Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 6/22/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on the hunt for a good primer and I do like this one, although I don't see much difference between this and others I've tried (Lancome, Tarte, Avon Magixx). It, like the others, creates a smooth surface for foundation, controls the oilies, and helps make up really last. The thing I had to learn was the correct amount to use. It only takes a tiny bit, less than 1/2 of the size of a TicTac. Anymore than that, it balls up & it negates all of the wonderful things it does! My fac then becomes an oil slick and makeup disappears in a few hours.
I would love this IF it had SPF. I also think it maybe overpriced when there doesn't seem to be much difference in the primers I've tried. It all depends on your preference to the "feel" of the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the best primer if you wear sunblock. It's the only one I've tried that combats the oil and prevents it from ruining my makeup. Definitely a keeper in this TX heat.

on 6/8/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading so much reviews about this primer, I decided to buy it. I have oily skin and this primer is magical! :) My face starts shining a little after 3-4-5 hours (without Smashbox it strats after 1 hour), so definetely buy it if you have oily skin! ;) The only thing I really don't like is the smell, but...

on 6/6/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am SHOCKED that more people don't find this product FANTASTIC! I have "shiny" skin all the time. I used their Photo Finish Oil Free first. Yuck. The Photo Finish LIGHT is the way to go. Apply after skin care regiment. Wait 2 minutes...and watch the magic. It keeps all my makeup in place. AND I don't shine at all...ALL DAY. Great product. It took me 8 primers before I found this godsend. I have repurchased 2x now.

on 5/30/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

its a nice primer. does the job, not sure if it breaks me out or not. price is too high.

on 5/27/2012 7:40:00 PM

I started using this product 2 Weeks ago. I have tried many primers that would help control the oil and this one is the one that worked for me. My face usually gets oily about an hour to two hours after I put on my makeup. With this primer I noticed my face doesn't get as oily and I can go about four to five hours before I have to blot the oil off my face. It does help my makeup lay a little longer. The only problem with this product is the school glue smell when you first apply it on. I like that it is matte and makes my skin look flawless.

on 5/18/2012 6:40:00 PM

G-R-E-A-T!

on 5/17/2012 3:06:00 AM

I used this for quite sometime because of all the good reviews. It didn't do anything special in regards to my liquid foundation. I could not tell a difference from when I wore the primer and when I didn't. This also made my break out a little. I recently switched to Hourglass primer and I can't believe I wasted all that time using this mediocre primer, Smashbox. Hourglass is way better!

on 5/15/2012 11:52:00 AM

Basically, I knew primers were supposed to be fantastic and I always had a problem with my foundation looking a little worse for wear towards the end of the day, so I went out and spent a stupid amount of money on Lancome La Base Pro which promptly broke me out and felt like an oil slick on my face (but that's a review for another time!)

So naturally I've been extremely hesitant about trying another primer on the basis of this, but because this primer was supposedly okay for acne prone skin (which I generally don't have, but for some reason I guess the silicone activates it for me) I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did!

Personally, I think it feels beautiful on the skin, soft and smooth and light, and it makes my foundation go on like silk. I don't have particularly oily skin but before I started using this primer I would go through around two oil blotting sheets a day (never fully used up, but definitely noticeably oil-ed) and my makeup would come off after a few hours and I'd have to reapply. With this on, I don't have to think about my makeup really. It gives a nicely matte finish but more satiny than full-on matte, which I prefer. I started with the trial size and I've just bought the regular to make sure I won't run out. I'd definitely recommend this if you've tried other primers and had an issue with breakouts because I've been using it every day for two weeks now and my skin's been the same as always.

on 5/14/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't know why but I thought this would be a pump. That being said it's not a lot of bang for your buck (36 dollars US?) I fell in love with the generous sample I got but this is not the same product. Sigh I guess I am paying for the prestige of having a Smashbox product.. I need to do an update after I try it under foundation or alone on my face not just a pea size on the back of my hand...thanks UPS man:-)

Popular Primer/ Correctors