Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.2

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 7/7/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

(Update 9.24.10)
Okay, so it took me quite a while to figure out that this was clogging my pores and leaving little whiteheads on my cheeks and jaws because I was in process of trying out a whole crapload of new products. But I eventually got it--this is definitely not the makeup remover for me. Like I said above, it left little clogged pores on my jaws and cheeks. Maybe it's all the essential oils? I'm going to try DHC and Fancl next so hopefully those will turn out to be a much better experience (/update)
I love this product! It doesn't break me out and instead, cleans my pores. I had a bit of purging the first week I used it because my pores were so gunky and clogged prior use of this cleanser. It also takes off all my makeup including the ever-so-hard-to-take-off Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation.
Smell was a little nasty at first but I gradually got used to it. Packaging sucks because you have to buy the pump separately.
Emulsifies well and leaves no trace of the oil behind (although I do use my Boscia purifying gel cleanser after so who knows)
All in all, I am definitely buying this again!

on 6/30/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this for a few months now and was just really not sure what to put as a review. I have been very stressed lately and have been breaking out, I didn't want to blame a product that might not be causing it, so decided to switch back to my old cleanser for a night or 2 and see if anything happened. Break out city! This cleanser works, I was skeptical because I have such oily acne prone skin but this removes all my face makeup (I do not use it over my eye makeup I use a separate cleanser for that) and does not leave my skin feeling tight or dried out. I use a toner after this but there is never anything left to remove. It also feels really nice to apply, like a face massage (I know that doesn't make a huge difference but it's a nice bonus). I don't like this over my eye area because it makes them cloudy (took off one lippie because now i have to buy a separate eye makeup remover which I did not buy before). I did not buy the pump, I will pick one up at a later date but I am in no rush to do so it's been fine for me without one. I just press the bottle into my palm on an angle and I usually seem to do just fine getting the right amount out without any mess. I will get the pump when I repurchase just to make it easier.

Update: Still using this to remove sunscreen (biore uv) at night. It works very well to remove all the sunscreen and keeps me from breaking out from it.

on 6/16/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this and realized quickly afterward that I needed to splurge for the pump as well - three squirts does the trick to get my makeup off at the end of every day. I was using Shu Fresh cleansing oil before trying this and I converted, mostly due to the price. It's a LOT cheaper plus every year I get Origins coupons, so I ended up getting this plus the pump for around $10 including tax, and I still have half a bottle left, even though I purchased this around Christmas time. It has a light, earthy scent and feels very light, like the Shu oil did. I prefer it also to MAC Cleanse Off Oil, which dried out my oily skin. This seems very neutral (PH-wise) and has nice, natural ingredients.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im on my second bottle because Im in love. It was love at first "use" for me, I adore the calming scent - makes me feel really relaxed like Im in a facial salon or spa. Cleans thoroughly and removes EVERY single bit of makeup. Texture is smooth and rinses off well without traces of oil. Doesnt cloud my vision as well. I wont hesitate to repurchase this definitely!

on 6/4/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've only used this for a couple days and i already see a huge difference regarding blackheads and milia, both of which i've very prone to.

This is my first oil cleanser, and I use it to remove my sunscreen and makeup. Previously I was skipping this step but now I can't imagine being without it! The blackheads on my nose are greatly diminished/gone, my pores look tightened, and it even got rid of the milia around the corners of my mouth (breaking out from lip products, gross I know). The texture of my skin is smoother and it doesn't make me break out. It removes my waterproof mascara effectively, but also blurs my vision for a bit.

I massage about 3 pumps of oil on dry skin, adding water to emulsify it, turning it into a creamy cleanser-like consistency. I usually follow up with another gentle cleanser. The price is great compared to other oil cleansers and for the amount you get. I love the packaging and the pump and how it doesn't leak! Great product by Origins, and I will repurchase.

on 6/3/2010 12:13:00 PM

Holy Grail Cleanser! Thank you MUAers for leading me to this miracle-in-a-bottle! I've frustratingly battled oily, whitehead-prone skin for a decade and have tried nearly every best-selling conventional, natural and organic product on the market. This is in my top three of all time.

