February 27, 2015 | 1820 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by aglitz915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually did not buy this product but rather received as a gift from the bf, so I don't have much of an opinion as far as price/value goes. Judging from the amounts that others paid, I would most likely purchase this product again. Unlike a lot of other reviewers, I kind of like the scent-- smells vauguely of grapfruit to me. I also think it does a good job of filling in the shape of my hair and produces glossy results that are not greasy in the least bit. My hair is fine and straight so this is a pretty lightweight product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Is this really my hair???? Who knew it could look so good. I've seen this product reviewed here for a long time but hesitated to try it because it's so expensive, hard to find and, well, I have weird hair. A lot of hair products that get great reviews here don't work at all for me, especially if they contain 'cones of any kind. Also, my hair is very fine and straight, so I worried a bit that this would be overkill. It's perfect:-) And I can still go three days without washing my hair. The ends of my collar-bone length hair can take a weird turn overnight, so I let them get wet in the shower (without wetting my whole head) and then spend a couple of minutes blowdrying them. No additional product needed on days two or three. I am using this as my only conditioner or styling product, so it actually may be a better value than other products in the long run. UPDATE 10/11: Like many hair products, this worked really well for me at first but then the effects wore off, or there was build-up or whatever. Turned out not so great. I haven't used this in months. Changing my rating from 5 to 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by StellaCadente

I've been using this for well over 12 months now and my fine curly hair has seriously not been this long since I was eight! It's now done to my bra stap and I've never been able to get it past my shoulders. It's the one product I really don't mind spending on and although it's not cheap, I will always repurchase and hope it it's never d/c! It's almost cheap o/s though. I got a tube for AUD$28 in KL last september and will repurchase there again next month for that price even my last bottle is still half full....you really need a tiny amount and it lasts ages.
I do feel the need now though for extra conditioning which I didn't when I first started using it but it's still an execellent product that does what it promises.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

This is such an absof***inglutely great product, I can't believe it! I use it since 3 days and today I have received 3 compliments already. They asked me whether I have been to the hairdresser because my hair looked so nice. I can totally recommend this product. I use it with my other HG, my GHD flat iron and it doesn't way down the curls that I create and my hair hasn't become greasy which often hapens with other leave-ins. I am so happy!!!! Thank you MUA, I would have never bought such a relative expensive product. But the result justifies the price!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by gumbyguy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's a rare thing to find a beauty product that actually meets its claims. This is one of them. Thanks to the good women of Makeup Alley for the heads up on this product. Ciment Thermique has made my curly, frizzy, brittle, damaged, uncontrollable hair into a silky, smooth, soft miracle that I didn't think was possible. It protects my hair from frying flat irons and blow dryers. After using it once, my husband told me my hair looked like a movie stars. If your hair is anything like mine, do try this; just one application will make a huge difference. This is a product I cannot live without.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by parisloveshoppnlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seriously only thought that this product was average, despite all the positive reviews about it. Mine was $35AUD from my salon, which to me is expensive for a heat protectant, but i wanted to try an upmarket one. One thing about this is that it makes your hair very greasy especialy around the root area, so avoid it there. I also just dont like the whole cream texture i feel it makes my hair sticky and grose. This also has a horrible smell, it reminded me of cucumbers for some weird reason. Would i buy it again? no. Simply because I have foundthe Tresemme Heat Tamer spray and love that. as you can use it for curling, straightening etc and it smells nice. also only a third of the price. I guess its just personal preference, but i dont like creams, which i discovered after using this product and it really didnt do a whole lot for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Dellancey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I desperately love this product. I've tried many heat-protection products but this only one really works on my hair. I buy it at feelunique.com, it's cheap there and they have free shipping to whole Europe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by wwidgirl

I have clear asian medium fair skin (smashbox hd fair f1/ mac foundation stick NC27).

I bought this yesterday at Angels in the Eaton Centre downtown for $40 Can. plus tax along with a Redken cleansing cream.

I've been looking for it for a while and was doubtful it would live up to the hype. I used it this morning (along with the Redken cleansing cream with pantene condition) and it has made a noticeable different in my hair. I didn't use any other products, just a small dollop of ciment thermique on my towel dried hair and then brushed it through and then blow dried my hair. Like another reviewer mentioned, it makes my hair fall "just right". Really, as if I went to a salon. I don't think this product is ideal for someone looking for volume, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

ABOUT ME: Long, straight, generally healthy virgin hair, normal amount with medium texture, oily roots and dry-ish ends.

PACKAGING: Short, fat, pale green squeeze tube with a twist-off cap. I'd really prefer a flip-top. Otherwise no quibbles.

SCENT: Kind of sweet and fruity. Not too strong. Altogether very nice. Doesn't really linger.

USE: After washing my hair, I put a generous dollop (about 2 tbsps) into my hands and rub them together, then work the product into my just shy of soaking wet hair starting at the ends. I wipe the remaining residue on top of my head and near the hairline but I try not to get much onto my roots. Then I blow dry.

RESULTS: Amazing. I thought my hair looked pretty good normally, but it looked SO much nicer after using Ciment Thermique. My hair was glossy, smooth, swingy and felt like pure silk (but didn't look or feel greasy or gunky). It does flatten the natural bit of wave/bendiness and body, but in a good way. My hair looks sleek, is quite straight, and like I've just gotten a trim. It stays well-behaved all day and does not get limp or oily.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: $36 for 125 mL. Can be purchased from the Kerastase website. It's probably safest to buy products from them directly (unless there's a licensed salon near you). Apparently there are lots of old and/or diluted products and knock-offs floating around. In the very least, buy from them directly when you first try something out. That way, if you find it elsewhere for a better price, you'll know what the packaging and product looks/smells/feels like.

REPURCHASE?: Yes. I bought this because I needed a heat protectant for the few days I need to blow dry (I try to limit heat styling) and got this due to the high reviews, brand reputation and promise to rebuild hair (which anyone with long hair should be interested in).

I'll update this review after a month or so and let you all know if things have changed.

ETA: Still using this as my heat protectant for blow-drying (I use something else for flat irons, as they're more intense and damaging). Ciment Thermique still makes my hair look and feel good and layers nicely with other products. I clarify once a week and have noticed no build-up at all. Overall, I'm very happy with this product. continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mitsos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It really really works. I love all heat activated products from Kerastase. This is an excellent choice if your hair is weak and yet have to style it with irons. Perfect for fine hair too, it doesn't weight it down.