October 2, 2014 | 1071 users online

Pressed Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sportygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a great color. It really does get your skin even in tone. It blended so well with my pale skin! I did feel much more oily once I started using it. After a few hours, my face became a little shiny and it appeared to need a re-apply much more quickly than some other powders. It stayed well under my eyes, but on the rest of my face, it seems to disappear easily. I'm almost done with the powder (purchased in August, it's now November), so I will buy a different brand this time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

While I really like the You're Bluffing concealer stick for covering up redness, I am not impressed with Get Even. #1 looked way too light for my skin, so I tried #2, but it's too orangey. And the coverage is too heavy and unnatural. Personally I would recommend Bobbi Brown's powders over any of the Get Even powders. And by the way, not everyone has a BeneFit counter in their area, so some people do have to order items without trying them first.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2005 10:56:00 AM More reviews by graikat

The powder does what it's supposed to do. I'm not too certain about the color yet, I havn't tried it in all lights. The included applicator stinks! Use a brush or different puff.....
I've decided I hate the color range, they could be much better. I prefer Lancome photogenic.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2005 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sasha1313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder! I have tried so many and this one is the best I've found so far. I am very pale with combo skin prone to hormonal breakouts. I use the lightest of the 3 shades and it does an excellent job of evening out the ruddiness. Applying too much does look a little obvious as this has great coverage, great oil control and not alot of powder is needed.
I use this over foundation and sometimes just over concealer. The sponge applicator included is not the greatest (I use a brush) but the compact itself is nice and strong. This is the most I have ever spent on a powder and it's worth every cent!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by joanee

This powder is awesome for blotting my face in the summer when it gets oily. It's not chalky and you don't look fake. There's only three shades to choose from but it's more versatile than you think. They blend in with almost any skin color as long as you choose the right shade. The powders are lighter than than it seems in the package so i'd choose one shade darker. I'm asian with a dark tan so i found medium on the lighter side. But still, no one could tell i was wearing powder even with the medium shade on. One complaint to the people at Benefit though: The sponge applicator included in the compact SUCKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sar_bear

My new absolute favorite powder! I actually don't think I've ever had a favorite powder but this is WONDERFUL. I'm using the 02 shade and it really does even out all my redness and even covers up the pimples I get every now and then during that wonderful time of the month. I've honestly never found a powder that I was confident enough with to not wear a foundation underneath, but with this I can do that and feel like it's enough coverage. This is one of my new favorite products in general and I will definately continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 4:54:00 AM More reviews by BeautyFiend1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Holy Oily Grail! haha.. I totally have the oiliest skin in the land, George Bush would probably buy my skin because it produces so much friggin oil. Texas tea.. on me! Anyway, this powder saved my face. No joke. I am on Retin-A right now, my skin is going nuts, this is the only powder I use and probably the only one I will ever use. I am very fair, so I use shade #1, most people are #2. I use velvet sponges from the drug store as my replacement pads and I stop all the oil in it's tracks. I don't need to use that much since it seems to control pretty good. Yay.. I am so happy. I have acne prone skin and in the two years I've been using this powder, I've never had a problem with it.. I've only had problems with the stupid moisturizers and liquid foundations I've purchased in the past from other skincare lines.. ugh.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by vophsi12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a great powder if you want coverage and a long lasting matte appearance, BUT, it is very heavy feeling and enhances pore size because it has no light diffusing properties at all. Use with a brush or you'll look like a paper sack.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Keenm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stopped using liquid foundations as they usually "slide" off my oily face by midday. I'm now using Get Even for a flawless look that covers almost all imperfections. And it doesn't slide off the face. Don't be put off by the three colour choices - it's like they meld to your skin colour. I'm pretty fair and I use #2. The packaging does seem a bit cheap - don't even bother using the puff that it comes with - it fell apart within a couple of uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

HOly cats! what a powder! This stuff comes in 3 shades. I am NC 20-25ish and I ended up going with shade 2. The lightest one looked like chalk to me. Anyway, I use this with a brush and it really covers imperfections, blots oil, and evens skin tone while not looking all made up. This is a heavy covering powder so I would think using a sponge would be too much...you still get full coverage with a brush! Dont let the colors throw you though b/c this is a correcting powder so it's not supposed to "match" your skin. I probably should have gotten shade 1 but since summer is coming the shade 2 will work better! Gave up my old EI powder and that says a lot!