October 25, 2014 | 1644 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this would be a great way to get my primer and SPF all in one step, so I purchased even though it is very expensive for a small amount of product. Unfortunately, it broke me out and I had to stop using it. I have since realized that I had a sensitivity to silicones, which are in almost all makeup primers and other face products as well. Many people have sensitivities to silicone and break out because of them. If you find that this product breaks you out, I recommend avoiding silicones in cosmetics and skin care. It has made a difference for me. Watch for ingredients that end in -cone or -xane.
Other than the breakouts, this product is pretty good. Did not make my face shiny, and helped my makeup stay on a bit longer. Just avoid it if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week and i love it. works well as a primer and the fact that it has spf50 is excellent. Feels light weight and can be worn alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by SimPLe_GuRL

i really want to like this product but this is the worse primer i ever use. it broke me out in an instant. it feels greassy, not sure if it makes my make up last longer. i

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product, I really do. It's the most effective primer that I've ever used. I'm not sure why the product description on MAC says it "[w]ill not affect the look, texture or long-wear integrity of your makeup" because it does: it makes it smoother and last longer, durrr.

Semantics aside, I try not to use this product unless I will be outdoors for extended periods of time because of the silicone in the product (since I break out at the drop of a hat). In a perfect world, this would be silicone-free, but in a perfect world I'd have perfect, blemish-free skin and therefore have no need for primer/foundation. :)

Overall, I really like this product again and would purchase it again once I run out. It could probably do with some better packaging, but I haven't used enough of the product for it to be an issue. Yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product, does exactly what it says. Took off a star cause it breaks me out within hours of wear. :( too bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only thing that I dislike about this product is the price. $30 is a little pricy, but I will still buy it. That is how good this stuff is. I have combination skin, and I break out often. I do not like the feel of silicone on my face so certain products I will not use even if they perform well. This stuff feels light on my face, and it has SPF 50. I had read all the good reviews on this product because I was on the hunt for a good SPF for my face. I was apprehensive about buying because of the price but everything I bought previously to this purchase has made my make up slide off my face with in the first hour of applying. So I broke down and made the purchase. Glad I did; I have no issues with the length of wear with this SPF. I do notice at the end of the day, it kind of balls up, like I have a layer of something on my face that I can rub off with my finger tips. I figure it is this primer because it is my newest addition and I didn't have this issue before. No matter, I still like it. I think that it shows how well this stuff stays on and keeps make up put. I just use a good make up remover at the end of the day and problem solved. Personally I like Ponds, its cheap and gets the job done.
I will definitely repurchase unless I find a good dupe.
EDIT: 10/8/2011 I will not be repurchasing. Since it has been a little rainy in Cen Cal this past week, I decided to use my Monistat and save this expensive MAC primer. Then yesterday I was getting ready for work and decided to use MAC because it was sunny out. Bad idea. Compared to my Monistat this stuff sucks! I like to use MAC Studio Fix powder alone on most days and do liquid foundation on special days. Well when I put it on over the MAC primer it looked so gross! It looked like I had streaks and I tried using both the sponge and a kabuki buffer brush. To no avail, my make up looked streaky, clumpy, it even looked like I had dry skin, and you could see my pores (the primer just sank into them). IDK why I didn't see this before, but I guess when I used Monistat and saw how flawless my Studio Fix powder looked I realized this stuff just doesn't work for me. If anyone has a suggestion on a good SPF let me know. it is disappointing and IDK why it isn't working for me.
EDIT 5/16/12: I really want to like this stuff so I keep trying it. Today I used it & it made my face look very dry & flakey. I'm not entirely sure it's this stuff, but it was the only thing I did different this morning. I did start on Retin a but that was 2 months ago & I haven't had much flaking untill today after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of primers as I hate the silicone feeling. I'm a mineral makeup wearer and don't like anything heavy on my face. This primer is the only one that I actually like - it feels lightweight on the skin and doesn't have too many cones. I do not use much at all, less than a pea size for my nose/chin/forehead. I have combination skin leaning more towards the normal side but occasionally oil up in my tzone especially in warm weather. This primer not only keeps my makeup in place all day (15 hours no problem!), it controls oil amazingly. I do not need to touch up at all. I'm on my feet all day at work moving all around the store and tend to get a little hot and sweaty, so my face usually looks overly dewy after my shift...when I wear this, there are virtually no oils on my face whatsoever. It does not seem to break me out either which is a bonus. Pricey (for me) and the packaging is terrible, it's hard to get the last bits out unless you resort to cutting the tube open. However it is well worth it and my tube tends to last me the whole year.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Catkins

This is a great product for my oily skin, it sinks in nicely and keeps me matte , it doesn't have that greasy feel that some sunscreens have. Plus its great having the SPF50 in it.
The only negative I can say is the price - it is quite expensive and you don't get much product for the price either. However I will most probably purchase again until I find something cheaper that works as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I've wanted to try this for a long time and finally decided to bite the bullet when I moved away from a MAC counter because absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Pros: Lightweight, good spf ingredients, high spf quotient

Cons: Not as lightweight as I'd hoped or as light as LRP anthelios ultra light. Not a slam dunk primer so I don't get the primer portion of their claim. Expensive. Container is hard and makes getting product out harder than it should be. Drying to my mature skin. AND I think it is breaking me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by DurbanChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this primer a lot! I have very oily skin in the Summer and it helps to mattify my skin and leaves it smooth for my foundation application. It makes my foundation last longer and my face does not get as oily as it used to halfway through the day. I do still have to use an oil-blotting sheet in my T-zone area but it's not quite as bad as it used t be.
Since it does have spf 50 and is a bit on the pricey side, I will probably only repurchase and use this in the Summer.