July 24, 2014 | 1902 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by starrlite77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just don't get it. A co-worker of mine swear by this liner. She work nights 12 hour shifts, when I come to work the next day it appears untouched and still in tact. So I asked her what she used and she told me about it. For me I would say 3 hours later most it is gone. It doesn't stay on at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by RaynaRawrXx

I love that this eyeliner is one of those twisty kinds cuz I hate having to sharpen eyeliners over and over! But the good thing is that it comes with a little mini sharpener at the end that you can pull out if you just want to make the tip sharper. I love the staying power of this and is true to color, but one thing I've noticed is that it tends to skip a lot of my eyelid. You really have to pull your eyelid taut to make a smooth line, which is why I prefer using cream liners like the L'oreal HiP one. But unlike the cream liners, it's a lot more convenient to carry around with you and touch up with. Which is why if I ever use it up, I'd probably get another one=]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by jalovette

One of the best black eyeliners I have ever used over the years. I have tried others (MAC, Urban Decay, Lancome etc) and always come back to revlon colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This eyeliner is another HG eyeliner, along with Mac's fluidline. I use Revlon's eyeliner on my top lid because I find it easier to apply than Mac's fluidline. I apply Mac's fluidline on my lower lashline/waterline. I love, love Revlon's Colorstay. I have used it for years and always keep 3-4, just in case they discontinue this product. This eyeliner has awesome staying power but can be washed off with soap and water. Awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sal4evr

I'm really falling in love with this eye liner. I love how it's really tiny so it's great for precision lining. Much better than Tarte's Emphaseyes, IMO. It's very smooth and doesn't tug or pull. It blends easily and lasts a very long time. It definitely helps give me those Bambi eyes! I got them BOGOF from CVS, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

got this from cvs's bogof event.
loooove it!! extremely smooth and pigmented.
True black, blackest black you can find.

The only con is that you don't get alot of product. I think i'll finish one in like a month...

oh wells, i still like it.

go to your cvs now to catch the revlon bogo event

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessiica16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a good eyeliner. Smudges after probably an hr.
So not longlasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is the eyeliner for my top lids that i put in my travel makeup bag. it's cheap when you get bogof deals so i dont mind if i lose it and stuff. it requires a little tugging when i put it on and the color isn't as intense as my fluidline or hip cream liner but for when im traveling, it gets the job done. it stays for 5 hours or so without fading or smudging, but it needs udpp underneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was in boots and just browsing the drugstore branded beauty items and as I'm on the hunt for THE perfect eyeliner, I was swatching some eyeliners on the back of my hand and seeing which doesnt budge and smudge. This Revlon one was the best out of the few I've swatched - Urban Decay, L'oreal, Bourjous, Rimmel - and at just under 6 (but boots are doing a buy 2 get the cheapest 3 deal atm) so I placed this liner in my basket.
I tested the liner when I went on for just a few hours and tightlined my lashes and lined upper and lower lashes. Although it did smudge a bit, the colour stayed on and usually with many eyeliners, when I tightline and blink relatively hard, the liner would transfer onto my lower part of the eye but this liner did not, hence the 4 lippies! It also doesnt tug and the liner is pigmented and creamy.
I generally prefer mechanical, no need to sharpen liners--call me lazy! but sometimes when im going away, I prefer to not have to take a sharpener with me. This liner is great in that way, cos its mechanical and it comes with a sharpener at the other end of the pencil.
I usually use Asian liners as they really are water and smudge proof and last all day long, but I need to order them online which takes about a week to get to the UK but Revlon is easily accessible to me so right now, its my possible UK HG ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by thekeeg

This is one of the TWO drugstore eyeliners that has ever worked on my eyes. The rest just will not show up for some reason. The black is a bit strong for me but I got this with the purchase of a Colorstay eyeshadow quad. It goes on quite easy and lasts all day for me. It's a nice twist up and will last me a long time. It has not dried out either like other twist ups.