April 16, 2014 | 1886 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by istuart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using oil cleansers about three years ago. I have very oily skin and though I was skeptical, starting using it on the advice of my aesthetician. It really does reduce oil production - - but the caveat here is that I can't use this alone. I have to use a glycolic or salicylic based cleanser, otherwise, my pores get clogged and lead to breakouts. Also, I use only a few times a week and not everyday (for the same reasons as previously stated). This product has an okay scent... it took sometime getting used to it because I used another product that had a much lighter scent. You apply it to your dry skin and massage lightly, then apply just a little water. The oil turns into a milky consistency and the makeup and dirt literally slide off your face. I rinse my face with cool water until the oil completely dissolves and follow up with a glycolic based cleanser to prevent breakouts. (I love Dr. Peter Thomas Roth).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by JCloud

For someone with sensitive and oily skin I was a little sceptical about this product, if my skin will become more oily/if I'd break out from it etc. I was pleasantly surprised how it didn't and how effective it was in removing makeup, dirt and grease from my face, because it's an oil you can also add some facial massages to your cleansing routine to improve blood circulation. There is a pleasant aroma to the cleanser that isn't overpowering and the price is pretty reasonable. The downfall is the packaging, the bottle doesn't have a pump which paves way to messiness or pouring too much out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it was well-regarded on MUA and for just under $20, you get a lot of product that lasts a long time. I use this at night to remove my makeup and sunscreen. It emulsifies nicely and leaves my skin clean and smooth. I do still have to use a moisturizer after rinsing, but I'm still very happy with it. I use about three pumps for my face and neck and after two months, it's still about three-quarters of the way full. I highly recommend trying this first if you're looking for a good oil cleanser that doesn't contain a ton of unidentifiable chemicals or cost a fortune. If you do purchase this, do yourself a favor and buy the pump for $1. It's dumb that they don't include it, because you'll make a huge mess without it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by clearady

I have been dying to try this product, because, even though I love Mac's cleanse off oil and find it to be utterly flawless, I love organic things. This is the same price as Mac's ---$20 (because trust me, you WILL need the pump). If you know anything about quality in cleansing oils, you will know that DHC and Shu do not have the quality ones, but Mac, Origins and Boscia (have yet to try this Boscia).

In order to explain why I'd never buy it, I must rant about the Mac oil in comparing it.
This cleansing oil is a tinge drying used alone, and thus, you have to use a moisturizer after it. Which brings up to issues, cost (because you have to pay for that moisturizer) and that it is indeed drying. I hate anything that is drying in the least bit because most of the products that I used as a teen were extremely harsh (made for oily skin) and never felt luxurious, comfortable, nor healthy. MD Forte and Suki's famous lemongrass cleanser are the extent of deep clean cleansing that i allow these days, that and my Deep Down Detox mud mask.
Like mac's cleanse off, Origins Clean Energy leaves you skin relatively soft (but not on the nose as it feels a tad tighter than I'd like), but also, it's not as thorough as Mac's. Everything does not come off in one swipe, and you can't solely rely on this.

So pretty much everything I use, I prefer to be organic, but this cannot be.
I will stick with Mac's (has its own built-in pump), as it is a better value, a more thorough clean, and a softer feel. This is not a winner, and if I had only tried this, perhaps, I would stay away from cleansing oils altogether as there's no point if it makes your skin drier, costlier, and messier (raccoon eyeballs anyone?).
For the first time in my life, I can say thank God for Mac.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by greytgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to really like the cleansing oil, but it broke my face out. The texture was great, the smell was nice, and the price was right. But I couldn't use it every day. I liked the idea you could purchase it at a local Macy's. If only it didn't cause problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I love this cleaning oil. It removes makeup very well, does not irritate my skin (even eye area) and rinses clean without leaving a film. I also like that it is not mineral oil based. Reasonably priced, too. I will definitely repurchase.
FYI: Other cleansing oils I used: In the past I used
Shu Uemura green tea cleansing oil: irritation, drying, caused the worst breakout I experienced
Kanebo: expensive and does not rinse off well, so I had to use a foam cleanser together, and this combination dried out my skin
Babor cleansing oil + phytoactive: very good and gentle but expensive because I had to buy two products
DHC cleansing oil: I liked it, but I find the texture of Origins oil lighter and easier to rinse off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by fayeonaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a devout fan of DHC Deep Cleansing oil, I had no desire to change brands since it did what I needed it to do. Remove waterproof sunscreen, waterproof foundation/eye makeup and regular foundation/eye makeup. I ran out of DHC and needed something immediately. I am not a fan of using oils that do not emulsify so I headed to the store with all intention of buying the MAC oil due to a recommendation. I am glad I saw Origins before I made it to the MAC counter. Not only does it live up to DHC, it is cheaper and easier to access (no need to shop online). It has a crap load of product. I am still on my first bottle which I bought in December 2009. I have 1/4 bottle left and this is from mostly 6 days a week use (sometimes twice a day). It removes every trace of my 'face', rinses clean, and does not have a strong smell. The bottle does not come with a pump; you have to ask for one. And from what I heard it can be reused. I bought a back up bottle at CCO for 15 bucks (3 dollard cheaper than the regualr price). At 18 bucks it is significantly cheaper than DHC's sale price (and that does not include shipping). Overall very impressed and will buy again...if I ever finish the second bottle as I am still on the first!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I chose this product over the Shu and Lancome oils, as it has no mineral oil in it. So far, I'm liking it - it definitely gets off all my makeup better than any makeup remover (and I have tried a ton). I have tried DHC and feel the scent of this is nicer, and it is easier to get hold of, so is a better pick for me. The only downside is that I wouldn't feel happy taking this away for the weekend with me, as it's too risky to carry this volume of an oil around - but for heavy duty cleansing at home, I'm happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first cleansing oil, so I can't really compare it to any other cleansing oil.

On my second one already, I love it. It cleanses so well, and smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by nuigurumi1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this product about 3 weeks ago and so far so good! I was looking for a cleanser that didn't dry my skin out. I have an oily t-zone but i was still getting flakey skin there, oddly.
I researched into oil cleansers and i found this one. I immediately wanted to try it because it doesn't have mineral oil or parabens in it and that's important to me. I had to stop using a cleanser by Simple because the mineral oil in that was breaking me out sadly.
The lemon smell is lovely and the consistancy is really nice :)
Apply it to a dry face (i use 1.5 pumps) and massage it in. Then wet your hands and and massage it in and the oil turns milky. Then rinse.
This leaves my skin so soft! I use a light moisturizer afterwards and my skin feels very comfortable.
You can also use this as a makeup remover, but I always use Bi-facil by Lancome anyways before washing my face so that the Origins cleanser can get rid of any left over makeup the Bi-facil didn't get rid of initially.
And don't be cheap, just get the pump. You can always re-use the pump if you decide to buy another bottle of this or anything similar.
I definitely recommend this to anyone with any skin type:)
xx