July 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Hide the Blemish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by oddestone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product on sale a couple of days ago, and I needed a new concealer for the summer. I got what I believe to be the 'golden beige' colour, and I think that it matches my skin tone pretty well.

For those of you who are cheapos like me, this product is worth the money you spend on it. That means that it isn't very good, and you can definitely find better quality buys for your buck. However, i didn't find this product horrible either. I found it very hard to blend, and i had to reapply it multiple times to completely hide the blemish. I don't hate it though, and I have yet to break out from it. This is also because i only apply small amounts to certain spots of my face, and I don't use foundation in the summer. I like it because it's pretty easy to apply, and I'm personally a fan of the lipstick-style concealers. I think they're a lot easier to handle than the liquid concealers.

Is this a product that I would recommend? No, not really. If you want an easy, cheap concealer that you're not going to fully depend on it, then sure, go for it. But if you're a serious concealer user that really cares about what the quality is of the thing that's going on your face, your best bet is to look somewhere else.

There aren't very many super-great cheap concealers out there, but my bet is that there are better ones than this one. This is a good start, though..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I fouind this to be a heavy concealer that was too oily, it settled into the fine lines around my eyes. will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula is really stiff and hard to blend. I can't even put it on pimples when I have them cause this thing is so hard it'll pop the pimple *shudder*.
Also, it dries to an oily finish which doesn't work with my already oily skin.
Then only good thing about this is it's alright for undereye circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Levinn

I used this concealer for my blemishes and acne scars - not for undereye issues, so I can't rate for that.

The consistensy is creamy, and dries to a powdery, oily finish. It has little to medium coverage - unable to completely cover redness or darker acne scars. This isn't /that/ bad, since I can always layer a powder or cake on a little bit more to cover (I don't mind cakiness since my natural oils work to make everything fine in just a few hours).

HOWEVER, the thing I HATED was how I started to get cystic acne. It didn't work immediately, and I didn't even realize how bad it was until I realized how MUCH it HURT. I had been using it on pimples on the side of forehead and on my left cheek - just TWO, and these places became HUGE breakouts, and I STILL have scarring. This was back in mid/late winter of '09 too.

OK. When I stopped using this, suspecting this the culprit, I had to immediately let my skin take a break, go back to OCM and pamper my skin with all natural goodies, etc. Finally, after 2/3 months, I'm back to normalness. I STILL have to use concealer for these spots, and I'm using max factor pan-stick for this - an AMAZINGLY pigmented cream foundation/concealer. I use it as a concealer for the spots and a bit for foundation over large pores and whatnot.

It's WAY WAY better than this rimmel concealer, but it's dc'ed in the US. >:( WHY?!?!?!

CONCLUSION: If you have acne-prone skin, DO NOT buy this. THis is the absolute first time that my super - tough Asian, unreactive skin broke out this badly to a makeup product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by fallaciousimage

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I got this in golden beige and it was a perfect match (only when i'm tan though) and I feel it actually does a decent job at concealing. But the staying power isn't very great.
The color range isn't great because once i'm not tan anymore none of the colors match my skin.
It is very effective at treating pimples though, I put them on as soon as i feel one coming and it greatly reduces the pimple. This is how I keep my skin flawless, so if you bought it already but the shade doesn't match , you can still use it to effectively treat pimples.
It's also a great primer for eyeshadow, as it makes them stand out more :P

Overall, it's an alright product I would've given it a 3.5 but they don't have many shade choices so i can't really use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by AndeeMode

This is a pretty good concealer. Pretty creamy, goes on smooth :) The coverage is great for minor blemishes. Doesn't go on cakey, and blends very well. I like the packaging, but prefer to use a small concealer brush to dot product on my problemed areas. This can be used under your eyes as well because it isn't to thick. I bought this on a whim because I was browsing the makeup...as always... :D and I really love this stuff. I throw it in my purse and makeup bag for times when I may need to do my makeup quickly because it works well alone, without powder. It comes in a good selection of shades as well :) I bounce around two colors, & both match really well. I would definitely recommend this concealer, and will repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Pinkiefoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An absolutely awesome concealer. I never used a concealer before and this was the first one I got; it's amazing. Really love the coverage, it's not too heavy. It's nice and compact so you can carry it with you in your bag and whatnot. It's cheap and lasts really long; I've been using it for a couple of months now and I'm still only just halfway done the whole stick. I'd definitely buy this again.

*edit*
After prolonged used I found that this product was really drying. I decided not to buy this one anymore; instead I'll be using the Mary Kay concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by gcgirlzprez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The only reason I bought this was because I was looking for a nice concealer and this one was on sale. It had a minor dent in it, so it was on clearance at the drugstore, so I decided to get it. I didn't expect it to be so great, but it was! I have it in 001 ivory which is a perfect match to my skin when blended in properly. I just swipe it on, put a little transparent powder over it for a nice smooth finish, and voila! Perfect!
The consistency is great, and the packaging is nice too. I think I bought this for about 3.50 so I got a great deal.
The only con I can think of for this product is it does leave your skin oily if you put to much on, so use sparingly. A little goes a long way with this concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by thesachiba

I have this in soft honey. I like this because of its creamy consistency. I put a a few spots of this all over my face, then blend it out w/ a foundation brush. I find it can cover my redness and old scars well (I don't have any zits or pimples at the moment). Then I use a mineral foundation over it and my makeup looks flawless right after. However, 3-4 hours later, I start to look very oily and then I have to blot. I usually have to blot about 6-7 hours later after putting my makeup on, so I was surprised I got oily that fast. So people considering getting this, if you have oily skin, it can make you oilier. Just be prepared to blot very soon after using this. I really like the coverage, so I could consider buying this again when I'm through w/ mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Honestbeauty

As concealer for pimples this doesn't work, it's to greasy for girls with oliy skin. But as under eye concealer this is the best concealer i've ever had! It really covers enormous so you have to blend in really well to get a natural look