November 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Chance Eau Fraiche is simply my favorite! It's fresh, long-lasting, and wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this perfume! The only way I can describe it is "sophisticated." I get tons of compliments on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by davina20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this perfume. I wanted it for ages, but the price is very high, after having tired it on at the pharmarcy a million times, I decided to just to buy it. One that can be worn night or day. It is more of a summer smell, but could defanitly be a signature scent for all year round. The bottle is simplistic, but the perfume is green colored, so gives it it a bit of a visual appeal. I found most Chanel perfumes are more sphisticated and mature, this one is defanitly one for the younger Chanel fan. Its very fresh, I would have to say one of my best perfumes, and im sure this one is going to be timeless. Shame there is no lotion or body wash though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first bottle of Chanel and I love it.....last 4ever and it smells like a million bucks....get a ton of compliments.....I never saw myself wearing this brand because they smelled Old:) this is fresh and did I say smell good and last 4ever on clothes....expensive but so worth it....hopefully it last 4ever bcuz this is $$. Overall you got the $$ and always wanted a Chanel perfume but found them too harsh on the nostril....give this a try should not disappoint:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Chance Eau Fraiche is a chypre floral fragrance. It still reminds me of a good old men's eau de cologne, which is why I see lot of reviewers point out the masculine notes. This fragrance to me is fresh, dewy, very light and somewhat watery. Here the top notes are citruses and cedar; middle notes are pink pepper, water hyacinth and jasmine; base notes are teak wood, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk. It seems like a very perfect fresh unobtrusive fragrance, which I totally enjoy. The lasting power is much better than the one of usual fresh scents, though still not too satisfying. I also like the bottle very much - minimalistic and convenient to carry in a bag. The colour also represents the fragrance's attitude very well. What I don't like is the simplicity of the composition and I personally find this fragrance too tiring to use for a long time and a bit boring. Unfortunately, there's no 30 ml package, which is not good for me. Wouldn't repurchase because I like to change fragrances and I think the bottle would last pretty long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this version of Chance. I've worn Chance since I was in high school, so I was excited to try the Eau Fraiche. It is more casual (if that makes sense) than the original. More refreshing and less sophisticated, so it's better for day time. Has excellent staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Delicate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lovely summer interpretation of Chance, a fragrance I frequently wear even though it has the odd effect of making me feel as if I need a shower. This is a personal reaction to chance (I wear the EdP) and in no way indicates that I think Chance smells "dirty." Rather, its thick vanillic patchouli seems to take on an oily texture that I can sense, much in the way certain cosmetic foundations make my face feel a similar lack of breathability.

Eau Fraiche is cooler and has a more watery texture from the very apparent water hyacinth note. This floral is sweet and is offset by a crisp citron that is somewhat toned down in sparkle by light vanilla. EF has a dewiness that makes it an ideal daytime summer scent.

Do not make the mistake of thinking Eau Fraiche is a second-class Chance or even a second-class Chanel. There is a tendency to mark the Chanel frags aimed at a youngish market as somehow inferior, but this is not the case. Eau Fraiche is head and shoulders more sophisticated than Light Blue, and, although breezy and seemingly offhand, is clearly constructed with diligence.

Lightened also here is the patchouli of the original. I prefer this to Chance EdT, which is quite weak and loses some of its profile in the lesser concentration. Eau Fraiche exists as a "pretty" scent, without this descriptor taking on a pejorative connotation. Pretty it is, but it is not tentative. There is still enough jasmine (non-indolic) to please a white-floral lover. The green is sweetly interpreted as is mainly expressed through the citrus and not through grassiness, although there is a sense of freshly cut grass to the composition without an actual note of grass apparent.

Wearing Eau Fraiche is like wearing a halo of sunshine. It won't please the existentialists of the world, but there are enough niche perfumes available to keep everyone happy. continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by StarlightChaser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this scent, it feels fresh and crisp and I use it a lot. It does smell a bit masculine, but I like it as it makes the scent a bit more "special." As it's Chanel, it could be a lot cheaper. but on the other hand this perfume is worth the extra cash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

so fun and crisp and bright, this is the perfume i spray when i want to have FUN. it lasts for ages on me, and it always smells fantastic, even after hours and hours. i love the bottle, i love everything about it. i've gotten several people to buy bottles too. i hope this never gets discontinued, i can't live without it.