December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great primer for eyeshadow or to wear on its own!!! Nice consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by jellie20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love bare study
i use it everyday
its great when you have no time or no mood to put on a lot of make-up.
it wears itself
but its the best base/primer ive used because of this baby eyeshadow stays on all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know why the MAC gal chose "rubenesque" for me, it was so orange and frosty, I didn't like it. The Bare Study is PERFECT..I have NC-20 skin, dark hair, green eyes, and its a beautiful shimmery champagne beige that is perfect for an everyday look or to glam up bolder colors. I will definitely recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this neutral, shimmery champagne color under my eyeshadow. It dries up in sec's and doesn't crease on my oily lids. I love the paint pots. This is a musthave for every gal who enjoys wearing eyeshadow on a regular base.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

Even though I LOVED this paint pot, I ended up returning it. Why? Because i have terrible shopper's guilt syndrome. And now i have ohmygodican'tbelieveireturnedthat syndrome.

This is the prettiest pinky-pearly-champagne-y base. I also have Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in Tattle Tale, which is similar to Bare Study (which is why i ended up returning it), but i greatly prefer MAC paint pots to Benefit's ceaseless creams. While Benefit's cream shadow have a more emollient, creamy texture than paint pots, they crease on me (ironic, eh?) That and Tattle Tale makes my eyes look a little too bright, whereas Bare Study seemed much more subtle. As soon as i'm done with Tattle Tale (which won't be for a while... sob), I'm going to get Bare Study again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great shimmery-champagne base. Gorgeous on its own, and under other shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good brightening shimmery base. Even though it isnt bad for creasing I still apply it over ud pp because I find after 4 or 5 hours in the summer this creases a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by cocopops100

I love this paint pot. This was the second product in my small mac collection and probably my favourite. I'm at high school and many days I will wear this alone to brighten up my eyes and make them pop. Unlike many others I do not find it to shimmery. it makes an exellent base for shadow on top of my UD primer potion. Perfect base for nuetral eyes and colour pops. I don't find it creases to badly even when worn alone. I love it. Only problem is that the corners can dry out if you don't use it in a while. I rarely get this problem as i use it so much though, heheh.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by MrsJustie

I had high hopes for this, but the color payoff isn't the best. It's more sparkly and less shimmery than I wanted. I wanted more color payoff while using a tiny bit of product. I was looking for something more like Make Up For Ever's Aqua creams. I should've just got one of those. :( I'll use this till it runs out just as a base though. I can't get enough color from it to skip a highlight even. If I do put more on it creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by pamwaggy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love my paint pots. They don't crease on my eyes and I could never figure out how to stop this happening. (I'm 50) I used every primer there is. So I'm not sure if it's the paint pots that did it because the same day that I bought them I bought the eyelid primer from Guerlaine. With the two together, it was like a miracle.