December 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Mlyssailes

Bought the sample size. It was a good thing too, broke me out. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish this product worked for me. I have sensitive combination skin and was looking for something to minimize pores and keep my makeup looking fresh. This keeps my makeup looking good for several hours and has a nice matte finish. It does a decent job of controlling oil, too. It doesn't make my pores disappear, but it does a good job of keeping my makeup from sinking into them.

BUT this stuff makes me break out. I wish I'd realized before I bought the full size bottle. I was really surprised, because the regular Smashbox Photo Finish never broke me out and this stuff is supposed to be better for acne-prone skin. But every time I use this stuff I get several pimples a few days later, even if nothing else about my makeup routine has changed. So, I'll have to keep looking for a primer that works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was way to expensive just to make it easier to apply foundation. This didn't make my foundation stay any longer than normal. The only thing it did was make my foundation blend easier than if I didn't buy this over priced goo. Not worth it to me. I have found better more inexpesnive ways to make my foundation easier to apply and last longer. I tried to like this and see a difference everytime I used this product but nothing ever changed and I wll not be buying this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good primer I like it! It helps foundation stay on & makes skin feel soft. Helps pretty well with oil control, although since this is my first primer I don't have much to compare it to. Some people said this evened out their skin tone, which it didn't do at all for me as it dried clear, but i wasn't expecting it to do that anyway. It has a kinda weird smell...It kinda smells like elmer's glue. But after it dries, you can't smell it, so it doesn't matter. I do think this is a good product, My only wish is that it did something for my skins Texture...my face still looks sort of crusty after applying foundation, as I have a pretty rough face texture from lots of acne, specifically on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is my HG. I refuse to wear makeup without it. I love this primer. It makes my face look flawless, even if I wear it alone without any makeup. It feels silky & smooth as soon as I put it on my face. This works probably better than anything I've ever used on my face. This doesn't make me break out, so it's great for sensitive skin. It controls oil VERY well. I was very surprised, because I've never seen another product control oil as well, & for as long as this one does. I put it on in the morning, & by the end of the night my face still looks flawless with no oil. I would definitely reccommend. I love the bottle it comes in. It pumps out easily, no mess and never a hassle to get all the product out. It is expensive, but it lasts me anywhere from 3-5 months & I use it everyday. A little goes a long way, you don't need a lot for it to work. I wish this came in professional sized bottles because I use this everyday, so for me it would be worth it to buy a professional size. Even though this is an expensive habit, I will keep buying this. I can't stray away from it. My makeup does not look the same without it. Definitely worth every penny. Most of my friends & co workers love this as well. But, from reading the other reviews on here, I see that there are many people who this did not work for. I would definitely suggest going & getting a sample of this from Sephora before you spend the money on this. It works differently for everyone, depending on what type of skin you have/type of makeup you use. There are also many different variations of this primer that Smashbox made to match all different skin types (which was well thought out, in my opinion). It shows they're really trying to please all their customers at once.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dearlymakeup

PROS
I wanted to like this product. It sounded perfect for my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

I loved the texture of the product and look of my skin a few minutes after applying. I like the lightweight plastic tube it comes in!

CONS
Anytime I apply my high-end foundations (Chanel Vitalumiere, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, MUFE Mat Velvet +, Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation) on top of this primer I end up with dry patches and a tight feeling across my skin, I have never experienced this when wearing those foundations without this primer. I have also tried skipping any application of light setting powders and this didn't help at all.

I naturally have oily enough skin that foundation tends to seperate a bit after about 5 hrs if I don't wear a primer and setting powder or setting spray. Perhaps the problem is that everything I put on my face now is long-lasting and oil-controlling. Who knows?

What I'm not going to do is buy the full sized version of this primer. I like all of my foundations for different reasons and if they do better without this pricey primer, then I say 'Hooray' to that.

Here's what I wear coverage-wise on a daily basis when there's little humidity and I just sit at a desk for most of the day:
1. ...a variety of primers till I find one I like
2. Vitalumiere Aqua or Shiseido SP Liquid foundation
3. Bobbi B. Stick concealer or Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer
4.. MUFE Fix and Set spray

I would not suggest this for anyone who already uses a long-lasting or oil-controlling foundation, a foundation with alchohol (sorry Vitalumiere Aqua...you're getting ousted), or a setting spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

I have never used a foundation primer before. I've heard many raves about this product so I was curious and decided to give it a go. I chose the photo finish light primer as I have very oily skin. I'm not fond of the gluey-ish scent but I was amazed at how the primer mattified my face but didn't look drying. It absorbs into my skin and leaves a nice smooth finish. I didn't notice a difference when I applied it before foundation, however I did notice that it helped my foundation last longer. I'd say after 10hrs (for me) it starts to fade but not dramatically. I usually get shiny/oily after 2hrs after applying foundation but when I used this primer it extended an hr or two. I still have to touch-up but no more than two times which is great because I usually have to touch-up my makeup at least 3-4 times a day which is annoying. Overall, I think this is a great investment if you have very oily skin like I do. It is expensive but at the same time you get what you paid for and it's definitely worth getting if you're looking for a new primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally got this product after eyeing it for the longest time. I really needed a good primer, but I am also a student with limited funds. So I finally picked up the $10 trial size at Sephora one day.
I absolutely love this! When you first put it on, its really light and is actually kind of.. minty? It cools your face and calms my skin. It makes my face so smooth! its really amazing. I only wish that it had a tad bit more oil control, but this does a decent job.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by fuudandbits

I've gone through two or three tubes of the 60ml version of this primer, definitely and my HG. I did however switch it up to the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating primer this winter as my skin has been acting up with dry patches.

I do however love this primer in the Spring and Summer months, worked amazingly well with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation (I've since switched my make up routine).The MU did mention there were customers that said it didn't work with MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

I did try a sample size of the original Photo Finish which had more a of a silicon feel which i found to be too oily on my combination skin. Definitely worth a shot if you've got combination / more oily types of skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by sweevey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this primer to be a nice surprise after I used the regular Smashbox Photo Finish, which didn't do anything for my skin. After I cleanse and moisturise I apply Photo Finish Light to my t-zone, then I apply my foundation. It definitely makes my base last longer throughout the day, I would say after 5-6 hours my base starts to fade. I do get oily after 3-4 hours, so I blot and powder but I don't think this is a big deal.

I wouldn't repurchase as I'm keen to try Smashbox Anti-shine. This is a nice product and definitely better than the original, however I feel I could still find something a little more tailored to my oily skin. It prolongs my foundation wear but doesn't do a major job on keeping me shine free for a great length of time.