Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 11/1/2011 1:05:00 PM

Bought this based on the love/ hate comments here. Wanted to explore other brands after using MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation.

Personal opinion/ experience: Coverage- Medium, does not oxides, using shade 203 which is actually 1 shade darker as i wanted to match it with the skin color of my arms. Staying power- ard 8 hours, start to get oily on the T-zone after that. Don't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing, but i feel a little cakey when i apply it, after it settles for a while it will be okay.

Wouldn't purchase it again as
1) it wasn't as amazing as i thought
2) i would also like to continue exploring other brands.
3) A little pricey, not worth the price for i feel

Might go back to MAC though, maybe i prefer a lighter coverage to have that more natural look. But i think it will oxides :(

Oh and one last thing, not a big fan of the sponge though, would advise replacing it with other sponge as it grab lesser product and have a smoother application.

Hope this review helps! ^.^
Secret to better complexion: drink more water, slp well and remove makeup properly!

on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this based on reviews here and recommendations from Sephora staff. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Using this over a primer, it goes on easily and I don't have to use a lot. it covers well and really looks like my skin but better. I have it in 202 which is a bang-on match for my oily and acne prone skin. It has not oxidized at all. I've been using it just over a month and I've not had one break out nor have I hit the bottom of the pan. I thought maybe I'd found my "it" powder. However, after about 30 minutes of applying this powder, my face starts to shine and I don't mean the shine that gives you a dewy look. I mean the gross shine that plagues all oily-skinned gals. I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/23/2011 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! The coverage is absolutely amazing. I love how it doesn't make my face look or feel cakey. It gives me a natural and silky feel. As for oil control, I would say it works well.. however, I use milk of magnesia as primer, so I don't know how well the powder works on it's own.

The reason I am only giving it 3 stars is because I had mini break outs here and there with continuous use. I only use the product for occasional nights out, but definitely not for everyday wear.

on 9/15/2011 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

broke me out :( such a disappointment because i really wanted this to work for me! but the staying power is so great and controls oil so well also.

on 9/6/2011 4:29:00 PM

I love this powder!

I have ACNE prone skin so I have acne and blemishes all over my face that needs some covering and this is perfect on top of my foundation! I use the kett hydro cream foundation and this powder to set it and add a bit more coverage and it looks great! I don't like my makeup looking cakey or very heavy and this makes me look flawless. Not heavy or too powdery at all!

I am a NC 30-35 ish right now and the color 203 looks perfect! It goes great with my skin tone as I am more warm toned and yellowish.

Texture: Very soft and finely milled! I like! Goes on smooth and matte!

Coverage: Medium to full! Very buildable! I'm sure if you swipe very lightly and use a light hand all over your face, you could get nice sheer coverage too!

Price: I got this at IMATs so it was discounted, but on the sephora website it says, $32.

Skin type: I have combo skin, leaning more on the dry side bc of my dermo acne products, so usually for makeup I have some dry patches that bug me and I hate it! But once I dust this powder on it, I feel like it takes away the flakey-ness or makes it less noticeable =] I also find that it helps with my fine lines and uneven skin texture! =] It makes my acne skin practically look smoother and better!

Overall, I love this powder and it is my HG! I really am obsessed! I hope you try it out! Find a store or ask a friend! =] You won't regret it! ( Atleast, I hope you won't) =]

Hope this helps!!!

on 9/3/2011 2:22:00 AM

Oxidized on me. Granted a lot if powders do on me but I had high hopes for this because mufe face and body is my favorite foundation. Doesn't control oil well either.

on 9/3/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got lazy (& a little frustrated) during our Texas summer heat. I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin so it is a distaster trying to find something that controls oils yet doesn't irritate my skin. I really like this powder and have gone through 2 compacts this summer. It is a very mattifying powder that has a TAD less coverage than MAC's studio fix powder (not by much though.) So, it has been my 'go to' foundation for long work days because I know it will last and not seperate on my face because of the oil. I could totally fry some french fries on my face during summer because it gets so oily--so anyone who expereinces this--give this powder foundation a try. The only downfall is that I go through powder foundation MUCH faster than liquid. I am a NC/NW15 and I use shade 200 because they don't carry 199 in Sephora as I am sure that might work for my complexion too.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't wear liquid foundation but thought I needed something for powder blushes as base. Sephora SA recommended this. Before I got a summer tan, this looked orange after a couple of hours. Now it looks natural and it evens my skintone. I have issues with shiny nose and nothing (primer, powder, mattifier) has solved it. I used to apply with a Ecotools dense face brush. One day it was still wet so I used a fluffy less dense brush and it looks more natural on me. Might repurchase but would like to try other brands too.

on 8/11/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really, really liked this Compact foundation from MUFE. it kept me matte for several hours, with few touch ups through out the day. It takes a lot for this product to cake up on my face. I recommend using this with a primer for maximum oil-free skin! :) Unfortunately, mine fell on the ground and broke into little tiny pieces. -_- I will most definitely buy this product again!

on 7/11/2011 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my HG powder!!!
i never disappoint with this stuffs. Its texture is so smooth, and stay long in my face. it also can hold my oily and absorb well. it don't make my face break outs, and easy to combine with other products...
i can say that this is the best compact powder i ever met. Besides the prices is high, but it's accordance with the quality... Two thumbs up!!!