December 19, 2014 | 1566 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by reillykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Toasted my hair. The Sebu works much better. Overrated and overpriced.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by tawxil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say, this straightener is really great...but not the best. The best is some random straightener my hairstlylist used on me and I'm gonna go back and find out the name...but I'm getting ahead of myself. Overall, it does the job and it does it well. I've had it for over 2 years and only now has it decided to eff off and not get as hot and the coating is starting to wear down too....I should mention my hair is thick, curly and has a mind of its own. Think Medusa. And when I'm done with this straightener, it's smooth and sleek. And then I walk outside and am greeted with my friend humidity and I go old school Carrot Top....ANYWAYS. Good flat iron...totally recommend it.
And really effing expensive....but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by LoveLightPink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this for a little more than two years. I generally use a heat spray with this but of course your hair will get damaged if you use it daily. It does do a good job of straightening my slightly wavy and frizzy hair.
I don't think i would buy this again considering i think it will last for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by tinadu27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

cheapest at spadina college beauty supply

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To get to the point: I've used waaaay cheaper flatirons (Remington, Conair, Revlon, etc.) which have given me better results than this CHI.

I am appalled by how damaging this flatiron has been to my hair despite having religiously ALWAYS applying a heat protection prior to usage. I recently got a trim and now I need to go back for another one?! Completely ridiculous! I, too, feel as though I've been scammed or something. Any "ceramic" in it is purely fake, IMHO! C

Don't waste your hard-earned money on this expensive junk - most likely anything else labeled with ceramic blades can't possibly be worse than this one

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down best flat iron ever! And phenomenal customer service! Farouk replaced both of my flat irons when they couldn't be repaired. I don't know any other company that would do that for a customer. No other flat iron can compare. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by inkblot15

I use the nano digital CHI.
PRO: works better than any other flat iron I've used
makes hair soft
doesn't kill the volume in your hair
doesn't feel fried afterwords
adjustable temperature

CON: The buttons sometimes get in the way of me clamping down on my hair and I realize that I have lowered the temperature
If straighten a piece of hair too many times it gets static-y

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by mingaling88

Sigh...my CHI flat iron decided to die on me this morning. The red LED light just went off while I was in the middle of straightening my hair and the plates started going cold. I just bought this straightener from a pricey salon in my city for $179 canadian on May 19, 2010....it is now July 29, 2010 so yeah....2 months and that was all it took for this to die on me!! I'm really frustrated right now, and I don't plan on ever buying this straightener again. I spent a crap load of money on this and it dies so easily!

Before I bought this straightener I read the reviews on this site and saw that you needed to take good care of the CHI straightener, esp when it came to the cord. So when I bought this for $179 of course I was going to take great care of it! I even put a squishy blanket in the drawer that I kept it in to cushion it while it was in storage!!! And I took extra care of the cord, I never wrapped it around the straightener, nor did I ever let it touch the hot plates!

I'm not sure why this straightener died one me, but I think i'll try to get the company to replace mine since I only had it for such a short time. If not, then i'll just go back to my crappy 2 year old Revlon straightener that I bought from walmart...its a 30 buck straightener, but at least its lasted longer than this $179 CHI!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by argstar96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this chi! i've had it for about a year now, but it just recently shut down on me. it doesn't even turn on at all anymore. i've tried the reset button, but nothing is working.
i've used it MANY times though and everytime i was impressed since i have thick, curly hair. it straightens very fast, but i do usually have to go over it more than once to get it really straight.
there is only one heat setting and i would love it even more if there were adjustable settings.
it also does good curls and waves, but i found it to be sometimes difficult to turn the iron if you're curling it.
it's a great straightener and it lasted a long time, and i'll probably purchase it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jay45

My best friends mom is a hair stylist and she was able to get me my baby blue CHI flatiron at a supply store for $49. I had used just a drug store Conair straightener before and found that none really worked the way I wanted it to. I really like my CHI, its easy to use, doesnt damage my hair, takes half as long as my other straighteners did, and travels well. I find that this iron heats up quickly and is really hot. I have fine hair, but a lot of it, and with sectioning my hair it only takes about 5 minutes for my whole head of hair. I have had this iron for 2+ years and its just as hot as the first time I used it. As well, the plates dont get annoying buildup like some hot tools do. The only downfall to this iron is that it does not have a heat control. I think my next one will be the CHI digital! Love these irons!