October 21, 2014 | 1500 users online

Fragrances - Marc Jacobs - Daisy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this with my Sephora order. I read the notes and thought I would like it so I sprayed it straight on my hand. Note to self-if you haven’t smelled perfume before, its not a good idea to just spray it on yourself. I was expecting light sort of girly floral. Nope. This reminded me of floral potpourri or floral room spray. I sprayed it on a card to make sure my nose wasn’t playing tricks-still the same dried flower smell. It actually smells like this floral scent that my grandma used to wear(God rest her soul) and it didn’t smell “young” to me at all. You want young, try Very Hollywood by MK.
I try not to call scents “old lady” but I have actually smelled something very similar on many older women so I think it’s a copy of an older scent that’s already in existence.
There are actually very few fragrances that I don’t like-I may not wear some of them but I am not disgusted by it, but Daisy definitely falls into serious dislike category for me. Definitely try before you buy-I watched several YouTube videos where girls raved about this scent-just because they like it doesn’t mean you will.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The smell is nice but very young. I love the pretty bottle which is why I still have it in my bathroom.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by stls

IMO perfumery is artistry. Can create memories, evoke feelings, make your day, take you to a higher world...
Sadly daisy has nothing to do with artistry, it's all about the sales. If you have smelled and appreciated any of the classics, such as coco, dune etc you could probably agree with me: a worth having fragrance should be unique, long lasting, distinguishable, breathtaking, good quality.
Of course daisy is none of it. Just a watery, uninspired, short lived generic mess in a cute bottle and high price tag.
If coco is a divine painting in capella sistina, daisy is a doodling while phone calling.
If you are 15 you'll most definitely like it, but since you become familiar with more sophisticated and refind perfumes, I believe you'll not be able to stand daisy any more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with this perfume. When I initially bought it I loved it and used it all the time. It is a light, fresh fragrance that isn't too sweet or floral - unfortunately then I discovered my HG perfume Chloe and haven't looked back. I've since tried my Marc Jacobs Daisy but it doesn't really compare and now smells almost chemically in comparison and now I never use it. The only reason I've kept the bottle is because is because it looks so pretty on my desk but I wouldn't wear it again or repurchase. Given that I love the packaging you might be curious as to why I've given it such a low rating - basically it looks lovely in your bathroom or in your bedroom but is completely impractical to take anywhere - the flower shaped cap takes up so much room in my handbag (and I carry huge handbags) plus the cap used to frequently come off.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by pinkdaisies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a little sample of this perfume and I have heard lots of rave about it. I smelled it in Sephora a month prior to receiving the little sample and thought it didn't smell good AT ALL, but when I actually put it on myself I realized it smells awesome!!

This products either a hate/love kind of thing. It's either gonna work or not work with your natural scent. Luckily for me I got pleasantly surprised and it smells awesome on me, but I know it'll be different for some people. The packaging is indeed cute, but I often switch up perfumes.. so I think once I'm done my sample size i'll use up other perfumes I already own or have sample sizes of and then maybe repurchase the rollerball version of this :) I really love the smell though it's so nice and feminine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by carolyanyan

Definitely one of my favorite scents! I love how girly, flirty and happy this scent is! It's definitely worth the price and the packing is just super cute! It sort of reminds me of running through a spring flower garden with your loved one during the golden hour with the breeze through your hair. It makes me feel attractive. Also, my husband loves it and doesn't complain that it's too musky or strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

firstly i'll say that i love the bottle and lid! all my other perfume bottles pale against this great big lovely white daisy.
so this is floral, fresh but sweet. the sweetness isn't at all spicy, baked or fruity. this is 100% daisy floral sweet. there is also a very strong grassy note to this - which adds a nice hit to the floral musk. let me just say; this perfume makes me so happy.
it makes me happiest when the day is nice and clear, and especially if i've gone for a run the same morning. it just makes me feel brand new and completely refreshed. this is because it is still an obvious perfume, but just makes me think of watered flowers, freshly-cut grass and blue skies when i wear it.
i think this is the kind of scent that grows on you!
i wouldn't recommend this if you are a lover of very light crisp, barely there scents, because this may mislead you. it is still a very heavy, rich scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this perfume as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago and amazingly enough, I still have a bit left, considering the fact that I use it quite frequently and do multiple squirts. I first smelt it in a magazine and was instantly hooked. When I had one of my own, I couldn't stop smelling it because it's so intoxicating. The smell itself is a floral scent that's very clean, light, and fresh. What's nice about it is that even if you apply a lot of perfume (which I do, because I'm self-conscious about always smelling fresh), it never becomes overpowering or suffocating to you or anyone else in the room. I always receive compliments that I smell very good and people usually ask what I'm using. I've all ready hooked two of my friends onto this perfume and they love it, just as much as I do. I've been told it's my signature scent because it mixes well with my skin and body chemistry (perfume smells different on different people). The packaging is better than most brands because even when you hit the bottom of the bottle, you can still manage to use up the extra, without wasting it. It's expensive for sure, but then again, most designer perfumes are. You can always buy the roller ball version, which is affordable and still contains a great amount of product. A lot of people overlook this perfume because it's not the newest one on the market right now, but it's worth giving it a shot. It's a true classic that could fit into any girl's wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MichelleMenhart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this scent! It's light, floral, and unbelievably addicting. After reading the reviews on here, my hopes for it weren't very high at all, but after trying it myself, I have to say that I'm straying from the norm when it comes to this. The scent reminds me of summer, and I think it's a perfect summer/spring daytime scent for someone a little more girly, and in their teens and twenties.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Alliep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this perfume!
I just recently ran out and I am planning on buying again.
The reviews for Marc Jacobs' perfumes are good, so I might have to buy two!