Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 1/17/2012 1:53:00 AM

This was my favourite mascara during middle and highschool. It gives great length and has a very clean application - no clumps, smudges, flaking, nothing. I love the flexible wand and it holds a great curl despite not being waterproof (I think it's due to the very light formula). I use the Maybelline Falsies Flare wp now because I like more volume and not just length. My mom who hates mascara since a lot of brands tend to flake or smudge on her since she has very hooded eyes will only wear this mascara after I introduced it to her and works beautifully on her. Highly recommend!

on 1/16/2012 11:47:00 PM

I was surprised how well this mascara works i love lengthening mascara and this one Really lengthens it also doesnt give me racoon eyes or transfer below my bottom lashes so thats a plus it also doesnt clump on me either so i will be purchasing this again!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I dislike this Maybelline mascara. Hate the wand. Dump away after a few use.

on 1/2/2012 6:45:00 PM

I love this product! I have asian straight lashes but they arent too short. When I curl my lashes and apply this mascara on, you can definitely see a difference in length. I usually mix this with my YSL faux cils for added volume. But length wise it really does the job.

It wasnt expensive, probably roung 6-7? Would definitely purchase again, i originally wanted a back up but since its permanent there is no need and I can pretty much get it anywhere.

Definitely worth the money and no regrets

on 11/30/2011 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was very impressed with this product, although it isn't anything special, it's very very decent and probably worth the cost. It doesn't clump as easily as others would even after the 2nd or 2rd coat.

the formula and texture is very average. it doesnt flake, so it's just a smooth finish.

on 11/14/2011 1:15:00 PM

Recently i have become a beauty product snob, My favorite is Lancome Hypnose mascara. I found this stowed away in my car and its not that bad at all!

on 11/12/2011 10:59:00 PM

I had a better experience with this mascara than any other Maybelline mascara I tried. It doesn't flake, it is very buildable, it adds a decent amount of length, not much volume but that is OK. I didn't expect it to give a great dramatic result, so it exceeded my expectations. The biggest downside is it doesn't hold a curl very well.

on 11/10/2011 4:19:00 PM

This has a nice wand, and is very waterproof and smudgeproof. I also only had minimal issues with clumping. The formula is thick enough to be noticeable, but the clumping wasn't too bad. However, Chanel/Dior mascara this is not, so only 4 out of 5. At this price, I would still definitely recommend this mascara.

on 11/7/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use both the lengthening (green tube) and volumising (pink tube) of this mascara and must say I was very impressed with both! I am south-east asian and therefore my eyelashes are quite short and sparse, so naturally I've always been on the look-out for good lengthening & volumising mascaras. Since this Maybelline mascara only has either lengthening or volumising, what I have been doing is applying the lengthening mascara first before applying the volumising mascara to add volume.

Used individually, both mascaras definitely do what they say they do. The lengthening mascara separates lashes extremely well and definitely lengthens, however, doesn't add much volume so if you're blessed enough with naturally thick lashes then this will give them that boost of volume that you crave. The volumising mascara separates lashes well too and definitely plumps them up, but doesn't add very much length. Hence, going back to my earlier statement of using both at the same time I felt this allowed me to define, lengthen & volumise my lashes. The reason I was able to do this was because this mascara doesn't dry rapidly like most others, which allows you to carefully coat, re-coat & define without it clumping, which was definitely a plus for me.

I would have given this product a full 5 marks if not for the fact that the non-waterproof version of these mascaras does tend to smudge a little on your lower lashline after several hours, regardless of whether you have mascara on your lower lashes or not. So if you're looking at long wear, I would suggest the waterproof versions of these. :)

Other than that, this mascara is definitely one of my drugstore favourites that I will continue to repurchase. :D

on 11/6/2011 11:14:00 PM

I don't mind the wand, or othe formula as far as lengthening and defining. However it flakes like mad on me, and ends up in big chunks under my eyes - I can't believe I waited this long to throw it out! I'm going with Volumious Million Lashes Waterproof to see how that works.

Popular Mascaras