MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

4.7

on 5/11/2010 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This shade is a little bit more ivory than my skintone (NC15). I like the to use it as a matte highlighter on my brow bone because if I wear shimmer there I end up looking like a drag queen. I tend not to wear it on the lid as it falls a little flat as its too close to my skintone. It has a nice texture but for me Brule has has more pigment as my brush picks up more eyeshadow from Brule. They are interchangable shades for me. (Brule is a little warmer). I don't think BT is particularly unique as drugstores are starting to release matte shades now but it's a nice staple from MAC. When I run out I will prob stick with Brule rather than buy another Blanc Type. My HG brow bone highlighter is Boots no7 eyeshadow in Innonece as it's a pearlier, nicer Blanc Type imo.

on 5/9/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Not exciting, but serves its purpose well. I got this to wear for a job interview where I really needed to play it very, very safe and not risk having any glitter or pizazz at all. It brightened my eyes and made me look polished without looking unprofessional or risque at all, in any conceivable way. I have had luck using it to tone down bright colors or lighten dark colors, which has added versatility to my other shadows. I have also used this to highlight the brow bone but find it a little too sheer on me. The texture is nice, but I had to apply a lot to make any show up - it is not significantly more pigmented than face powder; for that, I give it 3 lippies instead of 4. All in all, n ot the most exciting shadow, but it fills a niche.
UPDATE: this is so very useful in blending with others that I'm bumping up to 4. I think this is to me what Brulee is to a lot of people. It's become a staple.

on 4/22/2010 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

perfect creamy white ivory highliter or base for lid. well pigmented and easy to apply as it is a matte2 MAC!

I could not imagine anyone not owning this color.

on 4/22/2010 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I want to look really flawless, I use this to highlight under my brow bone. It dosent have ANY shimmer and the texture is AWSOME! I actually used it on one of my really light skinned friends as an under eye concealer and she asked me, what concealer is that? It didnt run the whole day! idk what mac color she is in foundatiob but probably one of the lightest ones. I am an nc40 and this looks good with browns or as an eyebrow lighlighter.

Skin: Other, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Best texture and pigmentation, matte, but not chalky! Goes on like a dream and covers little wrinkles and the "old-age-look" (pardon my english) of my 49-Years old skin in the lid-area. Whish, I could find such a product for the whole face!
Yes, It is a light colour- creamy beige, but not white - and you have to know, how to use it. Perhaps on a very fair skin with some crease-colour, Mascara, Eyeliner and a red lip, or for darker looks as a highlighter; for a twilight-look or for the Look of the "White Queen" in Alice.
Very glad, that I found it!

on 3/27/2010 2:28:00 PM

I got this since I want a nice matte highlighter. I know the texture is divine b/f I got it since I love copperplate, another matte2 shade.

This is nice but it's too pink for me or too light. Not sure, but it doesn't look that natural. I have light olive Asian Skin--around NC 30.

If I blend it out, it's better but I think it's more suited towards someone with pink complected skin.

I want to get BB Bone- a matte shade that leans yellow than pink.

Overall-very lovely texture. I hope they do come up with a yellow based highlighter in matte2 formula.

p.s. some highlighter in the 88 matte palettes are nice and have similar matte2 texture if you're on a budget.

*edit*
I like this e/s much better now that I have shaped my brows. I was growing out my brows. So, when I applied this, it actually got on top of my brow hairs and it gave an ashy look to it. I love this highlighter now! LOL

on 3/22/2010 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is def a must have eyeshadow for me, i use it in almost every eye look. The texture is sooo amazing and the pigmentation is awesome. Great allover color or highlight.

on 3/20/2010 2:21:00 PM

(long review a head, if you want a quick summary, jump to the end)

I use this colour almost everyday as a highlighter. I don't have a huge amount of make up and have only really taken it up as an all out passion in the last year and a half-ish. Because of this, my make up tastes have been slow to evolve. The reason I bring this up is because I am drawn to shimmery or glittery finishes in my eyeshadows (which tend to be easier to apply than matte shades), and I once bought a matte e/s I returned because I couldn't get it to work for me. I do love mac shadows that have a glow and glimmer to them BUT when your lid colour AND crease colour AND browbone highlight all have reflecting finishes it's glitter ball city! And that's not a great look. Let's be honest, make up looks so much more interesting when there is a balance of finishes. That's why I love TYPE BLANC, I can indulge in my craving for something with some shimmer and then highlight under my brows in a subtle way. The colour is there (and very easy to work with, matte2 are more creamy) but it's not distracting from whatever magic I'm making in the crease and on the lid. I use this e/s almost everyday. I will try other highlighters, but I suspect that I will buy this again should I ever run out.

Side note: The reason I got this e/s in the first place is because I was looking for a natural eye look and stumbled across an article about the make up artist that worked on Twilight. BLANC TYPE is one of the three colours used on Stuart in the film and I am very pleased with all three shades.

In summation:
I like this product a lot. East to work with. A dependable highlighter. Will most likely get it again.

on 3/14/2010 11:42:00 PM

I was hoping this might be a nice replacement for my LE Femme Fi that is almost gone. Shroom is ok, but just a neutralizer...no oomph. Dazzlelight is great, but fits better on when I wear purples, burgandy's, reds. I was hoping Blanc Type would be a great highlighter/all over wash and brighten my eyes the way Femme Fi (Or even Dazzlelight or Shroom) do...but also with that "wow" factor I get from Femme Fi. When I put on Blanc Type...my eyes looked gray and sickly. It made the natural color in my cheeks look weird cuz my eyes were so pasty. Kind of vampire like. I am so bummed, from all the reviews I expected such awesomeness. FYI I am NW20 (which might be the problem...I think this is just way too cool for me) with dark brown eyes and dark brown, almost black hair. If you need warm colors stay away from Blanc Type. Also please note on me Femme Fi warms up my whole face and makes my brown eyes so bright and beaming. FF pulls out the gold in my eyes and makes them sparkle. Blanc Type made me feel like and extra on the set of Twilight.
EDIT 3/22/10: I almost spit out my coffee laughing when I saw finepoint mention in her review above that this color was used on one of the characters in Twilight! I guess I nailed the color pretty well!

on 3/14/2010 2:24:00 PM

My HG highlight color. I used to consider Brulé my favorite, but as soon as Blanc Type entered my collection, it kicked Brulé's a** LOL I love that it's matte, whiteish, creamy textured. Staple ! Staple !

Top Rated MAC Products