December 18, 2014 | 1583 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mellydeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is super light. The color matched me perfectly (L3) and it goes on really nicely, which I loved about it. The pump is also very nice. However, it definitely wasnt enough coverage for me. To me its more like ( or even less then.. ) a tinted moisturizer then a foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down one of the worst pieces of makeup I've bought and thank goodness I can return it! Smashbox has the nerve to charge $38 for this horrible product! I wouldn't pay $1 for it! The coverage was minimal at best! It also made me extremly shiney. Ugh, terrible stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by jahseemun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

was looking for an alternative to my MUF HD foundation as that one tended to dry out my skin. the smashbox foundation went on and blended really well, especially on the dryer parts of my skin but after an hour or two, my face would get REALLY shiny despite powdering/blotting and after awhile longer, the foundation seemed to disintegrate and it became really apparent that I was wearing makeup.

the foundation would also separate into layers of oil and foundation whenever left alone too long despite the claim of being oil-free on the package. also came with an expiration date that was about 8 months away which was irritating but not a huge deal but once it expired, it separated into bigger layers of oil and foundation that took a lot of shaking for it to mix again.

foundation also smelled really plastic-y and color leaned towards the orange side. would not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by heidilaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like another reviewer, it looks orange when i put it on my hand, but when i apply to my face it blends in flawlessly! I still have remnants of my summer tan, been using Light 4
i've used tinted moisturizers (laura mercier) and it made me break out, and the color was always off.
For everyday, I apply this foundation and then buff over it with bare minerals foundation powder, and it looks beautiful. so surprising! It's perfectly sheer yet it covers my blemishes well.
To go out at night i use the smashbox primer underneath, it lasts all night. Even though it says it's oil-free, it is a little oily, which is why i use the powder over it. Oh if you need more coverage, add another layer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kkoenig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! Previously used Stila's tinted moisturizer and needed something with more coverage now that I'm in my 30s. I tried Camera Ready Full Coverage first, but didn't like the color or the finish- too dry and too matte for the look I was trying to get. This foundation is great: one pump gives the perfect amount for the whole face. Isn't obvious-looking, stays on all day and gives that perfect flawless skin look. Will definitely be buying this for a long time to come!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I need more coverage than this provides, although I like the watery/oily consistency for some reason--I just like how it smooths on! But my skin is too oily to pull off the dewey look. I tried this in winter and liked it, but it is not working for me in the summer. I got the second-to-lightest color and it was a good match. I like the pump mechanism. $40 is a bit much for a foundation for me; I have found decent luck with DS foundations that I have returned to.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by dmfitzg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started using this foundation about 2 years ago. I really like the light coverage and the color selection. I've tried other brands because of the high price of Smashbox cosmetics but I can't find as good a color match - I keep buying and then returning other brands. I also prefer lighter coverage, which this has, so I do need concealer for the few sunspots I have, but it doesn't settle into my fine lines and doesn't feel heavy. I'll pay the higher price now because this is my HG!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by rebcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really disappointed with this product, which is little more than a tinted moisturiser.

I have normal/combination skin, prone to the odd breakout. I had been using Smashbox Halo powder, but I felt that I had to apply too much to get the coverage I wanted. The MUA suggested I use Healthy Fx with a layering of Halo on top. She did my makeup but didnt show me the finished result until she had applied all the products, hence I thought that it was a really great finish. The next day when I applied the Healthy Fx myself I was rather surprised to discover that the special "Fx" was that the makeup appeared to be invisible! Very clever makeup to look like lovely tan glossy liquid but to disappear to nothing at all at the touch of skin. Not so helpful if you have just paid $76 for it though!!!

If you want a tinted moisturiser that imparts a slight glossiness to the skin, then go for this. If you are using makeup because you want to actually cover stuff on your face, then don't bother!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by RubyJuly89

I have super oily skin, and while this foundation is not perfect for oily skin, I still really love how it feels on my face. It doesn't feel greasy and covers my enlarged pores pretty well. I would recommend a primer for sure though if you have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

(EDIT: I am on my second bottle of this and up until about 2 weeks ago, I loved it. However I've noticed that after a few hours it starts to go totally orange and I look terrible! I cant think of anything that ive changed in my daily skin care/ make up routine for this to have started happening. It is making me paranoid all the time and im constantly checking in the mirror!! It was quite expensive so I was going to wait until I had finished it so tried mixing with my primer, however dont get as good coverage when I do this. Anyway, as soon as I get paid Im going back to my MAC ST and this is going in the bucket! Sorry Smashbox!)

I have been using this foundation for about a week now and I'm loving it. I use it with smashbox photo finish primer light and love the finish and even look i get with it. I have an oily tzone and (probs should use a powder but I dont like the finish they give) find that this does not feel or look oily on my skin. Without a decent primer though it doesnt have much staying power, I was in a rush once and didnt (stupid I know!) use any and noticed i needed a major touch up very early on in the day. It gives a lovely sheer finish and I have had 3 people comment on it since ive started using it (always a bonus!) Overall the best ive tried so far, quite liking smashbox generally at the moment! One down point is that the packaging is a bit cheap considering how much it costs. Will buy again.