September 24, 2014 | 1503 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this isn't a bad product. I just had much higher expectations for it. I really wanted this when it first came out, and I was going through my teenage rebellion goth phase. Somehow I thought that would transition to who I am now as a 20 year old woman . . . it didn't. I can understand why some people love this color, but it's just not for me. I was expecting more of a blackened blurple for some reason, but it's really just, true to the name, navy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this color! It's super unique and is actually pretty work appropriate because it's dark and not too flashy for a blue color!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a huge fan of OPI polish, i bought this without hesitation, and wasn't disappointed. While it does chip easier then i'd like, it is easy to touch up without that layered look (where you can tell there are more coats in the middle than on the chipped end) since the color is so deep. It can look black to some people in low lighting, since my skin is so fair, but the sparkle keeps it from being too harsh. i highly recommend it, as long as you don't mind a little touching up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by bilsy213

This is an ok color, but not my favorite. It is dark blue with some red shimmer on it. Sometimes it looks purple to me. Maybe this is due to the red shimmers. And in some lights it looks black. This seems to chip faster than most of my OPI nail polish. If you want a nice dark blue polish, I would get OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous indigo color. I've purchased other polishes called indigo but this is the only that's actually the right shade, the right color - just perfect. I do wish it chipped less and stayed at least a little longer... but, since it dries fairly quickly reapplication is doable. Love this shade for winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by julbra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this color yesterday and I am completely smitten by it! It's very sexy, a nice winter color. It's a shimmery/metallic midnight blue and it's very intense yet wearable. The color applies very evenly and you only need two coats for it to be completely opaque (which I guess is not surprising since the color is so dark). I can't really attest to the staying power of the polish (since I've only worn it for about 24 hours...) however from what I've heard about the durability of OPI polishes, it should hold tight for a while. This is my first OPI shade (aside from Sephora by OPI) and I am very impressed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is deceiving, because whenever I reach for it in my collection, it looks purple in the bottle (I always think that it'll be Lincoln Park After Dark). However, when you put it on, it's completely different and it's a true navy blue. It's a very pretty color and covers well. Blue isn't my favorite color so it's hard for me to wear it for a full week like I do with most of my nail polishes, but the polish itself is definitely quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour on nail and in bottle - Perfect very dark metallic blue

I had been looking for a dark blue for some time and had tried a number of different varnishes. This did not disappoint. A perfect navy blue with shimmer. Two coats worked a treat, perfect application using the prowide brush. Long lasting I kept this on for 9 days and had no issue at all. The colour is outstanding and I received so many comments when I wore it. It made a nice change from either a black or dark red.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jltarantola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color! It looked like a sparkly purple in the bottle but is a beautiful, shiny, dark navy on my nails. Still a hint of purple, but subtle. My nails are short and square, and they look very funky and hip with this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by betabel

The color is a beautiful navy (hence the name, I suppose) with some purple sheen in certain lights. At times it looks black against my super pale skin, which is my only gripe. I don't want to look like a vampire. I only had to use one coat for it to coat my nails completely and I'm satisfied with the sophisticated, mysterious look it gives my nails. I'm definitely buying more when this bottle is out!