November 28, 2014 | 1270 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Hide the Blemish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by liananica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Ivory 001 for covering up pimples and red blemishes. It does a fine job in this departament.
I tried it for my under-eye circles and I didn't like it at all, it made even more visible the few fine lines that I have under the eyes. And after 2-3 hours it's not there anymore, so you need to reapply.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Everyone seems to be commenting on how well this product blends and glides on, so unless I got a dodge product I have to disagree. It is very dry, which makes it hard to blend and just too apply at all. Even when it does apply, it has the ability to cake over large blemishes and crack which looks awful. It doesn't work with my concealer brush, better off with just using my hands for this one. As for under eye circles, I would say it does a 75% job and although the concealer is very well colour matched to my skin it doesn't really match my foundation... and after applying you can still see a bit of the dark circles.

I always preferred liquid/moose concealers but my friend had commented on how great this one was so I gave it a try. I am not too disheartened as it was discounted (off the already very cheap price) so it didn't cost too much and I will use it as a back up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by slone76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product, it's cheap that's a plus but if you have oily skin....it should read "Produce the Blemish" on the brand. This product is great at sliding on perfectly, but that's the thing, it "slides." If you have oily, acne proned skin, and you are looking for a blemish to be covered for the day, this will not work for you. It would be a great product for extremely dry skin, and that's it! I bought one tube, and ended up using it on my eyelids for a base, and it didn't work well there either. Too greasy, colors are too off for anyone with olive skin tones, and it is so shiny in the tube that it reminds me of the lipstick that is in the play makeup kits that young children use to pretend they are wearing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by pixelprincess

This is one of the best concealers I've used. It is very creamy and it takes some effort to blend. I use it to cover under eye circles and the occasional spot. The ivory works very well with my skin tone. It is a little heavy and I always set it with powder but I suspect if you didn't set it with powder it might slide off.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by XhoneydewX

I bought this product because I realized that I needed a good concealer. The colour I have (ivory in winter. I only bought it in about march and I havent had a chance to tan much yet so Im not sure what my summer shade is) matches my skin pretty well, but I wouldnt say they have the best selection.

As for coverage, I mostly use this to cover around my nose and the veins on my eyes, even though the product is for blemishes. I use this on fading pimples, as I dont want to attract more dirt to it as soon as I see a big red one. But for something really red I would definitely recommend using a green concealer underneath.

The packaging is good, I like that it doesnt come in a pot because I hate sticking my fingers in those, or a liquid with a wand because those never cover.

Overall, for covering pimples I wouldnt say it does too good of a job, but I dont use it for that purpose anyway so I guess I didnt lose too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by oddestone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product on sale a couple of days ago, and I needed a new concealer for the summer. I got what I believe to be the 'golden beige' colour, and I think that it matches my skin tone pretty well.

For those of you who are cheapos like me, this product is worth the money you spend on it. That means that it isn't very good, and you can definitely find better quality buys for your buck. However, i didn't find this product horrible either. I found it very hard to blend, and i had to reapply it multiple times to completely hide the blemish. I don't hate it though, and I have yet to break out from it. This is also because i only apply small amounts to certain spots of my face, and I don't use foundation in the summer. I like it because it's pretty easy to apply, and I'm personally a fan of the lipstick-style concealers. I think they're a lot easier to handle than the liquid concealers.

Is this a product that I would recommend? No, not really. If you want an easy, cheap concealer that you're not going to fully depend on it, then sure, go for it. But if you're a serious concealer user that really cares about what the quality is of the thing that's going on your face, your best bet is to look somewhere else.

There aren't very many super-great cheap concealers out there, but my bet is that there are better ones than this one. This is a good start, though..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I fouind this to be a heavy concealer that was too oily, it settled into the fine lines around my eyes. will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula is really stiff and hard to blend. I can't even put it on pimples when I have them cause this thing is so hard it'll pop the pimple *shudder*.
Also, it dries to an oily finish which doesn't work with my already oily skin.
Then only good thing about this is it's alright for undereye circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Levinn

I used this concealer for my blemishes and acne scars - not for undereye issues, so I can't rate for that.

The consistensy is creamy, and dries to a powdery, oily finish. It has little to medium coverage - unable to completely cover redness or darker acne scars. This isn't /that/ bad, since I can always layer a powder or cake on a little bit more to cover (I don't mind cakiness since my natural oils work to make everything fine in just a few hours).

HOWEVER, the thing I HATED was how I started to get cystic acne. It didn't work immediately, and I didn't even realize how bad it was until I realized how MUCH it HURT. I had been using it on pimples on the side of forehead and on my left cheek - just TWO, and these places became HUGE breakouts, and I STILL have scarring. This was back in mid/late winter of '09 too.

OK. When I stopped using this, suspecting this the culprit, I had to immediately let my skin take a break, go back to OCM and pamper my skin with all natural goodies, etc. Finally, after 2/3 months, I'm back to normalness. I STILL have to use concealer for these spots, and I'm using max factor pan-stick for this - an AMAZINGLY pigmented cream foundation/concealer. I use it as a concealer for the spots and a bit for foundation over large pores and whatnot.

It's WAY WAY better than this rimmel concealer, but it's dc'ed in the US. >:( WHY?!?!?!

CONCLUSION: If you have acne-prone skin, DO NOT buy this. THis is the absolute first time that my super - tough Asian, unreactive skin broke out this badly to a makeup product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by fallaciousimage

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I got this in golden beige and it was a perfect match (only when i'm tan though) and I feel it actually does a decent job at concealing. But the staying power isn't very great.
The color range isn't great because once i'm not tan anymore none of the colors match my skin.
It is very effective at treating pimples though, I put them on as soon as i feel one coming and it greatly reduces the pimple. This is how I keep my skin flawless, so if you bought it already but the shade doesn't match , you can still use it to effectively treat pimples.
It's also a great primer for eyeshadow, as it makes them stand out more :P

Overall, it's an alright product I would've given it a 3.5 but they don't have many shade choices so i can't really use it.