MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 5/16/2010 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

In my ongoing search for products, I acquired this one for use on my clients who have mid tone complexions and want a sculpted look -- now I have just about every sculpting product made, and every dark powder that comes across my hands is up for consideration. I had not given this mineralized product much thought until I started to play around with it and found that the color works perfectly for 2.5 to 4.0 skins by using it to sculpt cheekbones and diminish jowls and other "imperfections" (not my term but many of my clients feel they are imperfect)... especially for photography.

With wedding season coming up this will prove to be a great help in sculpting faces.

on 5/15/2010 1:22:00 AM

Worth the price.
You use it with a kabuki brush to really work it into your skin. I use mine on top of my foundation and it gives the most fabulous finish. I cannot believe I lived my life without this.

on 5/14/2010 2:20:00 PM

I want to review this product because i believe that people's reviews on this site on different products are very helpful so maybe i can help some people to decide as well.

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. I have a medium (about NC40 on MAC), combination/dry skin. I want to say that i really love this product. It is good to use as setting powder or by its own. Some products are seasonal, what i meant by that is some products are only good to use on warmer or cooler days. This product is very flexible, i've been using days all throught the year. I use this to set my liquid foundation on cooler/winter days and use this by its own on warmer/summer days with a little bit of concealer.

This product has a smooth consistency and gives you flawless finish after you put it on. It has a very light coverage that is nice to just even out your skin tone. This product does not clog my pores, does not break me out and does not dry my skin at all. I do not have an acne-prone skin so I dont know how will it work on some people with that kind of skin. Overall i really love this product and will continue to buy it again. I also recommend this product for people who are looking for a light coverage powder that you can use everyday.

on 5/11/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this powder. I use it every single day and it gives the most natural finish. It's very light and comfortable to wear and lasts all day even in the summer heat of Las Vegas. I can apply this with a fluffy brush for light coverage or with a dense flat top brush for medium coverage. It minimizes the appearance of my large pores, doesn't break me out, and doesn't dry out my skin either. This is the first make up product that I've ever completely finished in my life and I'm halfway through my second compact :) I hope they NEVER discontinue this powder!!

on 4/30/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitelu HG material!

It's totally my favorite pressed face powder ever and I've used a lot of different ones. My skin is sensitive as heck, too, and (so far) it hasn't broken me out (though I have been breaking out lately, that was before I started using this powder). This is pretty much a perfect match for when my skin is at its lightest (aka winter and when I'm not in the hot sun).

There is tons of product in the container (10 grams/0.35 ounces) and that really does last forever! I use my 187 MAC stippling brush to apply it and it really has buildable coverage. I wear it without foundation and my skin looks flawless! It's really finely milled and your skin just seems to get perfect as you apply it without looking powdery or cakey.

I'll keep buying it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Used it so far for contouring. The colour is not orange and very natural on my NC20, asian skin. Will repurchase if i can ever finish this.

on 4/19/2010 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this powder before but in deep dark. I used to use it to contour until I bought the studio sculpt foundation and then my studio fix was WAY to heavy to use as a setting powder. When I bragged this in medium dark I thought it was a bit too dark for me but when I put it over my nc40 foundation it looked perfect, after oxidazation it turned a little too dark but its ok, i just look about 2 shades tanner. : ) in a natural way. Would buy this again.!

on 4/15/2010 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am so pleased with this product!!! I use this to set my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless. I use a brush to apply. It is so light but it does the job very welI. I will absolutely buy this over and over again!!!

on 4/15/2010 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OH MY GOODNESS! I bought this powder because so many guru's use it to set their makeup, but I thought it'd be another hyped-up product. Boy was I wrong!!

To set my makeup, I've used MUFE's HD powder, Guerlain powders, and CARGO's HD powder and NONE of them even come close to giving the 'perfect glowy skin' look that this powder gives.

I tried to use this powder on it's own, but it wasn't able to cover up the redness on my cheeks. :( REGARDLESS, still 5/5 because few powders can (my Guerlain one does a better job if anyone is wondering) and this one is magnificent as a setting powder!!!!!

on 4/14/2010 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this powder! It is so finely milled, and applies on like a dream! I am NC 37 in Mineralize satin finish, the MA actually recommended a shade lighter that this which i think is medium plus, because it matched my skin tone PERFECTLY, but I was at my very palest that I am all year. So I wanted to get it in a shade darker so that I could also use it in the summer months. Using it right now it is a little bit darker than my actual skin tone but after my tinted moisturizer and/or foundation, it blends into my skin seamlessly. The finish i would say isn't totally matte, but it doesn't have a sheen either. It just looks so natural just like real skin should look. The MA told me she always uses this on girls for weddings because it gives such a beautiful soft finish. I use it to either set my face, or just over a tinted moisturizer (that i always use no matter what) and it gives sort of an airbrushed look. It doesn't have the most coverage, because it obviously isn't like a powder foundation, but does give a little bit of coverage in terms of evening out skin tone. A bit pricey, but the MA told me it would last forever, which it seems to be doing. I have been using it everyday for almost a month now, and I don't even see a dent. This is so finely milled that i can swipe my powder brush over it and i feel like it barely touched it, but when i look at the brush I see all the product on it, if that makes sense. Plus the minerals are supposed to be good for your skin. Yet another incredible, high quality product from MAC! Sorry long review, but I love this stuff!