October 22, 2014 | 951 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good long lasting eyeliner. I have the black and the navy color and use both for the upper waterline and lining the upper lid. Stays put, good color payoff. The pencil is also a good consistency - not so soft that it mushes easily and not so hard that it skips when dragged across the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried many a black eyeliner pencil, and this one seems to be the one I reach for the most. It stays put, it glides on pretty nicely without tugging, and it stays well on the waterline. It can smudge if you're not paying attention and rub your eye, but the staying power of this is pretty great. I have it in a few other colors. I'd say my runner up to this would be Urban Decay 24/7 liners and also the Styli-Style one- thats ones pretty great for a d/s e/l!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

I figured it's much more useful to review 7 different pencil liners at the same time. For reference, I'm Asian, my eyes are not hooded and are very sensitive. I wear contacts and my seasonal allergies go berserk when spring comes, so they get really watery and itchy. I never wear liner alone--always with eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow. The bottoms of my lids are not oily. The objective was to test out how these liners wear on the waterline

LISE WATIER WATERPROOF EYELINER in NOIR INTENSE

This liner definitely STAYS put. Just watch out if you're crying--then it can get a little smudgey. It's very smooth--no skipping or anything. It's also really pigmented, so you only need to draw the line once. It wears really well on the upper waterline, the upper lashline and the lower lashline, but when you put it on the lower waterline, it doesn't stay on. It fades from the lower waterline and also feels sticky--I've figured out that this is part of this particular liner's stay-put quality. The wear on the other parts of the eye are all-day. Lower waterline wear is just a little uncomfortable and lasts only about half an hour (which is good--the sticky feeling won't bother you the whole day, then). 17CAD, found at London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart and Sears Canada.

LANCOME LE CRAYON KHOL in BLACK EBONY

Super sotty black. Like, THE blackest black. Super easy to apply because of the high pigmentation. But aside from that, it's no fun to wear. In about half an hour, I no longer have a prettily lined waterline--instead it has migrated three times the thickness of the original line and it DOESN'T come off. Well, not unless I go at it with a q-tip soaked in makeup remover, but really, who carries makeup remover in their purse? 27CAD at The Bay, Sears Canada, Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs.

MAC EYE KOHL in SMOLDER

For an eye kohl pencil, the staying power is really not that bad. It's about 2 hours of perfection. As the day goes on, it fades away. It does smudge, as well, but minimal. An "eh" pencil. One could do better. But if your eyes aren't very watery or anything, it'd probably be great for you. 17.50CAD at MAC at The Bay, MAC, MAC Pro.

SHU UEMURA DRAWING PENCIL in M BLACK 01

Hard to put on the waterline. It's probably because it's a waterproof pencil trying to draw on a wet waterline. It's very smooth and very black, though. Staying power is NIL. Absolutely nil. It was so bad, I returned it in a flash. After about an hour, it fades away COMPLETELY from the waterline and migrates waaaaaaaaay down below the lower lashline. 25CAD at Holt Refrew.

MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA EYES in 0L

After the makeup board was recommending me this liner, I decided to try it out. I'm disappointed. It literally is the same story as the Shu drawing pencil. Very black with panda eyes in an hour, flat. Sigh. 19CAD at The Bay, Sephora, Sears Canada and Shoppers Drug Mart.

URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCIL in ZERO

Again, another liner that just pissed me off. Everyone I talked to promised that it'd be THE liner and I was particularly excited because when Sephora opened just last summer, I made it part of my first purchase there. And you know what? Exact same story as the Shu drawing pencil and the MUFE liner. Pooey. 21CAD at Sephora.

MAC POWERPOINT in ENGRAVED

This liner has the same consistency as the Lise Watier liner, but this one actually stays much longer on the waterline, without that weird stickiness. Very smooth. You might need to run the liner over twice over the same place to make it darker, though. The fading is very gradual and very neat--it doesn't smudge and leave a mess below the lashline. I believe it only started to fade after 4 hours. So far, this liner wins the contest. 17.50CAD at MAC at The Bay, MAC, MAC Pro.

Phew. That was long. Hope this helps someone!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eye pencil is wonderful, I use this on the waterline, top and bottom to give me the dramatic effect eyes and the color is great. I do set this eye pencil with the same black eye shadows, because it is better to in the summer, especially if you have oil eye lids.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I word. Smudge!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by prim4tologist

This is my favorite eyeliner. I've been using it every day for the past few years, and I've been very happy with it. It has great staying power, and they come in a bunch of colors. Even though this is "waterproof," I still wouldn't wear this in the pool or at the beach though. I just find that any waterproof product, especially eye products never stay on my eyes in the water. For those that complained about problems sharpening it, I found that it is well worth spending the extra 6 bucks to get the MUFE brand sharpener. They are made specifically for the aqua eyes pencils, so they sharpen them to a nice point right away without wasting much of the product. I haven't actually bought the UD pencils yet, but when I swatched and compared them in the store, the MUFE pencils didn't smear as easily. I definitely recommend this eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by jbojangles

I'm on my second MUFE black eyeliner. I've tried a lot of eyeliners--many are too dry or they fade within 6 hours. I really needed something that can stay put and stay vibrant throughout the day. This eyeliner performs exceptionally. It truly is waterproof--the pigmentation hardly fades even after a shower. However, it does smudge. My eyes water a lot, so after a long day, some product ends up welling up at the corners of my eyes and some end up underneath my lower lash line. But it takes a lot longer for that to happen with this pencil liner than with other pencil liners I've previously used. MUFE liners are also very creamy so they apply like a dream. They're slightly less soft than Urban Decay pencils, but I think they last a bit longer and are easier to sharpen. Definitely a great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by totorotummy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can see why some people like this eyeliner. It's smooth, pigmented, and blendable. However, I returned mine because although this eyeliner is marketed as waterproof, it isn't. I wore this to go bodyboarding at the beach (Yes, I wore my eyeliner to the beach! It can't be a crime since waterproof eyeliner exists) and when I got out of the water, it was badly smeared. It's also pretty expensive for a mediocre product. Will not repurchase. If you want to wear your eyeliner while doing water sports in Hawaii, the best I've found so far is Sephora brand eyeliner (the twisty one with the smudging back end).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by agabubble

This is the first product I have reviewed because it really is amazing. I was looking for an alternative to my MAC fluidline in black track because as a student I am always in a hurry and having to my pot of gel liner and the brush is so tedious. So i wanted a pencil liner thats very convenient but produces the same result. I came across this MUFE aqua eyes eyeliner pencil since the Sephora lady suggested it. It turns out to be just as great as i had hoped for. I am asian so i have more than a monolid but less than a double eyelid so parts of my eyelid are touching other folds of skin everytime i blink. I also have oily lids, which makes this liner even more great because it can resist smudging and fading! I wore this to work all day and it was hot so it is definetely equivalent in result to the MAC fluid line. Although it was extremely pricey, it was worth it since i got what i was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

A HG has been born! First off; I have tried UD zero; not only was this stinging when applied to my waterline but I found the shade of black very DULL.Furthermore it wasn't as smooth as I'd like. I dumped UD and went for tarte emphaseyes; which I do still really like and WAS my absolute favorite..until this came along!

I have super sensitive eyes but this didn't sting; the color applied smoothly and STAYED on my waterline better than my emphaseyes. These are the only eyeliners I will use from now on. Great color payoff, smooth, and non irritating? It's a wrap.
I also have very oily lids and this stayed great even with that and without a primer.