BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 6/18/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product as it gives skin that light airy feeling when you put it on, not too heavy, didn't feel cakey, and lasted me the whole day.The smell wasn't bad either. It also brightened up my face quite a bit. I enjoyed the texture. Comes in really cute packaging. My fave Benefit product! I think this product works more on lighter complexion though, as when I went tanning, it didn't brighten up my face as much as when I was a bit more pale. Will definitely buy again!.

on 6/18/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product was nothing special, and definitely did not live up to my expectations. I'm normally attracted to Benefit products because their packaging is so nice and everything looks great! But don't be decieved, because this was just a disappointment. It broke me out like crazy, and barely added any lasting "brightening". It looked good for a while, then seemed to do absolutely nothing for my skin. I have found that you also have to use an excessive amount to get any real results, which is a big con. It sinks into your skin without doing much, and feels a bit sticky. If you are easily prone to breakouts, I don't reccomend it. Not worth the money. . .just not worth it period.

on 6/16/2012 6:58:00 PM

I really enjoyed That Gal primer. It gives a soft light skin and helps keep oiliness for several hours. I'll certainly buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A few months back, I splurged way too much at Sephora and made quite a few impulsive buys. This was one of them. I paid too much for a product that BARELY brightens the complexion, as it states. Upon application, yes there is a noticeable brightening effect. It loses its lustre quite quickly though, and instead of holding my foundation in place, it makes me appear much more oily than I really am. The packaging is cute, I like the light scent, and it does have a nice, smooth application. But that's not enough to impress me. It's supposed to prolong the wear of your makeup and give you an extra brightening glow. It fails miserably at what it CLAIMS to do. I will never repurchase.

on 5/4/2012 11:14:00 AM

Pros: nice smell, cute packaging
Cons: could not see any effect whatsoever; ridiculously expensive.
I really didn't know if this product did anything for me to be honest. I would say that on days that I've used this, my skin did indeed looked like it was glowing, and the effect pretty much lasted the entire day. Bonus points for the nice smell. As a primer, it's not as impressive because on a recent day outing , my make-up was gone in 60 seconds after being exposed in Manila's excruciatingly hot weather. I only got this in sample size but I wouldn't re-purchase because of the price, and the fact that I really couldn't say if it did anything for me. I've stopped using this though because of a recent awesome discovery, a BB cream from another brand which I will writing a review once I get the chance to.

on 4/23/2012 11:24:00 PM

I think this is meant to be a dupe like for Mac's Prep + Prime in Recharge or a Rimmel Fix & Perfect 001 but it definitely doesn't perform like its peers.
PROS: The smell is amazing. I actually looked forward to using the primer mostly because it smells so good. It feels nice and smooth on the skin. It initially is very refreshing to use because of the colour, smell and texture but that is short lived as it seems to sink into the skin.
CONS: Primer shouldn't sink into the skin like this does. The brightening power is shortly lived and doesn't really combat the dull after its been applied; but even so, I would buy it up everyday if it didn't cost so much.

on 4/22/2012 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I do notice a difference on days when I use That Gal and when I don't. Face looks more refreshed on days that I use it and make up stays longer too. This is the first and only primer I tried, so I am glad that it works.

on 4/19/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't do anything for my skin neither does it make my skin look any better. Nice consistancy though, won't repurchase condering how expensive it is. I guess you're mostly paying for the packaging really

on 4/7/2012 2:01:00 PM

The instant perfector of dry, dull sallow skin! This product is not for everyone. It is nothing like those silicone primers so if you're looking for something like that, to prolong the wear and color of your makeup then this primer is NOT for you. What I believe it does is correct discoloration and sallowness of the skin and brightens and helps to perfect the look of the skin. It is perfect for people with dry skin who need brightening. I absolutely love the pink tone it leaves, making the skin appear younger, fresher, alive! Which is good If you're anything like me and look like a walking corpse. It's great if your skin lacks color and is dry but you do not want to tan or use fake tans. It's also great if you have dark skin that tends to look ashy. I absolutely love it, I find I can use much less foundation over top since my skin looks much healthier underneath and it adds more life to my foundation as well. I just wish they gave you more product for your money, it runs out so fast which makes it very costly.

on 3/30/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

When I first apply it it feels kind of dry, not silky or smooth.
It doesn't make any difference, my make up may last just a little bit longer than it does without this primer but I can live without it.