MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

3.9

TALC, MICA, DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, LAUROYL LYSINE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)]

on 5/14/2011 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I really do love this product. Best powder I have every used. It covers well. Looks good on its own or used as a setting powder. I have been using a tinted moisturizer and then this on top buffed it & it just looks so great! I have tried so many other powers from the drugstore and nothing compares. I plan on buying this again and again. My go to product! I would recommend to anyone. If you are on the fence, just go for it!

on 5/12/2011 2:37:00 PM

so this product works great for me. the day i got it the MA showed me this and light medium which i wish i would have picked that one insted because this is pretty light lol. but the price to product amount just isnt worth it for me. so all in all i would buy it agian but will i no because of the price :/

on 4/28/2011 8:25:00 PM

HATE HATE HATE this product! I have never had any powder (even super cheap ones) flake so bad. If I had bought it on ebay I would've yelled fake but I purchased it from Macy's. My skin rarely breaks out but after one use my face broke out like a hormonal teenager and took days to recover. The powder also would not blend into my skin but rather looked like I had thrown flour all over my face, and no matter how much I used, blended or what brush I used the powder just showed up too much and didn't look at all natural.

I know of so many people who love this stuff but I've had most drugstore cheapie brands work better than this. Hope everyone else has a better reaction than I did.

on 4/22/2011 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin has been looking great so this is what I use as my 'foundation' 75%-80& of the time.

I put a bit of Strobe Cream first and then MAC Pro Longwear Concealer on my scars and under my eyes. And then I apply the Mineralize Skinfisnish Natural with the MAC 182 brush.

I love that it gives my skin that silky satin finish. The only issue I have is that it doesn't have a mirror.

on 4/18/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG powder. I have very acne prone skin that gets really oily and icky, but origins vita zing with this powder and skindenavia no more shine spray over gives me a (literally) all day beautiful face!

on 4/18/2011 6:15:00 PM

This and a the select moisture cover concealer have completely replaced my liquid foundation.
I'm a NW 15 and the light matches perfectly. I have dry-very dry skin and haven't noticed any oiliness, only an overall glow when I typically have a quite dull skin tone. It has extremely sheer coverage, just enough to even you out when buffed in. It's a very smooth powder and I've never had anything reassembling cakiness, but it will emphasize pores- however not enough that I would stop using it. I just avoid over-powdering around the nose etc.

It works OK as a set powder-mostly to give a nice glow; really It does a much better job on its own.

Overall I love my MSF for an everyday healthy glow and will definitely repurchase and for long it's lasting me so far (dome slightly gone after use everyday for 2 months) it's definitely worth the money.

on 3/24/2011 10:57:00 AM

I have to admit, I love how this product looks. Medium-Light seems too look the best. Light is too ghost-like. HOWEVER, this powder clogs pores like no other. It contains Bismuth Oxychloride which clogs pores and causes acne. Immediately after I stopped using this, my skin cleared up. Sad sad day because this product was actually pretty good. But now I remember it did make me unusually oily too. Oily and caused acne. Ewwww! No thanks! Try loose mineral makeup instead.

on 3/19/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am so in love with this stuff. I had been a MAC virgin but on a whim I went into the MAC store to buy blot powder. When I asked the lady about blot powder she was kind and showed me all their different powders. When I swatched this on my hand it looked beautiful and being much cheaper than half the stuff I buy at Sephora I actually forgot about the blot powder and got this. It is beautiful as a setting powder over any foundation I choose to use -- even better, since thanks to Retin A my skin is clearer than it ever has been, I've started to wear this alone over sunscreen and it gives me a beautiful nautral look. Like my skin but better. I am intensely breakout prone and I have never broken out from this. If anything I feel like since I started wearing only this and sunscreen, my skin condition has improved (that might be just the lack of liquid foundation though). I now recommend this to anyone I know, and found out that my gorgeous coworker uses it as her only foundation too.

Shade ref: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1, MAC MSF Natural Light, Maybelline Dream Matte Light 4-5. I have used this for a month straight and am on the fence about it. I cannot apply it to my nose, but most everywhere else is fine. For some odd reason, if applied on my nose, pores appear from nowhere! Another odd thing is, if I sweat a little, it turns almost white in those areas. Something actually quite horrifying, especially since I am not the type to constantly check my mu or touch up. (I can just use my Ecotools kabukki brush, to brush it away back to normal...till I sweat again.) I always use moisturizer and a primer, but this does settle into some fine lines around my mouth anyway (but not nearly as horrid as MAC SF PPF). So, now I use my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder lightly on my T-Zone (except for my nose) when needed. I have yet to apply this wet as some reviews have...will be sure to update then.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always wanted to try this, and finally last fall I picked one up. I like to use it over foundation, just a light dusting, but I find when I do it tends to make me oily quicker. On its own it doesn't do this. I also like to use it on its own as a light coverage powder foundation, since I really don't need much/thick cover. It's baked, and domed so there's no mirror in the compact, but that's fine with me - more product! Even though you really could apply this without a mirror, since it's pretty fool-proof. This is great for hot and humid days, since it really feels like nothing is on. Expensive, but it lasts forever.

Recommended for Normal Skin