October 25, 2014 | 1672 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Works like nobody's buisness<3(;

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Paigeluvs35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love lemon juice. I drink lemon juice in my ice water every single day. It helps me cleanse out my body and steer free of toxins. I want to say I notice a difference in my skin from the lemon but at a minimum it tastes refreshing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE!
I have been using lemon juice for 3 months now and my face looks flawless! It has helped diminsh my laugh lines and bags under my eyes. Most improvements though is acne scarring! My skin tone looks amazing and my face is has this beautiful glow now. I will forever use Lemon juice!

I use organic lemon juice and I put half lemon juice, half water into a shot glass and dab it all over my face with a cotton pad morning and at night before my moisturizer. Best Acne cure ever and it also fades my existing acne scars. It burns for a couple of minutes but thats good because it means its killing the bacteria on your face hence why its amazing for acne! Please try it you will not be disappointed!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by ebbielove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love using lemon juice as a toner!!

I started using lemon juice (bottle) for 2 weeks now. (In the morning & evening)
I had very noticeable acne marks, but after using lemon juice my skin is much better!
My family and friends have noticed as well. They said that my skin looks healthy and glowing.
I honestly cannot believe how fast the results came within these 2 weeks.
A good 45% reduction in my acne scars with 2 weeks, which is pretty darn great!!
I did not experience the sensitivity of (sun) light, but probably because I used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with 100+ SPF.

Pros:
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Helps control oil
- Reduces the size of pores
- Inexpensive
- Not over drying
- Very noticeable results within 2 weeks
- Natural Remedy

Cons:
- Stings very, very, very little the first time, but the next couple of applications it stops stinging
- Skin turns slightly red, pink when applying, but after 20-30 minutes it's gone

***Recommend: Sun Screen***

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by boolaboola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using lemon juice as a toner after reading all the rave reviews on MUA. I was initially hesitant to try it, as I'm citrus-sensitive (read: hives and an occasional upset stomach when I consume grapefruit or pineapple), but I was so frustrated with my post-acne hyperpigmentation that I decided to take the risk -- and I'm *so* glad I did!

My skin is generally pretty well-behaved. With the help of my Clarisonic and an antibiotic, I've managed to get my acne under control. My main issue is that every time I get a pimple, I'm left with a dark, reddish-brown spot that remains on my skin for weeks after the blemish has healed! This occurs regardless of whether I pick -- and is sometimes worse when I don't! I'd like to forego wearing foundation and concealer every once in a while, but with multiple hyperpigmentation spots, I just don't feel comfortable doing so. Enter lemon juice.

I use lemon juice as a toner about two to three times a week. After washing my face with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash and my Clarisonic, I lightly dry my face and squeeze the juice of about 1/3 of a lemon onto a cotton square. I then rub the square over my face, careful to avoid the eye area. I allow it to sit for about five minutes*, and then splash my face with cool water and apply my nightly winter moisturizer, Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream (another *great* product). (*For the first couple of uses, I left the lemon juice on for ~30 seconds to test how my skin would react.)

The results: I've been using lemon juice as a toner for about two and a half weeks. Because I use it so sparingly/for such a small amount of time, my results have been gradual (i.e., I didn't wake up the morning after my first use amazed with the improvements). That said, my hyperpigmentation spots are noticeably lighter/I'm able to cover them up more easily. Spots that have been around for several weeks are finally starting to budge. Even more excitingly, since using the toner, I haven't had *any* new blemishes. In short, my skin's much less temperamental -- it's clearer, more even-toned, and less breakout-prone.

I definitely recommend adding this to your routine. It's easy, inexpensive, and -- if you're willing to stick with it -- very effective.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

Wonderful for that emergency zit problem! Esp after the blemish pops and you want it to fully die, :) Also wonderful for clearing blackheads! A fresh lemon or as organic as possible is best.

Just avoid sun exposure when in use, thus my using it at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

It does work but I'd rather use LIKAS..cutting up lemons, after a while is annoying. Likas just sits there, LOL and prevents new acne and doesn't hurt or sting.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Starlitemoon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Iv been suffering from pretty terrible acne since i was about 13, and over time it seems to have gotten worse. This is mainly because im a picker and i know it just makes everything worse because i am now left with terrible scars that are very red and purpley. Today i decided im sick of having to pile on foundation on to have the outcome of a cakey not so covered face. I currently just tried out this lemon solution. I had a shower and washed my face with my Aveeno positively radiant cleanser, and then cut a fresh lemon and generously rubbed it all over my face and i am leaving it over night. At first it kind of was stinging but it felt more like a itchy sensation and faded after a minute or so. I read pages and pages of peoples reviews on here and just about 99% of you had results, im only hoping i will have amazing results like most of you have gotten. I'll be updating in a week or so after doing this nightly.

Update: Okay iv been using lemon juice for about 10 days and at first i was using real lemons and then after a few days i bought the lemon juice in the little lemon shaped bottle. The very first morning after using real lemons for the first time, i woke up and i thought i noticed a difference in my skin, i thought my acne scars had faded slightly and my skin looked better. That being said i continued to use it wanting more results, after 10 days there really isnt a difference in my skin, the scars haven't faded at all, my pores aren't smaller, my skin isn't brighter, it didn't help get rid of any active acne or prevent new acne arising, i think this product is over hyped. I will continue to use it until the bottle runs out so i think i have another 2 weeks and that will have left me doing this for about a month straight,1-2 times a day. I honestly wish i saw the results that everyone else has been seeing because my main reason for my low self confidence is my skin. I'll update again when im done the bottle but honestly, don't expect any magic results, because it most likely isn't gonna happen.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by selenajade

This is a MIRACLE WORKER in disguise. I had recently been breaking out on my chin, forehead, and a bit on my jaw from eating junkfood (Sadly that's the reason for any of my breakouts so i cant endulge on something sweet unless i want a zit) and i needed them gone. For some reason my salycilic acne moisturizer didnt work or my spot treatments, so i decided to try this out because i had a fresh lemon in the fridge and had seen so many acne face masks with this in it. I put this on my face after my face wash and before my moisturizer. The next day the pimples had gotten a bit smaller- but no major change. same the next day. and then day 3 BAM no pimples! its a life saver!! this has been my toner for a month now and i havent seen a blemish since:-)))

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by jenniferluvsmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lemon juice has helped even out my skin tone. They're really cheap and I only use half a lemon a night. Sometimes I cut the lemon in half and take one half and rub it directly on my face. Other times I'll actually squeeze the juice out and use a cotton ball and swab the juice on my face. Then I'll wash it off. I might start using it less frequently since I've almost reached my desired skin tone, but we'll see. Don't expect dramatic results, but it will help to even out and brighten your complexion somewhat if used on a daily basis.
UPDATE: I went for a while without using this and my skin started to look dull again. This is definitely something you need to keep up with if you want an all-natural way to help your complexion.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No