April 16, 2014 | 1445 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by looser

the best word i could possibly use to describe this eyeliner is.. weird. when wet n'wild says something is waterproof, do they ever mean it; this stuff is impossible to get off with normal face wash or even certain high quality eye makeup removers (olive oil is the only thing i have found to even make it budge). that's not why i'm only giving this two lippies, because i bought it with that intention.

it's the fact that while soap and water doesn't cause even a dent, after about an hour, this eyeliner smears and creases on my eyelid. it doesn't flake off, just creases like crazy, and that's not even easy to wipe off, which is why weird is the best word for this stuff. i don't really get it. not to mention, after you put it on since it is so watery, you have to look down for at least 3 minutes so it doesn't get alllll over your eyelid. if you look up, good luck getting off that second line you'll have.. i'll stick with maybelline or revlon liquid eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a little surprised that this got such bad ratings! Apparently it's impossible for me to find cheap liquid eyeliner in black anywhere, so I settled for trying this is Espresso which is a deep chocolately brown. The felt tip is a tad annoying, but using dashes instead of one strip I was able to get an even line. It dried quickly, and hasn't flaked or faded in 10 hours. It is quite difficult to remove though, but that's why I bought waterproof eyeliner! It was around 6 bucks Canadian, and I will rebuy unless I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by lollipopcandydrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not very waterproof, It came off in flakes throughout the day and when it got wet and the remainder of what didnt flake off wouldnt come off. I definately wont buy this again. Its also hard to work with because it dries so so fast so you cant correct it once its dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by cysteine

Staying power is terrible.

I have this in black -- and it is indeed very black.
Applicator is a stiff pointy brush. I found application to be unwieldy, and any errors will be magnified immediately and difficult to correct. This is probably user error, though. Formula is quite watery, and you need to wait some seconds for it to dry before opening your eye, or it will crease.

I wore this over UDPP and sealed with black powder eyeshadow. 3 hours later it was a creased shattered mess of black. No smudging, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by briannadelia

I do NOT like this eyeliner AT ALL. I've been searching for a good black liquid eyeliner for a while, and when I saw this at Wal-Mart I thought "Why not? I'll give it a try." It wasn't TOO expensive, and I've heard some good things about Wet N Wild. When I got home, I decided to try it out. I'm not sure if it's the applicator or formula that's wrong with this eyeliner. I didn't go on my eye smoothly, it seemed too watery, and I didn't get a good black line. Will have to keep searching.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to give any WNW product a bad review but my reviews have always been 100% honest so why lie just because WNW is one of my 2 favorite brands. Sometimes there is some flaws, right? Now this isnt the worst but its a bit off.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- These Wet-n-Wild H2O Proof Liquid Liners can be found wherever your WNW products are sold. At drugstores like Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS as well as Walmart & Target. The price may vary slightly depending on your location as well as sales/discounts I have seen these always around $1.99 which is super duper cheap/affordable! which is great!
SHADE/FORMULA- i have 3 different shades out of the 4 available.
4 shades available:
881-Ultra Black~ this is just that a glossy dark black
882- Dark Brown~ this is a darkened brown almost black. great alternative for black but will still be dark enough for defining lash line
883- Smoky~ this is a charcoal gray. not a dark gray almost an ashy gray. this is a unique color & can be used for lighter eye makeup looks
884- Espresso~ this is def a coffee milk chocolate brown. looks like Nestle powder but liquid form. great for defining lash line for light eye looks. great for lighter skin tones

