TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This blush is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. A nice, lightly shimmered peachy-gold shade with a subtle pinkiness... applies with a nice, subtle impact in one swipe. The only problem? It soooo doesn't work for my skin tone, which is the only reason I said I wouldn't buy it again. Sad times for cool skin tones. So I gave it to my mom who is a warm... she's very happy with the colour. It looks so much better on her :D

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

OMG love this product, a makeup artist put me onto it...it just makes you feel fabulous!! Its shimmery but not too shimmery and gives your cheeks a lovely colour,plus it lasts the whole day perfectly...will never be without!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I typically shy away from shimmery blushes since they make my pores stand out but this is one shimmer blush I love. In fact it's probably my most used blush. Actually I'd say it "glows" more than it "shimmers". It's a pinky apricot color with gold shimmer. It blends easily and has nice pigmentation- not too much, not too little. It really brightens a dull face up. The packaging is ok. I'd prefer a sturdy plastic case like Nars, but this cardboard packaging can really take a beating. I love the fact that it closes magnetically- I never had to worry about the lid coming off in my MU bag and getting product everywhere which has happened way too many times to me. I'd recommend it to anyone with light to medium skin tones.

LOVE! I am a sort of blush addict and this is one of the best I've found. What I like about it is that it has a coral shade to it which is flattering on most all skin tones. It also has just the right amount of shimmer, less than NARS Orgasm, which I like. A little goes a long way with this one, so make sure you apply it sparingly as to not get too much color in one place.

I bought this a few years ago but never used to wear blush very much because of my rosacea. However, after giving up liquid foundation (which was like giving up an addiction - very hard!) and taking good care of my skin, I have a good handle on my rosacea and can wear blush again. When I reached for Hot Mama again, I was so pleased! It gives my fair cheeks such a pretty, peachy-pink glow, like I am glowing from within. It doesn't seem shimmery to me, just glowy and beautiful. It lasts all day and gives me a boost. As an aside, I did use it as eye shadow once, all day long at a golf outing, and it lasted but I wasn't crazy about the color as an eye shadow. But for a blush, I love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just came across this in my local TK Maxx on the bargain shelf for 2.99 what a travesty and a bargain for me. I am NW50 on and am a bit wary of peachy blushes sometimes but I noticed that this is a very near in shade to the Nars Orgasm which I love and so scooped it up. Its a golden peachy hue with a very velvety smooth texture. The shimmer is very fine and great for a bronze look or just a healthy glow. Can be applied with fingers of brush. Its dual purpose for use as either a blush or shadow, although I suspect I will be using this mainly as a blusher like many people do. Its a brilliant purchase and would recommend this to everyone.

Nice color!! I've had it for 2 years + and I use it sometimes, I still have a lot left, and I really like it! And it looks really good for pictures too! I like the fact that it's on the golden side, it works well to acheive a sunkissed look in the summer!

I loveeee this blush. A little goes a long way and it looks beautiful. It is a peachy pink that can almost compare to NARS orgasm. I definitely would buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the blush I wanted Nars Orgasm to be. It's a perfectly flattering peachy pink color, with a tiny bit of shimmer in it. It really warms up my NW15-20 skin without overpowering it, but it's pigmented enough that I think it would work on medium skin tones too. It doesn't have the harsh glitter or orangeyness I got from Orgasm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I did not like this product. It was waaaay too shimmery for my taste. I found it even more shimmery than NARS Orgasm. The color is pretty, its a very corally-pink. I just wish there was a little less shimmer. When I applied this to my cheeks all I could really see was the shimmer, which made me look greasy and greatly emphasized my pores. I'm also not a big fan of the packaging, it's a little too kitschy for my taste but that's just personal preference.

Top Rated TheBalm Products