April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only thing that I dislike about this product is the price. $30 is a little pricy, but I will still buy it. That is how good this stuff is. I have combination skin, and I break out often. I do not like the feel of silicone on my face so certain products I will not use even if they perform well. This stuff feels light on my face, and it has SPF 50. I had read all the good reviews on this product because I was on the hunt for a good SPF for my face. I was apprehensive about buying because of the price but everything I bought previously to this purchase has made my make up slide off my face with in the first hour of applying. So I broke down and made the purchase. Glad I did; I have no issues with the length of wear with this SPF. I do notice at the end of the day, it kind of balls up, like I have a layer of something on my face that I can rub off with my finger tips. I figure it is this primer because it is my newest addition and I didn't have this issue before. No matter, I still like it. I think that it shows how well this stuff stays on and keeps make up put. I just use a good make up remover at the end of the day and problem solved. Personally I like Ponds, its cheap and gets the job done.
I will definitely repurchase unless I find a good dupe.
EDIT: 10/8/2011 I will not be repurchasing. Since it has been a little rainy in Cen Cal this past week, I decided to use my Monistat and save this expensive MAC primer. Then yesterday I was getting ready for work and decided to use MAC because it was sunny out. Bad idea. Compared to my Monistat this stuff sucks! I like to use MAC Studio Fix powder alone on most days and do liquid foundation on special days. Well when I put it on over the MAC primer it looked so gross! It looked like I had streaks and I tried using both the sponge and a kabuki buffer brush. To no avail, my make up looked streaky, clumpy, it even looked like I had dry skin, and you could see my pores (the primer just sank into them). IDK why I didn't see this before, but I guess when I used Monistat and saw how flawless my Studio Fix powder looked I realized this stuff just doesn't work for me. If anyone has a suggestion on a good SPF let me know. it is disappointing and IDK why it isn't working for me.
EDIT 5/16/12: I really want to like this stuff so I keep trying it. Today I used it & it made my face look very dry & flakey. I'm not entirely sure it's this stuff, but it was the only thing I did different this morning. I did start on Retin a but that was 2 months ago & I haven't had much flaking untill today after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of primers as I hate the silicone feeling. I'm a mineral makeup wearer and don't like anything heavy on my face. This primer is the only one that I actually like - it feels lightweight on the skin and doesn't have too many cones. I do not use much at all, less than a pea size for my nose/chin/forehead. I have combination skin leaning more towards the normal side but occasionally oil up in my tzone especially in warm weather. This primer not only keeps my makeup in place all day (15 hours no problem!), it controls oil amazingly. I do not need to touch up at all. I'm on my feet all day at work moving all around the store and tend to get a little hot and sweaty, so my face usually looks overly dewy after my shift...when I wear this, there are virtually no oils on my face whatsoever. It does not seem to break me out either which is a bonus. Pricey (for me) and the packaging is terrible, it's hard to get the last bits out unless you resort to cutting the tube open. However it is well worth it and my tube tends to last me the whole year.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Catkins

This is a great product for my oily skin, it sinks in nicely and keeps me matte , it doesn't have that greasy feel that some sunscreens have. Plus its great having the SPF50 in it.
The only negative I can say is the price - it is quite expensive and you don't get much product for the price either. However I will most probably purchase again until I find something cheaper that works as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I've wanted to try this for a long time and finally decided to bite the bullet when I moved away from a MAC counter because absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Pros: Lightweight, good spf ingredients, high spf quotient

