TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

on 1/22/2011 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just came across this in my local TK Maxx on the bargain shelf for 2.99 what a travesty and a bargain for me. I am NW50 on and am a bit wary of peachy blushes sometimes but I noticed that this is a very near in shade to the Nars Orgasm which I love and so scooped it up. Its a golden peachy hue with a very velvety smooth texture. The shimmer is very fine and great for a bronze look or just a healthy glow. Can be applied with fingers of brush. Its dual purpose for use as either a blush or shadow, although I suspect I will be using this mainly as a blusher like many people do. Its a brilliant purchase and would recommend this to everyone.

on 1/16/2011 5:46:00 PM

Nice color!! I've had it for 2 years + and I use it sometimes, I still have a lot left, and I really like it! And it looks really good for pictures too! I like the fact that it's on the golden side, it works well to acheive a sunkissed look in the summer!

on 1/11/2011 2:55:00 AM

I loveeee this blush. A little goes a long way and it looks beautiful. It is a peachy pink that can almost compare to NARS orgasm. I definitely would buy this again.

on 1/10/2011 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the blush I wanted Nars Orgasm to be. It's a perfectly flattering peachy pink color, with a tiny bit of shimmer in it. It really warms up my NW15-20 skin without overpowering it, but it's pigmented enough that I think it would work on medium skin tones too. It doesn't have the harsh glitter or orangeyness I got from Orgasm.

on 1/3/2011 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I did not like this product. It was waaaay too shimmery for my taste. I found it even more shimmery than NARS Orgasm. The color is pretty, its a very corally-pink. I just wish there was a little less shimmer. When I applied this to my cheeks all I could really see was the shimmer, which made me look greasy and greatly emphasized my pores. I'm also not a big fan of the packaging, it's a little too kitschy for my taste but that's just personal preference.

on 12/30/2010 3:07:00 PM

I have gone through 2 of these already and will eventually buy a third. The color pigmentation is outstanding. I have fair skin and the rose and gold shimmer that this brings to my cheeks basically gives color and highlights at the same time. I think it is extremely comparable to Nars Orgasm, but I would actually say that this is better. I think the color application is softer and more blendable, the price tag is better and for me personally, it just is a better product.

on 12/7/2010 1:58:00 PM

I have actually used this up...and I am not sure I will buy again, mainly because I have so many other blushes that I would like to use up.

Still, it's pretty... on my skin a soft peachy flush with just the right amount of shimmer. Have to be careful during the day, as it can look a little too shimmery in natural light. Doubles as a highlighter, and definitely buildable. Staying power is nice. But really, there are cheaper alternatives to this, Milani Luminous being one of them for less than half the price, and Mary Kay's Shy Blush.

I am going to rate it as something that I would buy again, because I probably will once I put a substantial dent in the rest of my blushes and highlighters!

on 12/3/2010 4:22:00 PM

I bit the clock by purchasing the Balm products at Rexall on the last night of the promo... just 30 mins. before the store closed. LOL Free Hot Mama blush (27CAD value) for every 25CAD purchase of the Balm products. The lady at the beauty section was kind enough to let me get the promo even if I was 1CAD short of the required amount (got time Balm concealer for 24CAD). Woopee!

Now I haven't tried this blush yet to say it's good or not. but I totally love the color. I'll update my review later when I have enough thoughts on how this blush wears on me. :)

Edit: So after a few wears, I do like this blush. The color is very wearable the I just like the golden sheen. However, I find that I do have to do a few layers to make the color show on my NC25-30 skintone. And it doesn't last long. A few hours tops. That's the downside. I do like the blush overall so I'm only taking one lippie off.

Undoubtedly this is a gorgeous blush - love the colour, the powder itself is finely milled and the packaging is super cute (I can't resist the pin-up girl stuff) while still being pretty sturdy...I have thrown this around a lot and no damage to the box or contents. However as much as I want to love this product, I have to say I would not buy it again. Why? Because if you have any sort of skin imperfection, this blush highlights that to the max because it has a very high-power golden shimmer. So if you have large pores, oily skin or acne this blush will do you NO favours. I suffer from all of the above and no matter how many times I've tried to make it work, it failed me :(

on 11/3/2010 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After wearing this to work today, I was compelled to write a review. I've had this blush for a couple of years now (still on my first pan -- with loads left. Still no dip.) I know that people say that this is similar to Orgasm, but I beg to differ. This blush does for me what Orgasm did not. Orgasm was more pink, and it was very sheer on my skin tone. I literally had to pack it on for any color to show up. It also didn't give me the glow that it gave others. It was too dull and the color unflattering on me. When I tried this, I fell in love. It is more peachy on me (still has some pink tones though, which I do like) and it has very finely milled gold shimmer... almost like a blush and highlighter in one. I love the fact that I don't get glitter spillage all over my face like I did with Orgasm. I always get complliments when I wear this blush! I also adore it's packaging -- the vintage pin-up girls are so adorable. And it's also sturdy! I've kept it in it's sleeve for as long as I've had it and the outside of the box is in excellent condition. :) Honestly, I believe this is a must-have for your collection. It imparts such a gorgeous, healthy glow with a peachy-pink color. It's an instant pick-me-up for the face. AND -- It will work on ALL skin tones! Not only fair ladies! I'm an NC42 and I rock this blush! I feel like it'll compliment all skin tones equally. Buy it. Just do it. You won't regret it. xx HTH!

Popular Blush Products