October 2, 2014 | 1193 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by janelouise

Absolutely in love with this, like most everyone else! I use it for everything-hair, face (great at clearing up any breakouts with my Clarisonic), shaving, laundry etc etc. Very moisturising and love the fact it is vegan. I will always use Dr B's soaps! I also love lavender, almond and tea tree, but this is my fave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this to clean myself (some days) and my makeup brushes. It does both very nicely. I have naturally dry skin, this does not make it worse, for me, I noticed others have said that it does. It feels tingly, yes, but not uncomfortably so, I actually kind of like it. I find the packaging aesthetically appealing (batshit crazy ramblings and all). The price is reasonable, and I imagine it will take me a while to use all the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just stepped out of the shower. my bf bought this yesterday and has been raving about it. he washed his dog with it, used it as a body wash (awesome he says) and tried to brush his teeth with it (totally gross he says). i just used it to wash my hair and it feels SOOO good! very tingly, definitely stimulating my scalp. i washed my face with it, felt awesome all over except my poor little eyeballs were on fire for a couple of seconds. it really got points when it took ALL of my eye makeup off! i had NO raccoon eyes (had on bb long wear eyeliner and eye shadow, plus mascara!). it did leave my face dry as hell afterwards though (but very clean), so definitely moisturize. i used it on my VAGINA and butthole and it didnt BURN at all, just felt that refreshing tingle. :) i will update after using for a couple of weeks, but for now, its totally worth the money. OH-and it lathers like crazy! im impressed...btw: i would NOT use this on my son, he has eczema and this would dry his poor skin out like crazy. sensitive skinned people should steer clear, this would be too drying. i have very oily, acne prone, thick skin so this is great for me. lippie off for flip top (too wasteful), better if it was a pump.
UPDATE!!!!!!!! 07-28-2010
ok, by the time i posted the review above and went to bed, my skin felt like there was a "chalky" layer on it. gross! and then, dont even get me started on my HAIR this morning! it was so nasty-completely oily and seperated/gnarly. i had to hop back into the darn shower and re-wash my hair with regular shampoo. it felt fantastic on my body-all tingly, but i dont like that residue left behind. im bummed because i was so ready to replace all my other products with just this! but again, it got ALL of my eye makeup off in one shot and thats pretty darn impressive. so one lippie for removing eye makeup, one lippie for that awesome peppermint feeling and thats IT.
UPDATE 07-30-2010
ok, i gave it another lippie because i used it again but this time with a scrubbing cloth and i didnt get that "residue". so im STOKED! again, the pepermint was soooo refreshing on my body. i only wish i could use it as a shampoo as it made my scalp tingly. i will buy this just to strictly use as a body scrub. works great for that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by marigold555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone should have a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps at home. I have a variety but I'm focusing on Peppermint in this review. I tried this as a body wash, it stung a little in the sensitive areas. Stopped using it as a body wash and I am now using it as hand soap (diluted with water) and Toothpaste (full strength). For toothpaste I first put a little baking soda on my toothbrush and then 2 or 3 drops of peppermint liquid soap. Its not sweet because conventional toothpastes have artificial sweeteners and this soap doesn't but those 2 or 3 drops foam like crazy! My teeth are the cleanest they've ever felt, no joke! Use this as toothpaste, there is no bad taste from the soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by lorrainelovesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Dr Bronners. I have used it for cleaning, laundry, as a refreshing body wash in the summer, and yes, brusing my teeth once on a camping trip. I love the stuff. Not the best for certain things but works fine. I love that I just pack this and i have everything. Good buy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, I love the peppermint smell and the cooling feeling it gives is great for the summer and it cleans well. I used it on my hair only once and it made it feel sticky and gross (gave it awesome volume though), but its really great for the body. It's the only soap of Dr. Bronner's I like, the rest have the disgusting hemp smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ashleydarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! i first bought it because i heard it was good to clean piercings with. then i started using it for everything else! im in love with the minty smell and tingly sensation. i use it as a body wash, face wash, shampoo, and on my pets. i love how its all natural and doesnt test on animals. will be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hlh25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I desperately wanted to be another happy member of the "All-One God Faith"! I was looking forward to replacing every item in my bathroom with Dr. Bronner's...my shampoo, toothpaste, face wash, and so on. I was looking forward to reading the wonderfully eccentric quotes on the bottle and feeling lucky that I found such a f***ing great soap! I hope they have an emotional support group for people disappointed in Dr. Bronner's, because this soap is awful for me. I can dilute it until the end of time but that does not change the fact that it leaves an oily residue on my skin, my hair, and my hands; it's clogging my pores and making me break out into tiny bumps on my face and chest. However, there is a reason that this oily film happens to some people and not others. It probably has to do with the hardness of the water you bathe in (the amount of mineral deposits in it.) Hard water does NOT clean as effectively as soft water does. Soft water only contains sodium ions. Hard water contains many dissolved minerals. "Soap is less effective in hard water because its reacts to form the calcium or magnesium salt of the organic acid of the soap." Detergents like SLS were partially invented to help clean in situations where soap does not help because of the water hardness. Check with your local water supply to see where you stand - The D.C. Area, which runs on Potomac River water, is hard as hell. No wonder I had issues. The good points about Dr. Bronner's soap for me is that it makes an amazing face pack, wakes up my sinuses, and makes a great hand soap, toothpaste, mouthwash, and shave gel. I'm eager to try it out in soft water at some point, I bet it's wonderful. One last thing before I end my review: Many people say that the peppermint oil tingles a lot "down there," in your "privates", "feminine parts", "downstairs" "nether regions", and so on. Oh my. Are we really at a point where we can't say vagina? If we were on a product review board for men, they would not be saying, "this tingles on my winkie / hot dog / noodle / etc." Ya get what I'm sayin'? Vagina, vagina, VAGINA!

61 out of 70 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Magsy9513

For all you vegan's or vegetarians out there, this soap is awesome! Its not tested on animals ethier! I've tried 3 scents so far-including Lavender which smells great, almond-which smells sweet, and peppermint which smelled exactly like peppermint! When they say this soap is 18 in 1 they arn't kidding! I've used it as a face cleanser, bubble bath, shaving cream, bath tub cleaner, shampoo, makeup brush cleaner, THE LIST GOES ON! I always go to target to get mine..I always get the 2 oz. bottle for 1.99 but I'am really considering next time purchasing 32 oz for 14.99! You really can't get a better multi-purpose soap that this. TRY IT!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This helps clear congested skin! I bought it for my FACE of all things. I thought I was buying the unscented but as you can see - it's hard to see what the scent is when you're just in grab-and-go mode at the store. Actually, it was a fortunate accident because I have been struggling with breakouts and whiteheads for literally months and as soon as I started using this on my face they started to subside and clear up. The pimples even dried up and disappeared! The only thing is, it is pretty drying so you have to alternate this with another gentler cleanser and moisturize well with a good moisturizer. I am so happy with the results - and it's a lot of bang for your buck bc it barely takes any at all for your face and it's a great price for how much you get! If you are fighting white heads daily like I am used to, give it a try, buy the small bottle and see what you think. Worst case scenario you can use it as your shower soap.