April 19, 2014 | 936 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a better than average powder/mineral foundation if you already have decent skin. It gave me an almost airbrushed effect because it blended out lighter colored blemishes (this was when my skin was doing better). It did not break me out personally, but it did nothing to control oil. Light matched me well when I was a little paler (closer to NC15).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by katieelixa

Love the finish of this powder, smooth healthy and soft looking! Amazing coverage. Unfortunatly, the colour sadly looked far too dark on my pale skin. I thought the mac lady matched me wrong but aparently the one i have is the lightest shade they do! However, during the summer this looks amazing with my st tropez tan! haha. So this is now my summer powder foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this so much, as the shade matches my skin perfectly, it has a really nice consistency and doesn't look too cakey. However it broke me out badly, cystic acne and all. So definitely a no for me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Maclover93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder, though there's really nothing special about it. It can be used as a setting powder or a light foundation but personally I wouldn't use this as a foundation. I have dry skin sometimes so I don't use this much, because I'm afraid it will look caky. However, it's a nice powder and I use it to set concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by robinizzletheshizzle

I bought this because of so many positive reviews. I've used this several times and for the price, its not so great. My face broke out so bad because of this stuff. The finish was too shimmery and accentuated every pore and flaw on my face. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by hcs11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG Powder/Foundation!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff :) Im 15 and I have many acne scars, but I don't feel the need to wear full face of foundation (thank you kat Von d tattoo concealer!) so I just slap on my concealer and this and I'm good to go! It's not cakey, powdery, or flat. It leaves an airbrushed glow to your skin! And it lasts FOREVER! (almost a year). MAC, if you even have thoughts of discontinuing this product, I will surely die.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Tommy546

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only had this powder for a week so this review might not be the best to read and I'll probably end up making a new one at some point.

BUT

I actually really like this product!!

I bought this powder to use as a setting powder to my liquid foundation to give the look a nice finish.

On first use I struggled a little bit and ended up giving myself very pale area's on my face (which I later fixed with a little MAC bronzer!! PHEW =P)

But the next day, I tried again.

and I was impressed!!

I was very sparing with this powder and that did the trick!!
It blended seamlessly ( I hope that's a word!!) throughout the whole of my face and neck and gave a slightly glowly satin look but matte enough to touch.

Overall this powder is great and it seems to be suitable for all skin types and colours ( I LOVE the amount of shades MAC has! =) )

so yes, although maybe not the cheapest product, all MAC products are investments!!

will for sure be buying this again when/if I ever run out =P

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have owned this pressed powder for about 2 years. I originally purchased it as a setting powder; just something to swipe over my makeup with a kabuki to finish my makeup off. But for that purpose, I was really lukewarm on it. It just seemed to do nothing in terms of finishing or adding staying powder to my face. So for most of the time I have owned the MSF natural, it has just lived in my makeup draw, untouched. But recently, in the past 4 or 5 months, I have re-purposed it to be more of a powder foundation. I apply it after my primer and some spot concealing with Benefit's Boi-ing with my Pur Minerals' Chisel brush. That gives my face a soft, satin finish with a light coverage. I really think that brush has made this product for me. I have hit pan on it and it probably has another couple of weeks life left it in. And even though I have enjoyed the finish it gives me, I doubt I would repurchase it. It just doesn't wow me enough to warrant buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by MsChained

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder has been my go-to complexion product for a year or so.

It has a beautiful finish, and it provides a perfect amount of coverage to my skin. I don't know how it does it, but somehow it covers up my acne scars, while leaving my freckles to shine through (positive is my opinion).

On an everyday basis I first use MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15, and then I top it off with the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light with a kabuki brush - really buffing it in to the skin. If there's an area that still needs a bit more covering up, I'll simply press my kabuki on it (without really picking up more product).
On the quite rare occasion when I actually decide to wear liquid foundation I'll brush this on with a Sigma F30 powder brush. It sets the foundation, and adds a touch more coverage to it - without making it look cakey and weird.

It's not the most long-lasting product. I do need to touch it up during the day, usually after maybe three or four hours of wear. But then again, I need to do that with practically any skin product.

I'd say that one compact gives me about two or three months of daily use. It's not that extraordinary, considering the price of it (270 Swedish crowns - kind of a lot) but it's well worth it to me.

I have a lot of confidence in this product. I've used no other powder since discovering it, and I see myself constantly repurchasing.

If you want a natural looking complexion, that lets your natural skin peek through, I'd definitely suggest trying this out.
It's great for teenagers, like myself, that want to cover up some redness and blemishes (along with a concealer) but still keep the young look of the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love love love this powder! A LOT of people use it as a setting powder and I use it as a foundation! I have been having A LOT of issues with liquid foundations and breaking out and I remembered back before I was using liquid that I used mineral and I wasnt breaking out at all! So I had this and heard of others using it with the new Sigma F82 so I bought that brush and started to use this in place of liquid foundation and my Laura Mercier mineral foundation and I am pleased to say that this is my absolute favorite foundation ever!
With the Sigma F82 which is a round top SUPER dense kabuki with a handle I buff it into my entire face and it give a VERY good coverage and I know that I have the brush to thank for that but it doesnt break me out and covers what I need it to with out looking cakey! It lasts all day with my Tarte Recreate Silicone Free Primer and it just looks FLAWLESS which is what we all want right?
The finish is AMAZING as well! Its not matte not shimmery or sparkly but just looks NATURAL like you have nothing on!
I get more compliments on my skin now then EVER!
I think the combo of this and my skin care routine is really helping my skin heal, so if you ever feel as if your skin just needs a break try this routine and I am sure you will love it as much as I do unless you NEED a full coverage foundation. I mean I have acne and scarring and reddness and I still love it cause it covers it all oh yeah I spot conceal with the MAC Pro Longwear concealer as well and EVERYTHING is covered with the 2 together!
My fav foundation for my face around!! I may try the Studio Fix powder foundation as well but I am iffy about doing so cause I broke out from the liquid version soooo bad!
I hope this helps someone having issues with their skin!!