April 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder!!!
i never disappoint with this stuffs. Its texture is so smooth, and stay long in my face. it also can hold my oily and absorb well. it don't make my face break outs, and easy to combine with other products...
i can say that this is the best compact powder i ever met. Besides the prices is high, but it's accordance with the quality... Two thumbs up!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ayosteeze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this! It's HG status for me. It gives me such a flawless coverage and keeps my oily t-zone at bay. The only reason I took off one lippie is because I hit pan on it so fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Pastagoya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I have found my favorite foundation. I am light-skinned, pretty oily, and I have a tendency to break out. I have a few acne scars and a couple of breakouts and I find this stuff covers very well with a nice matte finish. I am careful around the nose and laugh-line areas where it can look too heavy or cakey. I usually remedy this with a tiny drop of face lotion or sunblock around the nose and corners of mouth. Duo Mat really helps prevent my skin from becoming very oily and my blush actually stays on past 5pm. I tend to use it with my Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer and it looks great. Also, the compact is so nice because no matter where you are you can touch up your foundation. Who knew this was possible in a powder compact??? I will never go back to liquid! Thank you MUFE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by annette143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this powder reminds me a lot of the maybelline dream matte powder,the only difference is that MUFE last longer throught out the day.this powder is pretty good.it dosnt break me out and it does help with my oily tzone.it last for bout 6-8 hours,depending on the weather.i really like it,i will be buying again but a shade darker next time,i thought 201 would be my shade because it LOOKED the closest to my skin tone but its a little to light for me.over all,its a good powder and i really like it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mrsbjones06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is full coverage and covers well my imperfections. My shade is 203 (NC30) and is a pretty good match. I wear it over my clinique even better foundation (golden neutral). Perfect combination! I have very oily skin and this lasts me all day. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by PurpleSpider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading popular reviews on this product, i decided to give it a shot. I bought it at my local sephora, it was more expensive than US, but who cares since it should be able to get rid of my shiny shiny oily face. I did some checking online and decided i should be an 203. When i was there, the MUA matched me with a 202 and i was satisfied with the colour. Packaging was cool, with a magnetic cover, though casing was plasticly looking. Anyway, what is important is the contents. Well, it gives a matt finished in which i love it. Texture was fine and smooth, coverage buildable...i had some dark acne scars......as i am quite fair, the powder was not able to cover up the scars well. i was also using Matt Velvet and the MUA told me this powder is able to combine with Matt Velvet very well. Actually, I also love the Matt Velvet, it was the 1st foundation where i am able to complete more than 50%....however, i did suspect Matt Velvet is giving me more bumps and acne and i had 2nd thoughts of buying Makeup forever products...but i still bought. Everything was above avearge...i still gave it a 3 as i did suspect this brand is giving me more acne....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by makemeup2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this product! after buying NARS, Sephora, liquid MUFE, MAC and many drugstore brand foundations, I finally found one that not only stays matte on my oil-slick T-zone, but also matches my extremely pale skine tone. It covers the occasional blemish and blemish scars with staying power. this is truly a lovely product. the one issue that i have is that the shade i wear (200) is never in stock at the local Sephora. overall, this product absorbs oil, blends fantastically, covers from sheer to full and looks natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by untrunner42

If you are a MAC girl, you will be converted! This is the best foundation hands down. It covers everything, and makes your face smooth. It's not oily, and it stays for eight hours. Duo Mat is awesome! I will never go back to the others!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by damuko

THE PACKAGING:
Okay, this has some of the best, simplest compact packaging out there. It's pretty sturdy, and the top is held shut securely with a magnet. The powder is in a little tray that flips up, and there is a nice little sponge in the compartment underneath. But the best part? The mirror is actually attatched to the lid. How hard is it to understand that nobody wants to flip back and forth from the mirror to the makeup? Ahem, physician's formula and palladio. It's really nice to just be able to flip the top open and just check if i need to touch up anything.
THE POWDER:
The powder gives a medium ish coverage. I have combo-dry skin, and it does cake up pretty easily. If i use just this on my skin before it oils up, it won't cover up all my redness; instead it turns it kind of ashy. So i carry this around just for touch ups, because the oil control is great, and when my t zone gets oily, the powders adhere better and provide better coverage. For reference, I am an NC30 and bought this in 202, although it's a tad too light for me.

Overall, the packaging, while sleek and mostly practical, wasn't sturdy enough and left me with a crumbled compact (although I was lucky that Sephora allowed me to exchange it), and the powder itself is too cakey for my liking, because I prefer a more natural look. And you do go through it rather quickly. But it is smooth and gives decent coverage. It's a good product, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite powder foundation to date. Much better coverage than any other powder foundation I've used (medium to full coverage), and great for every day use. Stays on pretty well throughout the day and does not break me out. I like that it is a pressed powder and you apply it with a compact sponge (instead of a loose powder with a brush) - makes it so easy and quick to apply, and good for carrying in my purse. For more full coverage at night I'll sometimes use with a liquid foundation underneath. Drawbacks are price (a little expensive, but so far it's worth it to me), it gets used up pretty quickly, and it does highlight any dry spots (like pretty much any other powder foundation), so exfoliation is important before using. Probably best for oily to combination skin.