Cons: Not as lightweight as I'd hoped or as light as LRP anthelios ultra light. Not a slam dunk primer so I don't get the primer portion of their claim. Expensive. Container is hard and makes getting product out harder than it should be. Drying to my mature skin. AND I think it is breaking me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by DurbanChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this primer a lot! I have very oily skin in the Summer and it helps to mattify my skin and leaves it smooth for my foundation application. It makes my foundation last longer and my face does not get as oily as it used to halfway through the day. I do still have to use an oil-blotting sheet in my T-zone area but it's not quite as bad as it used t be.
Since it does have spf 50 and is a bit on the pricey side, I will probably only repurchase and use this in the Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by EvaW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't belive i haven't reviewed this sooner. This is an absolute must in my routine. I have quite oily skin, and durning school before i used this, i would have to blot and powder after every class. It was horrible. Not to mention when its hot, my makeup would look terrible by the end of the day. After i saw the reviews on this , i had to try it. Let me tell you im so happy i did. I went to the zoo on a 95 degree day, and from the time i put my makeup on that morning (9:00) to around 6, my makeup still looked good! I was alittle shiny on my nose, but it looked more dewy than oily. I used to use a primer and mattifer, now i only have to use this. It works great with any foundation, and dosent break me out. Will always repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gives a very matt look. It looks great with Laura Mercier silk foundation. Creates perfection in fact. The idea of the double duty formula sounds great. Unfortunately for me it blocked my pores terribly and gave me spots. I have to agree about the packaging too. Its incredibly difficult to squeeze the hard plastic tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I usually get the memos really late. This is an example of that. So I have been running around looking for a foundation to stay on my face for many years now. I kept seeing posts on the mu board about how this product was favored by the MUAers but I did not bother to check the sample that I had from way before. So just by sheer coincidence, I wanted to run out and buy something and I used the sample. I put on some bronzer on top and left the house. 2 hours later, I looked at the vicious rear mirror in my car and OMG, my mu looked great. My skin looked great with no shine. I started using this and Studio Fix on top and YOO HOO, my face mu does not melt on me any more. The most important feature about this product is that it contains ZINC. This is great for acne prone skins and literally calms my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

The years-long search for a facial SPF has finally come to an end. I LOVE this product.

Every single SPF out there has made my makeup turn into a complete oil slick on my face. I have spent years trying to find a good one, and they are all crap! Every one made my face oily, greasy, migrating my makeup all over my face and completely changing the texture of my foundation. I had given up on facial sunscreen, until I found this.

I originally didn't even buy this for the spf, I was looking for a good primer that would anchor my makeup to my face. This product both protects your skin with a high SPF and smooths out your skin while holding onto your makeup and providing a perfect canvas for foundation application. I just love it! I even use it at night when I go out.

The only downside is the packaging. The last bit of product does tend to get stuck in there, and it takes a lot of slamming on my bathroom counter to get it all out. Otherwise, thumbs WAY up. The best primer I've used, and it hasn't made my combination skin break out either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is a summer lifesaver. My face is not usually oily but I find this summer I have been getting super shiny, especially my nose. I find this really embarassing. I have to say that this product really works. It doesnt FULLY control the nose shine, but it definitely lessens it. The rest of my face usually remains shine-free, however.

I wanted to try this out in various conditions to give an accurate review. I was out yesterday in 37C/99F degree weather and 12 hours later my face was shiny in certain areas, but a lot less than it would have been in about 3-4 hours without the primer. To give you an example, I travel a lot between cities, so I was on a city bus, then an intercity bus, followed by a 1.5 km walk, then a streetcar, then a subway, then dinner, then another subway. I had this primer on, I did some spot coverage with a cream-based foundation, and dusted on some Cover Girl Clean pressed powder for normal skin. Usually just wearing a non-foundation pressed powder would accelerate my oil production!

The SPF 50 in this only makes it better. I also wore this on a similarly hot day to a waterpark with foundation+powder and my face lasted (I don't put my face under the water or anything though). The only thing I didn't find it work well with is my Revlon Colorstay Aqua.

I don't recommend this for dry skin or skin with a tendency towards being dry. It does dry your face up quite a bit. Also, it can make spreading foundation a bit difficult. That's definitely not a big deal for me, it's minor compared to what a positive difference it makes for me. I find it works excellently with the MAC Pro Longwear foundation, but that's too pricey of a combo for me. I only know they work well together because I got samples. Will continue to use throughout the summer only, and will definitely repurchase if necessary. I should add that I'm not a MAC fan at all and usually try to avoid purchasing that brand, so that just shows how much I actually love this!