OPI Russian Navy

4.6

on 3/19/2010 12:46:00 PM

I love dark nail colours and this one is no exeption. Glossy dark blue, not quite black but with subtle flecks of red. One downside - chipped after a day, but that level of wear is normal for me!

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Russian Navy is amazing. This is one of those polishes that stand out. I wear this all the time in every season and will never stop!!

on 2/23/2010 11:22:00 PM

Love this color. It's a very intense blue, under a dimmer lighting it actually looks black and 2 coats is all is need. This is my third OPI polish and so far I am impressed with the brush and the opacity of the color. I guess I won't be lusting after Chanel's Blue Satin after all anymore.

on 2/11/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Honestly, this isn't a bad product. I just had much higher expectations for it. I really wanted this when it first came out, and I was going through my teenage rebellion goth phase. Somehow I thought that would transition to who I am now as a 20 year old woman . . . it didn't. I can understand why some people love this color, but it's just not for me. I was expecting more of a blackened blurple for some reason, but it's really just, true to the name, navy.

on 2/1/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! It's super unique and is actually pretty work appropriate because it's dark and not too flashy for a blue color!

on 1/31/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As a huge fan of OPI polish, i bought this without hesitation, and wasn't disappointed. While it does chip easier then i'd like, it is easy to touch up without that layered look (where you can tell there are more coats in the middle than on the chipped end) since the color is so deep. It can look black to some people in low lighting, since my skin is so fair, but the sparkle keeps it from being too harsh. i highly recommend it, as long as you don't mind a little touching up.

on 1/28/2010 11:07:00 AM

This is an ok color, but not my favorite. It is dark blue with some red shimmer on it. Sometimes it looks purple to me. Maybe this is due to the red shimmers. And in some lights it looks black. This seems to chip faster than most of my OPI nail polish. If you want a nice dark blue polish, I would get OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue instead.

on 1/24/2010 9:49:00 PM

This is a gorgeous indigo color. I've purchased other polishes called indigo but this is the only that's actually the right shade, the right color - just perfect. I do wish it chipped less and stayed at least a little longer... but, since it dries fairly quickly reapplication is doable. Love this shade for winter!

on 1/24/2010 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just got this color yesterday and I am completely smitten by it! It's very sexy, a nice winter color. It's a shimmery/metallic midnight blue and it's very intense yet wearable. The color applies very evenly and you only need two coats for it to be completely opaque (which I guess is not surprising since the color is so dark). I can't really attest to the staying power of the polish (since I've only worn it for about 24 hours...) however from what I've heard about the durability of OPI polishes, it should hold tight for a while. This is my first OPI shade (aside from Sephora by OPI) and I am very impressed!

on 1/19/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color is deceiving, because whenever I reach for it in my collection, it looks purple in the bottle (I always think that it'll be Lincoln Park After Dark). However, when you put it on, it's completely different and it's a true navy blue. It's a very pretty color and covers well. Blue isn't my favorite color so it's hard for me to wear it for a full week like I do with most of my nail polishes, but the polish itself is definitely quality.

Top Rated OPI Products