China Glaze For Audrey

4.3

on 12/18/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a bunch of China Glaze nail polishes from 8ty8 Beauty for $3.00 each. I don't usually go for the "Easter"-pastel colors, but I decided to go with this because Xteeener wears this on her nails in quite a few of her videos and I wanted a color different from my usual purples and dark pinks. I used Seche Clear base coat and Sally Hansen Insta-dri top coat.

The first thing I noticed was that application was quite thick. My usual method is to half scrape the polish from one side of the brush and then scrape the entire brush on the other side, but this still left way too much polish on the brush. At least this meant an opaque finish!

It should be noted that this color/brush isn't for people who want perfect application in one go. I had to touch up quite a few of my nails...though to be fair, I was rushing a little.

The polish dried quickly, despite the thick application. There were a few bubbles, and one nail was a little streaky, but nothing to fuss over, especially for a casual-polish-wearer like me.

When I was finished, I was less than thrilled with the color. It didn't really suit my skin tone (Asian, yellow-based), but THEN! I noticed later in the day that the color appeared to have oxidized into a bolder, deeper color. There's no other way to describe it. Someone in these reviews said they thought it looked greener? To clarify, For Audrey is still pretty true to the color in the bottle, but now the color doesn't seem to wash out my skin as much.

Update: Minor chipping didn't occur until about the third day, severe chipping followed closely after that, at about the fourth and fifth day. Will be re-doing my nails after six days total. :)

on 12/17/2011 2:21:00 PM

My favourite colour - perfect for the summer, although I wear it year round.

on 12/16/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is AMAZING! It's a beautiful Tiffany Box turquoise shade and an absolute favorite of mine! Another nail polish that's similar to this but more on the blue side of "Tiffany Box" is Orly's "Frisky"."For Audrey" is more on the green side, if that makes any sense. I can't decide which of the two I like more. This nail polish is a spectacular light-medium creme shade. The brush and application were great and it was opaque with 2 coats. I think it's a MUST HAVE.

on 11/17/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

this is the perfect turquoise color! i can't stop looking at my nails. the application was perfect, no streaks at all, two coats give you a perfectly smooth creme finish. love it!

on 10/28/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE IT! It`s a staple shade every female should own - absolutely gorgeous. The price was right - I paid approximately $5. No troubles with application, great formula. Would definitely recommend, works with every skin tone. Without hesitation, I would repurchase!

on 10/24/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this. You could say that this was the polish that started my nail polish addiction! I had just gotten my acrylic nails taken off and was starting to grow my natural nails out, and was looking online for tutorials and suggestions, and saw For Audrey several times. HAD to have it! It looks amazing both in the winter (when I am very, very fair) and the summer (when I have a little more color to me) and I get so many comments on it when I wear it. I occasionally will wear it under a black french tip for something different. Definitely one of my favorites and I will repurchase again once I'm out.

on 10/22/2011 4:33:00 PM

This is an AMAZING colour. The perfect Tiffany box blue (hence the name 'For Audrey' in reference to Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I love this shade so much, and I get compliements all the time when I wear it. Perfect for summer and definetly on trend! Also- a cheaper dupe to Essie's 'Turquoise and Caicos' (and imo, way cuter!).

on 10/18/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very mixed feelings for this color. First of all to get things straight the famous tiffany blue color is protected as a color trademark by Tiffany & Co. in some jurisdictions including the U.S.The color is produced as a private custom color by Pantone, with PMS number 1837, the number deriving from the year of Tiffany's foundation. As a trademarked color, it is not publicly available and is not printed in the Pantone Matching System swatch books.So China Glaze's for audrey its not a tiffany blue color as many have said but its definitely as close to to a tiffany blue color as you can get. The color is a light minty/baby blue color. Its a very rich creamy shade and the application goes on quite well the consistency is so rich that you can easily get away with just one coat but it will release its full beauty with a second coat. The cons now . Im not a huge fan of bright fun colors and I think especially this one looks a bit childish at least on me, so I dont wear it that often. Second im not really satisfied from China Glazes brushes.The brush is quite smal and rounded and that makes the application near the cuticle area a pain in the ass. Another thing that I have noticed is that after hours the color oxidizes on me and turns into a more greenish kinda color. And last the formula of the polish is a bit thick and I always end up layering thick coats and that causes chipping. Imma say it again for me the main problem with this color is that looks childish I prefer more sophisticated and deep colors. A good alternative that looks a bit more "grown up" is Essie's mint candy apple, its less bright

on 9/20/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love love love for Audrey. Simply stunning on my NW35 skin looks great under silver or black crackle. I love using this under Andrea Fullerton's glitter.Love love love for Audrey. Simply stunning on my NW35 skin looks great under silver or black crackle. I love using this under Andrea Fullerton's glitter.

on 9/20/2011 3:34:00 PM

Cute color, but not the greatest against my skin tone. :)

Popular Polishes