October 2, 2014 | 938 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by dianaaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently because I had used it a couple years back and liked it (until I broke it). I got color-matched to how light I am currently and I do like the formula. This is honestly a bad product if you have dry skin, unless you moisturize like CRAZY. It can be somewhat cakey if you apply too much, but the coverage is flawless. If you have oily skin, this will work great with you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by marifixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I am a Mac maniac, and I have been using this product for a couple years now. I like wearing this all year around, but in different ways.

During the summer I like using this along with my Fix + to get rid of the powdery look. During winter it is super cold and dry here in Sweden, so I use this to set my foundation/bb cream to get a bit more coverage.

I love love love this and would recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC, and i've used this product for years. It's a full coverage powder foundation, that is really easy to use, and applies quickly. I wouldn't use this as a setting powder. Since it's already a foundation it can look cakey if applied over another foundation. The packaging is the best compact I've ever used, I've dropped it several times (even on cement), and it's never broken to pieces on me. It has a compartment underneath the powder for the sponge, but I used that once and threw it away. Lately my skin has gotten drier, and I haven't been able to use it, but it's a really good product I would recommend for normal-oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Niki726

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this over my Studio Fix fluid foundation for a perfect, full coverage look. I have acne scars and uneven skin so the powder by itself isn't enough for me. I gave it 4 stars because at $27 it's not cheap and I go through one about every 3 or 4 months. Other than that it's a great product and I would recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product so much! I bought it after reading some of the glowing reviews on here. I wanted to give powder foundation a go because it seemed to be a much quicker alternative to liquid foundation. I'm always on the go, so I need something that won't take a lot of time to apply. As much as it works in that aspect, I suspect that it made me break out. I hadn't changed anything else in my routine (skincare or makeup), and within a couple days of using this, I got THREE angry cysts on my face. I never get cystic acne so I knew this had to be the culprit. I loved the coverage and finish of this product, so it really saddened me that I had to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this around 2 years ago when I really liked the matte flawless look, I used it all the time on top of my foundation, then I just started to wear concealer and this pressed onto my skin (AMAZING COVERAGE), and now I tend to just use it on my blemishes as I prefer a dewy look. This is a staple, has lasted me the full two years and gives a coverage like no other! Can be used wet or dry, comes with a good latex sponge in a seperate storage compartment so you can put lashes in there on the way back home from a night out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by andjanir

It is a very good powder. I have acne-prone, and also a oily skin. It has a medium coverage and a light finished look, so i use it for daily use.

But i wouldnt use it for a formal occasion without put foundation or bb cream as a base.

Anyway i use C3 here!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by rosat93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love using this powder when I don't feel like using my studio fix liquid foundation. It evens out my skin without it making my face look 'cakey'. However if using liquid foundation and this powder make sure to use a very light hand. Prefer this over my Stay Matte powder by Rimmel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this product and I will explain immediately why.
If I use it alone without another foundation on top and only very lightly, it gives a very nice simple coverage and natural.
If I use it on top of a liquid foundation, no matter how lightly I apply it (stippling brush, puff, fan brush etc) it looks very cakey and horrible.
In both cases it doesn't show any dry patches on my skin which is great though.
I have a looong time and I still haven't finish it because I don't reach for it that much so I probably would not repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say this is the BEST powder foundation I have ever used. Keep in mind that there are a lot of silicones in it to make it go on smooth and not get all blotchy. I'm an NC25. I have larger pores by my nose and I have a very oily t-zone and moderately oily on the rest of my face but not a problem when it comes to makeup. I like to use milk of magnesia on my t-zone and doing so makes the foundation stay in place and not crease into the smile lines.

I find that this foundation gives light to medium coverage. I tend to get the occasional breakout on the side of my face and not have problems in the center. I usually use a dense kabuki brush to sort of pat on the powder and buff it into the center to put very little there and i still get good coverage and have no problems with it fading or not covering.

I LOVE that there is a color for me. I have quite a yellow undertone and use NC25 and it works great for me. Other powders I've used have more pink in them or are neutral and I'd end up looking pink or ashy. With this powder and color it doesn't give me that mask-like appearance.

I feel as though the silicones in it also prevent it from looking super chalky and gross, it's matte but not chalky.

I love the packaging and how they separated the sponge from laying on top of the powder. I don't use the sponge but I know people do and this is just a nice design for those people.

This powder foundation is the absolute best there is when it comes to powder foundation. It's a light powder but actually covers without getting chalky or going on unevenly and with the color selection you're not gonna end up with a lighter colored face or orange