October 24, 2014 | 870 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sampled it before i bought it expecting to like it but it really did nothing for me. In my case it'd be just one more product to take up space really. There was no noticable brightening or staying power, anything. Also way too much pink pigment. Maybe it just doesn't work for my skin tone...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

A great product but i think it is being misunderstood a fair bit here.

First, it is not a generic 'primer' as most of us consider. the benefit website calls it a 'brightening primer' and so it is. the main function of this thing is to brighten ur face and complexion. so if u r looking for a matifying or something that helps ur foundation to stay fresh, that gal is not the one.

secondly, that gal has a quite significant pink tint to it. so it may be more suited to fairer and cooler skin toned girls. i have a neutral cool undertone and medium-fair skin tone, and it works amazingly on my skin. i think if you have a darker skin tone or warmer undertone, that gal may not brighten your skin as effectively as fairer skin tones.

i moisturize my face, then put on my clarins instant smooth perfector primer, followed by that gal all over my face, and finish off with theBalm translucent powder. I also use YSL radiant touch to highlight the high points of my face. the end result is a dewy, fresh and brightened finish. my face looks so natural and fresh and its the perfect combination of makeup if u just feel like something light and natural.

I chose 'will not buy again' becoz i have a lot of other brightening primers / highlighters already....so i feel like a bit of a waste if i stock another brightening product in.. but i run out of my existing stock, i will definitely purchase this again..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I was attracted to the cute packaging and cute name of this product. It comes out this cute pink from the twist tube and has a sweet, almost strawberry shortcake scent (in a nice way!). Though the packaging was cute, I hated that you couldn't tell how much was in the tube (I suspect, very little). Especially considering this was $28, it felt like the amount of product you got was a rip-off. In terms of its priming properties, I personally didn't much / if any difference in my foundation application or the length of time it stayed on. It was pleasant to use, I'm just not convinced that it did much.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by laura23kfp

I generally find any product from Benefit to be very drying on skin and That Gal was no exception. It was very hard to spread on my face and clinged to any dry patches on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LovelyWhite6

I've had this for a little while, say a couple months, I've used it once or twice, Im a little confused as what it is doing when I put it on my face. It gives me pink patches, maybe I should where this on my cheeks underneith a blush. I don't know, the smell of it doesn't appeal to me either. I like the packaging. I just not a fan of the product. Maybe if it dispense a concealer or a cream blush.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't even want to get into this. This product is quite useless. It doesn't help prolong your makeup wear. It doesn't brighten as it claims. It just sits there on your face doing nothing. Also, I didn't realize when I was buying it (stupid me) but it has parabens! The only reason I gave it a two was because it feels very nice. Girlies, do not buy this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I'm not sure this does anything. I don't notice very much, if any, difference when I use this. I tend to use primers as the top coat and not use any foundation and when I wear this it's more like using a moisturizer as the top coat. L'oreal has a new highlighting primer that I like much more.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

This is a so-so primer. Honestly not worth the money for what it does. There weren't any notable benefits to using this primer before my benefit foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as part of a Benefit kit. I like most of the other products but not this one. Unfortunately I have oily skin & this product only makes me look shinier. I wouldn't purchase the full size product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Centcent

So looking at the reviews I suppose this product may work better on fair skin, as for me, a medium skin tone I dont see anything but my red spots get redder.

It doesn't have a nice, velvet finish like most primers, it has a oily one. Barely does anything to keep my make up on. That "brightness" it provides just makes me look shiny and oily.

Love you BeneFit but no thanks.