July 29, 2014 | 1944 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by inkblot15

I use the nano digital CHI.
PRO: works better than any other flat iron I've used
makes hair soft
doesn't kill the volume in your hair
doesn't feel fried afterwords
adjustable temperature

CON: The buttons sometimes get in the way of me clamping down on my hair and I realize that I have lowered the temperature
If straighten a piece of hair too many times it gets static-y

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by mingaling88

Sigh...my CHI flat iron decided to die on me this morning. The red LED light just went off while I was in the middle of straightening my hair and the plates started going cold. I just bought this straightener from a pricey salon in my city for $179 canadian on May 19, 2010....it is now July 29, 2010 so yeah....2 months and that was all it took for this to die on me!! I'm really frustrated right now, and I don't plan on ever buying this straightener again. I spent a crap load of money on this and it dies so easily!

Before I bought this straightener I read the reviews on this site and saw that you needed to take good care of the CHI straightener, esp when it came to the cord. So when I bought this for $179 of course I was going to take great care of it! I even put a squishy blanket in the drawer that I kept it in to cushion it while it was in storage!!! And I took extra care of the cord, I never wrapped it around the straightener, nor did I ever let it touch the hot plates!

I'm not sure why this straightener died one me, but I think i'll try to get the company to replace mine since I only had it for such a short time. If not, then i'll just go back to my crappy 2 year old Revlon straightener that I bought from walmart...its a 30 buck straightener, but at least its lasted longer than this $179 CHI!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by argstar96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this chi! i've had it for about a year now, but it just recently shut down on me. it doesn't even turn on at all anymore. i've tried the reset button, but nothing is working.
i've used it MANY times though and everytime i was impressed since i have thick, curly hair. it straightens very fast, but i do usually have to go over it more than once to get it really straight.
there is only one heat setting and i would love it even more if there were adjustable settings.
it also does good curls and waves, but i found it to be sometimes difficult to turn the iron if you're curling it.
it's a great straightener and it lasted a long time, and i'll probably purchase it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jay45

My best friends mom is a hair stylist and she was able to get me my baby blue CHI flatiron at a supply store for $49. I had used just a drug store Conair straightener before and found that none really worked the way I wanted it to. I really like my CHI, its easy to use, doesnt damage my hair, takes half as long as my other straighteners did, and travels well. I find that this iron heats up quickly and is really hot. I have fine hair, but a lot of it, and with sectioning my hair it only takes about 5 minutes for my whole head of hair. I have had this iron for 2+ years and its just as hot as the first time I used it. As well, the plates dont get annoying buildup like some hot tools do. The only downfall to this iron is that it does not have a heat control. I think my next one will be the CHI digital! Love these irons!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by CaMichelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This flat iron is impressive. It is worth the cost in my opinion. I have purchased other flat irons which have been cheaper and not worked as well.
I like it because it is easy to use, however I don't think I will ever be able to make my hair look the way they do at the salon. I purchased it at my salon after my hair stylist used it on me.
It heats up quickly, straightens well, leaves the hair shiny, and packs well for travel.
I recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not impressed by this iron. Like others have said, no heat settings and did not do a good job at straightening (my hair should be easy since it is fine textured). Was not smooth either. I have been using a remington iron which is less than half the cost and it works much better and has heat settings. Waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by heidi1990

OK but Not as good as HAI. it doesnt have heat settings {which is weird for a $100 iron} and doesnt straighten my hair on the first pass. I feel that it damages more than my HAI used to. I really dont think its worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by umyourefugly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read a lot of reviews and nobody answered the question... Does the Chi keep your hair straight all day? Or will it curl like most straighteners? Does it stay sleek? Someone please answer me! I've heard a lot of good reviews on it and if it makes your hair long lasting straight, I'll def buy it! (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this for my birthday and I LOVE IT! I've been really wanting one for about 2 years and after having to buy serval cheaper brands because they didn't get hot enough, I decided to use my birthday money to buy it. Yes it is a lot of money but its more than worth it! I would buy another one if mine ever breaks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works great! Heats up fast, makes hair shiny, etc. HOWEVER it for $100.00+ I would expect it to last longer than my $30.00 Revlon....except it didn't. After 1-2 years of having this it DIED. The wire at the base burned through. I won't buy another one.