MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, to start off with, this product is okay. It provides your face a great dewy finish, low coverage and light "mineralized powder". However I really don't think I will be repurchasing this again. I think I want to try Bare Minerals specifically for the reason that none of the MSF naturals match my skin tone. I have both the medium dark and medium plus i can honestly say the medium plus is a bit too light / tan and the medium dark is too dark / orange. There isn't a shade in between these to so i don't really like using this powder. The idea of it is great and such but it just doesn't have a perfect wide range of colors. The price is also pretty expensive. Its $31.00 in Canada and I know that they did raise the price by $1.00 which kind of sucks. OHH and also this powder is not great at controlling OILLY FACES.. well kinda. I have oily skin and the lasting power of this powder is very great. So i don't recommend you get this if you have oily. Overall I will not repurchase this powder and I am not that happy with this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

In my ongoing search for products, I acquired this one for use on my clients who have mid tone complexions and want a sculpted look -- now I have just about every sculpting product made, and every dark powder that comes across my hands is up for consideration. I had not given this mineralized product much thought until I started to play around with it and found that the color works perfectly for 2.5 to 4.0 skins by using it to sculpt cheekbones and diminish jowls and other "imperfections" (not my term but many of my clients feel they are imperfect)... especially for photography.

With wedding season coming up this will prove to be a great help in sculpting faces.

Worth the price.
You use it with a kabuki brush to really work it into your skin. I use mine on top of my foundation and it gives the most fabulous finish. I cannot believe I lived my life without this.

I want to review this product because i believe that people's reviews on this site on different products are very helpful so maybe i can help some people to decide as well.

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. I have a medium (about NC40 on MAC), combination/dry skin. I want to say that i really love this product. It is good to use as setting powder or by its own. Some products are seasonal, what i meant by that is some products are only good to use on warmer or cooler days. This product is very flexible, i've been using days all throught the year. I use this to set my liquid foundation on cooler/winter days and use this by its own on warmer/summer days with a little bit of concealer.

This product has a smooth consistency and gives you flawless finish after you put it on. It has a very light coverage that is nice to just even out your skin tone. This product does not clog my pores, does not break me out and does not dry my skin at all. I do not have an acne-prone skin so I dont know how will it work on some people with that kind of skin. Overall i really love this product and will continue to buy it again. I also recommend this product for people who are looking for a light coverage powder that you can use everyday.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this powder. I use it every single day and it gives the most natural finish. It's very light and comfortable to wear and lasts all day even in the summer heat of Las Vegas. I can apply this with a fluffy brush for light coverage or with a dense flat top brush for medium coverage. It minimizes the appearance of my large pores, doesn't break me out, and doesn't dry out my skin either. This is the first make up product that I've ever completely finished in my life and I'm halfway through my second compact :) I hope they NEVER discontinue this powder!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitelu HG material!

It's totally my favorite pressed face powder ever and I've used a lot of different ones. My skin is sensitive as heck, too, and (so far) it hasn't broken me out (though I have been breaking out lately, that was before I started using this powder). This is pretty much a perfect match for when my skin is at its lightest (aka winter and when I'm not in the hot sun).

There is tons of product in the container (10 grams/0.35 ounces) and that really does last forever! I use my 187 MAC stippling brush to apply it and it really has buildable coverage. I wear it without foundation and my skin looks flawless! It's really finely milled and your skin just seems to get perfect as you apply it without looking powdery or cakey.

I'll keep buying it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Used it so far for contouring. The colour is not orange and very natural on my NC20, asian skin. Will repurchase if i can ever finish this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this powder before but in deep dark. I used to use it to contour until I bought the studio sculpt foundation and then my studio fix was WAY to heavy to use as a setting powder. When I bragged this in medium dark I thought it was a bit too dark for me but when I put it over my nc40 foundation it looked perfect, after oxidazation it turned a little too dark but its ok, i just look about 2 shades tanner. : ) in a natural way. Would buy this again.!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am so pleased with this product!!! I use this to set my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless. I use a brush to apply. It is so light but it does the job very welI. I will absolutely buy this over and over again!!!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OH MY GOODNESS! I bought this powder because so many guru's use it to set their makeup, but I thought it'd be another hyped-up product. Boy was I wrong!!

To set my makeup, I've used MUFE's HD powder, Guerlain powders, and CARGO's HD powder and NONE of them even come close to giving the 'perfect glowy skin' look that this powder gives.

I tried to use this powder on it's own, but it wasn't able to cover up the redness on my cheeks. :( REGARDLESS, still 5/5 because few powders can (my Guerlain one does a better job if anyone is wondering) and this one is magnificent as a setting powder!!!!!

Recommended for Normal Skin