November 26, 2014 | 1708 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well I didn't hate this but I didn't love it either. It is super easy to apply as a spray, but do so in a well ventilated room. It fogs up the room and is highly fragranced. The sheen does seem to dissipate within the hour, but if you perspire the sheen returns(oily appearance) and it became a bit itchy and burny when I did perspire a lot. I used it primarily on my arms, shoulder and hands. It did a tolerable job, but honestly fragrance can make or break a great product and it's definitely a breaker on this. It's a really annoying fragrance, so I won't be re purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ehadams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in both the lotion and the spray. I have really pale skin that burns easily and live in Los Angeles so spf 70 sounded like a dream to me. Plus I have oily skin, so I need something lightweight and not oily.

I found that the spray is great for use on the body and has no weird smell or anything. However I always wonder if the sprays are really covering me up as much as a lotion. Still, I will keep the spray in my car for on the go sunblock needs.

The lotion smells HORRIBLE- and it has fragrance listed in the ingredients. Couldn't they have picked something better? Also, when they said it was dry and not oily, I think they had never actually used this on their faces. This stuff was so oily it made my skin break out- the first break out I have had in 6 months! And I mean deep, under the skin, big ass pimples that wouldn't go away for like a week even with a nightly slathering of benzyl peroxide. Ugh! The lotion isn't nearly as bad when applied to the body, but on my face (which is oily enough, thank you) it is truly horrible. I look like I have just slathered olive oil all over myself. Alas, the search continues for a really good- and not too expensive- SPF 55+.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I honestly cannot agree with almost all the other reviews on here. I bought this even though I read the horrible reviews because of the high sun protection. I do not want to get wrinkles or sun spots if I can help it! I figured if I didn't like it, I could always return it to CVS. But it turns out that it actually isn't greasy on me at all. I put it on my face, do my hair which gives it plenty of time to soak up (at which point my skin felt soft, not oily), and then put on my foundation. It worked really well! I say everyone should at least try it (It's on sale at CVS right now), and if you don't like it, you can always return it. I think it's worth the trouble for the high SPF and UVA protection.

EDIT: I've been using this for several weeks and I think it's giving me some kind of strange skin rash with dryness and acne. I seriously have never had this much acne along my jaw and around my lips ever and it's so hard to get rid of. It also did start stinging around the eyes when I applied it. I will never in my life buy this crap again. I stopped using it and dryness is abating, but acne still stubborn as ever!!! DAMN IT! I will never rebuy. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Oneirix

This stuff is terrible! If I could give it 0 lippies I would.

I am not picky when it comes to skincare. I do not have sensitive skin, and I have never had an adverse reaction to ANYTHING, not really even breaking out. And, if something works, I'll normally just put up with whatever negative side the product may have. Except for this one.

This product gave me a dry, itchy, red rash on my neck that did not dissipate for four days, after which I got a prescription topical steroid to get rid of it. It's been a week and it's FINALLY gone.

But the rash is not the thing that really bugs me. This stuff feels absolutely DISGUSTING. It never really sinks into your skin (and believe me, I waited before leaving the house or putting on clothes), and on hot days it rubs off on everything. It feels like, and LOOKS like, you're lubed up in oil all day, and if you sweat it turns onto this horrible white streaky mess. I had to clean my leather upholstery in my car with a wet sponge to get this nasty sunscreen off. It is NOT light, it is NOT "dry touch" and it is NOT waterproof.

To be fair, it's a really high SPF which I've never experimented with before, and it didn't make me break out on my face. Also, there's practically no scent, but it's the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had with sunscreen.

Plus, this stuff is not cheap! I got it on sale for $10 and it's such a small amount!! I went to the beach one with two friends and between the three of us in ONE day we almost depleted it.

I really, REALLY wanted to like this for the Helioplex, which has a higher UVA protection than Mexoryl (although I don't know about Avotriplex), and normally I'm a big fan of Neutrogena, but really I'd rather reapply my favorite sunscreen (Alba SPF30) several times a day than bother with even one application of this slimy, greasy crud.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the idea of this sunblock- something that would leave my face feeling dry and clean, absorb quickly, leave my skin soft and smooth... all the claims this product makes appealed to me greatly. HOWEVER, it's crap. Like other sunscreens by Neutrogena I've tried, this has the consistency of Elmer's glue and is really hard to spread across your face. It takes a TON of rubbing in order to get the white mask effect off, but even then, I feel I have to wait a good 30 minutes before going outside because as I'm getting ready to go out I'm constantly finding new white patches that need more rubbing in. Maybe if I had bought a lower spf, I wouldn't have had that problem. In terms of "clean feeling," like all other sunscreens, this still leaves me feel greasy, and I have dry skin, not oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank God I tried this on my arms first!

It went on heavy and thick, but it did absorb eventually. Dried pretty good too (at least on the arms - have not tried it on the face). I love the high spf and ppd, but by the third day I had these tiny little bumps ALL OVER my arms!!! UGH....... It broke me out like crazy. Almost like allergic reaction!. It's been a few days since I stopped using it and the bumps are still here. Thanks Neutrogena! Crap.......

Can you imagine if I put this on my face?!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by distilled

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I heard the new Neutrogena Anti-Age Face Shield 70 spf is much more elegant. Thank goodness, because this stuff is plaster. The finish looks like cake batter on my face, but I use a great deal & am just going to have to live with that. I like its high PPD (highest on the US market I believe). Maybe I should try the spray version, but I don't really trust the aerosol delivery. This stuff seems to drip off my face when I am hiking hard. I wipe away sweat and my hand returns all white from it dripping off. It's worrisome that the protection is being sweated off even though the bottle says Waterproof-Sweatproof. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Please PM me.

Also, this burns upon contact w/ my skin. I've always known this about neutrogena cream s/s. But its very worth it, when even Anthelios SX with Meroxyl only has a PPD of 15, and this stuff is like ~22 - 23

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I bought the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock, SPF 70. It comes in a spray can so I just spray it on when i go to the pool. It's an okay product. Using the misting spray is difficult because it's hard estimate if covered your entire body with the sunscreen since you just spray it on. It's easy to miss some spots. It's okay the spray has very subtle glitters in it so when you spray it on you get a bronze look. The spray gives me a headache though. I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago and it's already half empty. Maybe I'll just buy the cream sunblock next time since it'll probably last me longer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros: High SPF, stable under mineral makeup, noncomedogenic (won't clog pores), great price

Cons: I found this to be very thick and greasy, and was a horrible texture for my very oily skin! It took FOREVER to dry, so it's impractical to wear under mineral makeup since it's pretty hard to apply dry powder on top of greasy, wet sunscreen! It also left white streaks very easily, and even tended to "pill up" into white balls when I tried to apply my makeup. Gross!

I do use this sunscreen if I'm going to be outside all day without makeup (say, at the pool). But this is definitely not good for an everyday sunscreen!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lallabelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well. The words on the package say that this product has a "lightweight clean feel." It's just as heavy as any sunscreen. It says it's "fast absorbing", yet my pores looked even bigger with it on. I couldn't get over the heaviness of this sunscreen. I am definitely not using it again on my face, but I will use up the rest of the tube on my shoulders and the like. But a little expensive for 3 oz of stuff you can only put on your body!!!! Don't waste your money!