OPI Russian Navy

4.6

on 4/1/2010 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Russian Navy is a darkened black-blue with subtle red shimmer. It is heavily pigmented and opaque in two coats. It's super shiny and a beautiful colour for all year around, especially Autumn and Winter time! It's a true navy colour which isn't as harsh as black. The application was extremely good. I was able to apply it quickly and easily. I bought Russian Navy for $20AUD at David Jones. Highly recommended.

on 3/27/2010 1:49:00 PM

I was SO STOKED when my local Duane Reade (hm, they seem to be popping up everywhere..) had OPI and Essie nail polishes. Although the collection was mainly nudes from the honeymoon collection, there were a few reds and blues, and luckily there was ONE bottle left of this color. I remembered reading about this nail color on a beauty blog, and I decided to see how it is myself. The color is GORGEOUS! The dark blue and purple shimmer is to die for. However, it's somewhat hard to tell the purple shimmer unless I'm under fluorescent lighting. Nevertheless, I love this nail polish for winter. It's opaque enough with one coat, but I put two anyway. It lasted for about a week before it started chipping. Will buy this again.

on 3/19/2010 12:46:00 PM

I love dark nail colours and this one is no exeption. Glossy dark blue, not quite black but with subtle flecks of red. One downside - chipped after a day, but that level of wear is normal for me!

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Russian Navy is amazing. This is one of those polishes that stand out. I wear this all the time in every season and will never stop!!

on 2/23/2010 11:22:00 PM

Love this color. It's a very intense blue, under a dimmer lighting it actually looks black and 2 coats is all is need. This is my third OPI polish and so far I am impressed with the brush and the opacity of the color. I guess I won't be lusting after Chanel's Blue Satin after all anymore.

on 2/11/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Honestly, this isn't a bad product. I just had much higher expectations for it. I really wanted this when it first came out, and I was going through my teenage rebellion goth phase. Somehow I thought that would transition to who I am now as a 20 year old woman . . . it didn't. I can understand why some people love this color, but it's just not for me. I was expecting more of a blackened blurple for some reason, but it's really just, true to the name, navy.

on 2/1/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! It's super unique and is actually pretty work appropriate because it's dark and not too flashy for a blue color!

on 1/31/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As a huge fan of OPI polish, i bought this without hesitation, and wasn't disappointed. While it does chip easier then i'd like, it is easy to touch up without that layered look (where you can tell there are more coats in the middle than on the chipped end) since the color is so deep. It can look black to some people in low lighting, since my skin is so fair, but the sparkle keeps it from being too harsh. i highly recommend it, as long as you don't mind a little touching up.

on 1/28/2010 11:07:00 AM

This is an ok color, but not my favorite. It is dark blue with some red shimmer on it. Sometimes it looks purple to me. Maybe this is due to the red shimmers. And in some lights it looks black. This seems to chip faster than most of my OPI nail polish. If you want a nice dark blue polish, I would get OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue instead.

on 1/24/2010 9:49:00 PM

This is a gorgeous indigo color. I've purchased other polishes called indigo but this is the only that's actually the right shade, the right color - just perfect. I do wish it chipped less and stayed at least a little longer... but, since it dries fairly quickly reapplication is doable. Love this shade for winter!

Top Rated OPI Products