April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Glam_Starlett

Undoubtedly this is a gorgeous blush - love the colour, the powder itself is finely milled and the packaging is super cute (I can't resist the pin-up girl stuff) while still being pretty sturdy...I have thrown this around a lot and no damage to the box or contents. However as much as I want to love this product, I have to say I would not buy it again. Why? Because if you have any sort of skin imperfection, this blush highlights that to the max because it has a very high-power golden shimmer. So if you have large pores, oily skin or acne this blush will do you NO favours. I suffer from all of the above and no matter how many times I've tried to make it work, it failed me :(

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After wearing this to work today, I was compelled to write a review. I've had this blush for a couple of years now (still on my first pan -- with loads left. Still no dip.) I know that people say that this is similar to Orgasm, but I beg to differ. This blush does for me what Orgasm did not. Orgasm was more pink, and it was very sheer on my skin tone. I literally had to pack it on for any color to show up. It also didn't give me the glow that it gave others. It was too dull and the color unflattering on me. When I tried this, I fell in love. It is more peachy on me (still has some pink tones though, which I do like) and it has very finely milled gold shimmer... almost like a blush and highlighter in one. I love the fact that I don't get glitter spillage all over my face like I did with Orgasm. I always get complliments when I wear this blush! I also adore it's packaging -- the vintage pin-up girls are so adorable. And it's also sturdy! I've kept it in it's sleeve for as long as I've had it and the outside of the box is in excellent condition. :) Honestly, I believe this is a must-have for your collection. It imparts such a gorgeous, healthy glow with a peachy-pink color. It's an instant pick-me-up for the face. AND -- It will work on ALL skin tones! Not only fair ladies! I'm an NC42 and I rock this blush! I feel like it'll compliment all skin tones equally. Buy it. Just do it. You won't regret it. xx HTH!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely product! Yes, it's comparable to Nars Orgasm, though it's by no means a spot on dupe. If you are an avid makeup collector, they're different enough to warrant having both, but at the same time, they're similar enough that you could sub one in for the other if you prefer to keep your cosmetics collection more streamlined. On my NW20 skintone, both products read as "peachy," but where I can see the individual shimmer particles in Orgasm, the shimmer in Hot Mama distributes more evenly and results in more of an overall glow. As well, the shimmer in Orgasm looks pearly or opalescent on me, whereas the shimmer in Hot Mama is clearly golden, which really warms up my skin. The thing that really gets me about Hot Mama, and makes me feel like I'd re-buy this over Orgasm any day, is the texture. This is a powder, but it's so soft and smooth, it almost feels creamy. You barely need to touch your brush to the pan to get good colour payoff. Personally, I love the cardboard packaging, which is surprisingly sturdy! I, personally, could do without the little sleeves that the products come packaged in, but if you leave the items in their sleeves, it does make them less susceptible to damage if you carry them around in your bag. Although TheBalm's products are expensive, you get a ton of product for the money, and PharmaPlus (not affiliated) almost always has a gift with purchase or discount on this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mintyenn

Very pretty blush, I was afraid that it would be way too similar to my NARS Orgasm but it's far peachier, so there is a difference in the two. It provides a very natural colour for my NC30-35 skintone.

Sidenote: All you Canadian girls with a Rexall near you, the Balm is giving away a FREE Hot Mama with any 30$ purchase. I bought Mary Lou-Manizer and got this free and they're beautiful products, although I wouldn't recommend wearing them together since they're both shimmery products. This promo is only going on until the 4th of November so hurry!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! It is the perfect peachy pink blush with light golden sparkle highlight. Warms the complexion beautifully. Be careful to blow excess off your brush before applying it or it will be too bright. I love the picture on the packaging but am not in love with the magnetized cardboard packaging as it does not seem sturdy enough to travel with... however, one swipe in the AM lasts me all day so there is really no need to carry it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've wanted a blush similar to this, MAC Springsheen, or NARS Orgasm for a while. I finally decided to get this one since it is pretty cheap and I've read that it is better than the other mentioned blushes. It is super smooth and pigmented. It adds a perfect glow to my cheeks with just one swipe. I wish a little more of the base color showed up as opposed to the shimmer, but I still really like it.

I included pictures at the top, and will post them here as well.
One picture compares it to an E.L.F. blush and a Wet 'n' Wild one.

*PICTURES*

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Frickin gorgeous. Like others have said, this is very close dupe of NARS Orgasm. This is slightly more peachy, and in my honest opinion, prettier. I like to pair this with Bahama Mama, like Orgasm and Laguna. These two make you look gorgeously summery. Beautiful cardboard packaging. A little on the expensive side though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by RhinestoneEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really pretty color, I adore this blush! I wear it everyday and it compliments every makeup look and is very versatile. The main ingredients are also non-comodemic.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This blush is too much shimmery. My face is all shiny after a few dusts. It's good that I tried it at the store so I know it's not going to work for my oily/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of my top blushes. Although I wear it year round, I find it looks best in the summer. It's peach with a gold shimmer to it. I love the packaging too. It has a mirror when you open it and is magnetic, so you can make sure it stays closed.