Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

4.2

on 12/10/2009 5:48:00 PM

I've only been able to smell this in the store, but it smells SOOO amazing.

However...the price makes me sad. I'll never be able to buy this. =(

on 12/6/2009 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried this on several occasions but never bought a bottle. It has a lovely green/citrus scent that is not like most Chanel's. I don't even think it really smells like the original chance. The color of the juice is eye catching and I like the overall look of the bottle. I am put off by the price... and how the staying power just is NOT there. If you like this scent I would recommend Miss Dior Cherie L'eau. It is also a "green" scent and lasts much longer than Chance Eau Fraiche. Cheaper too!

EDIT: Finally bought a bottle, and I must say the staying power is MUCH better than when I tested it out. Still fresh in a citrus kind of way, but the dry down is ACTUALLY very similar to the original Chance. I prefer this variety the most of the three that are available. Rating this again, I give it 4.5.... I will have this in my collection for a while. Well executed, makes me feel good, and I get many compliments on this!

on 11/8/2009 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im not typically a perfume gal but Ive been getting more into it as I get older. My fav is Dior Addict 2 but this is a close 2nd. Usually I think Chanel smells too old, like my grandma. However this smells fresh. It still has a signature Chanel sophistication but with a younger twist. It lasts a long time on me and the men seem to love it. Expensive but it is Chanel.

on 11/8/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the greenest smelling perfume I've ever smelled! I like it, just not for me. My sister wears this and it smells divine on her. It's sophisticated and fresh. It's stong, so a little bit goes a long way. I find that the scent lingers for ages, which is excellent. I am more of a gourmand loving, Vanilla kind of girl, so the greenness of Eau Fraiche is just too sharp an opposition from what I normally wear. But I can still appreciate it because it does smell so lovely. It reminds me of Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle, only minace the faintly sweet coconut note. This one is ALL green.

Chance Eau Fraiche is simply my favorite! It's fresh, long-lasting, and wonderful!

on 10/27/2009 8:36:00 AM

Love this perfume! The only way I can describe it is "sophisticated." I get tons of compliments on it!

on 10/20/2009 10:53:00 PM

I adore this perfume. I wanted it for ages, but the price is very high, after having tired it on at the pharmarcy a million times, I decided to just to buy it. One that can be worn night or day. It is more of a summer smell, but could defanitly be a signature scent for all year round. The bottle is simplistic, but the perfume is green colored, so gives it it a bit of a visual appeal. I found most Chanel perfumes are more sphisticated and mature, this one is defanitly one for the younger Chanel fan. Its very fresh, I would have to say one of my best perfumes, and im sure this one is going to be timeless. Shame there is no lotion or body wash though.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first bottle of Chanel and I love it.....last 4ever and it smells like a million bucks....get a ton of compliments.....I never saw myself wearing this brand because they smelled Old:) this is fresh and did I say smell good and last 4ever on clothes....expensive but so worth it....hopefully it last 4ever bcuz this is $$. Overall you got the $$ and always wanted a Chanel perfume but found them too harsh on the nostril....give this a try should not disappoint:)

on 9/12/2009 1:48:00 PM

Chance Eau Fraiche is a chypre floral fragrance. It still reminds me of a good old men's eau de cologne, which is why I see lot of reviewers point out the masculine notes. This fragrance to me is fresh, dewy, very light and somewhat watery. Here the top notes are citruses and cedar; middle notes are pink pepper, water hyacinth and jasmine; base notes are teak wood, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk. It seems like a very perfect fresh unobtrusive fragrance, which I totally enjoy. The lasting power is much better than the one of usual fresh scents, though still not too satisfying. I also like the bottle very much - minimalistic and convenient to carry in a bag. The colour also represents the fragrance's attitude very well. What I don't like is the simplicity of the composition and I personally find this fragrance too tiring to use for a long time and a bit boring. Unfortunately, there's no 30 ml package, which is not good for me. Wouldn't repurchase because I like to change fragrances and I think the bottle would last pretty long.

on 8/20/2009 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this version of Chance. I've worn Chance since I was in high school, so I was excited to try the Eau Fraiche. It is more casual (if that makes sense) than the original. More refreshing and less sophisticated, so it's better for day time. Has excellent staying power.

Popular Fragrances