September 3, 2014 | 1002 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by toomuchfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Acne products are always difficult to review or recommend to others because everyone's skin is completely different and a miracle product for one person sometimes does absolutely nothing for the next person. But since I have started using this cleanser I haven't had one cystic outbreak, and that's basically a miracle for me, having one product make such huge difference. My skin isn't perfect, but I only get small, non-painful blemishes now instead of huge, painful ones. I would say if you've had any luck with glycolic acid in the past, if you've never tried glycolic acid, or if you're looking for a replacement for the now-discontinued Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser (which also had a combination of glycolic and salicylic acid), definitely try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jessc3

This scrub worked wonders for my skin at first. For about two months I was using it, and it did a great job of controlling my breakouts. I used this scrub with the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control Toner and 3-in-1 Lotion. They all did what they were supposed to do until about a month ago, when I started breaking out worse than I have in years. I was hoping these products would be it for me, but sadly I am again looking for something to clear up my acne. However, I will say that the scrub does clean skin very well and has a nice smell, it just stopped treating my acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

I also agree with the person at the bottom, Sadly I bought this produt due to all the positive reviews, and plus my friend uses it and saids it fantastic. So i gave it a try and It did nothing for my skin. It just smells great, and removes my dead dry skin. But that is about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was super excited about trying this product when I saw all the positive reviews, unfortunately I must be one of the few people who's skin just doesn't agree with this. After cleansing my skin I tried it out, it felt creamy and rich... not very much like a scrub at all and and smell was amazing (like cucumber melon). Sadly when I rinsed it off there were blemishes all over my cheeks, they literally popped right up after using this scrub. I honestly wanted to like this scrub but it just wasn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cowbeIIyoursocksoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far, I am loving this! Lately my skin has been very acne-prone, and I am always worried about trying new products. This does a great job of cleaning my skin, exfoliating, and keeping the pimples at bay. And I love love love the smell! It has only been a few days but my skin just looks better overall. The cost is good too. If this product keeps working like this, it will be my new HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by rlww4231

i like this scrub, for one because it smells nice, but it only works on mild acne. i personally like the pink grapefruit foaming scrub better than this one and they work the same

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by gl0wing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I bought this based off of the wonderful reviews on MUA and I'm so glad that I did. I have always trusted Neutrogena products but I wasn't expecting a miracle with this product. The last couple of weeks and this week I have been consumed with my Nursing school finals...and needless to say I AM STRESSED and getting a few cystic pimples that make me more stressed! I started using this last week and my face hasn't been this smooth or clear in a long time! My 2 cystic pimples both started shrinking immediately. The scrub smells good and feels good. My face feels so clean after I use it. I have been using it twice a day but am going to start using it only at night now and use my oil free acne wash in the morning. I'm so glad I found this scrub! Try it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mlove45

I bought this product when i was breaking out during finals. After two days it cleared my current acne and has kept it clear thus far. I love the way my skin feels after i use it in the shower but i wish it was cheaper because the bottle is not that big.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by elenaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product a lot. I bought it a couple months ago and I'm just running out of it, and I think I'll be buying many more! It doesn't make my skin perfect, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to. It easily gets rid of nasty pimples though. Just last week a mountain appeared on my forehead, and right after I used this it began shrinking. Now I'd really like to get the Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment from the results I got from this. Other scrubs are too harsh for my skin, but this one is creamy and has small, gentle exfoliating beads. Well it actually doesn't exfoliate all that much, but that's okay because it helps so much with my acne. And I really like the scent for some reason, it's smells like cucumber and even kind of mint-y I think which sounds odd but I like it a lot. It smells.. fresh. And it feels fresh!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by adrimaria

AMAZING! it was just what i needed. my breakouts are usually caused by stress ( red cystic looking pimples, and the big painful ones under your skin) and this face wash has cleared it, i use this with the acne soothing face wash set as well and together they work amazing. i am so pleased with the results. 5 stars all the way!