April 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is def a must have eyeshadow for me, i use it in almost every eye look. The texture is sooo amazing and the pigmentation is awesome. Great allover color or highlight.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by finepoint

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

(long review a head, if you want a quick summary, jump to the end)

I use this colour almost everyday as a highlighter. I don't have a huge amount of make up and have only really taken it up as an all out passion in the last year and a half-ish. Because of this, my make up tastes have been slow to evolve. The reason I bring this up is because I am drawn to shimmery or glittery finishes in my eyeshadows (which tend to be easier to apply than matte shades), and I once bought a matte e/s I returned because I couldn't get it to work for me. I do love mac shadows that have a glow and glimmer to them BUT when your lid colour AND crease colour AND browbone highlight all have reflecting finishes it's glitter ball city! And that's not a great look. Let's be honest, make up looks so much more interesting when there is a balance of finishes. That's why I love TYPE BLANC, I can indulge in my craving for something with some shimmer and then highlight under my brows in a subtle way. The colour is there (and very easy to work with, matte2 are more creamy) but it's not distracting from whatever magic I'm making in the crease and on the lid. I use this e/s almost everyday. I will try other highlighters, but I suspect that I will buy this again should I ever run out.

Side note: The reason I got this e/s in the first place is because I was looking for a natural eye look and stumbled across an article about the make up artist that worked on Twilight. BLANC TYPE is one of the three colours used on Stuart in the film and I am very pleased with all three shades.

In summation:
I like this product a lot. East to work with. A dependable highlighter. Will most likely get it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this might be a nice replacement for my LE Femme Fi that is almost gone. Shroom is ok, but just a neutralizer...no oomph. Dazzlelight is great, but fits better on when I wear purples, burgandy's, reds. I was hoping Blanc Type would be a great highlighter/all over wash and brighten my eyes the way Femme Fi (Or even Dazzlelight or Shroom) do...but also with that "wow" factor I get from Femme Fi. When I put on Blanc Type...my eyes looked gray and sickly. It made the natural color in my cheeks look weird cuz my eyes were so pasty. Kind of vampire like. I am so bummed, from all the reviews I expected such awesomeness. FYI I am NW20 (which might be the problem...I think this is just way too cool for me) with dark brown eyes and dark brown, almost black hair. If you need warm colors stay away from Blanc Type. Also please note on me Femme Fi warms up my whole face and makes my brown eyes so bright and beaming. FF pulls out the gold in my eyes and makes them sparkle. Blanc Type made me feel like and extra on the set of Twilight.
EDIT 3/22/10: I almost spit out my coffee laughing when I saw finepoint mention in her review above that this color was used on one of the characters in Twilight! I guess I nailed the color pretty well!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by MadHatress

My HG highlight color. I used to consider Brulé my favorite, but as soon as Blanc Type entered my collection, it kicked Brulé's a** LOL I love that it's matte, whiteish, creamy textured. Staple ! Staple !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by briii

this is another of my favorite highlight colors. if you read other reviews on eyeshadows from me you'll notice that i have a lot of favorite highlighting colors from mac. but this is in my top 5 :) its a great color. i use it when i dont want any shimmer in my eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by GiGiBean703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG highlight color. I love using this when I have shimmer on my lid to even the look out. I've gone through tons of these and could never be without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by footballqueen07

Beautiful !! I love a good matte colour. This shade is great for the inner corner of the eye and the brow bone because it brightens without looking chalky. I hate the frosted look of shades like Phloof for example. Blanc Type has a beautiful light beige undertone that makes it wearable anytime, anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY hilight I use lol. I don't wear shimmery eyeshadows that much anymore and I've gotten into using mac eyeshadows like a mad man! This is awesome! It is just a whiteish color and it rocks lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this color...it goes with pretty much everything and can be used as a highlight color too. I find it super blendable and long lasting. I tire of colors very easily, but I see repurchasing this just because it is so universal. If you are just starting out with MAC, this would be a good one to start with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, LOVE Blanc Type! This eyeshadow is definitely count a staple for me. I have a pro pan of Blanc Type in my mac quad, and a pot of Blanc Type in my makeup bag. This eyeshadow matches my very fair skin, and is just so useful for brightening my morning eyes in a hurry, brushing it over my lids, at the inner corners of my eyes, and all around my eye socket area beneath the brow. If I end up wearing colored eyeshadow, I'll use Blanc Type to clean up harsh lines, and fix mistakes (like when I accidentally brush my crease color too high up near my browbone). I brush it around the outer corners of my eyes and below my eyeliner to catch any smudges or stray shadow.

Would never want to be without Blanc Type! Try it if you're NW10/15, or just want a lid brightening shade. This would make a wonderful matte highlight on darker ladies. I've gone through 2 pans of blanc type, and will keep buying it as long as they make it (and as long as I wear eyeshadow!). :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No