November 28, 2014 | 925 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

Im on my second bottle because Im in love. It was love at first "use" for me, I adore the calming scent - makes me feel really relaxed like Im in a facial salon or spa. Cleans thoroughly and removes EVERY single bit of makeup. Texture is smooth and rinses off well without traces of oil. Doesnt cloud my vision as well. I wont hesitate to repurchase this definitely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only used this for a couple days and i already see a huge difference regarding blackheads and milia, both of which i've very prone to.

This is my first oil cleanser, and I use it to remove my sunscreen and makeup. Previously I was skipping this step but now I can't imagine being without it! The blackheads on my nose are greatly diminished/gone, my pores look tightened, and it even got rid of the milia around the corners of my mouth (breaking out from lip products, gross I know). The texture of my skin is smoother and it doesn't make me break out. It removes my waterproof mascara effectively, but also blurs my vision for a bit.

I massage about 3 pumps of oil on dry skin, adding water to emulsify it, turning it into a creamy cleanser-like consistency. I usually follow up with another gentle cleanser. The price is great compared to other oil cleansers and for the amount you get. I love the packaging and the pump and how it doesn't leak! Great product by Origins, and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy Grail Cleanser! Thank you MUAers for leading me to this miracle-in-a-bottle! I've frustratingly battled oily, whitehead-prone skin for a decade and have tried nearly every best-selling conventional, natural and organic product on the market. This is in my top three of all time.

I love the natural ingredients (no mineral oil or other pore-clogging petroleum crap). It emulsifies well when you add a dribble of warm water. And it removes all makeup and leaves my skin SO soft and balanced. I experienced a light purging process the first week I used it, but since then, I've had the best skin of my life and it's eliminated the large, hormonal zits I used to get around my chin during my period every month.

They gave me the $1 pump for free with, so spillage wasn't an issue as with other reviewers. But I wish I could take off a half-lippie for the clear packaging -- exposure to light causes plant oils to quickly go rancid! But for $18.50 and natural ingredients (though not organic), this is an excellent cleanser, especially if you have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mg86

I have only been using this for a week so I'll edit this review if my opinion changes, but I've never had a cleanser like this!

Not sure why I chose Clean Energy when I ambled over to an Origins counter (maybe I was subliminally influenced by the ad for this stuff that always comes up when I log on to MUA? Who knows) but I am so glad I did: this cleanser is so gentle yet removes ALL of my make-up with no tugging or scrubbing required. I just massage it into my skin twice daily and then either rinse it off in my morning shower or wash it off with my heavier cleanser in the evening. Even after just a week my skin looks so much healthier - I now have this glow that definitely wasn't there before. My pores look refined and less gloppy (sorry TMI) by the end of the day, while my dry patches are far less flakey. I have had a couple of breakouts since I started using this but not just on my face, so I doubt this is making them worse. If anything, what acne I do have has healed a bit faster and the little irritation spots I used to have on my cheeks are fading.

The SA didn't really give me a choice about purchasing the pump and I can understand why - if you use it, one package will probably last a very long time. Since all the Origins cleansers are the same price, this one is great value because you get much more product and need so little to get results.

This was an impulse purchase and I wasn't expecting it to be any sort of miracle product - I just knew I wanted a gentle cleanser. This has proven to be much more than that and I will be shopping the Origins range more after this positive experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by istuart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using oil cleansers about three years ago. I have very oily skin and though I was skeptical, starting using it on the advice of my aesthetician. It really does reduce oil production - - but the caveat here is that I can't use this alone. I have to use a glycolic or salicylic based cleanser, otherwise, my pores get clogged and lead to breakouts. Also, I use only a few times a week and not everyday (for the same reasons as previously stated). This product has an okay scent... it took sometime getting used to it because I used another product that had a much lighter scent. You apply it to your dry skin and massage lightly, then apply just a little water. The oil turns into a milky consistency and the makeup and dirt literally slide off your face. I rinse my face with cool water until the oil completely dissolves and follow up with a glycolic based cleanser to prevent breakouts. (I love Dr. Peter Thomas Roth).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by JCloud

For someone with sensitive and oily skin I was a little sceptical about this product, if my skin will become more oily/if I'd break out from it etc. I was pleasantly surprised how it didn't and how effective it was in removing makeup, dirt and grease from my face, because it's an oil you can also add some facial massages to your cleansing routine to improve blood circulation. There is a pleasant aroma to the cleanser that isn't overpowering and the price is pretty reasonable. The downfall is the packaging, the bottle doesn't have a pump which paves way to messiness or pouring too much out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it was well-regarded on MUA and for just under $20, you get a lot of product that lasts a long time. I use this at night to remove my makeup and sunscreen. It emulsifies nicely and leaves my skin clean and smooth. I do still have to use a moisturizer after rinsing, but I'm still very happy with it. I use about three pumps for my face and neck and after two months, it's still about three-quarters of the way full. I highly recommend trying this first if you're looking for a good oil cleanser that doesn't contain a ton of unidentifiable chemicals or cost a fortune. If you do purchase this, do yourself a favor and buy the pump for $1. It's dumb that they don't include it, because you'll make a huge mess without it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by clearady

I have been dying to try this product, because, even though I love Mac's cleanse off oil and find it to be utterly flawless, I love organic things. This is the same price as Mac's ---$20 (because trust me, you WILL need the pump). If you know anything about quality in cleansing oils, you will know that DHC and Shu do not have the quality ones, but Mac, Origins and Boscia (have yet to try this Boscia).

In order to explain why I'd never buy it, I must rant about the Mac oil in comparing it.
This cleansing oil is a tinge drying used alone, and thus, you have to use a moisturizer after it. Which brings up to issues, cost (because you have to pay for that moisturizer) and that it is indeed drying. I hate anything that is drying in the least bit because most of the products that I used as a teen were extremely harsh (made for oily skin) and never felt luxurious, comfortable, nor healthy. MD Forte and Suki's famous lemongrass cleanser are the extent of deep clean cleansing that i allow these days, that and my Deep Down Detox mud mask.
Like mac's cleanse off, Origins Clean Energy leaves you skin relatively soft (but not on the nose as it feels a tad tighter than I'd like), but also, it's not as thorough as Mac's. Everything does not come off in one swipe, and you can't solely rely on this.

So pretty much everything I use, I prefer to be organic, but this cannot be.
I will stick with Mac's (has its own built-in pump), as it is a better value, a more thorough clean, and a softer feel. This is not a winner, and if I had only tried this, perhaps, I would stay away from cleansing oils altogether as there's no point if it makes your skin drier, costlier, and messier (raccoon eyeballs anyone?).
For the first time in my life, I can say thank God for Mac.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by greytgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to really like the cleansing oil, but it broke my face out. The texture was great, the smell was nice, and the price was right. But I couldn't use it every day. I liked the idea you could purchase it at a local Macy's. If only it didn't cause problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I love this cleaning oil. It removes makeup very well, does not irritate my skin (even eye area) and rinses clean without leaving a film. I also like that it is not mineral oil based. Reasonably priced, too. I will definitely repurchase.
FYI: Other cleansing oils I used: In the past I used
Shu Uemura green tea cleansing oil: irritation, drying, caused the worst breakout I experienced
Kanebo: expensive and does not rinse off well, so I had to use a foam cleanser together, and this combination dried out my skin
Babor cleansing oil + phytoactive: very good and gentle but expensive because I had to buy two products
DHC cleansing oil: I liked it, but I find the texture of Origins oil lighter and easier to rinse off.