August 21, 2014 | 1959 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Cheriseeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This applied very smoothly and black. However i do not liek this product. It ends up transferring to t he tops of my lids and is a little smeary.. This doesnt dry enough once on my eye. Its just not budge proof enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Eifersucht

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner a lot but, for someone not so talented as me the brush will only give you a thick line. Not that I hate that a lot, because I LOVE exaggerated eyeliner but sometimes I wanted to go for a look not that dramatic and was a failure due to that silly brush. Sometimes I wished it was more gel like, but then and again the gel-like liners always give me the gift of raccoon eyes (YAY NOT!). This one last all day or all night, it is very good and its truly highly pigmented, but NEVER EVER forget to close it, because if you ever leave it open you will not be able to use it again (the cream harden and it becomes almost impossible to use).

In short: change the applicator for a delicate one and never leave it open and you'll have a marvelous product for a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sally38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. Some people's seem to dry but mine is still amazingly soft. Sometimes I do wish it was a bit more gel-like, but its cream like it says. The pigmentation on this product is great and it never smudges or anything. Also, for those who say its expensive Stila smudge pots retail for $20 and MAC fluid lines have way less product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I really like this eyeliner. I do not have a whole lot of experience with cream or gel eyeliners other than using the MAC fluidline a few times. This is a great alternative because it's much cheaper ($10-$12 approx.). I actually like the brush it comes with. It makes a very nice, clean, pretty line and gives you a very put together eye look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The ONLY cons I have is that it doesn't say on too too long, and it's hard to find. Other then that, it makes putting liquid liner on SO much easier. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cons: The brush is awful. Its expensive for a drugstore product. Takes a while to dry.

On the positive side this is an excellent eyeliner. Its easy to manipulate. The color is opaque and lasts for hours. LOreal hip cream liners don't dry out as fast as others I have used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I really like this eyeliner, I have never tried any other brand so I cannot compair it to other gel or cream. It comes with a little eyeliner brush to apply it but I found that the little hairs were too hard and scratchy so I picked one up from Sephora and it worked like a charm. It's very black and very creamy for a smooth application with no tugging on the lid. BUT it dries out rather quickly. I actually use a pencil liner almost everyday but occasionally reach for this (I also own the purple and brown) I do not think it's worth the 12 something dollars when you get a 1/4 of the use. Whether I use it everyday or once or twice a week it should still be creamy if the lid is tight. I probably will not repurchase since Mac's blacktrack is darn near the same price and I haven't heard of it drying up with less than a 1/4 usage.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by endlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This eyeliner is one of the worst eyeliners I've ever used in my life. I wanted to try a different kind of eyeliner (was using liquid eyeliner before buying this) so I went and bought this cream eyeliner right when it came out last year. This eyeliner came with a tiny brush...which sucked. Eyeliner was easy to apply (using a different brush of course) but it would smear immediately right after! It refused to stay on my lids and smeared underneath my eyes--I didn't even line my bottom lid! 1 lippie for being highly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Finally, an eyeliner that doesn't budge the entire day. This is the first eyeliner I've ever used that doesn't give me terrible raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I even went running without removing it yesterday, and it barely budged. It's not the cheapest drugstore eyeliner out there, but it's definitely worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by MoonCigar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Long Lasting Wear
-Color stays consistent
-creamy consistency
-easy to apply, meaning i don't have to rub the eye
-They finally changed the brush, it's much softer
-There is a lot of product for your buck

Cons:
-Doesn't dry instantly, so wait a while
-It will smear, so if you have oily lids, be careful
-The brush is softer, but it's harder to handle, I advise using your own.

Overall, I like this product, it's great for a drug store brand.