April 20, 2014 | 1582 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Erikahasani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

MAC has been one of my favorite make up brands for years, and this foundation was the first thing I ever purchased from MAC. It doesn't provide much coverage, since it's not meant to, but it gives the skin a fresh glow. I used it for a long time with my MAC mineralize skinfinish natural powder, for full coverage and it looks great, but even if used alone it has a slight tightening effect and it stays on all day.
I don't recommend it to anyone with acne-prone, or oily skin since it's very light and might leave the skin shiny and oily.
The price is not bad for a MAC product, and since it's light and doesn't age the skin, I think you should give it a try. It's a foolproof foundation. If you choose the right shade, and if it doesn't work on the face, it will definitely work on the body ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

In the winter I usually wear a cream foundation that tones down my age spots and ruddiness. In the summer, when I do not want to wear a lot of makeup, I use the MAC Face and Body. It has a light coverage and no it doesn't cover up a lot, even if you layer it. However, it does minimize a good deal of the redness in my face. I use a sun screen and this and am very happy with the end result. It lasts all day and I don't feel like I have a full face of makeup on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jaylee78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, I don't love it though. Pros: non-working, lightweight Cons: doesn't last all day and I don't find it all that buildable

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by xtamaar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i read online that this foundation is good for dry skin who dont need much coverage. so i thought i would give it a try. but i was disapointed. when you first put it on it looks nice but in a few hours it makes my skin dry and it looks like it not there anymore. i tried applying it in a few different ways but it never seems to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Coffeeberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the few foundations out there that won't flake up a storm on my fairly dry (despite moisturizer) face. That in itself wins all the points from me.

It's a very sheer foundation that you can build up to a light coverage. Medium coverage seems like a bit of a push but then again I haven't tried more than 2 layers because I fear the flake that's bound to come from rubbing your face too much. With two layers it does a good job evening out of the pink/red in my cheeks but the faded spot marks and a bit of the red splotches still remain a little visible. I'm okay with that though since I look a lot healthier overall and that's all I really want from my foundation. Blemish coverage should come from a concealer.

In my experience the foundation wears well over time, but that's probably because I have dry skin and use a Skindinavia fixing spray and powder afterwards anyway. For oily skin I can see this one getting oily quickly but it's nothing a little prevention and powdering can't fix.

I'd definitely pick this up again, in fact I'm buying another shade to mix my winter colour :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Itsdianaap

I just love the dewy look this foundation gives me! I'm going through my teen troubled skin years and I have blemishes and acne scars which are very noticeable.. I was very skeptically of buying this because I'm a person who needs fuller coverage but as soon as I bought this I used this trick from Pixiwoo, which is you mix the foundation on your finger tips till it gets tacky and you work the foundation into your skin the more you work it in the more coverage it gives. It's just amazing! I applied almost 3 layers of this foundation and my skin just looked flawless I still saw my skin show through but it covered everything I needed to cover it was just beautiful! It does have this sticky feeling afterwards but I don't mind I just really love this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Everything I knew about this foundation before I bought it, I learned from MUA reviews. If you have the time, definitely read through them; there's a ton of good information here.

I'm a smidge lighter than NC15, and leaning more neutral than yellow. I bought this in N2, since that is the lightest they had at my local Nordstrom counter. N2 is too dark and yellow for me. MAC sells a white F&B but I didn't really want to order that, so I just used the Temptu Aqua in White I had at home and mixed it with the N2 in a smaller squeeze bottle with some ball bearings to agitate. The Temptu is a liquid, water-based makeup created for airbrushing. Because they are both water-based, they mix together well. (Temptu also sells silicone and alcohol based makeup--don't use those. They are not compatible formulas.)

So far I've only applied this with my hands. I put a little puddle in my palm, dip a couple of fingers in, and firmly rub it into my skin in circles. I rub until the texture changes to a drier, stiffer feel. It's pretty crazy, really. Then I repeat on the rest of my face. Whatever is left in my hand, I rub between my palms and press my hands into my skin. Follow up with concealer if needed, a bit of loose powder, and that's it! It's really fast and looks really pretty. It's very dewy, sheer, polished, and fresh

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation actually drives me insane! Everything about it for me is perfect the texture is lovely the dewy finish goes perfect with my dry skin but I can't seem to get enough coverage! Argh!!! I keep playing with application because I've seen I few reviews that say it takes awhile to learn to work with buy at the moment as a daily use its going under my old foundation, it seems do be providing a nice finish actually :| I just wish I could use it as 1 foundation on its own. Oh actually 1 grumble would be the packaging the nozzle is messy and can cause waste if your not careful when squeezing the product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cmarie1

I love the texture feels like moisturizing water. Very sheer and light but still provides even coverage. Most of all you really can't tell your wearing foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sivananl

Awesome foundation for people that don't have much acne. It is super sheer, but definitely buildable, and feels super light. It also gives a very dewy finish to the skin. I apply it with my fingers, it feels just like a moisturizer does and I don't even feel like I'm wearing a foundation! I love this stuff!!