April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by mrsmalfoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product and have repurchased several times. In my opinion, this is one of the best heat-activated treatments on the market. I'm not crazy about the smell but it doesn't bother me. Whenever I use this and blow-dry my hair, it really seems to 'fill out' the individual strands and make it somehow fuller and stronger. For me, it really only works properly when used with heat. If I'm not blow-drying, I just use Kerastase Serum Nuit (another favourite) and leave it to dry. I have very very thick, dark, waist-length hair that has been chemically processed and this stuff is GREAT on the days I do blow-dry my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

This is such an absof***inglutely great product, I can't believe it! I use it since 3 days and today I have received 3 compliments already. They asked me whether I have been to the hairdresser because my hair looked so nice. I can totally recommend this product. I use it with my other HG, my GHD flat iron and it doesn't way down the curls that I create and my hair hasn't become greasy which often hapens with other leave-ins. I am so happy!!!! Thank you MUA, I would have never bought such a relative expensive product. But the result justifies the price!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by gumbyguy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's a rare thing to find a beauty product that actually meets its claims. This is one of them. Thanks to the good women of Makeup Alley for the heads up on this product. Ciment Thermique has made my curly, frizzy, brittle, damaged, uncontrollable hair into a silky, smooth, soft miracle that I didn't think was possible. It protects my hair from frying flat irons and blow dryers. After using it once, my husband told me my hair looked like a movie stars. If your hair is anything like mine, do try this; just one application will make a huge difference. This is a product I cannot live without.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by parisloveshoppnlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seriously only thought that this product was average, despite all the positive reviews about it. Mine was $35AUD from my salon, which to me is expensive for a heat protectant, but i wanted to try an upmarket one. One thing about this is that it makes your hair very greasy especialy around the root area, so avoid it there. I also just dont like the whole cream texture i feel it makes my hair sticky and grose. This also has a horrible smell, it reminded me of cucumbers for some weird reason. Would i buy it again? no. Simply because I have foundthe Tresemme Heat Tamer spray and love that. as you can use it for curling, straightening etc and it smells nice. also only a third of the price. I guess its just personal preference, but i dont like creams, which i discovered after using this product and it really didnt do a whole lot for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Dellancey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I desperately love this product. I've tried many heat-protection products but this only one really works on my hair. I buy it at feelunique.com, it's cheap there and they have free shipping to whole Europe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by wwidgirl

I have clear asian medium fair skin (smashbox hd fair f1/ mac foundation stick NC27).

I bought this yesterday at Angels in the Eaton Centre downtown for $40 Can. plus tax along with a Redken cleansing cream.

I've been looking for it for a while and was doubtful it would live up to the hype. I used it this morning (along with the Redken cleansing cream with pantene condition) and it has made a noticeable different in my hair. I didn't use any other products, just a small dollop of ciment thermique on my towel dried hair and then brushed it through and then blow dried my hair. Like another reviewer mentioned, it makes my hair fall "just right". Really, as if I went to a salon. I don't think this product is ideal for someone looking for volume, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

ABOUT ME: Long, straight, generally healthy virgin hair, normal amount with medium texture, oily roots and dry-ish ends.

PACKAGING: Short, fat, pale green squeeze tube with a twist-off cap. I'd really prefer a flip-top. Otherwise no quibbles.

SCENT: Kind of sweet and fruity. Not too strong. Altogether very nice. Doesn't really linger.

USE: After washing my hair, I put a generous dollop (about 1 tbsp) into my hands and rub them together, then work the product into my just shy of soaking wet hair starting at the ends. I wipe the remaining residue on top of my head and near the hairline but I try not to get much onto my roots. Then I blow dry.

RESULTS: Amazing. I thought my hair looked pretty good normally, but it looked SO much nicer after using Ciment Thermique. My hair was glossy, smooth, swingy and felt like pure silk (but didn't look or feel greasy or gunky). It does flatten the natural bit of wave/bendiness and body, but in a good way. My hair looks sleek, is quite straight, and like I've just gotten a trim. It stays well-behaved all day and does not get limp or oily.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: $36 for 125 mL. Can be purchased from the Kerastase website. It's probably safest to buy products from them directly (unless there's a licensed salon near you). Apparently there are lots of old and/or diluted products and knock-offs floating around. In the very least, buy from them directly when you first try something out. That way, if you find it elsewhere for a better price, you'll know what the packaging and product looks/smells/feels like.

REPURCHASE?: Yes. I bought this because I needed a heat protectant for the few days I need to blow dry (I try to limit heat styling) and got this due to the high reviews, brand reputation and promise to rebuild hair (which anyone with long hair should be interested in).

I'll update this review after a month or so and let you all know if things have changed.

ETA: Still using this as my heat protectant for blow-drying (I use something else for flat irons, as they're more intense and damaging). Ciment Thermique still makes my hair look and feel good and layers nicely with other products. I clarify once a week and have noticed no build-up at all. Overall, I'm very happy with this product. continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mitsos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It really really works. I love all heat activated products from Kerastase. This is an excellent choice if your hair is weak and yet have to style it with irons. Perfect for fine hair too, it doesn't weight it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Cocolola18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is simply and utterly AMAZING! I never write reviews on things but I felt I had to with this. I have thick, frizzy hair and in all my 23 years I have rarely ever gotten compliments on it. Until I used this. I got about 5 people telling me my hair looked amazing etc. I won't go on about it, trust me just buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Skinloverjunkie

I love this product ive been using it for years! use two a year i think, when i didnt use it for a couple of months cause i couldnt afford it i really noticed how dry and straw like my hair was becoming even though i was using a heat protector. it dosent weigh down my thin hair and my hair feels protected. i like to use a little bit extra on my ends but always comb it evenly threw the hair. i think this is one of those products ill be using for ever! LOVE