MAC #129 Powder/Blush Brush

on 10/25/2009 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

On my first trip to the MAC store I told the MA I wanted a blush brush and this is what she suggested I get. I was actually eyeing the one that looks like this but is a few sizes smaller I cant recall the # but she talked me into this one. Im not really loving it as a blush brush its way too big and the color just goes all over you cant be very prescise with this brush. I agree with others when they say they bristles arent as nice as the other MAC brushes. You can just tell by looking at mine that the bristles are not very soft. I really like to use this for powder and thats about it and Im pretty sure its still shedding. I have to go along and pick the little black hairs off my face. Im def thinking about getting the 109, I hear great things about it.

on 10/23/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As someone said below, this is not MAC quality. My other MAC brushes are sooo soft and nice, this one is really rough and actually hurts sometimes. I should have returned this, but I bought it online and was way too lazy about it. It's too big for blush, really. I prefer the 109, the 165, or the 168. Those are all very soft brushes that you can use to buff makeup in without scratching your face in the process. They are also smaller and allow for more precise application/blending. Do not buy the 129. If you want a bigger blush brush you could try the 134, it's expensive but you can use it for everything and it is extremely soft.

on 10/18/2009 5:25:00 AM

I use this brush for either blush or face powder. It is a little large for blush, but if you don't mind an application that isn't very precise then it will do. I used to LOVEloveLOVE this brush, but over time the bristles have become somewhat rough and they feel scratchy on my face. I take good care of my brushes, but this one just doesn't seem to be as good as my other MAC brushes in terms of quality.
EDIT: I just had to add how horrible this brush has become. Mine is less than 2 years old and just the other day it shed SIX hairs on my cheek in just one gentle swipe. The bristles are so prickly and painful that I will have to start using my 168 or something to apply blush because I don't have the time to pick fallen brush hairs off my face every morning. This was a big waste of money. My 134 has similar-looking black bristles, but it hasn't become anywhere near as rough as this one, nor has it been shedding. My 134 is made in France, while the 129 is made in Japan.. so there may be a difference there in the manufacturing.

on 10/9/2009 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

this brush, i think is best used for powdering your face, not for blush, i find its too big and deposits way to much color because its so big unless you blend the hell out of it. this applys loose powder perfectly.

on 10/9/2009 12:11:00 AM

The MAC 129 brush is great for applying blush to the apples of your cheeks. However, unlike other blush brushes I've used I'm going to have to buy a separate brush to contour and/or highlight. The 129 picks up blush well. I only have to dab it once or twice on my blush. I didn't realize how much product I was wasting before with other brushes. It also distributes products nicely--concentrated in the middle and blended out at the edges. Unlike other reviewers I haven't noticed excessive shedding, strong chemical smells, dye bleeding when washing the brush, or coarse bristles. I haven't tried using this brush with powder. I will probably purchase a separate brush for that.

on 10/2/2009 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I need to revise my previous review. I am still using 2 of these brushes...1 for bronzer and 1 for blush. I'm surprised thay have any hairs left. They shed HORRIBLY! I love them, but I end up with tons of hairs on my face. I would never buy these again.

on 9/26/2009 9:13:00 AM

im quite disappointed with this. the MAC lady recommended this brush saying it was the 'best' for applying blush or bronzer however what really gets me is that its bristles are rough & scratch on my skin whilst im applying bronzer/blush. whats worst is that it sheds, i've used it for over 3 months now & it still manages to shed a few hairs. im just afraid after a year all the hairs will come off.

all in all, i would not repurchase this brush but settle for something else & actually TRY it before i buy it instead of taking the lady at MAC's word for it .

on 9/16/2009 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm really happy with this purchase. It gives the best dusting of loose powder. It is perfect for blush or bronzer too. You wont regret buying this brush and it should be in your basic brush collection.

on 8/30/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this brush for blush application. While I did like the application I did not like the brush fibers. I found the fibers to be rougher than some of my other MAC brushes. I exchanged the 129 brush for the 109 brush which is much softer and can be used for highlighting, contouring, and blush.

on 8/27/2009 5:21:00 PM

When Mac did my makeup for my wedding she used this brush and I really liked how the blush looked. So I bought it along with many other things that day and I am still in love. I notice the difference it makes with my blush. I used to use the 187 or 188 i cant remember which one is the smaller one.. bu I prefer this for blushfor sure... it's a soft brush not hard on my skin at all.. does not bleed or get hair everywhere. I'd buy again but I don't think I'd have too.

Top Rated MAC Products