I like the shade selection. go to liquid eyeliner colors. nothing to bright or crazy. great selection for everyday go to no fuss liners. Now the formula is where my negative thoughts begin. The formula is a liquid conistency but can be rather chunky & too watery. shaking well before each use will help a bit seperate chunks as well as mix up & thicken slightly. If this were a bit thicker id love it alot like the Mega Liners are amazing. love a tad thicker formula since it makes applicaiton easier. H20 Proof is on the thinner side so when you apply to lash line it will take almost a minute to set or dry which is a long time but ok. What i hate is that 2 of the liners I own, they arent pigmented going on at first, you have to keep going over the lines repeatedly which then pulls off the first line since i forgot to let it dry so application is a pain & doesnt look good at all. hard to make precise thin lines since its too wet and runs a bit. So not the best liquid liners but some of the other shades I tried were a tiny bit thicker which made them not so bad so it all depends on which one you own. I wish the formula would be a tad thicker & a bit more pigmented for my liking. but some may like the thinner ones since theyre not so harsh. It also may be mine are getting old & need new ones. ill update once i open & try all of them. esp the darkest one this is what WNW says directly on their site about these: "smudge-proof and water resistant" I find these are smudge proof but not for a while. it takes a bit to dry & should def set with powder for longevity but these are hard to get off once their on. may need oil based remover. they dont chip or flake esp if set. These are def H20 proof but not completely. but the best waterproof liner i own.
PACKAGING- this is my favorite part of the liner. I LOVE THE FELT TIP APPLICATOR! according to WNW " soft felt tip applicator makes for smooth application and mistake proof" this is a great soft & flexible felt tip not like the old traditional bristles so it does make application so much easier for me. its bendable but not flimsy. if the formula was a like the Mega Liners you could def get a more precise thin line or build up for thicker lines. Felt tip applicators are nice to getting hard to reach lash line so avoid the skipped marks. These liners are in a plastic colored tube with twist on wand top like most liquid liners. Make sure to twist on correctly & securely to ensure the liner from drying out or any contamination. Simple and compact, can fit into any bag or pocket for travel or on the go. Hard plastic is sturdy & safe. no breaking. love the wand! The bottles are colored to indicate the diff shades. The color of the bottle is like the shade inside. Four diff shades so if you own more than 1 you can tell the difference. The shade name itself is NOT i repeat is NOT on the bottle itself so I had to go online to WNW website to find the names. The shade NUMBER is located on the buttom on a sticker. the logo/label is imprinted on the bottle in silver metallic writing. I really wish WNW wouldve included the name somewhere on the tube!!
Overall, i wish i could love this liner like I love the Mega Liners. but the formula is a tad off for me. I like them to be thicker & not as globby. I also know how pigmented WNW can get their liners to be & these arent DARK as i need them to be. But for those looking for a natural look these may be for you! I will be updating after Ive played around with these a bit more & see what I think again. Sometimes products need to settle & be played with so practice allows me to see what I can do! Some people love these which is great! they are def great for summer time since once they dry, they dont go nowhere for a long time!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Gymnaststar14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE UPDATE: never mind. This flakes off everywhere even tightlining. Lol sorry! UPDATE: I have upped my rating from 2 to 4 because I have found a use for this! It is awesome for tightlining my upper lashline because it doesn't transfer to my waterline! It stays all day and does not smudge off! Although it smudges everywhere else, this is a great tightliner! OLD REVIEW: This product I have mixed emotions on. It is totally waterproof, but this smudges all of my eye lids and eye area like crazy! I would not buy again because although it's waterproof, it smudges insanely bad on me personally.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the first liquid liner i have tried. it's a lot harder to apply than pencil liner, but this stuff goes on really black and is definitely water proof! it took forever to apply right, hard to make thin lines, maybe i just need a better applicator tip. the bad part is that it's soooo difficult to get off and clumps like CRAZY around the eyelashes. but this is definitely a great value.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by angelsun18

This liner was ok. It really did not last throughout the day. I really love the waterproof eyeliner I purchased at the dollar tree called L.A look. It was great. cheap and really worked.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kndllramos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its an OK product. The applicator is alittle too thick for my small eyes. It isnt matte like the regular liquid liner.. it has a glossy finish. My problem is that it would flake off. It was ok but I prefer the regular eyeliner