I love the natural ingredients (no mineral oil or other pore-clogging petroleum crap). It emulsifies well when you add a dribble of warm water. And it removes all makeup and leaves my skin SO soft and balanced. I experienced a light purging process the first week I used it, but since then, I've had the best skin of my life and it's eliminated the large, hormonal zits I used to get around my chin during my period every month.

They gave me the $1 pump for free with, so spillage wasn't an issue as with other reviewers. But I wish I could take off a half-lippie for the clear packaging -- exposure to light causes plant oils to quickly go rancid! But for $18.50 and natural ingredients (though not organic), this is an excellent cleanser, especially if you have oily skin.

on 6/2/2010 3:53:00 PM

I have only been using this for a week so I'll edit this review if my opinion changes, but I've never had a cleanser like this!

Not sure why I chose Clean Energy when I ambled over to an Origins counter (maybe I was subliminally influenced by the ad for this stuff that always comes up when I log on to MUA? Who knows) but I am so glad I did: this cleanser is so gentle yet removes ALL of my make-up with no tugging or scrubbing required. I just massage it into my skin twice daily and then either rinse it off in my morning shower or wash it off with my heavier cleanser in the evening. Even after just a week my skin looks so much healthier - I now have this glow that definitely wasn't there before. My pores look refined and less gloppy (sorry TMI) by the end of the day, while my dry patches are far less flakey. I have had a couple of breakouts since I started using this but not just on my face, so I doubt this is making them worse. If anything, what acne I do have has healed a bit faster and the little irritation spots I used to have on my cheeks are fading.

The SA didn't really give me a choice about purchasing the pump and I can understand why - if you use it, one package will probably last a very long time. Since all the Origins cleansers are the same price, this one is great value because you get much more product and need so little to get results.

This was an impulse purchase and I wasn't expecting it to be any sort of miracle product - I just knew I wanted a gentle cleanser. This has proven to be much more than that and I will be shopping the Origins range more after this positive experience.

on 6/1/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I started using oil cleansers about three years ago. I have very oily skin and though I was skeptical, starting using it on the advice of my aesthetician. It really does reduce oil production - - but the caveat here is that I can't use this alone. I have to use a glycolic or salicylic based cleanser, otherwise, my pores get clogged and lead to breakouts. Also, I use only a few times a week and not everyday (for the same reasons as previously stated). This product has an okay scent... it took sometime getting used to it because I used another product that had a much lighter scent. You apply it to your dry skin and massage lightly, then apply just a little water. The oil turns into a milky consistency and the makeup and dirt literally slide off your face. I rinse my face with cool water until the oil completely dissolves and follow up with a glycolic based cleanser to prevent breakouts. (I love Dr. Peter Thomas Roth).

on 6/1/2010 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For someone with sensitive and oily skin I was a little sceptical about this product, if my skin will become more oily/if I'd break out from it etc. I was pleasantly surprised how it didn't and how effective it was in removing makeup, dirt and grease from my face, because it's an oil you can also add some facial massages to your cleansing routine to improve blood circulation. There is a pleasant aroma to the cleanser that isn't overpowering and the price is pretty reasonable. The downfall is the packaging, the bottle doesn't have a pump which paves way to messiness or pouring too much out.

on 5/25/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because it was well-regarded on MUA and for just under $20, you get a lot of product that lasts a long time. I use this at night to remove my makeup and sunscreen. It emulsifies nicely and leaves my skin clean and smooth. I do still have to use a moisturizer after rinsing, but I'm still very happy with it. I use about three pumps for my face and neck and after two months, it's still about three-quarters of the way full. I highly recommend trying this first if you're looking for a good oil cleanser that doesn't contain a ton of unidentifiable chemicals or cost a fortune. If you do purchase this, do yourself a favor and buy the pump for $1. It's dumb that they don't include it, because you'll make a huge mess without it.