July 22, 2014 | 1959 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by lorrainelovesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Dr Bronners. I have used it for cleaning, laundry, as a refreshing body wash in the summer, and yes, brusing my teeth once on a camping trip. I love the stuff. Not the best for certain things but works fine. I love that I just pack this and i have everything. Good buy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, I love the peppermint smell and the cooling feeling it gives is great for the summer and it cleans well. I used it on my hair only once and it made it feel sticky and gross (gave it awesome volume though), but its really great for the body. It's the only soap of Dr. Bronner's I like, the rest have the disgusting hemp smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ashleydarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! i first bought it because i heard it was good to clean piercings with. then i started using it for everything else! im in love with the minty smell and tingly sensation. i use it as a body wash, face wash, shampoo, and on my pets. i love how its all natural and doesnt test on animals. will be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hlh25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I desperately wanted to be another happy member of the "All-One God Faith"! I was looking forward to replacing every item in my bathroom with Dr. Bronner's...my shampoo, toothpaste, face wash, and so on. I was looking forward to reading the wonderfully eccentric quotes on the bottle and feeling lucky that I found such a f***ing great soap! I hope they have an emotional support group for people disappointed in Dr. Bronner's, because this soap is awful for me. I can dilute it until the end of time but that does not change the fact that it leaves an oily residue on my skin, my hair, and my hands; it's clogging my pores and making me break out into tiny bumps on my face and chest. However, there is a reason that this oily film happens to some people and not others. It probably has to do with the hardness of the water you bathe in (the amount of mineral deposits in it.) Hard water does NOT clean as effectively as soft water does. Soft water only contains sodium ions. Hard water contains many dissolved minerals. "Soap is less effective in hard water because its reacts to form the calcium or magnesium salt of the organic acid of the soap." Detergents like SLS were partially invented to help clean in situations where soap does not help because of the water hardness. Check with your local water supply to see where you stand - The D.C. Area, which runs on Potomac River water, is hard as hell. No wonder I had issues. The good points about Dr. Bronner's soap for me is that it makes an amazing face pack, wakes up my sinuses, and makes a great hand soap, toothpaste, mouthwash, and shave gel. I'm eager to try it out in soft water at some point, I bet it's wonderful. One last thing before I end my review: Many people say that the peppermint oil tingles a lot "down there," in your "privates", "feminine parts", "downstairs" "nether regions", and so on. Oh my. Are we really at a point where we can't say vagina? If we were on a product review board for men, they would not be saying, "this tingles on my winkie / hot dog / noodle / etc." Ya get what I'm sayin'? Vagina, vagina, VAGINA!

61 out of 70 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Magsy9513

For all you vegan's or vegetarians out there, this soap is awesome! Its not tested on animals ethier! I've tried 3 scents so far-including Lavender which smells great, almond-which smells sweet, and peppermint which smelled exactly like peppermint! When they say this soap is 18 in 1 they arn't kidding! I've used it as a face cleanser, bubble bath, shaving cream, bath tub cleaner, shampoo, makeup brush cleaner, THE LIST GOES ON! I always go to target to get mine..I always get the 2 oz. bottle for 1.99 but I'am really considering next time purchasing 32 oz for 14.99! You really can't get a better multi-purpose soap that this. TRY IT!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This helps clear congested skin! I bought it for my FACE of all things. I thought I was buying the unscented but as you can see - it's hard to see what the scent is when you're just in grab-and-go mode at the store. Actually, it was a fortunate accident because I have been struggling with breakouts and whiteheads for literally months and as soon as I started using this on my face they started to subside and clear up. The pimples even dried up and disappeared! The only thing is, it is pretty drying so you have to alternate this with another gentler cleanser and moisturize well with a good moisturizer. I am so happy with the results - and it's a lot of bang for your buck bc it barely takes any at all for your face and it's a great price for how much you get! If you are fighting white heads daily like I am used to, give it a try, buy the small bottle and see what you think. Worst case scenario you can use it as your shower soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by lululemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't praise this enough.

It is my go-to cleanser and I've not had a single breakout since switching over. (It's been four months, and I've got sensitive, acne-prone skin) My skin feels clean without being tight, and the soap's perfect as a body cleanser as well - I use this on mornings when I find it impossible to wake up.

It's got an amazing fresh peppermint scent, priced well, multifunctional and all-around the best find I've made in ages. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing that prevents me from giving this 5 stars is that it's a bit rough on the delicate bits. But on the rest of me it leaves me tingling and clean. The smell is strong, but it's nice and refreshing. It's a bit watery, so it's like washing with dishsoap, I bet decanting it into a smaller bottle would help with some of the waste. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by asiaisthebest

Thank god for this product! I recently broke out worse than I ever have in my life, due to stress.

Paging Dr. Bronner! I had a bottle of the Baby Mild formula in my cupboard, and had never thought of using it on my face, but I had tried everything else, so I thought, why not. I had nothing to lose, my skin was looking that bad.

I added some tea tree oil and peppermint oil to the baby mild, and wow! I washed my face three times yesterday, and once this morning and I am already seeing a MAJOR difference. I know this sounds extreme, but it's the truth! I think it probably has to do with the fact that it cleanses very thoroughly, but because it's made with oil, it also seals in moisture, so your skin doesn't react to over-drying by making more of it's own, zit-causing oil.

The only CON: It's going to be very hard for my not to buy EVERYTHING in this product line!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I had seen this product on drugstore shelves and was intrigued by the packaging, but never thought to buy it until I came across the positive reviews on MUA. Some users mentioned this eliminated their KP, so I bought the Peppermint one in hopes it would do the same. PROS: scent is invigorating & fresh; organic; lathers well; cooling (esp after workout). CONS: sometimes too cooling (particularly in the nether regions); liquidy so it's hard to control the amount dispensed; quasi-expensive; lather leaves my hair tangled. At this point, I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. I haven't seen any improvement in my upper-arm KP; but at the same time, this hasn't caused any adverse reactions. I love the fact I'm using an all natural, organic product on my body, though. And using the peppermint variety makes me feel extra fresh and clean. I'll update with anything significant, but as of now, I'm still on the fence... UPDATE (4/26/10): After using this for a few weeks, I'm no longer on the fence... I would not buy it again. Unfortunately, this makes my skin very dry, flaky, and ashy, exacerbates my tendency to get ingrowns, and my upper-arm KP hasn't gotten any better. Oh well... =(