December 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - All Soft HEAVY CREAM

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've strayed from using Redken products because they have tended to dry my hair, so I was skeptical when I used this conditioning cream yesterday. I applied it to sprayed-wet and towel-dried hair (medium length, just below my chin). I left it on for 20 minutes and rinsed it out of my hair as I showered. My hair is treated from Clairol Natural Instincts (semi-permanent rinse) but not from dyes, so it is healthy. However, the climate where I live is extremely DRY this time of year (cracked cuticles are a norm) so my hair needs a treatment. I will continue to use this product because I was due to wash my hair today (wash every other day) and all I had to do was plump it with some bathwater and it looks great. The hair is soft without being limp. Redken has a good product here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is conditioner is good, but not anything great in my opinion. I have over-processed, color-treated hair, and was curious to see how this would stack up. Compared to my bi-weekly intensive conditioner, Pureology Reconstruct Repair, hands down mine wins! Redken is thick in such a way that you need to make sure you rinse well or your hair will be weighed down. And avoid those roots, makes them look greasy. I am saving my hard earned $$ to restock Pureology.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

This stuff fixes my blonde highlighted/colored heat styled hair. I bought a trial size, which actually gave me about 3
(4?) treatments for my shoulder length hair. Good deal for the $3.00 price! Because it's applied after towel drying hair, it's an extra step (to towel dry, apply, wait, then rinse). However, it's very thick and doesn't drip, so it's not a hassle to leave on. I've left it on for up to 30 min., although the instructions say it'll work in less time. The results every time I've used this are amazing. My hair feels extremely soft, lightweight, and the damaged ends are super-treated. The results lasts for about a week.

I definitely avoid my roots when I'm working this into my hair, and make sure to rinse it out very, very well. It's a heavy conditioner so it could easily weigh down roots or leave a residue if not fully rinsed. If you have color treated hair, or any hair that's slightly to severely damaged, give this product a try!!l

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I found a sample size of this at Ulta for $3.50 so I decided to try it out. I had high expections...should've known I'd be disappointed then! It just didn't do anything beneficial at all. And it IS a 'heavy cream' so I was quite surprised by this, as my hair usually responds well to thick creams (it's chemically treated, thick, and very very dry). This will probably work better for those with more normal hair. Anyways I'm not too upset that it didn't work since it was a sample...and I have some other things I'm looking to try, so no biggie.

Bottom line is, try it if you have normal or fine hair. Coarse-haired ladies, I doubt you will like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Maggie1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The All Soft line is best used on color treated hair. Works great on my colored 54 year old head of hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by biankaa

I would buy this again but I much prefer the Kerastase treatment. I tried to love this one but it just didn't give me that same healthy hair that kerastase gave me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a lot of long, fine, wavy hair that can be coaxed into a curl. I use this as a deep conditioner and I'm not that impressed. It's okay, but it does not stand up to my Joico Moisture Recovery. My hair feels soft, but it feels just as soft when I use any old conditioner and leave it in for 5 minutes. If you're looking for something lighter that doesn't weigh your hair down, I definitely couldn't accuse this conditioner of that. I just don't find it anything special for added moisture or softness. In conjunction with the shampoo it does make your hair feel soft, but nothing particularly special.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by glossnmascaragal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not good, not bad. A nice amount of softness, moisture was good enough. The scent left something to be desired. Overall, not a complete waste of money, but I won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by gina1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

A friend turned me onto this after I was having some real problems with breakage due to a chemical relaxer on my super curly almost kinky hair. I've been using it for about 5 months now and love it and its the only conditioner I use. My hairdresser who is a good friend noticed the difference in my hair while we were all out one night. I really hope they never quit making this!

It is a little thicker than most conditioners, smells ok, not great but I can live with it. Packaging is utilitarian as it should be for me. I tend to use a healthy amount when I wash my hair (about 3 times a week, sometimes less) and a tube lasts me almost 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

This product works well as a treatment, but i really cant tell the difference between this and the all soft conditioner, the conditioner might have actually made my hair feel softer than this. That said, i still love this product because the texture is thicker and you can leave it in your hair and walk around the house not having to worry about it dripping everywhere. I would buy it again.