on daily basis.
i have this in C2 for my NW25 skin.
it could be a bit shiny when applied, I dust some powder to finish it.
it is comfortable to wear, doesn't break me out.
the size and the price is reasonable, I would prob buy this again.
Comparing to LM tinted moisturizer, this is more liquidy, but the coverage is similar, I use powder to finish both.
LM is too pricy, so I would stick to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by aneezy

I purchased C3 summer 2012 and it was perfect for my Asian tanned skin. Fast forward to present day, i can honestly say you really get your money's worth! I'm not a big fan of layering my skin with a lot of products so a little bit of this goes a long way. The water based consistency is what i love the most because my skin is super dry and sometimes when i'm too lazy to put moisturizer first, this foundation works just fine (plus concealer for my under eyes, of course). The coverage is very light so if you're looking for a heavy duty make up, this is not for you.
Right now my skin isn't as tanned as i was in the summer, so i mix a little bit of this with my L'occitane bb cream in light (good for beige and pink undertone, both of which im not) to achieve the yellow-ness in my skin

However, I don't recommend this for those with oily skin and/or if you prefer a matte finish. I also don't recommend layering Face and Body with a setting powder, especially for dry skin, it just ends up looking flaky. Leave it as it is!