Kerastase Ciment Thermique

4.4

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, PEG/PPG-17/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, behentrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-4, potato starch modified, hydroxylpropyl guar, methylparaben, limonene, amodimethicone, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, methosulfate, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, geraniol, linalool, cetrimonium chloride, citral, parfum/fragrance

on 5/13/2010 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Maybe because I live in a super-dry climate, but this stuff just isn't moisturizing enough. I mix it in my palm with Kerastase leave-in conditioner from the moisturizing orange line (I can't remember what it's called), and then it works well, but I think for the money, and for dry hair, you're best off using the Nectar Thermique instead

on 5/12/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love this treatment--it's one of very few that has a result that's distinguishable from the multitude of other thermal treatments on the market. I usually find that with a given hair balm I either get no real result, or definition plus greasiness/weight. This is the perfect combination, which leaves my hair silky, polished, and volumized. I've been very pleased with this line, and will continue to try new products from Kerastase.

I wish I could understand what all the fuss is about for this product, I have to admit it does make hair really soft, shiney and healthy looking.. it does smooth it out really well.. but as for heat PROTECTION.. I don't think this is powerful enough, I have been using this for 2 months now with the use of blow dryers and I even apply some more before straightening but I noticed no difference with the split ends, it hasen't prevented me from getting them which is why I haven't rated this so high.

This product is great if you want that smooth shiney look but as for a heat protection with straightners I have stopped using it, and am now back on tigi products for heat protection!

on 4/20/2010 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

EDIT: I take this all back! After finishing the tube I went onto a different heat protectant and after 2 months my hair was breaking, full of split ends, frizzy, static and generally awful. My sister mentioned using an amazing new hair product and it turned out to be Ciment Thermique! I quickly bought a new one and now wouldn't be without it. I guess you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!

--------

I bought this because of the rave reviews on here. Now that I'm halfway through I feel it's time for a review, basically I don't think this is anything special.

I use a tiny amount on towel-dried hair, brush through then blow dry and straighten. Don't put this anywhere near your roots, it'll make them unbearably oily. When I use it my hair feels softer but I also notice it's a bit flatter, not really smoother just flatter. I hoped it would combat the ridiculous static I've got going on but it doesn't help with that at all.

All in all I haven't seen an improvement in my hair and there are loads of other, cheaper, thermal protectants out there that don't leave my hair so greasy the next day.

on 4/8/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually did not buy this product but rather received as a gift from the bf, so I don't have much of an opinion as far as price/value goes. Judging from the amounts that others paid, I would most likely purchase this product again. Unlike a lot of other reviewers, I kind of like the scent-- smells vauguely of grapfruit to me. I also think it does a good job of filling in the shape of my hair and produces glossy results that are not greasy in the least bit. My hair is fine and straight so this is a pretty lightweight product.

on 4/8/2010 12:52:00 PM

Is this really my hair???? Who knew it could look so good. I've seen this product reviewed here for a long time but hesitated to try it because it's so expensive, hard to find and, well, I have weird hair. A lot of hair products that get great reviews here don't work at all for me, especially if they contain 'cones of any kind. Also, my hair is very fine and straight, so I worried a bit that this would be overkill. It's perfect:-) And I can still go three days without washing my hair. The ends of my collar-bone length hair can take a weird turn overnight, so I let them get wet in the shower (without wetting my whole head) and then spend a couple of minutes blowdrying them. No additional product needed on days two or three. I am using this as my only conditioner or styling product, so it actually may be a better value than other products in the long run. UPDATE 10/11: Like many hair products, this worked really well for me at first but then the effects wore off, or there was build-up or whatever. Turned out not so great. I haven't used this in months. Changing my rating from 5 to 3 lippies.

I've been using this for well over 12 months now and my fine curly hair has seriously not been this long since I was eight! It's now done to my bra stap and I've never been able to get it past my shoulders. It's the one product I really don't mind spending on and although it's not cheap, I will always repurchase and hope it it's never d/c! It's almost cheap o/s though. I got a tube for AUD$28 in KL last september and will repurchase there again next month for that price even my last bottle is still half full....you really need a tiny amount and it lasts ages.
I do feel the need now though for extra conditioning which I didn't when I first started using it but it's still an execellent product that does what it promises.

This is such an absof***inglutely great product, I can't believe it! I use it since 3 days and today I have received 3 compliments already. They asked me whether I have been to the hairdresser because my hair looked so nice. I can totally recommend this product. I use it with my other HG, my GHD flat iron and it doesn't way down the curls that I create and my hair hasn't become greasy which often hapens with other leave-ins. I am so happy!!!! Thank you MUA, I would have never bought such a relative expensive product. But the result justifies the price!!!!

on 3/11/2010 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's a rare thing to find a beauty product that actually meets its claims. This is one of them. Thanks to the good women of Makeup Alley for the heads up on this product. Ciment Thermique has made my curly, frizzy, brittle, damaged, uncontrollable hair into a silky, smooth, soft miracle that I didn't think was possible. It protects my hair from frying flat irons and blow dryers. After using it once, my husband told me my hair looked like a movie stars. If your hair is anything like mine, do try this; just one application will make a huge difference. This is a product I cannot live without.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I seriously only thought that this product was average, despite all the positive reviews about it. Mine was $35AUD from my salon, which to me is expensive for a heat protectant, but i wanted to try an upmarket one. One thing about this is that it makes your hair very greasy especialy around the root area, so avoid it there. I also just dont like the whole cream texture i feel it makes my hair sticky and grose. This also has a horrible smell, it reminded me of cucumbers for some weird reason. Would i buy it again? no. Simply because I have foundthe Tresemme Heat Tamer spray and love that. as you can use it for curling, straightening etc and it smells nice. also only a third of the price. I guess its just personal preference, but i dont like creams, which i discovered after using this product and it really didnt do a whole lot for my hair.

Top Rated Kerastase Products